Writing Kiwi's Prompts

Af hopestar524

These are all in response to @SpicyKiwiWrites 's "Pack + Sidemen Story Prompts". Check it out if you haven't... Mere

Description
Dedication and Appreciation
Singing
Not so Mini
Sidemen FC
Sidemen FC Fluff
Control
X~ Marriage
GTA
X~ Free!
SidemenClothing
Birds
Simon's Sidemen Q&A
Piano
The Knights of Princess Vikkstar
X~ CAH smut prompt

Birthdays

163 8 7
Af hopestar524

Prompt: Say it's a Sidemen 'Family' tradition for a birthday boy to be able to ask one thing of each other Sideman. In the past it's been common practice for the birthday boy to ask each Sideman for one thing to make a party; like asking Harry for a cake, Josh for crisps, Simon for soda, JJ for alcohol, etc. This year, however, something changes. Maybe the birthday Sideman asks for a kiss from his crush, or maybe he doesn't know what to ask for, so wishes it to be a surprise.
Bonus: Try not to include the obvious "big party, drunk people, confessions, kiss" sequence. Go for something interesting, and try not to get anyone drunk.
Random Idea: Try making the birthday boy a total introvert who hates parties, and even more bonus for having them selflessly decide to ask for things that benefit the other Sidemen, not himself. (This could be a cool ending where the Sidemen realize that birthday boy is only doing it for them, and decide to surprise him with something special that he might not have asked for).

Choice 2 and hinted Choice 1 with Bonus 1

Tobi's birthday was approaching much faster than the boy wanted to admit. It wasn't that he had any sort of problem with getting older- he really hadn't come to terms with that aspect of his birthday yet. Rather, something else worried the boy. For a long while now, the Sidemen had founded a birthday tradition. The birthday boy got to ask each Sidemen for something, typically items for whatever party they had planned. However, Tobi didn't know what to ask for. This year he's decided he wanted a smaller party with only him and the other Sidemen. It wasn't that he was against the idea of a party, he just wasn't feeling it this year. The same get drunk, pass out, hangover routine was getting old to him, and he wanted his birthday to be special this year. Tobi couldn't completely understand it, but the other Sidemen pretended they understood. That would be enough for now, Tobi had decided.

The only issue with Tobi's brilliant small party plan was that he now had no idea what to ask the guys for. And so, when he was questioned on what he would want, he simply said "surprise me". Since he had said that, Tobi was anxious about what the boys would do. To what extreme were they willing to go to make Tobi regret his request of a surprise?

What Tobi didn't know, however, was that the other Sidemen were taking his birthday very seriously. Simon was in charge of drinks, and making sure there was nothing alcoholic. JJ was employed to make a playlist- something for background noise that Tobi would still like. Ethan would find the snacks for the party, ensuring that Tobi's favorite snacking foods were available. Harry had offered to make a cake, and the others agreed on the account that he got someone responsible to help him. And that left Josh and Vik in charge of gifts for Tobi. Josh was put on the job as Tobi's best friend, seeing as he would know Tobi's interests the best. And Vik was there for a whole different reason.

Tobi may have a tiny -major- crush on Vik. Not a little "awe he's cute but he's my friend so no" crush, but a "oh my god he's in the same room as me and I might faint because oh god he hugged me" crush. Josh was surprisingly the only Sidemen who knew of this, at least until now. Josh had only told Vik though, and even what he told the short Sidemen wasn't the full truth. As far as the other Sidemen knew, Vik was helping with gifts because of his own crush on Tobi. And it wasn't wrong, that was the original purpose of Vik aiding Josh. But now with Josh's own secret plan, Vik had an extra job on his plate.

You'll have to wait to find out what it is, though. For now, the focus will come to Tobi's birthday.

When Tobi arrived at the Sidemen house, he was a little nervous to say the least. He trusted his friends wholeheartedly, but he also knew his friends very well. Tobi took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He rocked slightly on his feet, listening as he heard footsteps approaching the door and- was that soft music? Josh opened the door, grinning from ear to ear. He hugged his best friend of many long years, before allowing him into the house. Entering into the main room, Tobi was surprised to see small quantities of snacks and drinks decorating tables. The other Sidemen were all standing in a line, and they all called out happy birthday to him at the same time. Tobi smiled and laughed, thanking them all. When his eyes searched the room, he saw video game consoles set up by the TV. All his favorite games that they owned were lined up by the console, making Tobi smile wider. He flickered his eyes between the line-up and the others, as if asking for permission. Simon granted it, telling him it was his birthday after all.

Three hours of random games and snacking came and passed. They had decided to do presents before cake; Josh had requested it be that order. They all say down in a circle, each one of the Sidemen having gotten Tobi a small gift as well. Following the opening of those presents, Tobi was handed the group gifts. Tobi was ecstatic, gleefully wearing a new SnapBack he had gotten.

"There's one more gift. It's a little bigger, so Vik's going to go and bring it down. You ready Vik?" Josh's words earned a short nod from Vik, the younger boy rushing up the stairs. The other four looked at Josh curiously, as Josh would tell them nothing about this extra gift. When footsteps came down the stairs, all eyes turned to Vik. The shortest Sidemen returned with a large bow on his head, the strings slightly falling in front of his face. The bright red bow matched Vik's crimson cheeks perfectly. The shortest looked down a little as he began his lines.

"I'm your last birthday present because I kinda think you're cute and Josh told me I should do this." Vik's words were met by silence. The other Sidemen all looked at Vik in shock, while Josh simply smiled at him. Tobi slowly stood up, walking over to Vik. Vik got increasingly nervous as Tobi walked over, the older had such a blank expression. Tobi's hand reached forward and Vik watched in panic as it approached his cheek. Rather than smacking him, as Vik feared, Tobi pushed the strings back from Vik's face and cupped his cheek. Vik squeaked as Tobi leant in, their lips connecting. JJ's jaw had dropped, Harry watched wide-eyed. Ethan started giggling, however, and Simon leant over towards Josh.

"Is this why you couldn't tell us what the present was?"

"Yup."

"Oh okay."

Tobi broke away from the kiss, smiling at Vik. The younger seemed to be in a state of overdrive, his eyes left wide open as Tobi stroked his cheek.

"As much as I'd love to kiss you again, Vikky, I gotta go kill Josh for this. I'll be right back." With those words, Tobi pecked Vik's lips again. The boy turned towards his friend of too long, glaring. "You're dead, Josh!" Josh scrambled up and ran.

"Do I not get any credit for getting you a kiss with Vik?!"

Choice N/A Random Idea with all Bonuses

{AN- So I just wrote half of this and realized it kinda veered away from the prompt. Sorry, but I've written so much of this that I'm not restarting.}

Tobi was not a big party person. It didn't take much for you to notice that about him. Whenever the guys would throw their big parties- typically with no excuse at all- Tobi spent most his time to the side. He would sit against a wall for the hours they would last, staying sober so he could clean up once everyone passed out. So, as you could assume, he was not looking forward to his party.

Sidemen tradition allowed for each boy to request one thing from each of the other Sidemen for their birthday. It had become typical for them to request items useful for a party. All but Vik had always done so, and Tobi wished he was brave enough like Vik. The shortest Sidemen was also anti-parties, and he frequently snuck out before the parties could get bad. For his birthday, he always requested simple little things like light snacks and non-alcoholic drinks. Vik's birthdays typically consisted of a day of relaxing, the seven laying around and genuinely talking to each other. Tobi loved the younger for doing this, and hated himself for not being strong enough to request the same. Instead, Tobi always asked for the alcohol and the crazy parties, like the other boys wanted.

This year was different, however. Vik had decided he was tired of seeing Tobi suffer on his own birthday. If Tobi didn't want a party, he shouldn't have a party. It seemed so simple to Vik, since the others had expected it of Vik from the beginning. No one expected it from Tobi. The other five Sidemen had all fallen victim to Tobi's faked smiles and joy; they all believed he really enjoyed parties. Not Vik. And Vik had decided that he would allow it no more.

When Tobi was asked in the group chat about what he wanted for his birthday, he gave the same answers as usual: get whatever snacks they would want, whatever boozes they would want, whatever people they would want. Vik interjected, however.

"Oh, but don't you have a preference Tobi? You usually don't drink what the boys buy." Tobi's eyes looked over the message anxiously, not liking that Vik was pushing him. What was he doing?

"Nah, all good w/ whatevr. How would u kno anyway, u r never there." Tobi knew his reply was cruel; he didn't want to throw Vik under the bus. He desperately needed Vik to stop pushing it. The boys all started to question the words, but Vik seemed to ignore the others.

"Well, your lack of a hangover and the fact you told me you don't drink at the parties gives it away. :)" Tobi couldn't help but begin shaking at the message. What was Vik trying to pull? Tobi didn't like this, so he typed back hurriedly with shaking fingers.

"Well at least I'm staying with the boys to help them rather than running off and returning in the morning." Tobi hated what he was doing. He hated hurting any of the boys. But he had to shut Vik up, somehow.

"At least I'm making sure I enjoy myself. You do whatever Tobes, it's not my problem." Tobi shook violently now, trying to compose himself. He hated this. The boys were all asking questions, and it was all too much for the anxious boy.

"Just do whatever the fuck you want for my birthday. I'll be there and play my part." With that final message, Tobi locked his screen and threw his phone onto his bed. The device bounced close to the edge of the mattress, before finding its home two inches from sliding off. Tobi held his head down on his desk, and he felt like crying. Why couldn't Vik just understand that he didn't care what the other boys did, so long as they were happy? Tobi ignored the obnoxious noises blaring from his cellphone, signaling missed calls and texts. When his computer lit up with a Skype notification, Tobi finally lifted his head. They were Skyping him too? Tobi clicked ignore, turning his Skype to Do Not Disturb. He then set his mind to editing his recent videos. He hoped he could get a little ahead, just enough so he could take the day before his birthday off to. Something told the boy that this year's birthday would be way too stressful and messy for him to handle.

Meanwhile, back in their group chat, the other Sidemen were really confused and semi-panicked. They had no idea what had just happened, and now Tobi wouldn't answer them. Vik was being so pissy about it too, only ever saying "it's not my problem anymore". Eventually Josh became so worried for his best friend's state that he marched through to Vik's room. Josh flung open the door, Vik jumping at his door being opened.

"Josh, what the fu-" Before Vik could complete his words, Josh was in front of Vik's chair menacingly.

"You tell me what the fuck is wrong with both you and Tobi or I will make you tell me." Knowing what Vik would say next, Josh pulled out his phone. He flashed to Vik their text messages, making the shorter boy gulp. Blackmail. He really didn't want any of that getting out.

"Fine. Tobi and I don't like parties. I do the smart thing and head out for the night, usually going to a friend's house or a hotel and spend the night there. Tobi, instead, sit his ass against a wall in the house and waits for everyone to pass out. Once you do, he drags you all to beds or somewhere more comfortable and cleans the house. It's his choice to do that, but I don't think it's right that he should do it on his birthday." Josh stood for a few minutes, staring at Vik with a confused look. Vik kept quiet, having learned this to be Josh's thinking pose. Eventually Josh slaps his hand to his face, his eyes turning to ones of shock.

"How fucking stupid are we?! We have how many parties- at least three in a quiet month- and we never noticed?! What kind of friends are we?! Not only about the fact that Tobi hates them, but you run off every time?! How do you even afford that?! Wait, that's not the problem right now. How did you never tell us?!" Vik stared blankly as Josh rambled, waiting until he was done to react. Vik smiled grimly at Josh, tilting his head to the side.

"You're always too drunk to care. I figured it didn't made a difference." Josh did not seemed please with Vik's words, and went to begin yelling again. However, Simon interrupted before he could.

"Josh, screaming at Vik isn't going to fix the problem. I really don't want to be the adult in this situation, so you've gotta get over the anger and come up with a solution." The blond leant his body against the door frame, his tall figure taking up most of the door.

"Alright. While I come up with ideas to fix this, you need to inform the rest of the guys about this." Josh's composure relaxed slightly, but his tone towards Vik was akin to scolding. His finger pointed towards the younger boy, who nodded carefully. Then the oldest of the group turned to Simon. "You, blondie, are going to help me. You're usually better with the creative touches to the plans." Simon smiled lightly at Josh's words, knowing he was simply making an excuse. Josh preferred to have the blond's company while planning. Simon never really pushed for the real reason, seeing as he didn't mind. He got to sit there, kicking his feet against the side of Josh's bed while the older thought. Simon would occasionally speak up, voicing where he saw flaws.

"Alright Daddy. Let's go." Josh was about to comment against the nickname, but decided it wasn't worth the energy and shrugged. He walked out the door, Simon moving to let him through. The blond then winked to Vik before closing the youngest's door once more. This was going to be a mess.

Tobi's party arrived sooner than anyone was ready for. Josh's plan was in full swing, and he desperately hoped Tobi would appreciate it. His friend of so long needed something nicer for his birthday, and Josh wished this was it. The others were begging this would work too, since Tobi had been successfully avoiding them since that day in the group chat.

When the boy arrived to the Sidemen house wearing one of his many Snapbacks upon his head, he was surprised by the lack of cars. They said 7 pm, did they want him here early? The boy knocked carefully on the door, his thoughts racing in his head. The door was opened by Vik, the shorter smirking up at Tobi. The older began to feel anxious at the look, raising an eyebrow to question the boy. 

"You can thank me after." Vik's words only confused Tobi further. As the door to the house opened, however, it became clear what Vik had meant.

There was no party.

Instead, Tobi was greeted by a smiling Josh, hugging him immediately. He said a quick happy birthday before motioning Tobi toward the kitchen. Tobi hesitantly followed, absolutely lost as to what was happening. Why hadn't they just thrown the party? Inside the kitchen, the boys had set out bowls of snacks of all kinds along the island, some sodas adorning the counter top. Tobi glanced over the food questioningly. Simon was busying himself around with the food when the pair entered, stopping as soon as he noticed Tobi. The blond stopped his task and walked over to Tobi, hugging the younger boy.

"Happy Birthday Tobes! I hope there's something here you'll like. I tried my best." Simon released the boy and moved towards the bowls. He began to move them into the Living Room, calling out to the others on his way. "Tobi's here! Get down here!" Tobi listened as feet came pounding down the steps, JJ being the first into the kitchen. He hugged Tobi tightly, lifting him up slightly. Tobi anxiously shoved JJ's shoulder, the younger putting him down. JJ said his happy birthday before moving to help Simon out. Ethan was the next up for birthday wishes, keeping his hug simplier than JJ's. Harry followed next, patting Tobi's sholder rather than giving him a hug. Tobi was still dazed by the whole situation, staring blankly at Josh's retreating figure, holding two bottles of soda in his hands. He payed no mind to Tobi's still figure, knowing the last Sidemen would take care of it. Tobi was knocked out of his stare by a small hand patting his back. He spun to see Vik smiling brightly. 

"Did you plan all this or?" Tobi asked the shortest, watching him carefully. Vik shrugged, his smirk dropping into a lip bite.

"I didn't plan it, but I encouraged it."

"Why?"

"Well, the encouragement to not throw a big party may have been for slightly selfish reasons." Tobi glanced to the younger, signalling for him to continue. "I wanted to avoid the obvious 'big party, drunk people, confessions, kiss' sequence for this {AN- ;). Sorry, I needed to add some sarcasm to this}. I figured this would make it more memorable." Tobi went to ask what he was talking about, but his words were stopped. It took Tobi a few moments to realize what was happening.

Vik was kissing him.

Tobi kissed back, appreciating the feeling of lips on his own. When they broke apart, both boys panted slightly, joy in their eyes.

"Oh, yeah. I know you said to thank you later, but thanks. And if you're lucky, I'll give you more thanks later." Vik giggled happily, smiling at Tobi. 

"Happy Birthday Tobi." Now Tobi wished he had been doing this for all his birthdays.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

86.9K 1.1K 78
Oneshots about Sidemen and friends. Taking requests! Disclaimer: This is simply fiction and in no way a portrayal of their real lives. Any and all re...
103K 383 22
*edited* sidemen imagines + smut <3 just to let you all know, i put warnings at the beginning of every chapter so if you get triggered by these thing...
4.5K 52 8
sidemen oneshots, mostly harry centric
1.1M 15.9K 200
If you love the Sidemen like me then you'll be sure to enjoy these preferences! I will also take requests but write with (Y/N) so the reader can fee...