The Nightmare

By aGalla3295

Short writings about some of my worst nightmares & fears. Never really expanded on them much let me know if y... More

Dark Terror

The Nightmare

440 1 0
By aGalla3295

My heart thuds, my breath quickens, I am so tired, but I keep running. Running I am always running, running from an unknown beast that chases me in my worst dreams, no not dreams; nightmares. Just the word makes my skin crawl in a state of fear. Fear of the beast, fear of the darkness, fear of the isolation, fear of the loneliness, fear of what's to come. I run and run, screaming for help as the beast closes in on its prey but no one answers, I am alone, but for the beast. I trip, falling to the ground as darkness closes in around me and I know its the end. The beast is above me, it's breath a humid stench, it's claws stretching towards my heart...I bolt upright in bed. I am drenched in sweat, my breathing rapid as I clench my hands to my chest, over my heart. It beats, slowing as my breathing returns to normal. I lay back down reaching out my hand in the large bed, searching, hoping for a presence, some kind of warmth, but I only find emptiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 56.8K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
28.9M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
225K 11.4K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...