A Twist of Fate (1D series...

By JossieLeia

Jo Andrews Sam was your typical average high school girl. There was nothing pretty about her. Nothing excitin... More

A Twist of Fate
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Prologue
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ One
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Four
*Author's Note ~ 1D world tour's venues request ~ * CLOSED
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Ten
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twelve
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fourteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fifteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Sixteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seventeen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eighteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nineteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪Thirty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Epilogue

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-one

66.2K 301 49
By JossieLeia

"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'"

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-one

Bam Ba Bam Bam Bam Bam

I felt my pillow vibrating violently as the loud music of Super Junior woke me up from my dream. I reached out my hand under the pillow for the culprit, pressing the first button I could reach in my sleepy state. Drawing my phone out for a look, I briefly saw it as 9:00 through my still half shut eyes.

9:00am.

9:00am??!

Shit.

Wasn't there a sound check at ten?? Damn! What happened to my setting of the alarm for eight? Did I snoozed it accidentally? Not that I could remember...

I sat up abruptly and saw a familiar form still snuggled under the sheets. Apparently the loud blasting music had no effect on him. He was indeed a tough nut to wake in the mornings!

Even though he had been sharing my bed ever since, I still wake up with a smile on my face when I see him lying beside me. I have gotten used to him sleeping without his shirt on. At first, the mere sight of his naked torso kept me awake and I resisted even to touching him. Now it had become a familiar sight. I hope he don't decide to sleep without his boxers too. That would be simply too much for me to bear! Of course, we haven't done anything more than kissing and caressing. I wasn't really for it and he was very understanding about it. He just simply hold me each night to sleep.

I bent over and nestled my nose over his cheek before planting a light kiss on his neck. Not sure why, but I just to brush my lips against his jaw line and the curve of his lips. I found his neckline extremely sexy and it fit my face just so perfectly.

He let out a soft 'hmm', as he turned over without opening his eyes.

"Time to wake up," I whispered in his ears.

He merely grunted and buried his head deeper into the sheets.

I shook my head smiling and climbed out of bed. It was our usual routine. I would be the first to wash up, leaving him until the very last minute to sleep in till.

Bom

O Fortuna

Bom

Ve-lut Luna

Sta-tu variabilis

With the toothbrush still in my mouth, I rushed out of the bathroom to retrieve my phone.

He was still dead to the world.

"Haaa....rlow," I mumbled with my mouth still full of foam.

"Where are you?!" Harry's voice came screaming back.

"Innnn my.... rooooom," I took a gurgle and spit. "What's up?"

"Do you have any idea what time is it now?" he asked. "And is our dear Prince up yet?"

I chuckled, "I'm trying."

"What have the two of you been up to last night?" he teased wickedly.

"Nothing!" I retorted.

"Better be down soon!"

"Will do," I answered before hanging up.

"Zayn!" I shook him gently. "Wake up. We are late... again."

No response.

"Zayn..." I tried harder this time.

Still no response.

I let out a sigh. The only way to wake him was...I bent over and kissed him hard on his lips.

It always worked like magic for I could feel him responding to my kiss. I suspected it was just his tactic to get me to kiss him.

"Good morning..." he murmured with a smile when our lips separated.

"Time to wake up," I informed him. "The rest are all waiting at the lobby."

"No breakfast?" he rubbed his eyes.

I shook my head, "No breakfast for sleeping in!"

He chuckled before crawling out of the sheets. He gave a little shiver before stepping onto the floor and headed to the bathroom. Then I heard the familiar click of the door for his morning shower.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

I wanna stay up all night

And jump around until we the sun.

I wanna stay up all night,

And find a girl and tell her she’s the one.

Hold on to the feeling, And don’t let it go

Cause we got the flow now,

Get out of control.

I wanna stay up all night,

And do it all with you.

Up all night

Like this, all night, hey.

Up all night

Like this, all night, hey.

Up all night

The car was filled with the singing voices of the boys as we headed to the arena in a squished six-seater car. Usually I would travel in the other car with Colin and the rest, but Zayn had insisted that I join in the car with him. Colin had warned me that things would get pretty hectic travelling in the boys’ car since it was most likely to get mopped by the fans and I would probably ended up in the pictures more than I wished for. I could not agree more.

The first time I travelled in the main car, I was totally freaked out when the car was surrounded by the screaming fans trying to get near and the zillion flashes from the cameras and phones. I made it clear to Zayn that when we got to Australia I would get back into the second car. Besides, I really need to get up the stage earlier for my warm-ups.

There had been a deviation from Australia since we weren’t due until early August so Jenson had happily inserted an additional two weeks into Eastern Europe which included Berlin, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria and Ukraine. The security was much tighter and there were lesser opportunities to step into the streets for exploring. All our free time was spent in the hotel playing cards or simply just chilling out in the VIP lounge. Not that I was complaining. It gave me more time to get to know Zayn more. The only difficulty was the smuggling of him into my room at night. I guess it would only be more difficult in Australia later.

I was glad of the tinted windows which helped to shade me from the public as I tried to stay hidden. But it was still difficult as I tried to resist staying too close to Zayn whenever there was a crowd. That must be the price you have to pay for dating a pop star. I found myself wondering how Liam and Louis went around with their girlfriends. But apparently, Danielle was quite a public figure herself so that didn’t prove to be much problem. Talking about Danielle, Liam was over the moon excited about her visit – she would be visiting him when we hit Poland – which was today. Probably, this evening.

“Are you going with Grenade again?” Niall spoke up suddenly.

Harry nodded, “Yeah, why not?”

I narrowed my eyes, “Isn’t it boring? You guys have been doing it like over ten concerts…”

“Well,” Harry mused. “It’s a different crowd each time.”

“I have to play again?” Niall asked.

“You don’t want to?” Liam responded.

“I’m fine,” Niall shrugged.

“We could get Colin to do it,” Liam suggested.

I chuckled silently. I could imagine Colin’s face if they told him that. Colin simply hated that song. I think he would die rather than play it.

“I think Colin hates that song,” Louis pointed out. Glad someone noticed.

“I can do it,” Niall announced. “But should we add in the drums?” he winked at me.

“Huh?” I sat up straight. “Why do you need the drums?”

“Something different?” he mused.

I made a face at him.

“Zayn, which song are you going to do?” I turned to Zayn and asked him sweetly.

The boys were each going to sing a solo piece during the concerts. And I wondered what Zayn had chosen.

“It’s a surprise,” he smiled sweetly back at him before giving me a quick kiss.

I still felt awkward whenever he did that in front of the guys. But somehow, they seemed to be oblivious to it.

They chuckled and Liam added, “You will love it.”

“What if I don’t?” I challenged teasingly.

“You will love it,” Louis piped.

“Should we catch a movie tonight?” Zayn turned and asked me.

“A movie? Can we do that?” I wondered in surprise.

“Of course,” he grinned. “I’m sure something can be arranged.”

“That’ll be nice,” I smiled. “It’s been a while since my last movie.”

“I want to go too!” Louis cut in.

“Me too!” Niall chirped in.

“Maybe Danielle would like to catch a movie too…” Liam chuckled.

“Hey,” Zayn pointed. “I don’t remember asking anybody else.”

“We don’t remember having you to invite us,” Louis countered.

I laughed, giving Zayn a light squeeze on his arm. “I think it’ll be fun.”

He rolled his eyes.

“We’ll be reaching in ten!” Jenson’s voice shot out from the front of the car. “Get ready to hop off!”

The boys settled back into their seats, tidying their clothes and checking their reflections while I got ready to hide back into the corner. As per routine, I would have to wait for the boys to get through first before I joined them with Jenson at the back. Jenson had been very supportive of our relationship even though he did warned me about how merciless the media could get.

The usual screaming and yelling of girls prelude the mop of crowd waiting for our arrival. I took a deep breath and braced myself for another round of ‘war’ before I saw Zayn giving me a reassuring sexy smile.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

“Mike test!”

“Test one two three.”

“Mic five louder.”

“Mic test! One two three.”

We were back on the stage at our usual positions. The stage crew were busy with their sound checks as each musician got ready with their instruments.

“Hey Jo,” Max walked up to me.

I looked up at him and smiled. “Yes?”

“Scores for the concert.”

I took the scores from him and scanned through. “Whatever are these for?”

“The scores for the solo pieces,” he explained. “Apparently, the boys want some drum parts in some of the songs.”

I made a face. So much for a break. The score for Harry’s Grenade came staring back at me.

“They seemed to love Bruno Mars ah,” he chuckled.

Flipping forward, I saw the score for Bruno Mars’ Just the way you are – I wondered who would be singing it.

“Guess it’s easier to sing,” I laughed. “But it sure is something different for me.”

I was so used to playing ID songs, that I have lost tracked of other songs. As I looked through the scores, I realised Bruno Mars’ songs commanded a stronger bass beat. Looks like I have to work my feet harder today.

“Mic checked,” the sound technician next to me spoke into his walkie before giving me a smile.

“Thanks,” I said as he handed me the ear phone which I inserted it into my ear. Colin’s guitar came up as well as Brick’s keyboard. I gave my drums a little warming up whack.

“Boys on stage!”

On cue, the five of them strolled up stage, apparently to have just shared a joke for they were laughing and joking. I mused in amazement. There was never a dull moment with the five of them, especially when Louis and Niall were around. Zayn as well. These guys were practically jokers.

“Let’s do Grenade first,” James, our stage coordinator shouted from the front of the stage.

I saw Liam and Niall walked up to Colin and discussing about some matter which Colin was scowling. Must the request to get Colin to play. Colin shook his head repeatedly. Until finally after a couple of minutes of persuasion, he relented. Poor Colin. I totally understand what it feels to play something that you don’t like. I wondered why Niall don’t want to play his guitar. Then I realised, Niall had got Colin to back him up.

“Jo! Are you ready?” James’ voice woke me up from my thoughts and I saw the boys chuckling.

I nodded.

Looking at the score – another sight reading piece.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

Thank goodness, I survived through Grenade – didn’t get exploded away, though there were parts I couldn’t really hear the guys especially when they stepped on the extension platform.

They came back onto the main stage, gathering around, waiting for James’ next instruction.

“Next song!” he shouted. “Just the way you are!”

I changed the scores on my stand – wondering who was soloing this song. This was an over-sung piece as well, I shook my head. I tried to picture whose voice would be most suitable for this song.

Zayn.

Yes, Zayn’s rough coarse voice would definitely do the job. Both Niall and Liam’s voice were way too sharp for this song and Louis’ a little weak. Harry had his share in Grenade.

It couldn’t be.

Zayn couldn’t have chose this piece, I thought to myself.

“Let’s start!”

Colin was the accompanying guitarist once again and I heard his firm strong strumming before I joined him in my bass beats.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining

Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

I recognized that voice anywhere! The voice that tingled me down to my very toes; the voice that accompanied me to sleep every night; the voice which I loved so much! Zayn’s voice.

I looked up and saw that he was facing me as he sang, especially when he reached ‘I tell her every day.

The rest of the boys chuckled and giggled as they stood around him, musing at my facial expression. Thank goodness I could still concentrate – despite my heart beating wildly.

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me

And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing, just the way you are

And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while

Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are (yeah)

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she let me

Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so sexy

She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change

If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same

So, don't even bother asking if you look ok

You know I'll say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing, just the way you are

And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while

Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are

The way you are, the way you are

Girl you're amazing, just the way you are

I never know of any other song that was ever written so perfectly. The words were just too perfect and I guess he knew it as well.

He sang the entire song facing me and my nervous system simply lived on the brink of breaking down. It was the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard!

“Are you going to sing it facing the drums?” James smirked. Trust him to spoil the moment, I scowled.

Zayn turned back abruptly and shrugged, “I’ll be moving around.”

“You better be!” he growled before I broke into a blushing tomato.

 ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

“Told you you’ll love it!” Liam smirked.

I blushed furiously. “What was that about?” I demanded to Zayn.

“You don’t like it?” he teased.

We were gathered around backstage for a short interval. Zayn was eating his biscuits with his tea as usual; Louis on his carrots; Liam with his fork in his cereal and Harry with his twin snicker bars. They sure have weird eating habits…

“Seriously,” Zayn spoke softly next to my ear. “You don’t like it?”

I turned to look at him before giving him my best smile, “I loved it!”

His worried face broke into a smile before letting out a sigh of relief. “I thought it was the most suitable song!”

“But you’re going to sing it to the girls down there,” I pouted.

He chuckled, “And you are jealous.”

I laid my head on his shoulder and his hand immediately came around my waist.

“Danielle is here!” Liam shouted out suddenly, causing me to jump.

Both Zayn and I rolled our eyes.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

“I finally get to meet you,” I smiled. Danielle and Liam had been inseparable since she stepped in.

“Me too!” she laughed. “I’ve heard so much about you too!”

I narrowed my eyes as I eyed Liam suspiciously which caused him to break out in chuckles. “What have you heard?”

“About how wonderful a drummer you are!”

“Really…”

“And I’m so happy for you and Zayn,” she added.

“Thank you,” I blushed.

I heard Louis sighing in the background and we looked at him laughing.

“I wish Elle was here…” he sighed.

“Hey, buck up man!” Harry gave him a pat on the back. “You’ve got us!”

“So, is the movie still on?” Louis asked.

“What movie?” Danielle looked curiously to Liam.

“We were thinking of catching a movie tonight.”

“Cool,” she said. “Where?”

He shrugged, “Zayn’s arranging it.”

Zayn’s eyes widened. “I said I will arrange it for my date. Not for you.”

I broke out in laughter.

“Oh, come on,” Niall came over and hooked arms into Zayn’s. “Let’s go together.”

Zayn shook off his arm, but not violently. He walked over to me and wrapped his hand around my shoulders. “Says who.”

“Selfish,” Niall pouted and crossed his arms.

I chuckled. “Well, it could be fun…”

“Are you sure?” Zayn looked at me.

I shrugged. “No big deal.”

Niall whooped with joy as he smirked at Zayn, “Jo’s so much better a person than you!” And he stuck out his tongue.

“Whatever,” Zayn said before turning to me, “Don’t regret it!”

I laughed before drawing him in for a kiss.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

“Can’t you be more discrete?” Zayn pointed out.

“Like how?” Niall asked.

“Cover up your hair or something?”

Niall rolled his eyes. “It’s night time. Who’s going to look at my hair?”

The seven of us walked down the street as a bunch of rowdy teenagers. Since it was a weekday night, the streets were quiet except for the people who were hurrying home from work.

“Do you think they still have movies this late at night?” Danielle asked.

“I’m not sure,” I shrugged.

“No harm trying,” Liam said cheerfully. With Danielle by his side, everything was happy for him.

We went to a cinema near our hotel and started checking out the movie timings.

“Hunger games…” Louis mused. “Isn’t that an old film? They are still showing it?”

“I haven’t watch it yet,” Danielle said.

“Me neither,” I said.

“I don’t mind watching it again,” Niall piped. “It’s good anyway. Just hope that they have English subtitles or something.”

“I’ll go get the tickets.” With that, I headed towards the tickets booth.

The girl at the counter was a young pretty girl, at most twenty. She spoke broken English.

“Seven?” she indicated with her fingers.

I nodded. “Seven.”

She began typing into her computer.

“Problem?” I felt his familiar touch around my shoulder.

I shook my head, “Nope.”

“Seven tickets,” the girl looked out and handed me the tickets. When she saw Zayn, her eyes narrowed as if there was a sign of recognition but she could not put a name to it.

“Thank you,” I said and pulled Zayn away hastily before it could ring a bell to her. The lesser the attention, the better.

“Excuse me!” I heard her called out.

I turned back, worried.

“Your change.”

Oh.

I reversed my steps and took the money from her.

“Are you from One Direction?” she blurted out as she looked at Zayn.

I sighed. Damn.

“Maybe,” Zayn shrugged.

“OMG,” her whisper was barely audible.

“Can you keep a secret?” he flashed his most amazing smile.

She nodded. “But can you sign?” She pushed a small book forward along with a pen.

“What’s your name?” he asked cheerfully.

“Luiza.”

“Here you go, Luiza.”

“You are my favourite,” she gushed before blushing.

“Why, thank you so much,” Zayn said.

“Your girlfriend?” she asked suddenly as she turned to look at me.

Oh no.

“Yes,” he replied laughing before putting his hand over my shoulders once again.

Shit.

“She’s so pretty,” she said.

My eyes shot wide opened in surprise.

He laughed. “I think so too!”

“Enjoy your movie!” she waved and the two of us walked away.

“Relax,” he massaged my tensed shoulders. “Everything will be alright.”

“Really…” I was white with fear. Somehow, I don’t think I’m ready to face the public. Just look at Danielle. Death threats from Liam’s fans. Thank goodness, I don’t tweet.

“It will be fine,” he assured me with a kiss.

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Wow! 70 thousand reads! I never would have expected it! Thanks everybody!

Okay, after the climax, seems like I have to work even harder now to keep your attention. These few chapters would be slow and easy - but I promised to add in more dramatic stuff later. Let's see - what can I add? A quarrel? A fight? A rival? Break-up? Accident?

But before that, I will be dedicating a chapter to Anna for Australia tour. So Anna, do keep a lookout for it!

 Hopefully, I can get another chapter up later today~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1.1M 45.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
852K 16.5K 53
COMPLETED Emily Dallas, Cameron Dallas' sister goes to magcon with him. What happens when she meets Shawn Mendes, the guy she has been in love with...