Mrs.CEO

By Skylar0909

Contract ✔️ Engagement ✔️ Wedding ✔️ They never said marriage was easy. More

1.Stop Shoving that Contract in My Face
2.No, what?
3. Hottie with a Body
4. Empire State Building
5. Daniel
6. Bruised Arms
7. Alec Sloan
8. A Princess Wedding?
9. Who has the Real Power?
10. Internet Vows
11. The Return of the Lover
12. Spooning
13. Sick Shower
14. Muddy Puddle
15. Flirty Comments
16. The Highest Bidder
17. Losing Fingers
18. The Phone Call
19. Us
20. Dive
21. Sperm Donor
22. White Dress Became Red
23. Blessing in Disguise
24. My Idiot
25. Unexpected Child
26. Hope
27. Who am I?
28. One More Maxwell
30. Unique Names
31. Elizabeth
32. Trading
33. Stinky Diapers
34. Nothing has Changed
35. Three Steps Back
36. Kids Around
37. Goodbye
38. No Body to Mourn
39. Yes
40. Real Vows
41. Aftermath
42. Want
43. Near Perfection
44. Good Father
45. A Gem
46. The Return of the Missing Mother
Quick Authors Note
47. Leap of Faith
48. A Six Course Meal
49. Dessert
50. The True Meaning of Love
51. Epilogue

29. Difficult Position

25.9K 1K 122
By Skylar0909

This chapter is a little different I will have two POV's instead of one. ENJOY!

Living with Carter for the past few months has been nothing, but fun. He was right he did win me over. He was very sweet, he helped me land a job at a restaurant. I went from a sous chef to one of the head chefs due to my skills according to my boss. I have adjusted greatly to this new environment. It has been a total of eight months since seeing Dylan. Eight months in which I haven't forgotten about him. Eight months in which it was impossible to forget about him. How could I when my stomach was a constant reminder of our love.

Did I forget to mention?

I'm pregnant.

Within a month after getting here I was cooking dinner in the kitchen for Carter and I when suddenly I passed out. Carter rushed me to the ER and that's when I found out that Carter was going to be an uncle.

Carter wanted to call Dylan immediately to let him know, but I did not let him. It took my best arguments for him to agree to stay silent. He finally budged and has helped me throughout my pregnancy. He has made sure I've had everything and did not let me overwork. He threatened my boss that if he fired me because I was pregnant he will have his restaurant in a snap of fingers. Thank god my boss didn't hate me after that he was actually quite understanding about my pregnancy.

Carter little by little won my patience and my love. He's been loyal, and respectful. He's maintained his end of the bargain. Dylan has no idea where I am right now. One time he dropped by. I remember that day so clearly. I was walking to the kitchen when I heard a knock on the door. I was about to open it, but the maid beat me to it and there he was. He looked awful. He had lost weight, he had not shaved, his clothes were all wrinkled up. That was not my Dylan.

I was so close to giving in and lunging at him and kissing him but all I could think of was his kid.

Carter managed to hide me in a kitchen closet until he was gone. Carter had told me that Hayley was now living with the Maxwell's at their home. Dylan and her were sleeping in separate rooms but she was trying her very best to win him back. She gave birth a month ago. Dylan was now a dad of a beautiful baby boy.

And he was about to be the father of a set of twins. According to my ultrasound there was a girl and boy arriving in about a week or so. Carter was going nuts with the arrival of his niece and nephew. He painted their room half blue and half pink. He would also talk to the babies when I would be lying in bed. He told them that he would accept them no matter what and that he already loved them very much.

"Honey I'm home!" Carter yelled right when he walked through the front door.

"I'm in the kitchen." I said. I was cooking us some dinner.

"You need to sit down. You can't be working too much the babies are coming soon."

"I'm pregnant not paralyzed."

"I don't care go sit down I'll finish cooking." I couldn't help but laugh.

"You burn water, Carter."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do I have witnesses."

"Fine, finish cooking but don't carry heavy stuff. I'll go change and be right back." I started seasoning my food when the babies started kicking.

It wasn't a normal kick.

I sat down for a second and took a deep breath.  After a few seconds I got up and started walking when I felt another kick, but this time I felt excruciating pain. I yelled in pain and next thing I know Carter was in the kitchen running towards me.

"What's wrong?"

"Carter something isn't right." I began sobbing.

"Okay, darling. Let's take you to the hospital."

"Carter, promise me my babies will live."

"I promise."

I grabbed onto my stomach while Carter carried me bridal style towards the car.

We reached the hospital in about five minutes. The pain was there and it wouldn't stop. Carter rushed me inside and began yelling for nurses.

A few nurses placed me in a wheelchair and rolled me into the ER.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

"Miss, we will find out. Please stay calm you're in g---" Before the nurse was able to finish her sentence everything turned pitch black.

*Dylan's POV*

Here I was. Miserable. It was been eight months since I last heard and seen Dakota. I'm trying my very best to be happy, but it's been impossible. I love my kid, but I hate his mother. Every since she's given birth she's been cold with the child, she didn't even want to carry him. She hardly takes care of him. Thank god for my family who has been taking turns helping me raise my son, Brandon.

My mind has been all over the place lately. I have been trying to get work done while raising a kid, while dealing with the psychopath of his mother, and while looking for the true love of my life.

Here I was in my study drinking my sorrows away staring at my laptop which was filled with pictures of Kota and I.

My phone suddenly lit up.

It was Carter.

I picked up to hear him breathing heavily.

"Umm are you okay?"

"I need you to come to Switzerland."

"Why? It's almost 12am here. What can be so important?"

"Dakota."

"What about her?"

"FOR BLOODY FUCKING SAKE GET YOUR ASS HERE THIS CANT BE TOLD ON THE PHONE!" He hanged up the phone. While I dialed a number.

"Please have my private jet ready to go to Switzerland." I said to my assistant.

I ran upstairs to get a small carry on and say goodbye to my kid.

"Where do you think you're going?" Hayley said as she stood in the door.

"Away from you."

"I'm not playing."

"I'm not giving you any sort of explanation. Instead of fucking standing there hold your kid for once." I said as I pushed her out the way. I ran downstairs to my car and drove off to the airport.

It took the pilot about 10 hours to get there. Once I got there I texted Carter and he sent me his location which was a hospital?

I reached the hospital and there I found Carter pacing back and forth.

"What's going on?"

"Shut up and listen. Don't interrupt me. What I have to tell you is serious."

"Okay."

"I said shut up and no interruptions. Dakota is here."

"W--"

"Listen you ass no talking."

"She's in the ICU."

"She's pregnant."

Pregnant. That was the one word that stuck with me. She was pregnant.

"And before you have the audacity and stupidity enough to ask me. Yes, they're your children?"

"They're?" I whispered.

"Yes, you're going be the father of a beautiful baby girl and baby boy." I felt tears forming in my eyes. Those babies were conceived by two people who truly love each other.

"Why is she here?"

"According to the doctors the babies are misplaced or something like that and she's not willing to do a C-Section. There's a higher risk with natural birth her and the babies can die. Right now she hasn't even finished dilating. She's in a lot of pain and she won't let me in there. She says she doesn't want me to see her pain, but if you're the father they'll let you in."

"How much has she dilated?"

"9cm."

"Where is she?"

"Room 2184." I nodded and ran to find the room.

I knocked on the door.

"Come---" She couldn't even finish her sentence because of the pain she was in. I slowly opened the door and there she was lying in pain. It broke my heart seeing her in pain and not being able to do anything about it.

"Dylan what are y---" She yelled out in pain again.

"Shh don't worry about that right now. Baby, you need to have the C-Section natural birth can not only kill you but also our babies."

"Our babies?"

"Yes, our. Because you and I made them. I didn't doubt one second that they were mine."

"I don't want a C-Section."

"I'm not going to let you and our babies die."

"It's risky. I wanted a natural birth I'm not prepared for this."

"I'll be by your side all the way." She couldn't answer me because she got another painful contraction. I gave her my hand to squeeze and she did that, for a second I thought she broke it.

"Promise me that if it comes down to it. You'll save our babies. Promise--"

"No, I'm not promising that because the babies and you will live. And we'll head back home where we can start a family with Brandon too."

"What about Hayley?"

"I have enough witnesses that can testify about how much horrible of a mother she is. No judge in their right mind will give her custody."

"She's won't go down without a fight."

"Then she'll get one because I'm not losing you again."

"I don't want my kids anywhere near her."

"She won't be close to our children I promise. I'll protect them with my life if necessary." I reassured her and she gave me a smile even through all that pain she was coping with. That smile that I have missed so much for the past eight months.

"I---" She wasn't able to finish her sentence because of the pain.

"I wish I could take the pain away baby." I said kissing her sweaty forehead. The doctor came inside interrupting our time together.

"Sorry interrupt. Are you the husband?"

"Yes, pleasure to meet you. I'm Dylan Maxwell."

"Okay, Mr.Maxwell I'm going to be honest with you and your wife. This birth is complicated. Your babies are positioned in an uncommon way. The ideal thing would be a C-Section, but looking into your wife's medical records I see that she had an aorta tear so due to that her heart can't handle much pressure. I will have to give her medications that will not help the pain entirely, she will be in a lot of pain I'm warning you now. I've talked to your wife a few hours ago and she wanted a natural birth, but as I have explained the positioning of the babies can cause her death and death of the children. The umbilical cord can get tangled against their neck, suffocating them."

"My wife and I have agreed to a C-Section." I said.

"Good choice, I'll prepare the OR right now."

"Will I be able to be with her inside?"

"Of course." The Doctor said and left.

"Where's Carter?" Dakota managed to ask.

"He's outside. He's pacing back and forth."

"Tell him about the situation."

"It's none of his business." Suddenly instead of a squeezed hand she was digging her nails into my hand.

"It's his business he took care of me when I was all alone in a new country. He deserves to---"

"Why were you and my brother together here?" She started digging in deeper.

"Not right---" She yelled out in pain again.

"You're right not right now." A nurse came to prepare Dakota while another one directed me where to get sanitized.

After I have finished scrubbing in the Doctor approached me.

"This is not going to be and easy procedure."

"Will it better go smoothly and my wife and kids must be fine if not I'll have your medical license for dinner." I threatened.

"I get that your worried, but no need to threaten me. I will do my very best regardless if you take my medical license away. Now I need to ask you important question."

"What?"

"If it comes down to it, who would you want me to safe?"

"Both."

"That's not my question."

"You will save both the children and my wife."

"Mr.Maxwell."

"Listen that's the woman I love and those are my children I will not decide who gets to live."

"Fine, then it will be my medical decision."

"I swear to you that if anything happens to my wife and children I will destroy you."

"Nice talking to you I'll see you inside the OR."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 83 14
"You are going to get married" . . . "She is a rich CEO, satisfy her needs if you don't...you know what will I do" . . . "I am not made for love, I m...
534 45 19
Being the wife of a CEO Billionaire is not what it seems, you get everything you want but that one special thing....
204K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
261K 9.3K 52
"Leaving us was never a fucking option, now kneel."