A Love Worth Waiting For

Від supersweetlollipop

[⚠ UNDER MAJOR EDITING ⚠] "W-why did you leave me?" I asked tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry! I had... Більше

Chapter 1: I Can Eat It Cause I'm Awesome!
Chapter 2 : A Stranger? How About a Friend Instead
Chapter 3: Stubborness Runs In The Family
Chapter 4: Heels are evil
SHOUT OUTS!!
Chapter 5: This Is A Sacred Couch
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: A New Day A New Beggining
Chapter 8: Names on the cups
Chapter 9: Promotion and Doors?
Chapter 10: A Guitar Can Bring Old Friends Together
Chapter 11: Lies and Ice?
Chapter 12: Elevator Fiasco
Chapter 13: Caught?!
Chapter 14: Do you hate me?
Chapter 15: You want ...what now?
Chapter 16: Dates and old memories
Kira's Birthday and A/N
Chapter 17: Meeting my old classmate
Chapter 18: Kira's Bithday! UNLOCKED! Part 1
Chapter 19: Kira's Birthday Part. 2
Chapter 20: This night in the camp
Chapter 21:New Friendships made
Chapter 22: War had Begun
A not so inspirational chapter :p
Chapter 23: Another love blossoms
Chapter 24: A music filled visit
Chapter 25: Oh no.....
Just to Guide You
Chapter 26: Getting Ready
Chapter 27: Welcome to Oak Ridge High!
Chapter 28: Classes
Chapter 29: Gym Class
Chapter 30: Detention
Chapter 31: A Trip Down Memory Lane
Chapter 32: A Surprise
Chapter 33: Ramirez Siblings
Chapter 34: Underneath Stars
Chapter 35: Cold Shoulder
Chapter 36: Noticed
Chapter 37: Jealousy
Chapter 38: Marco's Worry
Chapter 39: Answers
Chapter 40: Space
Chapter 41: Secret Admirer
Chapter 42: Big News
Chapter 43: Ask The Girl
Chapter 44: Prom Night
Chapter 45: Goodbye
Chapter 47: The Umbrella
Chapter 48: This Past Few Years
Chapter 49: The Truth
Chapter 50: A New Beginning [Finale]
The Release
Done!

Chapter 46: A Heart-To-Heart Talk

19 0 0
Від supersweetlollipop

A Love Worth Waiting For: Chapter 46- A Heart-to-Heart Talk

***

"Thanks for the ride."

We both headed out and entered the café. The familiar scent of coffee lingering in the air. A familiar face heading to us.

"Chloe! Kira! What a surprise! How was school?" John asked full of excitement giving us both hugs.

"Everything's fine, John." I flashed him a smile.

"So what'll you two be having?" John asked taking out a pad and a pen.

"We'll just have hot choco, please." Kira responded as she closed the menu.

"Coming right up ladies." He took the order down and headed to the register.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked, directing my gaze upon Kira.

"Have you ever gotten the feeling that your always the second choice?" Kira asked looking at me with teary eyes.

The flashback of the bathroom incident played in my head.

"W-what made you ask such a question?" I asked swallowing the huge lump in throat.

"It's just... a question." She looked down at her lap.

"Truth is, yes. I have felt that way. How about you?"

"It hurts." The tears from her eyes started flowing on her cheeks. I got up from my seat and gave her a hug.

"No hard feelings Chloe but..." she cut her sentence off by sniffling.

"You're the one that made me feel like a second choice." She sniffles and wiped her tears.

I was speechless....

"The day Nathan asked me out to prom. I was really excited. My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't sleep that night on how excited I am. I liked him... but I knew he didn't like me back considering he likes you. I tried so hard for him to notice me but he only sees me as a friend. I understand that."

"However when he asked me out. I thought I had a chance. A chance to be something more with him. But I just felt like a second choice." She explained while more tears fell from her eyes.

She took the words out of my mouth. Kyle only sees me as a friend and nothing more. He likes Claire. But I can't help the way I feel. I made her feel like what I felt. She had the same feeling but with no one to comfort her like Nathan.

Tears started flowing from my eyes as I covered my mouth separating from Kira.

"Kira... I'm so so sorry. For making you feel that way. If you hate me, I understand. I don't want anyone else to feel on what I'm going through. I'm sorry for making you feel that way." I apologized non stop as tears continued to flow from my eyes.

She took both of my hands and interlocked it hers. She flashed a smile even though I know how much broken she is in the inside.

"Chloe, I don't hate you. I'm just sick of feeling like I'm the second choice." She managed to say out.

"Who made you feel like that anyway?" She asked looking at me.

"Claire. I liked Kyle ever since we were kids. I thought I had something special with him. Turns out, he just thrown that friendship away like trash. He likes somebody else, even from the start. I'm no match for her. Then I met, Kyle's best friend. He helped me get over him. He helped me back up."

"And I want to be that friend. To you."

"Really?"

"Really. We only fall so we could stand up once again. But we're more stronger than what we were before." I stood up and headed back to my seat grabbing a couple of napkins giving it Kira.

"Thank you for understanding my situation Chloe." She took the napkins wiping her tears.

"I'm happy to help. If you need any advise or if something's bothering you. Just approach me." I replied while wiping my tears.

"Here's your hot choco." John gave the hot choco to us as we thank him.

***

I'm happy Kira's not mad at me or anything. She just needed to let those emotions out.

"Hey Kira, isn't that Matthew and Thea?" I asked pointing at the two familiar faces discussing something.

"Yeah. I think they are." Kira replied looking at both of them.

"I'm still mad at them..." Kira trailed off taking a sip of her hot choco.

"What exactly did they do?" I asked taking a sip as well.

"They just start to ignore us. No reason at all. It happened a few days after when you left the group and started hanging out with that blue haired male."

"I'm sure they're doing it for a reason. Matthew is friendly and is often open but Thea... eh... close enough." I encouraged.

"I don't know..."

"If you don't believe me. Lets ask them ourselves." I stood up from my seat and headed towards their table. Ignoring the protests of Kira.

"Um... hey..." I waved at them. They both have wide eyes as they looked at me. They both started giving each other looks. As Thea sighed.

"Hey Chloe, do you want to have a seat?" Matthew asked pulling out a chair.

"Is Thea okay with it?" I asked eyeing the brunette who was on her phone.

"Sure. I'm fine with it. Why wouldn't I be?" Thea flashed a smile at me.

"So. What brings you here?" Matthew asked looking at me while sipping his drink.

"Kira invited me for some coffee." I replied while pointing at the jet black female on the other table.

"I have a question to ask you both." I started as I looked at both of them.

"Sure. What is it?" Thea asked putting down her phone and sipping her drink as well.

"I heard from the group you've been ignoring them. Is that true?"

"Yes... it is true." Matthew sighed while looking at Thea.

"How come?"

"We're not allowed to tell you." Thea's small voice responded.

"But just know..." Matthew started.

"We're doing this for a reason." Thea had an uncomfortable look in her face. I'm guessing she doesn't want to talk about it.

"And that reason is?"

"Like I said. We're not allowed to tell you." Thea replied once again quietly.

"Well, I'm sorry for opening up the topic."

"It's okay. It's not your fault." Matthew flashed a smile as Thea did the same.

"Hey Chloe, I'm about to go. Wanna come?" Kira asked approaching the table.

"Sure."

"I have to go guys. See you around." I waved goodbye at the two individuals who just continued chatting.

"Where are you going?" I asked Kira.

"I have to go to my parent's business meeting. See you." Kira waved goodbye as she continued talking on the phone.

I decided to head back to the condo.

***
I entered the lobby greeting the security guard on the way. I pressed the elevator.

"Um... Ms. Tan? May I speak with you?" Charlotte's voice asked. She was the secretary here. You may say I'm close with her.

"Sure Charlotte. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine Ms. Tan. But someone asked me to give you this." She handed me a familiar blue sealed letter with the same scent of lavender.

"May I ask whom?" I asked as I took the letter.

"He wants to keep the identity a secret Ms. Tan." She replied as she headed back to her office.

"Thanks Charlotte." I inserted the letter in my purse as the elevator descended.

I opened my unit as my sisters greeted me with a hug.

"Hey Alexa? Could you please let us go to the nearby arcade?" Anika asked using her puppy dog eyes. They haven't left the house ever since they got here. I guess she needed a breather.

"And who would you go with young lady?" I asked with sass in my voice as I placed my hands on my hips.

"Alina said she would go! And some... friends from online." Anika pointed at Alina who was just reading a book. She told up and headed beside her twin.

"I did specify I would go if you would accompany me to the library or bookstore." Alina explained.

"The library?! The bookstore?! Come on Alina..."

"That's my deal, Anika." Alina crossed her arms making her other twin pout.

"Fine. Deal." Anika pouted as her other twin grinned.

"Fine... sure. Unless you bring me a plushie." I grinned

"Deal!" They both chorused as I gave them some extra change I got.

They both rushed out the door and ran inside the elevator. I was once again alone in the house.

I sat on my chair as I opened the sealed letter.

Dearest Chloe,

Can we please meet in the park tomorrow afternoon? I... want you to meet me now. You might not accept me at first but please understand on what I'm going through. I await your presence.

From,
Tyrone

***

Hey guys! By the time you read this I'm... boarding a ferry. Hope I don't get seasick. Lol! But I know I won't! This reminds me on riding a plane. Maybe, I'll find my 'Kyle'.. JK! JK! JK! Anyways...

See you

Wouldn't wanna be you,

-supersweetlollipop

Word count: 1530

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

A Second Chance At Love Від Nathalia Harris

Підліткова література

115 0 15
Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell that she was young and in love. This dr...
I Just Wanna Spend My Life With U ♡♥♡ Від Broken angel

Підліткова література

5.3K 169 23
"minimum LOVE is FRIENDSHIP...maximum FRIENDSHIP is LOVE" I don't believe in putting a timeline on love.It will happen when it has to one way or anot...
His Sunshine | ✓ Від pink flamingo

Підліткова література

3.2M 80.3K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
The Bad Girl Attack Від Jae

Підліткова література

1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...