When love and hate collide. (...

By MerrieAnneEnriquez

Hanji Zoe, a woman in her mid twenties, was sure handles problems like it was nothing. until, she met Levi A... More

Chapter 1 -The Pretty Reckless-
Chapter 2: The Perfectionist
Chapter 3: My Ultimate Disaster
Chapter 4: Unintentionally knowing her
Chapter 5: Haunted Pasts
Chapter 6: Broken Things
Chapter 7: Friend of Mine
Chapter 8: I'm Glad
Chapter 9: Unexpected Feelings
Chapter 10: A Sudden Visitor
Chapter 11: Long lost Best Friend.
Chapter 12: Psychotic Comrades
Chapter 13: Ease our burden, Long is the night.
Chapter 14: She's Mine
Chapter 15: Fight for Love
Chapter 16: It's the thought that counts
Chapter 17: So ist es immer
Chapter 18: Getting to know each other
Chapter 19: New World Awaits
Author's Note :)
Chapter 20: Surrender your Heart.
Chapter 21: Preparations
Chapter 22: Trouble Maker
Chapter 23: Vogel im Kafig
Chapter 24: Victims of Love
Chapter 25: Hold On
Chapter 27: The Journey
Chapter 28: A Walk to change your Life.
Chapter 29: Perfectly Perfect
Chapter 30: Little Levi
Epilogue: The Ackermans
Levihan Sequel Book release

Chapter 26: Set you free

1.1K 39 11
By MerrieAnneEnriquez

--Time Skip in the Morning of 8:00 AM--

Levi after a while of thinking and crying went to Dr. Jaeger's hospital desk and approached him.

"Dr. Jaeger?"

"Oh. its you Levi, what can I do for you? Have you seen some observations on Hanji?"

"Nothing, but.. I want to .. remove Hanji's life support."

As soon as Grisha heard what Levi said, he quickly stood up and held Levi on his shoulders. "What?! Levi, are you out of your mind!? No we cannot remove it! Thats the only equipment Hanji needs to stay alive!"

Levi just looked down with his bloodshot eyes and said "I know, but I thought about it.. Grisha, please, I cant take seeing Hanji in pain anymore. Seeing her unconcious and her face.. her face that keeps on struggling, it hurts me so much.." Levi started sobbin as he continued "Grisha.. It hurts so much seeing her in that way, I want.. No.. I have to set her free. You know that Grisha, Hanji is in a lot of pain."

Grisha then looked at the crying Levi with symphaty and pity on his eyes. He knew that they are just depending on miracles if Hanji would still wake up or not.

"Fine.. I'm sorry Levi.." Grisha whispered.

"But, before you do that. I want to finish something."

"What is it.."

"Something that me and Hanji should have done, get your suit Mr. Jaeger."

"L-levi No.. you'll just making yourself suf--"

"No.. I'll never find anyone like Hanji. I'll keep my vows, I'm sure Hanji will do the same if she could speak for herself."

"Okay.."

"Call Carla, tell her that I need her to look for Hanji for a while. and your son, tell him that call he should call Hanji's students and gather here, bring their suits."

"I got it. Levi" Grisha then took his phone as Levi walked away and got his car keys into his pockets. on his way home..

--Time Skip--

Levi drove for about an hour on his way home, as he got in. he went into his dresser and got his tuxedo suit with a blue necktie and long back dark leather coat. Then he grabbed his phone to call Eld's.

*ring..*

"Hello, Levi. how are you?"

"Eld. tell our friends, they need to gather up in the hospital.."

"Why? IS there something wrong Levi?"

"Hanji.."

"What about her Levi? What happened?"

"She.. Shes not waking up.."

"What?! No Levi.. you sho-"

"Eld, listen.. I'll just have to continue the wedding, As long as Hanji is still breathing"

Eld sighed as what Levi said.. "Okay, I'll tell them.."

"Thanks. Bye"

Levi hung up, and did the same call to Nanaba, and for a moment, he throw himself into the bed and stare at the ceiling, he sighed as tears went pouring down on his boring eyes. after a while, he grabbed Hanji's notebook on the bedside table and her pen. Levi lied to his stomach as he started writing his wedding vows. It was a moment after he finished and scanned everything down when he realized that the paper was nearly torned off with his tears and the ink blotted away. he started re writing it. he soon got up from the bed, and changed his clothes into the suit he was looking a while ago. He never imagined that his wedding will be this much painful. knowing that tomorrow, all he could see is Hanji. lifeless.. He wiped the remaining tears on his eyes and drove back to the hospital.

----

"This is the saddest wedding I have ever been into" The blonde small girl said as she looked down on her feet.

"Me too. despite the fact that there will be no food involve, we will now lose one amazing teacher" Sasha said.

"Lets just think that she will be in a better place after this" Mikasa replied as she puts her scarf in place.

"I wonder what Mr. Ackerman would feel" Armin added.

"Maybe worse than what were feeling right now" the freckled guy sighed.

Hanji's students are all present wearing a uniformed blue ombre backless cocktail dress for the girls while the boys have the same tuxedo with a white sleeves and a shiny blue ribbon on it, crowding the hospital hallway when Levi's friends arrived, followed by Nanaba and Hanji's co workers after 10 minutes and the Officiant. Although they are all dressed well. What they feel inside is just pure sadness knowing the news about Hanji. Moblit's been crying as soon as he arrived at the hospital.

"Shh. Mobs! Be quiet!" Nifa whispered as Moblit sobs.

"But.. But Hanji-san will be gone now!!" 

Nifa wiped the tears in Moblit's eyes as she said " I know.. It hurts too. But do you think Hanji would be happy if she sees you like that? Stop now okay?"

"O-okay."

Then Grisha stated as he brushed his tux "Okay guys, before Levi would arrive I want all of you to please be with your assigned partners and go to the position where you should be..

Then all the people shuffled to their partners and formed a line near the hallway. The hallway will be there aisle now.

"Where is Levi?" Eld asked Gunther who is on the back as he glanced at his watch.

"I'm here" Levi then brushed his hair as he approached them, Everybody took a glance at him as he looked so pale and his eyes were swelling from the unending tears that escapes his eyes.

"Okay, lets just start" Levi said. being the last in the line.

The guests now started walking through the hallway up to Hanji's room. First in line were the students Mikasa partnered with Eren, Sasha with Connie, Ymir with Historia, Bert with Annie, while Armin tooks pictures and video. Next in line were Nanaba partnered with Mike, Nifa with Moblit, Rico and Ian, Last line would be Levi's squad Eld with her wife Grace, Gunther and her girlfriend, Oluo and Petra. and at Last. it's Levi.

As soon as all the guests are inside Hanji's room which is quite big enough for them to  be there, Levi walked beside Hanji's bed as the officiant started it.

Levi held Hanji's hand as he took a glance at the guests whom their faces are all coated with sadness.

"Family and Friends of the Groom Mr. Levi Ackerman and the Bride Ms. Hanji Zoe-- Good Morning. We are all gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, and to cherish the words which shall unite Mr. Ackerman, and Ms. Zoe in marriage.

Marriage is the promise between two people who love each other, and who trust that love, who honor each other as individuals and who chose to spend the rest of their lives together.----"

As LEvi listens to the officiant, he looked at Hanji who is still unconcious, though her wounds and bruises healed off, she still had her bandage on her head. Levi loved the beautiful face he was staring at and for a while, he remembered all of their memories and their moments together. and he is afraid that he wont see it again anymore. But then he was cut by the trance he was in when the officant called his name.

"Mr. Levi.. Mr. Levi.."

"Yes what?"

"You have to say your vows" he whispered.

"Oh. okay"

Levi took a piece of paper in his coat pockets as he unfolded it and started reading it. As the slow music turned on.

"Dear Four eyes:

I wrote a shitty poem just for you because I know you loved them. so... -Levi started reading the vows.

Sitting on a dark corner, I was all blue and plain.

Then you came, and I did not know then.

You'd color my life all of a sudden...

I dont want to love anymore,

Cause I believed that theres nothing on me to be loved for.

But you came, and I did not know then..

you'd color my life all of a sudden...

I got all my sketches black and white,

Then you handed me colors that shined so bright.

So you came, I did not know then.

You'd color my life all of a sudden...

All my life, it's been raining.

Not knowing you'll later be showing,

You became my rainbow then,

And color my life all of a sudden..."

The crowd went in tears as they looked at Levi who is also crying right now as he still continued his vows.

"It was several months back then when you bumped your face  into me in the most annoying way as possible.. But later then I realized.. that, that face .. that beautiful face of yours is the face I want to see every single day of my life. Sometimes I asked myself.. 'What is the secret to a long lasting love?' But then. I found you.. and I didn't knew that I'll find the answer to that question.. It was just simply.. loving you, and telling you I love you every waking day of my life. even in the last dying breath i'll ever have. Hanji.. I will always love you.. every inch of you..

Always remember this..

You are the greatest thing that ever happened to me, and that will never be changed.. until my dying day..

 Levi wiped his tears as he got a box that contains two wedding rings. Levi glanced at the people around him and saw that they are all already in tears..

 "I, Levi Ackerman, take you, Hanji Zoe, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health...

until death do us part."

 as Levi took the ring and put it in Hanji's ring finger, he continued "With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

The Officiant then said "You have declared your consent before the law and God. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings. What God has joined, men must not divide. Amen."

"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife.. You may now kiss the bride"

As soon as the Officiant said it. Levi clenched his throat and gave Hanji a smile He slowly leaned his face on Hanji's pale beautiful face, before he kissed her, he examined her face. Because after this he won't be able to see her face again. 

"Everything will be alright Hanji." Levi's eyes escaped a tear and closed his eyes as he felt his warm lips touch into Hanji's cold ones.

"Th-This is soo heartbreaking" Sasha said as she wiped her tears.

"I never imagined how painful this was" Armin replied as he looks at the videocam.

After a several seconds, Levi opened his eyes and broke the kiss as he turn around. Levi looked at Grisha and he nodded.

"Do it.." LEvi whispered to Grisha as he nodded in reply.

Just as Grisha removed Hanji's oxygen support. The sound of a dead heart can be heard on the ECG heart rate machine. Levi looked down as he let out bulks of tears in his eyes.

"HUUUUUHGGH!!!!!!!!!" *loud gasp!*

Until then everybody heard a loud gasp as if someone was saved from drowning..

"L-Levi!" Grisha shouted.

Levi turned around and what he saw made his eyes widened. It was Hanji panting and gasping for air as if she had a bad dream. Levi quickly went beside Hanji.

"H-hanji!" Levi still stared at her wide eyed as if he saw a person coming back from the dead.

Hanji looked at everyone wondering why they are all here and back to Levi..

"Levi..What.. What is going on?"

"H-hanji...." Levi was about to sob as he pulled Hanji and hugged her. HE started weeping.

"Hanji!!" Levi just hugged Hanji tighter as he weeps.

"L-levi.. its okay.." Hanji carresed Levi's back.

"I.. I thought.. I thought you'll never wake up!!!" Levi looked at Hanji with tears in his eyes.

"I.. I don't know what's going on.. but I'm here Levi. Don't cry.." Hanji hugged Levi.

Then Grisha interrupted. still shocked from what is going on.

"Miss Zoe. What do you  last remember?"

Marco adjusted the hospital bed to make Hanji in a sitting position as Hanji carefully adjusted herself.

"Well. All I remember is that I was helping Levi fight Erwin. Then I chopped his arm off with a sword.. and then he lost to Levi. And then when were about to head home. I felt a sharp pain in my chest as if I was sho--- Oh my god!!!"

Hanji looked down on her chest to see the bandaged part of it with blood marks.

"I was shot?!" Hanji looked wide eyed to Levi.. "Then what?! And why are you all dressed like.. like that??"

Grisha sighed as he started explaining "Hanji.. you've been in a coma for about 2 weeks. Honestly we thought we lost you, but when I was doing the operation, there was a thing that sent stem cells on your body. And that made you alive."

Hanji caressed her hair as she try to cope up with all the stories Grisha is saying.

"But. It's not possible that my stem cells can regenerate naturally unless I am.. pregnant..?"

Levi smiled at Hanji and held her hand.. Levi's smile is enough for Hanji to realize that she is really pregnant, but she wanted to hear it..

"Am I.. pregnant?" a tear of joy escaped her eye as she looked at Levi.

"Yes Four Eyes. You are" Levi gave her a gentle smile.

The students started screaming in a whisper form as they ask the same thing.

"Miss Hanji is pregnant???!!" Eren asked Mikasa.

"Oh my god.. Is this really happening?! Miss Hanji.. has a baby?" Connie asked Sasha.

"Well.. Nice job for Mr. Ackerman.. he did well in putting the baby 'in'" Reiner smirked but then Annie elbowed him.

"Would you shut up Reiner.." Annie glared daggers at the blonde boy.

"Aw..sorry"

Hanji cupped her mouth as she started crying with tears of joy and Levi hugged and caressed her hair. "Please do not leave me again Shitty Glasses"

"It was a miracle that you survived Miss. Zoe" Grisha added.

"Really? Thank God.." Hanji exhaled as she return the hug to Levi which is now looking like a baby clinging to Hanji.

"Don't ever leave me again Hanji, If you die, I will kill you Shitty glasses!" Levi gave Hanji a joking glare as she laughed and once again looked at the people around her, she noticed they were all present.

"But. I am still not getting any idea why you are all here and dressed like that?"

Levi looked at the crowd and back to Hanji. "You see Four Eyes, Dr. Grisha and I had concluded that you might not wake up, with the baby.. then, seeing you suffer everyday in this room really hurts me. I decided not to prolong your agony by removing your life support and just let you rest.." Levi looked down "I am sorry Hanji. I just can't—"

Levi was interrupted when Hanji kissed him. The kiss was warm unlike a while ago, Levi loved the feeling knowing that this signifies that she is alive and well.

"It's okay Levi. I know.. I love you"

Then Levi continued "Then, back to the story. I decided that I should keep my promise whatever happens to you. That is to fulfill my vows. To be your husband. So I called them all *looks at the guests and smiles back* to continue the wedding, that is why they are all here and dressed like that..

Then Hanji glared at Levi "You let the wedding continue without my gown huh?!" she joked.

Levi rubbed the back of his neck and everyone went laughing. Apparently Moblit is crying but now it is tears of joy.

"I'll let you fit any wedding gown this time Hanji, and I'll buy any wedding shoes you like" Levi caressed Hanji's face.

"You better be. Hah!" Hanji smiled and lightly punched Levi in the arm.

"Let's do this.." Levi whispered.

"Yeah." Hanji smiled and the two shared a true love's kiss.

Authors Note:

Hooray! I dont know but I am quite happy with this one.. also Im afraid to tell you guys that were getting near the end of this story . but right now I am writing another fanfiction (AOT ships) also but I am doing it in a 'sequel' kind of way. It is like a continuation of this story but different characters this time. Do you get it? haha . Well, let me know who do you want to be the main characters on my next fanfiction, but I suggest my own ships :)

Jean and Marco

Ymir and Historia / Reiner and Historia

Connie and Sasha (i think ill pick this one, but let me know other suggestions :)

Eren and Mikasa

Bertoldt and Annie

Thats it :) anyway.. enjoy reading!! lovelots!

-Anne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 13.4K 39
Levi Ackerman; humanity's finest, in more ways than just a soldier. Petra Ral has a massive crush on Levi Ackerman, and all her friends agree that th...
88.5K 2K 11
When Levi takes a particular disliking to a new Cadet... What could be his reason? Book 2 now out - "Dont you want me?"
157K 6.8K 22
Meet Levi Ackerman, a man in his mid-thirties who's too short to reach the top shelf. He always believed that his future would never stray from his c...
59K 1.7K 32
hanji Zoe was married to erwin Smith it all changed when hanji got pregnant and had there first non-identical twins Eren and Armin....Erwin has been...