Dating Days and Campfires

By _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... More

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Screw This.
Cat Fight.
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Home.
Scared.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
Confusion.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Lights, Camera... ACTION!

82.9K 1.3K 516
By _justanotherwriter_

SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT WHAT YOU REALLY REALLY WANT

Recap: Taylor gets drunk, tells Cass that she 'gives him a reason,' almost tells her something later, and Cass almost says the 'L' word to Alex. :) 

WARNING: GRAPHIC CHAPTER (kind of-ish) (not really) (a little bit) (i guess) (just in case) 

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Okay, that's it, I'm out of ideas," I huff, crumbling the paper and tossing into the corner, which was already overflowing with failed ideas. 

"Come on, we just got to think!" Belle encouraged, laying down on the floor on my cabin. "So we need something that says to the kids that revenge is bad, right?" 

"Yeah," I sigh, adjusting my cross-legged position on the bed. 

"How about you take a spin on a fairy-tale?" 

"Like what?" 

"You could Cinderella! She doesn't try to get revenge on her evil-stepmom! Or Snow White!" 

I sit up straight, liking this idea. "I like the way you think, Hopkins. Let's get to work." 

***********************************************************************************************************************

"Do you want to get Alex and I'll get the rest of the counselors?"Belle asks as we make photocopies of the script in Aunt Kathy's office. 

"Sure," I shrug and we collect our papers and exit. I figure that Alex is probably in his cabin or something, so I enter to find him writing in a book. 

"Hey," I chirp. He looks up, startled, and then shoves the book under his mattress. Suddenly, the dots come together. "Is that your...?" I trail off, pointing to where the book is stored. 

"My what?" Alex fakes innocence, getting up. 

I roll my eyes. "Your lovey-dovey incredibly adorable songbook that nobody should ever find out about." 

His eyes widen and he quickly rushes over me, placing a hand over my mouth. "Shh!" He hisses, his face centimeters away from mine. After a moment, he slowly removes his hand and I smirk at him. 

"I think that's its cute, Alex." 

"Oh, stop," he huffs, crossing him arms.

"Aw, is Awex embrawwsed?" I pout, pinching his cheek. 

"Shut up," he scoffs, swatting my hand away. 

"What were you writing about?" I cock my head to side, a smile still playing on my lips. 

"Nothin'," he looks downward at his shoes, absentmindedly kicking the ground. 

"Oh, come on! I promise I won't tell!" I squeal, clasping my hands together. 

He looks up and sighs. "The sky." 

I narrow my eyes at me, taking a step forward and poking a finger into his chest. "That's a lie. Now, what were you writing about?" 

We have a stare off with a could seconds, then he gives in. "See for yourself," he grabs the book from he hid it and tosses it to me. With a flash of a grin, I open to it and flip through the worn pages to the latest entry. 

I don't know what this is. 

I don't know what I'm feeling. 

But I know, I know, that as long as I'm here,

with you,

everythings going to be alright. 

Cause you'll make things all right. 

I don't know what you feel. 

I don't know what you think. 

But I'm ready to

"Go into oblivion with you," Alex softly sings and I tear my eyes away from the book to find Alex mere centimeters away from my face. We smile softly at each other and he leans forward and places a soft kiss on my lips. 

It was a mere brush, but all the unspoken words we had between us were in it.  

***********************************************************************************************************************

"I'm a freaking prince?!" 

"Yes, Alex. But I think you're getting the better end of this deal because Belle forced me to be Cinderella. I have to be an effin' princess!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up in the air. 

"Wait... So, I'm your evil step-father?" Taylor cocked his head. 

I sat on a table, sitting. "Yes, get with the program guys!" I exclaim. All tcounselors were in the mess hall and the kids were doing some hike with Aunt Kathy. We were supposed to perform this evening. 

"Okay, everyone!" Belle took charge. "I'm the fairy godmother, Juliet and Kelly, you're the evil stepsisters. And Mark and Chase, you can be the.... horses." 

"I'm a freaking horse?" Mark furrowed his eyebrow. 

"But first you're a mouse," Belle tactfully pointed out. 

"What the heck? I don't get paid to be a stupid horse!" Chase crossed his arms. 

"You don't get paid. Period." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. 

"We don't get paid for this crap?! What is this world coming to?" Mark groaned, head in his hands. 

"But you will get the fantastic feeling of helping your friends out," I grin at them. They both look up and scowl. 

Feeling the love, guys

"Okay!" Belle's voice booms. "Let's take it from the top!" 

Taylor groans, rolling his head back. He starts off, his face blank and his voice monotone. "Okay. Cinderella, I need you to-" 

"STOP!" Belle barks. "Have emotion, T. Now, start over." 

Sighing, he follows her instructions and puts on a scowl. "Cinderella, I need you clean the table, you stupid kid. No wonder your mommy left you, you good for nothing waste of space. You clearly can't do anything, and I think that-" 

"Taylor." Belle interrupts him. 

He looks up from where he was staring at the ground, his voice full of emotion and hate. He wasn't even looking at the script. 

"I don't think that's in the script," Belle notes. 

"Oh. Um, sorry. Improv?" Taylor scratches the back of his head, looking out of place.

From across the room, Mark shoots me a look. 

***********************************************************************************************************************

"Hold still!" 

"You try holding still when someone burned your ear!" 

"Oh, shut your piehole and man up!"

"Ugh," I groan, squirming in my seat as Belle tried to curl my hair. We were seated in my cabin, and Belle was supposed to be getting me ready for the 'ball.' "I hate being this stupid princess!" 

"The only reason we're having this stupid play is your fault." 

I sigh, my shoulders slumping. "Good point." 

"There! All done! Now, put on your dress and get your butt over to the mess hall!" Belle exclaimed, and gathered her stuff, exiting. Muttering to myself, I put on the disgustingly pink dress Kelly had picked up in a thrift shop in town today. But, when I went to pull the zipper up, it got stuck. 

"Shit!" I cursed loudly, trying to reach it. "This can't be happening!" 

"Need help?" 

I turned around to see Alex leaning against the doorframe, dressed in a fitted suit, looking absolutely delicious. 

"Uh, yeah," I stutter. Alex comes forward, a smug smile playing on his lips and I turn around, lifting my hair over my shoulder. He stands behind me, so close I can feel the warmth emitting from his body. I hold my breath, heart pounding. Slowly, his warm fingers skim my back as he gently tugs the zipper up. 

"Better?" He softly asks, his lips move lightly over my ear and my skin feels like its on fire. 

"Better," I sigh. 

He slowly wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me even closer to me. He places a soft kiss behind my ear. "Alex," I sigh, placing my hands over his arms. 

"Yes?" He chuckles lowly, peppering soft kisses up and down my neck. 

"We have to go..." I mumble, my eyes closing, enjoying the feel of Alex's lips. 

"Hm..." 

"Guys, we-OH MY GOD MY EYES!" 

Alex and I immediately break apart, turning to the door. I blush a furious red when I see Mark standing at the door, a horrified look on his face. "There are children!" He hisses. "You should be ashamed of yourselves!" 

"What do you want, Mark?" Alex sighs, running a hand through his hair. 

"You guys need to hurry up. And please, remember protection," he gives us a cheeky grin and is out the door in a flash. 

"God, that was embarrassing," I mutter, placing my head in my hands. 

"Hm... now where were we?" Alex places his hands on my arms. I gently push him away, frowning. 

"Nice one. We have to go," I move towards the door, tugging Alex behind me. 

"Women," he mutters as we walk to the mess hall.

"I heard that," I singsong. 

"You were supposed to," he sticks his tongue out at me, scowling. Rolling my eyes, we enter the cafeteria through the back entrance. The first thing I see is Belle bustling around, dressed in a fairy costume with her hair up in a bun. 

"There you guys are!" She exclaims, frowning when she sees us. "You know your lines, right?" 

Alex and I both nod and she sighs. "Good. Now, we're starting in 2 minutes, so... PLACES! EVERYONE!" She barks and I cringe. 

Lights, Camera...ACTION!

***********************************************************************************************************************

"Thank you so much, fairy godmother!" I chirp, grinning at Belle at on the stage. We were at the part of the play where my evil family went to the ball, leaving me at home and Belle and transformed me into an actual princess. 

"You're my welcome, my dear. Now, go on to the ball. And remember, be home by 12!" She smiles back. 

So far, so good. 

This was my favorite part of the play and I was looking forward to this. Carefully, I sat down on the pink chair, which was on a stand that was lifted by my 'horses,' Chase and Mark. With a heave, they lifted me up into the air, scowling. I bit back my laughter, but the kids didn't, and the crowd erupted with giggles. 

"Hey! Stop laughing!" Mark yelled. 

This causes the noise to increase, until finally, I arrived at the 'castle,' which really just a cardboard door. 

I entered the 'ball,' where Taylor, my horrid step father and Kelly and Juliet, my step sisters were. They looked woefully at Alex, who was sitting on his 'throne.' Alex's face suddenly lights up when he sees me and he comes over to me, smiling. He bows and sweeps my hand up to his face, gently brushing his lips against my knuckles. 

"My lady." 

I blush, and it certainly wasn't my 'excellent' acting skills. "Sire," I tilt my head downward. 

"May I have this dance?" 

I simply nod, forgetting my lines. 

He takes my hand and quickly puts us into position as the music begins to play. One of his hands is on my waist, the other clasping my hand. My other hand is on Alex's shoulder and he spins us around and around the stage. 

From backstage, a gong noise chimes and I mock surprise. "Oh my!" I exclaim, breaking away from Alex. "Got to go, peace out!" I call, running away. But when I'm supposed to slip off my shoe, it doesn't come off. I stand there for a moment, trying to work it off with my other foot, while Alex is waiting on the other end of the stage, trying to cover up his laughter. But yet again, the kids don't and they're full out hysterical. 

Groaning, I bend down and snatch the shoe off my foot and toss it behind me, exhausted. 

"OW!" 

I quickly wheel around to find Alex rubbing his head, and my shoe lying at this feet. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I-" I rush over, but Alex shakes his head at me, leaning forward. 

"The show must go on," he whispers and hands me the shoe. Shooting him an apologetic smile, I race back to my spot, carefully place the shoe down and exit the stage, where the kids were rolling on the floor. 

***********************************************************************************************************************

After I came back home, quickly became loser Cinderella again, the scene was now when Prince Alex was trying to find me, giving the shoe I lost to Kelly and Juliet to try on. It actually fit them, but they just pretended it didn't.

"Oh! It's too small!"

"Dang it! Too big!"

There was silence and I realized it was my turn. "Can I try it on?"

Alex looked up at me smiling.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Taylor interjects, crossing his arms. "You weren't even at the ball, right, Cinderella?

"Um... couldn't hard to hurt, Daddy-o!" I chirp and shove him out of the way. 

God, Belle was going to kill me for forgetting my lines. 

Alex bit back his laughter and placed the shoe on the ground. I stepped into it and Alex engulfed me in a hug, as kissing wasn't exactly appropriate. 

After our embrace, I turned to my 'father,' scowling. "What now, father? I'm gonna trash this place and get revenge-" 

Alex cut me off by gently squeezing my arm. "Revenge is never the right answer, Cinderella," he said, looking towards the kids. 

"Thank you, Prince Charming, for reminding me. You should discuss your problems with people and not act on your feelings," I drone and a kid in the audience boos. 

"But, Cass, you said that-" a girl named Spencer in the front row starts, but I cut her off by jerking my head to where Aunt Kathy was in the wings. Her lips form a 'o,' and she sits back down. 

Exhaling a sigh of relief, we bow down, welcoming the round the applause. 

"More! More!" Kids stomp their feet shouting. 

I hold my hands up. "No, it is way to l-" 

"I think that's a great idea!" Juliet interrupts me, and runs backstage. She comes back holding a green shirt and shoves it into Alex's arm. "Put this on," she hisses. 

He looks startled but obeys, taking off his jacket and tie and slipping it on. 

"Everyone but Alex please leave the stage!" She orders and we follow. A niggling feeling in the back of my head was telling me something was wrong.

Something was going to happen. 

I stare at what's going on from behind the curtains that we made. "Once upon a time, there lived a princess. But she was so very lonely. So, one day she took a walk to her favorite pond where she saw a-" 

She pauses to get behind Alex, shoving him downwards into a crouching position. 

"frog." 

Crap. 

The Princess and the Frog. 

I knew how this one ended. 

Juliet wouldn't...

"The frog was gross and slimy and made weird noises," she looked pointedly towards Alex. 

"Uh, ribbit?" He said, confused. 

"But then the frog began to speak," she looks toward Alex again. 

"Sup?" He tries. 

"The princess was startled! And even more shocked when the frog revealed that he was a prince, cursed by a witch. And only a true love's kiss would break the spell." 

No.

I lean forward, fisting the curtain, my heart sinking. 

"So, the princess did what any smart princess would do and she kissed the frog." 

She crouched down, grabbed Alex's neck and smashed her lips on his. 

In that split second, my world came crashing down and I suddenly felt too hot. 

I needed to get out of here. 

Gasping, I raced outside, blindly, ignoring people telling me to stop. Everything was blur and I felt the walls closing in on me. I leaned against the cabin outside for support, trying to catch my breath and stop the sickening feeling in my stomach. 

Juliet kissed Alex. 

Her lips touched his. 

I sink to the ground, tears threatening to spill over. 

God, Cass, you're such a drama queen! Its just a stupid play! 

But this is your worst nightmare...

Why are you crying? It's Alex, you trust him!

But do you trust Juliet? 

"God!" I curse loudly, placing my head in my hands. Someone barges through the door next to me and I don't even have to look up to know who it is. 

Alex. 

Slowly, large hands pull me upwards, and I keep my gaze downwards. 

"Cassandra Ann Williams, you are the only princess that could ever turn me into a prince from a frog." (Gif on the right ---->). 

Slowly, I look upwards into those blue eyes that seemed endless. "What?" 

"You heard me," he smiles, a dimple poking out. "You're a princess. I'm just a frog." He rests his forehead on mine and wipes away a tear that spilled out from eye. 

"I'm a crummy princess, then," I let out a dry chuckle. 

"I think you're doing just fine." 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Again, shoutout to SPUNKY727

A huge help!^^

Stay thirsty, you peasants. ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.2K 30
Annie and Kyle were best friends, until he ended it? but why? She soon uncovers the truth about being a rejected mate, will they make it or fail com...
20.5K 607 30
Alexandra "Alex" Martin. She has the popularity, the fortune, the cold and ruthless look, and the brains. She had everything a teenager could ask for...
12.1K 871 17
She'd die for love. He didn't believe in love. *** From reading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, to watching 10 Things I Hate About You, to list...
78K 2.6K 46
Alexander Clark has gone through hard times at a young age. Unable to handle the pressure he and his family move to try and start a new life. But wh...