different (Trilogy: BOOK 1) ✔

By dakotah1212

I am not your typical 16 year-old girl going around obsessing over boy bands and clothes, I can't obsess over... More

Prologue
Prologue 2
Prologue 3
Chapter 1: Sarah Allen
Chapter 2: Kyle Parker
Chapter 3: Emma Williams
Chapter 4: Powers
Chapter 5: Danger
Chapter 6: Run Away
Chapter 7: Envy
Chapter 8: Wish
Q&A
Chapter 9: Blood
Cover
Description
Chapter 10: Dumb
Chapter 11: Celebration
UPDATE
Characters
Chapter 12: Presidency
Chapter 13: Girlfriend
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: She Deserves Everything
Chapter 17: Murderer
Chapter 18: Failed
Epilogue
playlist
sequel!

Chapter 16: Madeline

15 0 4
By dakotah1212

extremely important chapter 
long chapter too

So i updated chapter one, and if you didn't read it, you might not understand the next chapter. So basically this story is in past tense, so i decided that everything leads up to one event. So i put that event in the first chapter but then said that we should start from the beginning

Read it here: 

  I look at her lifeless body. I did that. I'm someone whom I thought I would never become. I can feel my face become a pale white color. I stand there, tears rolling down my cheek, blocking out all the screams and yells and crying - everything. Shouldn't there be a way to get rid of all the pain and misery I've caused for everyone? I wish I was in her position right now. She didn't deserve that life. And I just ended it for her. Well, good thing there is a way to get rid of this. She was so young. I don't want my life to become hers. I am a murderer. And there's only one way to end all of this.

  -You better stay clever it you wanna survive-
Ruelle

  Lucas and I caught up to Alexis and the rest of the group when we were done with our very intimate scene.

  "Okay, what should we do now?" I asked after we had spent hours of shopping and going way over our budgets, and it was now 3:00 P.M.

  "Uh, we can... Do... An escape room!" Alexis exclaimed. "And then after, we can get shaved ice."

  "Deal, deal, deal, deal," Emma immediately said, and I giggled. "Is that fine with you, Nikki."

  "Oh, yeah, of course. Good with you guys?"

  Everyone else said, "Yeah, yeah."

--

  We decided to go in as a group together instead of competing against each other since the groups would be uneven.

  "Thank me, guys. You wouldn't have been able to get out if it wasn't for me," I bragged.

  "It's true, though. She kind of did all the work," Emma stated.

  "I'm waiting..." I rolled my eyes.

  "For what," Rose asked.

  "For my thanks."

  Bailey sighed, and all of them said, "Thank you, Nikki."

  "Thank you all for saying 'Thank you, Nikki.'"

  We go get our shaved ice. I got - - what I always get - - tiger's blood, and let me tell you, it was fantastic, like always.

---

  "Are we going home now?" Emma questioned."

  I smiled. "I guess so. I mean, if you want to."

  "Yeah, sure," Emma responded.

  We all got up, throwing our empty Styrofoam cups in the trash can by the benches.

  We started walking towards the car but immediately stopped when everyone's - and I mean everyone's, even a Bob across the street - phone started beeping as if it was an Amber Alert or severe weather alert. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, reading it. It read that Los Angeles, California all the way up to Lancaster (I HAD TO, it's a real place, Maddie), California were in an immediate, unpredictable earthquake warning. 

  "Oh my God," I quietly said, putting my hand over my mouth as I kept my eyes locked on the tiny screen tightly held in my hand.

  Rose questioned, "What's going on?" 

  And then the screaming and the crying and the yelling and the running and the people pushing past others just to save their lives and the children screaming for help when they couldn't find their parents and the sirens  - - it all started.

  "Are we going to die?"

  I felt my heart sink as soon as Rose said that. I was left speechless, and my eyes started watering. I felt my face turn red already. "Rose, I--I," is all I said.

  Bailey grabbed her by her face and said, "I will never ever let that happen to you or anyone else. You are not going to die, Rose."

  I looked at Bailey, at Rose crying, at how Bailey's such a great sister that anyone could ever have, and I'm over the moon grateful to have her as my sister.

  Bailey pulled away from her and started walking away. When the ground started shaking, she looked back at us and yelled, "Run!"

  And so we did. But Rose didn't. She didn't understand. She was oblivious of everything that was currently happening. I looked back at her while everyone stopped. I said, "Rose, run!"

  She did but not fast enough. The ground started shaking even more, and it started forming cracks where Rose was standing, immediately splitting the whole road as Rose fell, catching herself on a piece of rock trapped in Earth's soil. 

  I ran to her, even though Alexis grabbed on my arm because she knew what I was going to do: Since Rose was way to far down to grab her in arm's distance, I would use my powers. But Alexis didn't want anyone to know about my secrets and me, and I don't blame her. But I couldn't care less if I died saving one of my friend's or family member's life. In an instance, I clutched her left hand tightly and let go. She screamed in pain, but how does that even hurt for you to scream? I didn't even see if Kyle, Lucas, Bailey, or Emma ran to comfort her.

  I do actually use my powers to get Rose on the ground. She skinned her knee on the ground, but she didn't care. Instead, she stared at me, like I was some kind of monster. She was afraid of me, of course.

  "Rose," I whispered. Surprisingly, no one ever saw me, even the cameras. Because the ground started cracking, security camera posts fell to the ground. "Rose, I can explain, but we have to run... Right now!" We run, all of us, fast. 

  But I stopped; now I know that I shouldn't have. I saw a young girl who was standing in the distance, probably searching for someone. 

  "Guys, there's a little girl over there," I said, pointing at the ten year-old dirty blonde haired girl dressed in all black and standing by the bridge. I walked over to her. 

  When she saw me, her eyes widened. "Oh my God. You're--You're Abigail."

  "I'm not Abigail. I'm sorry" I said, confused.

  "Yes, you are."

  I heard footsteps approaching us; I turned around and saw Alexis holding her hand tightly, looking at me the same way Rose looked at me when she saw me use my powers for the time: freaked out.

  Alexis said, "Nikki, I can't feel my hand." She breathed, fast. "I can't feel my hand."

  "What do you mean?" I questioned.

  "I can't feel it."

  I grabbed her hand, and as I touched it, I felt the pain I caused her. Her hand was freezing, feeling like it was frozen, and I did that. I have ice powers? I have ice powers, oh, my God. I said, "Alex, I--I can't--don't know... what I did. I actually did that?" I tried warming my hand in mine.

  As soon as Alexis walked off, the girl started talking in Spanish, saying, "Mi nombre es Madeline. No hay duda." (Translated: "My name is Madeline. No question about it.")

  "Why are you talking in Spanish?" I asked.

  "Habla español ahora, o no te diré lo que voy a decirte, que es muy importante que sepas. Sé que sabes español; No me digas que no." (Translated: "Speak Spanish now, or I won't tell you what I'm about to tell you, which is very important for you to know. I know you know Spanish; don't tell me you don't.")

  "Look, I don't--"

  "No no no. Español," she interrupted. (Translated: "No, no, no. Spanish.")

  I sighed. "No sé de qué estás hablando, es tan importante que estás arriesgando tu vida por eso. Hay un terremoto sucediendo. ¿Hola? ¿Qué quieres, Madeline?" (Translated: "I don't know what you're talking about that's so important that you're risking your life over it. There's an earthquake going on. Hello? What do you want, Madeline?")

  "El futuro - El futuro, está en peligro. En peligro para nosotros. Gente como nosotros," she answered. (Translated: "The future--The future, it's in danger. In danger for us. People like us.")

  "Uh, ¿qué quieres decir con 'gente como nosotros?'" I questioned, still wondering why we're talking in Spanish. (Translated: "Uh, what do you mean by 'people like us?'")

  "Mira," said Madeline. (Translated: "Look.") She looked down at her hand, so I did. She opened her hand from the fist it was in. A black mist came out of her hand. 

  "Madeline, ¿tienes poderes?" (Translated: "Madeline, you have powers?!")

  "Sí," she answered. (Translated: "Yeah.")

  "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God! ¡De ninguna manera! Eso no es posible," I confirmed, surprised. (Translated: No way! That's not possible.") "No no no no. ¡No! ¿Cómo?" (Translated: "No, no, no, no. No! How?")

-------------------------------------------------

oh,  yes, i updated :)

two more chapters left :(

you'll probably hate the ending, most likely, im sorry

but in the meantime, let's freak out about Baby Driver, which i saw the 29th (no spoilers involved)

I hate action movies so much and i always fall asleep, FIRST TIME EVER THAT I ACTUALLY LIKED AN ACTION MOVIE it was so cute and so sad and so funny, and i was freaking out when baby and joseph where using sign language.

so recap of this chapter: earthquake, nicole finds out she has a power she never discovered, and there's this mysterious girl

PUBLISHED: Saturday, July 1st, 2017

SONG: Monsters
ARTIST/BAND: Ruelle
ALBUM/EP: Monsters (Acoustic Version)
2017

WORD COUNT: 1606

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
Static By Hattie

Teen Fiction

7.6K 317 17
{COMPLETED} "now that you've had your fun electrocuting me, would you care to hop in the backseat?" ...
6.1K 281 36
Hello I'm Sasha but it's not important you wouldn't remember if you'd met me and since you haven't then it matters even less. I'm non-existent, a gho...
7.5K 284 22
Highest Ranking- 290 in Action, 547 in Superpowers, 185 in Super These best friends are inseparable, they always work together on their class project...