Across The Border

By Aponycalleddenny

Formally Ask Me In A Week Mate? Amber's small family of herself and her mother move from their acerage in Aus... More

Leaving Home
Olive-Skinned Strangers
Kalbe And Quin
The Funeral
Nightmares And Movies
Important Business
Kidnapped.

Making Moves

141 10 8
By Aponycalleddenny

It was about 12 o'clock when the boys left. I closed the door with a giddy smile on my face.

" Who were they?" My mother asked semi suspiciously. I wasn't sure if she was joking or being serious.

"Uh, just some guys from school." I answered.

"Do you want some breakfast?" She changed the subject.

"Ah no thanks." I said, regretting all the popcorn I consumed.

I was watching Shrek that night when halfway through, my mother came in, switching off the TV.

"Bed time." She ordered. "You've got school tomorrow, you know."

I grumbled small complaints, but agreed, thinking of last nights sleepless events.

Laying on my bed I picked up my phone. I had 10 new messages.

<3 you.

miss you mwa.

Come home plz!

I wanna move 2 America now!

Call me

You should've seen Gus at school! bahaha! Call me 4 details

how is america?

Dustin misses you :P So do I

Can't you come bak?

The last one caught my attention and I replied almost instantly.

Wanna come to The Bonfire this weekend ?- unknown number

Who is this? ;) - Me

They replied instantaneously .

Kaleb ;) - Unknown number.

I quickly changed the details and added his number to my contacts.

How did u get my number?- me

He didn't answered, so I narrowed my eyes and left a note in my head to ask him about it later.

I lay my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. I slept a dreamless sleep.

When I woke in the morning, I monotonously got dressed, throwing on a printed t-shirt that was draped over my bed and chucking on the same jeans I wore on the first day to school.

I grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs, getting some cereal from the cupboard I sat down and ate, I missed the window I always used to sit in front of, it had a perfect view to the paddock a few f our horses were kept in.

I longed to be in the saddle, I had gone currently two weeks without so much as seeing a horse and thinking of my precious horses I had to sell... I didn't cry, it was already something I'd spent many, many hours crying over and I figured I had to move on.

Hearing my mothers footsteps on the stairs I quickly picked up my bag, grabbed an apple and fled out the door with a quick goodbye.

I didn't want her to see me with tears in my eyes, I didn't want her to feel bad.

I munched on the apple as I crossed the road. I plugged my earphones in and listened to one of my favourite songs. Untouchable by Taylor Swift.

"Untouchable like a distant diamond sky...

I'm reaching out and I just can't tell you why,

I'm caught you..

I caught up in you.

Untouchable burningg brighter than the sun,

and when your close I feel like coming undone,

In the middle of th-"

"Your pretty good." Mike said breaking my concentration, I blushed.

"Thanks."

"Well, there was a bit of a rumour." He winked.

I smiled Mark was much more open now that I had got to know him, he wasn't wearing a hoodie today instead going for the schools football jersy.

"Hey, I didn't know you played football!" I said playfully poking him in the stomach.

He mocked offended, "I'm the receiver!"

I smiled. "Oh."

"You have no idea what that is, do you?"

Nope." I replied laughing.

He explained his role and I pretended I got what he was talking about.

Mark fell silent and I stopped walking backwards, wiping the smile off my face I turned arond.

"Hey!" Kalbe greeted us smiling widley.

"Hi guys!" I smiled back.

" Yesterday was really fun eh, Amber." Kaleb smirked at me suggesting something that didn't happen.

"What happened yasterday?" Mark growled looking at the much taller Kaleb.

"Oh we just watched movies and the-" Keleb begun before I cut in.

"We, as in, Kalbe, Harry, Kaleb and I watched some movies on Sunday and then, they all went home." I said saying everything slowly and empasising the fact that the other guys were there.

"Oh." Mark said. "Okay" It was starting to get awakward. I bit my lip looking away.

I took my jacket off, it was my favourite, brown leather. I was feeling pretty hot.

"Are you coming to The Bonfire tomorrow night? it's at my place." Kaleb asked.

"I guess so." I thought for a second, I had something to ask him but I couldn't remeber.

"Well we better be going." Kaleb said before I wanted him to leave, I liked being with them. "Don't look so sad." Kalbe added putting his thunb under my chin and lifting it up to face him, my heart skipped a beat and I blushed.

:I'm not going to miss you." Seeing they're faces I quickly added, " I'm not like.. Happy your gone- and I'm not like obbsesive and- I don't care wether yo leave or not." I said closing my eyes.

"Kay, we'll leave." Kaleb smiled, "Nice shirt by the way." He winked and I looked down and looked at the print I hadn't bothered to notice before, it was a wolf.

I then remembered what I needed to ask him. How did he know my number?

But he was already gone.

"You shouldn't go." Mark said.

I frowned. Choosing to ignore his bad temper.

"Amber." something about his vioce was different. I looked at him.

He pushed me against the wall and my breath hitched.

He hid his eyes behind his long thick lashes."Amber, Promise me you won't go. Please." He looked up and ye heart flutterered for the second time today as his blue eyes burnt into mine. I had never known Mark to be this confident, this daring. It was bold.

"O- oh, okay." I said, my voice shaky. He reached hand up to touch my face before he disapeared. I slid down the brick wall, scraping my back, I didn't know what to think.

There was however one thought that kept popping into my mind.

Dustin. I loved him. I felt like I had jst betrayed him, even though I could say it was Mark, and we didn't even do anything the guilt still hung over me like a rainy day.

I could say that I didn't do anything. But that's the problem. I could've pushed him off me, or not felt like that.

I didn't know what to do. But I had to stand and go on with the rest of the day, I would deal with Mark later.

AUTHORS NOTE!

Hey! Sorry, bit of a boring chapter... What do yu think of Mark?

And I just wanted to say thankyou again! Without our fans we would not be able to write this, So Thankyou thankyou thankyu thankkyou!!!

Next chapter introduces new characters.. Hehe.

I added a cast? What do you think of em?

Remeber to vote comment and Fan if yu haven't! Please, it will make my day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...