Oh My...

By Doin_Time

"You don't even try," he said to me, disgust ringing in his tone. "You never did. I can see that now. It's li... More

1.) Alleged Drug Problem
2.) Suicide
3.) Bitch
4.) Car Ride
5.) Guys
6.) What's Your Problem?
7.) Debbie
8.) Peace Offering
9.) Fuck School
10.) Talk
11.) I Was You
12.) Sex
13.) Crazy
14.) Goodies
15.) Alex meets Alex
16.) Get it Done
17.) Change
18.) Club
19.) Is This Love?
20.) Awkward
22.) Murder
23.) Weird
24.) Jamestown
25.) McDonalds
26.) Lost
27.) Truth or Dare
28.) Life
29.) Impossible
30.) Slim Shady
31.) I Shot Her
32.) Drunk and Hot Girls
33.) Always an Addict
34.) Savior from Fiends
35.) Don't Care
36.) The Lord's Prayer
37) Go Home
38.) Goodbye
39.) Stranger
40.) Pact
41.) What To Do Now
42.) Father
43.) Jerks
44.) Frozen Pizzas
45.) Get Bent
46.) Sorry
47.) Boyfriend
48.) Dirty People
49.) Party
50.) Lets Go Home
51.) Cali
52.) Selfish
53.) I Love Myself

21.) Wanderlust

903 26 3
By Doin_Time

We sat across from each other in a plastic, shiny, red booth. I glanced around the nearly empty, retro themed diner, briefly wondering if Claire worked here.

I looked at Alexander as he read over the menu. "What're you gonna get?"

"I'm not sure yet..." Alexander mused. "Maybe a burger? I dunno. What are you gonna get?"

I sat back in the slippery booth. "I'm not too hungry." I admitted. He gave me a look. "What?"

"Alex, get something."

I looked at my nails. "I'm never in the mood to eat..."

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't." Alexander snapped. "C'mon. You don't even have to finish it."

I sighed a grabbed the floppy laminated menu. "Gosh, you're so pushy."

Alexander smirked. "Only sometimes..."

I scanned over the selections; it was all the same, greasy foods that's in every fast food chain. I put the menu back down, deciding on chicken fingers--something that would be easy to take home.

"Don't you get hungry after you smoke?" Alexander wondered. "I always get the munchies..."

I twirled the black straw around in my water. "Not really..." I confessed. "After my whole, uh, drug problem in Brooklyn, I pretty much don't have an appetite anymore." I tried to remember when the last time I ate was--I think I picked at some left overs before I passed out on the couch early this morning, but before that, I wasn't sure. "I'll eat little things here and there, to keep me going," I explained. "But I hardly get hungry anymore. Especially when I smoke or drink."

Alexander frowned. "What were you on?"

"Oxy." I replied before shaking my head. "Everything sorta got fucked up after I started taking it..."

Before Alexander could comment, a perky waitress bounced to our booth. "Hey! Can I start you guys on anything to drink?"

I looked at her. She was young, maybe fifteen, with bright curly orange hair pulled back in a braid. Her face was splashed with freckles, and when she smiled, I saw pink braces on her crooked teeth.

Alexander smiled. "I'll take a Coke."

"And an ice tea for me."

She scribbled down our drink order on a black notepad before flashing us one more smile and prancing off. I looked at the old fashion napkin dispenser, fighting back a smile. "She was so cute."

"She looked like a baby," Alexander murmured back.

I looked at him. "How old are you?"

"I just turned twenty one last month." He grinned at me, and for the first time I noticed a little gap in between his two front teeth. "Remember? Virgo?"

"I don't know the dates or anything,"

We shared a laugh just as the waitress returned with our drinks. "Do you guys know what you want to eat tonight?"

By the time Alexander and I got our drinks, we've had several conversations about the most random things, from what his dreams where, to who my favorite rappers were. I was dipping a french fry in a pile of ketchup at the edge of my plate when Alexander asked, "What do you want to do when you get older?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked, popping the fry in my mouth.

"Like, a career or something. What do you want to do with your life?"

I hesitated, staring intently at my four untouched chicken fingers. To be honest, I never thought about my future; I always figured I'd be dead by twenty. I stiffened. "Um..."

"Isn't there anything you wanted to be as a kid?" Alexander pushed.

"I had dreams about being a rapper, but that probably isn't gonna happen--I get stage fright, haha." I bit my lip. "Hmmm...maybe a vet? I don't know. I kinda don't have any set job in mind, I sorta just want to wander."

Alexander perked up an eyebrow. "Wander?"

"Yeah, like one day I just pack up my shit and start walking. Don't know where, but that just sorta adds to the fun of it." I blushed, realizing how unrealistic it sounded. "I guess I have a bad case of Wanderlust."

"It's a dangerous world out there..." Alexander muttered.

"But, if you know how to work it, it can be a fun world." I sat back, smiling at the thought. "There's so much out there. So many things to try. I love it all."

* * *

"You sure you don't want me to walk home?"

"Yeah, my house is only like five minutes from here."

"But it's dark," Alexander whined. "And-"

"It's like, twelve on a Tuesday night. I doubt any bad guys will be out."

Alexander didn't look convinced. "Still, I-"

"I have some things I kinda wanna think about," I stated. "Alone."

Alexander sighed, finally understanding that there was nothing he could say that would change my mind. "Okay, but be safe, alright?"

"I will." I promised, grinning at him.

He wrapped me in a bear hug. "I had fun tonight, Alex."

I chuckled. "I did too, Alex. "

"You still want me to come over on Halloween so I can do your makeup?"

"Of course! I want people to really think I got shot or something, so it better be good!"

Alexander chuckled. "I'll try my best. Bye, Alex."

We waved goodbye to each other before turning our backs and walking in separate directions.

I didn't want to admit to Alexander that one of the main reasons I wanted to walk home alone was so I could finish the blunt I put out earlier. I took out the roach from my pocket along with his gold Zippo lighter. I felt pretty bad about stealing his lighter, but I figured that if he really wanted it back, he'll know where to find it.

I lit the roach and took a big hit, almost instantly feeling the weed take effect on my brain. I mentally complimented Lindsay, hoping we were still cool so I can buy more from her when this eighth runs out.

When I got to my house, I saw the man Claire brought home leaning against the tree smoking a cigarette. I threw my roach, which at this point was practically finished, and walked towards the door, trying my best to ignore him.

"Hey."

Fuck. I rolled my eyes and my hands tightened into fist. "Yeah?" I asked, still not looking him.

"You were pretty fuckin' rude to Claire earlier." He snarled. "And fuckin' face me when I'm talking to you."

I bit my tongue to keep from spitting something back; there's no need to start anything with this loser. I turned around and glared at him. "What do you want?"

"Watch the fucking attitude!" He barked, tossing the cigarette butt on the lawn. He began to saunter towards me. "Back in the day, women only opened their mouths for a cock. I don't know why shit changed."

"You're disgusting." I growled, taking a few steps back when he got too close. He just kept walking forward.

"You're a cute girl, too. You know what happens to cute girls with bad attitudes?" He lowered his lips to my ear. "They die."

I tried to run away, but he grabbed my hair and slammed me against the front door. "Yo let me the fuck go!" I screamed.

"Shut the hell up or I'll kill you and Claire." He threatened, grabbing my hair tighter and forcing my chin up. He rose his sweater to show a gun strapped to his jeans. "Got that?" He whispered. I could smell whiskey and tobacco on his breath.

He brought his nose to my jawline and licked my throat. My eyes flashed from side to side, trying to figure out how I can get out of this without getting killed. His free hand slivered up my shirt and grouped my boob. "Damn girl, eat a burger once in a while. I can feel your ribs." He murmured, continuing sucking on my neck.

I squeezed my eyes shut before bringing up knee up to his groin. His breath hitched in his throat and he collapsed, groaning. I ran off the property and down the road, wiping his gross spit off my neck. I didn't know where to go.

Fighting back tears, still running for my life, I realized I did know where someone lived. Though I really didn't want to see them, I needed help. What if he's following me? Or what if he went inside and killed Claire?

After a brief debate in my head, I came to the conclusion that needing help right now outweighed my own pride, and I rushed to Marshall's house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Eminem One-shots By elle

General Fiction

1.8K 70 13
#3 in Rap Battle #4 in Slim Shady #6 in Rap God #1 in my reading list 😎😎 This book is a collection of one-shots that i wrote, based on any reques...
1M 52K 82
Before I could walk away completely, he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. My wrists were caught in his grasp as he placed them above my...
91.7K 3.1K 70
We joked about it. I teased him. He teased me. It was just a little game. Cat and mouse maybe? Except I wanted him to catch me. So I let the wor...
18.8K 595 26
'Are you sure we won't get caught?' 'I promise'