Lovers Thing

By Lovest1992

Cassie is sweet More

Lovers Thing
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Lovers thing
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 8

11 0 0
By Lovest1992

The weekend went by so quick. Next thing I knew it was Monday morning and of course I was blowing up Jason's phone so that he could pink me up on the way to school.

"Why don't you call your boy Melo?" I could hear the jealousy in Jason's voice.

"Really?!" I said. "It's a little too early for this...Are you gonna get me or no?"

"Do I have a choice? I'll be there in 25 minutes. BE READY!!!!"

"Okay don't yell!!!"

"You owe me breakfast! Bye"

With that he hung up. And he really thinks I'm going to be ready in 25 minutes? I hadn't even had my outfit set up.

I decided I'd start getting ready and I was done just in the nick of time because as soon as I put my wallet in my purse I heard Jason outside honking on the horn like the ass hole that he is sometimes.

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts to grab breakfast. And of course it wouldn't be Jason if he didn't try to order the whole damn menu.

"Just order the whole menu why don't you...I'll just have a hot chocolate and sausage and cheese on a croissant please. " I said while handing the cashier my credit card.

The cashier obviously ignoring me while taking my card and writing her number down on the receipt once it printed out. She handed it to Jason like I wasn't right there.

"Can you stop making googly eyes with him and get me my order?!"

That clearly brought her out her daze. I didn't know what got into me cause definitely wasn't the type to act all crazy and jealous over Jason.

The drive to school was pretty silent minus Jason's loud eating habits. I could not believe that he ate 3 breakfast sandwiches, 2 donuts, taters, and the rest of MY breakfast sandwich like it was nothing.

"What are they starving you at home or something?"

"Cassie, I'm 6 ft tall and weight 190, do you really think I'm gunna be full off of a sandwich and a donut? I think not."

"Clearly."

"Soooo, what's this I hear that you made out with Melo? I could've sworn I told you to stay away from him."

Omg was he serious? I was turning red from embarrassment. Jason and I never talk about that stuff. Even a make out session is too much for me to handle a conversation about.

"Since when do I answer to you? And no we did not make out and if we did it wouldn't be any of your business." I said flatly, crossing my arms on my chest.

Jason let out a chuckle.

"Your such a bad liar. You know you turn red and start rambling when your either one, lying. Or two, embarrassed. And in this case your both."

I quickly got out of the truck once he parked the truck.

Jason came running after me.

"Cassie wait! I'm just trying to look out for you!"

"That's the thing Jason! I don't need you looking out for me! I'm old enough to know what's good for me! If I want to kiss someone I'll kiss them. You think I'm just gunna hop into bed with the first guy that I find attractive after the worst breakup of my life? I'm not like you. I don't just fucking hop into bed with any or every guy that shows me some damn attention like you do with these thirsty bitches!" I yelled out. I immediately regretted it once I saw the hurt in his face. He stopped dead in his tracks and walked away towards the other entrance to the school.

I felt so bad but I needed him to realize that we aren't kids anymore and he doesn't need to be so damn overprotective of me all the time. I understood where he was coming from. He didn't want me to get involved just to get my heart broken once again. Sometimes I wanted to believe its because we see each other as brother and sister but other times I knew it was because he wanted me for himself. It was never going to happen. I could never feel that way about him. The sooner he realized it the better.

----------------------------------------------

After trig I met Zuly in the cafeteria for lunch. I was waiting to see Jason so that I could apologize but he was no where in sight.

"He must've went home early or something. I ran into him earlier and he wasn't looking too good. I asked him what was wrong and he said he just had a headache. You never know with that boy ya know?!" Zuly said. We were in line for food when I caught a glimpse of Melo. He was on his phone ignoring some girl trying to be all up in his face. I couldn't deny that it kind of made me feel good. "Jeeze, Cassie don't drool now." Zuly said with a wicked laugh.

"What? Oh um yeah I guess, you know that's typical Jason. Anyway did you ever get caught by your grandma on Saturday morning? You never called me to let me know how that went"

"Girl don't try and avoid it. I just seen you grilling Melo. But, ugh, I don't even wanna talk about it. You know how abuela gets! You know she was up at the door before I could even sneak my key threw the key hole... She was straight grilling me for 20 minutes asking me who, what, when, where, and why! I can't wait to move out of there! You got it so good you don't even know girl. At least ya moms trust you!"

Zuly's grandma was so strict. Whenever she'd stay the night her Grandma would call my house every hour on the hour demanding to talk to her and my mom. She didn't trust her because her mom got pregnant with her when she was just 14 and had her when she was 15. She didn't know who the father of her child was either. After her mom had her, she ran away with some pimp and they never heard from her again. But Zuly's not like that. She's smart, she's driven, and she wants to make it big in life. She had the voice of an angel. Her pipes were better Mariah Carey's! No lie! I know she was gunna make it some day! I wish her grandma could see that in her!

"In due time girl, that voice of yours is going to get you places. Just watch!"

"Yeah girl and your designs are going to make me look fly! "

Me and Zuly had these plans since we were kids. We'd move to New York City right after high school to pursue our dreams! She'd become a pop star and Id be a high end designer! Designing was my life! I wanted so badly to go the Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan! But my dad didn't really take it seriously. "Cassie you need to think of a real career mija" my dad would always say.

"Ugh I wish Jason was here so we could go to Chipotle or something! I hate this school crap!" Zuly said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I know but I probably wouldn't have been invited..." I replied as I grabbed an apple and peanut butter packets from the lunch line. No way was I gunna eat that nasty cold pasta that the lunch lady was serving.

"What?! Why not? What happen now?"

"Nothing. Well I kind of yelled at him but he needed to be put his damn place! Questioning me like he was my dad or something!"

"Girl you know he just be looking out for you. You two go at it like a married couple! You'd swear you guys were dating or something! Swear to God!"

"As if."

"Just make sure I'm the maid of honor at the wedding!" Zuly said with a laugh.

We walked over to our usual table when I noticed a vase full of lilac roses. They were beautiful.

On the front there was a card with my name on it.

I opened the card and written in the neatest hand writing for a guy, it read:

"You are a flower in full bloom.

As if, through a mist, a first loom.

You are a fine line that holds beauty.

So fragile yet so pretty.

Hahaha, corny, I suppose.

But there's this girl I'm trying to get to know.

Lips so soft, face so sexy.

But I know that personality is gunna get to me.

Dinner tonight?

Please say yes.

Ya beauty is such a sight.

All you gotta do is wear a pretty dress.

I won't call it fate.

Maybe just a date.

Be ready by 8.

I promise my drivers won't be late .

Melo."

I mustve been smiling super hard because Zuly was all in my face trying to read what the note said.

*************************************

Melos POV

It was 6:30 and I was already nervous. I didn't have to be ready until 7:45. I had just got out the shower and couldn't decide on what I wanted to wear to dinner, assuming that Cassie would forgive me and show up to dinner. Hopefully she wouldn't stand me up. I'd be devastated. Okay I'm exaggerating but it would have had me feeling some type of way. I barely knew her but I was def into her. I decided I'd wear my new Calvin Klein suit. As I was walking towards my closet my dad walked in scaring the shit out of me.

"Dad? Can you knock?" I quickly said.

"You have some floosy in here or something?" a hint of sarcasm echoed in his dad's voice. "Last thing I knew this was my home. I walk in where ever and when ever I please." Wonder what pissed him off now. He turned and caught sight of my suit. "So I see your using the hummer limo tonight, what's the occasion?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to dinner with a friend. Nothing you need to worry about."

"A friend huh? What's this friends name?"

"Her names Cassie. I'm taking her to Luigi's down in Manhattan. Whats the big deal?!"

"You know our deal Melo. You can have access to my account and everything that comes with it but I need to know where and who your with at all times. We can't have any repeats of last time. I mean that is the reason you got sent here in the first place."

As if I needed a reminder.

"I know dad. I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344 14 10
Penelope is in love with her childhood friend Benjamin. Benjamin's lovestruck with Violet. He leaned how to propose from Penelope and he learned to f...
1.9K 112 54
Confusing Love
29.9K 441 25
a little love stuff between puck and Sabrina
102K 2.5K 43
maya, lucas, one crush, then another, broken hearts, jealousy, rebellion, happiness, love. all in unpredictable. {lucaya}