the bachelor ▹ dan howell x r...

By reinfalldeer

thirty woman, ten weeks, one man. ❝welcome to this season of the bachelor❞ ❀❀❀ PRAISE FOR THE BACHELOR: ❝thi... More

author's note
playlist
introductions
impressions
roses
dan
real
revenge
betrayal
pretty
wires
tripped
rumors
coke
flee
daniel
fin
epilogue
sequel

amore

1.5K 59 325
By reinfalldeer

sun shone in my eyes, causing me to awake from my slumber. i pulled the covers over my head as an attempt to block out the blinding rays but someone yanked the blankets away from my grasp.

what the hell?

i sat up and rubbed my eyes. a sharp pain in my head caused me to lean back against the headboard. i took in my surroundings, soon realizing that this wasn't my room. i glanced to my left and my eyes widened as i saw daniel howell sleeping soundly next to me. so i did what any normal person would do after waking up in an unknown room, i screamed.

"oh my god!" i yelled as i threw a pillow at the now awake dan. i covered my mouth as i watched him sit up.

"bloody hell!" exclaimed dan as he clutched onto the pillow i threw. he yawned lazily and stretched his arms. "how'd you sleep love?"

i brushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear and yawned as well. "i don't know. the last thing i remember is punching athena."

"so it was athena that tried to get you eliminated?" dan guessed, raising an eyebrow.

"mhm. oh god, how much did i tell you?" i said as i thought of all the secrets i could've embarrassed myself with by telling him.

dan shrugged, "not too much. don't worry, you didn't say anything too embarrassing."

i examined him for a moment, his chocolate locks a mess and his fresh faced features tinted pink. dan's dimples were most definitely his most prominent aspect. the covers in which we shared were strewn across the bed, our feet just barely touching. i almost fainted at the sudden thought that came across my mind. "holy shit, did we have sex?" i questioned, my eyes as wide as saucers.

crimson coated dan's cheeks at the accusation. this is the first time ive actually seen him blush. "w-what? no! i mean you wanted to, but i wouldn't let you." he rambled while fidgeting with the end of the covers.

"i wanted to?!" i exclaimed. "i think i should go." i rose from the covers, making sure to grab my shoes. i honestly didn't even want to know the things i did or said to him. i was already stressed out enough.

"(y/n) wait." dan said calmly but he made no other attempt to stop me when i went out the door.

***

"look what i got!" sung fawn as she held up the date envelopes in front of all the remaining girls. there were still quite a few of us left. that number would soon decrease after the scheduled rose ceremony tonight.

i had managed to slip in right before filming began. i refused to make eye contact with either emery or athena. it wasn't like athena was trying to talk to me anyways. emery, on the other hand, was a different case.

"oh! the first one's a group date. please don't be upset if you aren't in this. you'll get your chance." stated fawn before she began the cheesy pickup line and listing the names. i wasn't surprised that i wasn't on this group date. i didn't suspect to get two group dates in a row. the girls participating in the group date exited, leaving me, athena, as well as a few other random girls.

"okay, this is a one on one!" fawn said which lead to a series of "ooos". "it's for (y/n)!" i didn't know if i was excited to be going on a one on one with dan, or completely embarrassed given that he just told me that i told him i wanted to sleep with him.

athena scoffed, "of course." i just rolled my eyes.

fawn gave us a strange glance before continuing. "it says, 'may i have this dance?' and it starts now!"

i hastily rose from my seat in between the girls on the couch. every gave me dirty looks as i left the room. i heard murmurs of complaints about how i got two dates, two weeks in a row and they haven't even gotten one.

i exited the mansion to see my knight in shining skinny jeans awaiting me by a limo. "good morning." dan greeted as he took my hand and lead me inside the limo. "how'd you sleep love?" i rolled my eyes, a rude gesture to anyone who didn't know what we've been through this morning. he chuckled at my response as he sat down next to me in the sleek black car.

***

"oh my god, what is this place?" i commented as i took in the large ballroom in front of me. a large golden chandelier hung from the ceiling. other than a couple of speakers in the corners of the room, it was empty.

some cheesy classical music resonated from the speakers as dan held out his hand, "may i have this dance?"

a goofy smile was plastered on my face while i nodded and gladly accepted his offer. he twirled me before pulling me into him. "they forced me to do this dance date against my will." dan whispered softy into my ear before spinning me outwards again. after a few dainty steps later he pressed me up against his chest. "i would've much rather gone on a picnic or something." his warm breath tickled my ear as he spoke.

"don't worry, this is fun." i replied before dan stepped on my foot. i jumped back and let out an almost inaudible whimper.

"oh my god, im so sorry!" apologized dan as he rushed to my side. he put a supportive arm around my waist as i massaged my toes through my shoes. "jesus christ dan. you've been here two minutes and you've already managed to embarrass yourself." he muttered under his breath.

"it's fine dan...iel" i hastily corrected myself, not wanting to make that mistake again. "do you know how to waltz?"

dan shook his head in denial. "the only dance moves i know are how to spin someone and how to sway awkwardly in a club." i tried to stifle a laugh with my hand but that ultimately failed. i turned to the producers and requested for them to play something we can waltz to. they nonchalantly agreed and waited for the proper time to start it. i took dan's hand and extended it, placing his other hand on my shoulder. i mimicked his position and took ahold of his hand. i explained the box step to him, which at first he didn't quite understand. it wasn't until a few practice runs later was he able to get the hang of it.

"you ready?" i asked dan as we got in the starting position, waiting for the producers to turn on the music.

"i don't know." he responded. he ran his thumb across my fingers delicately. dan opened his mouth to say something else but got cut off by the music beginning.

when a moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
that's amore

i chuckled to myself about the song choice before dan stepped forwards and we began gliding around the dance floor. "wow, we actually don't suck." i commented as we managed to go a full minute without smashing anyone's toes or running into each other.

when you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet
you're in love

"your mum actually doesn't suck." dan remarked causing you to crack a smile.

when you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming signore

dan tipped me back, a large smirk forming on his face. "don't get too cocky." i chided but he just laughed.

"too late." he replied as he spun me out, causing my dress to expand outwards. i laughed as we came back together in our original position.

dan gazed down at me as we waltzed, a silly smile tugging at the corner of his lips. he stayed like that for a while, as if he was engraving my features in his memory. "what?" i asked quietly but he stayed in the same trance. "what?" i repeated. he responded by placing his lips against my own, and tipping me backwards for a slow, chaste kiss. i felt him smile and cracked a grin of my own as well.

"did you know you have really pretty eyes?" dan complemented which made my cheeks slightly tinted crimson.

"why thank you. you do too." i responded just in time before dan tripped over my foot and we came tumbling down. dan laughed as we fell, high pitched and similar to the one in the pantry. it was a sound i was so eager to hear. "shit! we were doing so good too. we almost danced through the whole song." i complained as we lay a giggling mess on the ballroom floor. once we settled down, the room seemed to be completely silent. i turned my head slightly to the right and caught dan smiling at me. "what?" i asked softly but before he could respond the producers cut us off.

"times up! nice job guys." the producers yelled as me and dan still laid in a hep on the floor.

"what?" i exclaimed, surprised. "we've only been together for a couple of hours." dan held onto my leg tightly as a warning of not to push it any further. i guess this date was a favor or something.

dan leaned into my ear, "hand me your bracelet please so i have an excuse to see you later." i quickly obeyed and slipped my black beaded bracelet into his hands. "what are you doing about the rooming situation?" he whispered.

i bit my bottom lip in thought before answering, an action in which dan payed a lot of attention to. "i think im going to stay with isadora. i heard she has a room by herself." i said softly into dan's ear. he just simply nodded in response as the producers began ushering us in opposite directions. i gave dan a small wave goodbye and he did the same as we were shoved out different doorways.

***

isadora swung the door open to her room with great enthusiasm. a large grin was plastered on her face as she welcomed me into her, or well my, new room. i still couldn't get over her beauty.

"how was your day?" she greeted politely as she helped bring my bags into the room.

"it was great, thank you." i responded, assisting her with my bags as well. "i just got off a date with dan...iel. he's really amazing."

"he's definitely an amazing actor." isadora commented which caught me off gaurd. she viewed my confused expression and elaborated. "you don't seriously think he actually cares about you or anyone here, right? he's obviously dating his friend phil." she daintily took a seat on the bed.

"what?" i questioned, genuinely bewildered now. "why are you here then. don't you like daniel?"

isadora just laughed, a beautiful angelic laugh. "i would if i could. im lesbian." she responded. "im only here for the publicity boost for my clothing line."

"that's smart." i commented. i guess this is the best way to get a free ad.

isadora patted the seat next to her on the bed and i hesitated for a moment. "i don't bite." she assured as she patted the seat once more. i plopped down next to her, a little too close than i wanted. i gazed at her for a little while, truly appreciating her natural looks.

"you're really pretty." i blurted out and then immediately regretting it.

isadora cracked a grin before responding, "aren't all girls?" the tension held until finally isadora leaned in slowly, closing the distance.

at first i was confused, very, extremely confused. however after she kissed my unmoving lips, i got lost in the moment and i kissed her back. i felt a pit of guilt building up in my stomach but i kissed back harder with every increase of shame. i wasn't ashamed that i was kissing a girl, but ashamed that my lips were on dan's less than three hours ago. i didn't know what i was doing. it's just human instinct, right? so when isadora's hand slid up my tshirt i didn't need to feel guilty because this is what humans are made to do.

"(y/n?)" called out a familiar voice, soft and pathetic. my heart shattered. i froze in my position, too scared and embarrassed to meet his eyes. i heard the click of my bracelet hitting the wall as he threw it. i heard footsteps and built up all the strength i could muster to yell after him.

"dan, wait!"'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 10.8K 59
A Dan Howell (Danisnotonfire) cross reader fanfiction. Bethany :)
483 15 16
**COMPLETED** Dan Howell and Phil Lester have been living in their Manchester Apartment for longer than expected. It's 2017, they've been on tour aro...
66.4K 2.1K 38
[COMPLETED] (This was written before Dan came out! I am in no way meaning to invalidate his sexuality, I love him to death!) Based on Dan's video, "W...
28.3K 680 11
"I live with Dan, I've been best friends with him for over five years now. I can tell you the ins and outs and shortcuts to win his heart. I'll be th...