Cari's Vignettes

By naricasdr

A collection of impressions on just about anything and stories told in a certain manner... love, anger, secre... More

Small Dreams
A Little Hulk of a Brother
An Apprentice's Pride
Textmates from Afar
A Guy Whom His Parents Nudged
Brownies and a Soliloquy
Grocery Shopping with a Grouchy Little Sister
School
Busy Crystal
Crystal Near the Threshold
Wasted Efforts & Pussycat Dolls Rubbing It In
An Impossible Dream
The Last Blow Mystery
Jorge with the Stupid Grin & the Alpha Who Imprinted
"Saving all my love for you"
Jezebel Spirit
Flloyd, the mentor & his Mentee
The Man Who Chose
"I Will Not Hold Your Hand"
"Do not... until it so desires"
Celine's Eyes

Passenger Seat

16 1 0
By naricasdr

The car is sleek. It’s shiny and it’s black. He is eyeing it for months now – Lorenzo Saev, that’s who. He said he is going to trade the one he currently has for that sleek one.

“I need more space. I need a bigger build,” he said.

“What for?” she asked. “Don’t you like the small car we bought together?” Roonie Saev was curious. He just bought the smaller car last month… now he wants a bigger car? Why the sudden change of heart?

Lorenzo was determined to trade  the small car for the bigger car he was eyeing for months. And when he finally did…

“I’m gonna take it for a spin,” he said to Leticia with the dark eye shadow and red lipstick. “Wanna come with me?”

“Of course,” Leticia replied. She was flattered. “What about your wife, though? Shouldn’t she be the first to sit on the passenger seat?”

“Nah. She’ll have her time. For now, let us go.”

But Roonie never had that chance to ride in the sleek black car or to sit on the passenger seat. She wasn’t the first to smell new leather because Roonie’s heart failed her when she saw her Lorenzo with another woman in the passenger seat.

Continue Reading