Matt's Story [COMPLETED]

Por AlexTom123

Matt just wanted to be left alone. He hated everyone and everything and his life consisted of the same routin... Mais

Vampire Crush
Chapter 1 - Matt
Chapter 2 - History Class with Kristen Ambrosine
Chapter 3 - Canteen Moments
Chapter 4 - Midnight Changes
Chapter 5 - The Morning After
Chapter 6 - People Just Never Learn
Chapter 7 - Waiting Around for Nothing
Chapter 8 - Breakfast with Kristen Gone Terribly Wrong
Chapter 9 - Almost...Almost...Nah Got You Again!
Chapter 10 - Oh Gareth.
Chapter 11 - Eavesdropping on Chubbs
Chapter 12 - On the Look Out
Chapter 13 - Attacking Silver Objects
Chapter 14 - "Wolf"
Chapter 15 - Broken Fingers and Wet Lips
Chapter 16 - Weekend Searches
Chapter 17 - Shopping with Matt
Chapter 18 - If Only Time Could Turn Back The Clock
Chapter 19 - White Lips, Pale Face, Breathing in Snowflakes
Chapter 20 - The Second Attack and A Confession from Beyond
Chapter 21 - The Confession
Chapter 22 - Matt's Story
Chapter 23 - Awkward Encounters
Chapter 24 - The Picture
Chapter 26 - Classroom Banter
Chapter 27 - Aaron, and Kristen's Story
Chapter 28 - Fight, Fight, Fight!
Chapter 29 - Beginning to Trust Again
Chapter 30 - Water
Chapter 31 - It Was Like Lightning
Chapter 32 - Darkness, Blackness, Silence
Chapter 33 - The Cinema Trip
Chapter 34 - What Next...?

Chapter 25 - Letting Go

356 29 5
Por AlexTom123

Okay so I can't sleep... Going to update again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once they got back to Matt's house, Matt immediately went to the kitchen and poured a glass of water for each of them. Kristen looked worse for wear, but it was expected, he guessed. After all, she probably hadn't slept very well and she'd looked drained even before the incident after college. Now she just looked exhausted.

Matt hated to admit it, but he was worried. She looked sick. He didn't want her to get sick. He wasn't that cruel. In fact, he cared for her quite a bit, more than he seemed to let on. He didn't want to ask though incase she wasn't comfortable talking about whatever was wrong.

Did she know that something was wrong?

Maybe it was a symptom to that sleep thing which she had. It made sense in a way. He couldn't imagine having to fight to stay alive whilst you slept. It had to be draining in itself. No wonder she didn't sleep much.

He carried the glasses back into the living room and his stomach clenched as he saw Kristen on the sofa holding the picture frame of his family. She looked up when he came in and gave him a sad smile as she thanked him and put the frame on the table. 

Matt sat down beside her, his heart trying to relax. It was still quite quick after his little episode and, with Kristen close by, he still wasn't completely relaxed. He wasn't even sure why she was still there after seeing all of that.

Matt turned to her and studied her face. Her cheek bones protruded from her skin and her lips were even redder than before. Her eyes were shadowed and dark both above and below, though they were still startlingly beautiful even when she looked tired.

He snapped his head away before he could study her any more.

Kristen moved her hand to his knee and he heard her swallow gently. He knew she was going to talk even before she opened her mouth. "Are you alright?"

Matt eyed her hand but didn't turn towards her again, sipping his drink and placing it as lightly as he could on the table. Even then, it sounded more forced than he wanted it to be. "I should be asking you that." He murmured. 

"Why?"

Matt looked at her from the corner of his eye and saw that she had a small frown on her face. "I could have killed you today but you never left me."

"Why would I leave you? You needed me." She shuffled closer and thumbed his knee gently. Matt licked his lips as tingles went down his leg. 

"I was turning and you put yourself in danger. Why?"

Kristen paused for a moment and Matt only just caught her words when she said them. "You wouldn't have hurt me."

"What would you have done?" Matt put his hand over hers and gripped her fingers tightly, causing her to wince. He stared at her. "Im not even trying and I'm hurting you now. If I had turned I would have had no control. I would have killed you. It was stupid of you to stay with me."

"But I did and you're fine." She wriggled her fingers in his palm and Matt reluctantly pulled away. "I was scared but only for you, not myself."

"That's very stupid."

Kristen frowned and pulled back slightly. "If I had left then you would have turned. You didn't because I was there and I distracted you. There's no point arguing about it now. What happened happened so just accept that I was there." She tossed her hair and raspberries hit Matt flat into his face. He wheeled back slightly against the sofa but shuffled his legs slightly to try and hide his reaction.

It worked.

"Anyway," She continued as she pulled a strand of hair in front of her shoulder, "You were fine with me being there afterwards."

Matt frowned and turned his head away, his face going hot. He knew he'd regret holding her in that way. She was going to throw it in his face again. Yes, he'd been stupid and selfish to hold her like that, but he had been vulnerable and she had been there. He'd been truly grateful for her help and he'd acted on instinct. 

He didn't want her to ruin it. 

She didn't though. Instead, she danced her fingers on his elbow and moved them down to his palms until she threaded her fingers through his. He automatically clenched and squeezed her hand. "I'm glad I helped you." She murmured as she stroked Matt's clenched hand with her free one. "I wanted to be there for you when you needed me to show you that everything was okay. You're not a monster, Matt. You're a very brave strong person. I admire that." 

Icy sparks flew up Matt's fingers but instead of letting go this time he gripped tighter. Surprisingly, his strength was met with hers. She stared at her wide eyed as she smiled sadly at him, her hip leaning against his. Her shoulders brushed his arm and a visible shiver went up his spine. 

"I want you to accept me, Matt." She whispered and stroked the side of his cheek with the spare hand, keeping her other in his lap. 

He bowed his head but didn't move. "I'm trying." He said honestly, more honestly than he intended. It even shocked him. He untangled his hands and ran his fingers through his hair as he breathed out a sigh. 

Then he thought of something he wasn't even sure he'd ever think about.

"Follow me." He said and stood up from the couch, surprising both of them when he held his hand out for her. She took it quickly and pulled herself up with a gentle squeeze before Matt led them up the stairs. 

As he walked, his heart hammered in his head. He didn't know why he was doing this but somehow it felt right. He knew that he could do this. He had to do this.

He came to the door and put his hand on it, freezing for a moment. It only took Kristen's gentle press of her fingers onto his shoulder and he opened the door carefully.

As usual, it was the way that he'd left it. Toys glittered the shelves and Matt physically relaxed all over as he stepped into the room, guiding Kristen with him. He looked around the walls and his heart felt like it was about to explode. Matt slowly walked towards the bed and sat down on the edge, unable to meet Kristen's eye, suddenly too choked up to even respond. 

"This is Aimee's room, isn't it?" Kristen asked as she stepped carefully in, trying not to touch anything. It made it all the more worth it when he saw how much care she was taking around Aimee's belongings. "It's so pretty." She whispered as she looked at Matt with sparkling eyes.

He kept his head bowed. "I've never shown anyone this room since..." He stopped and stroked his fingers along the quilt, closing his eyes as memories started to fill his thoughts.

The bed dipped beside him and he felt Kristen's fingers stroke his forearm. "You loved her very much, didn't you? You can tell. She was a very lucky child." She said gently as she leaned against his side, drawing shapes against his skin, leaving an icy trail behind. 

"I miss her." Matt said and his throat clogged up. He pressed his head against Kristen's and she gripped the skin on his arm reassuringly. "I can't believe she's gone." He whispered groggily.

He felt Kristen nod slightly. "It's horrible losing someone, especially someone so young and close to your heart." She dusted her fingers across Matt's jaw line and he scrunched his eyes up. "She's watching you. I can feel it. As soon as I entered the room I could feel her."

Matt froze and looked up sharply to stare at Kristen.

He hadn't expected that.

Kristen looked back at him and she smiled slightly. "She was very bubbly, wasn't she? She'd want you to be happy, Matt. She wants you to live again." 

Matt stared at her, too lost for words, watching as Kristen moved her mouth when she talked. He could hardly hear her anymore. He could feel her too.

Aimee.

He could feel her around him, laughing, giggling, smiling like the idiot she was. He could imagine her standing there, pouting, wondering why he looked so sad. She was there, in the room, with them, he knew it. She was there. She was watching over him. Her eyes were probing and playful. She was bouncing like the normal bouncy ball she was. 

Matt smiled.

A true smile.

He smiled so much that he could physically feel his heart pulling together. 

She was okay.

She was happy.

She wanted him to be happy too.

He'd been torturing himself for too long.

He'd literally forgotten that Kristen was there until she'd wrapped her arms around his neck. He sat there for a moment processing before his arms moved of their own accord and wrapped themselves tightly across Kristen's back, making her gasp.

He could feel Aimee giggling, see her pointing and pulling faces, bouncing up and down on the bed, miming kissing motions at him.

He rolled his eyes, even if no one could see it. 

His hands dragged Kristen closer and she curled into his lap, her chest leaning against his. He enjoyed the reactions that he was getting. Kristen was fiddling with his hair and he growled under his breath, pressing his fingers against her spine. He slowly moved his hands up to her neck and under her hair, running through her hair line, causing Kristen to make a small noise as she moved her head back into his hand.

He froze, causing Kristen to freeze also, as he thought about what he was doing.

He'd sworn not to get close to her. He'd sworn not to fall for her. He didn't want to lose anyone else yet here he was, pulling her closer like he couldn't help himself.

She dug her fingers into his scalp and pulled her head closer to his so that they leaned on each other. She breathed gently out, like she was blowing on a dandelion and it tickled his nose. "Matt, what's wrong?"

He scrunched his eyes up and tried to calm his heart. It was ridiculous how many risks he was taking.

He looked up and could feel Aimee poking him, urging him to carry on, like the annoying beautiful kid she was. She wanted him to live...

So he was going to.

He stood up instantly and Kristen shrieked before she realised that Matt had pulled her up too so that she could stand. "Not here." He breathed and gave her a knowing look before he pulled Kristen out of the room, carefully closing the door behind him.

Kristen looked at him, puzzled. "Matt...?"

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked as he pulled her down the corridor, facing in her direction, gripping her hand carefully.

"No." She said and a smile played on her lips.

He smirked. "Are you sure?"

"What are you doing?" She grinned and hopped slightly as Matt reached a door and opened it.

His room.

"Matt?" She asked through a smile as he closed the door behind him. 

"This is why you should be scared of me." He grinned darkly.

He rushed at her full force, taking her by surprise as he picked her up and threw her onto the bed, landing on top of her with such speed that she gasped and made a tiny squeak. She wriggled as he jumped on her and pinned her down, pulling her arms above her head so that she was exposed.

He could feel the hungry look in his eyes.

However, looking back at him wasn't fear, but desire.

He leaned down and scattered his breath across her face. "What are you thinking?" He asked.

She swallowed and looked down at his neck and collar bones before looking back up into his eyes with a playful glint. "I'm thinking that you're one hell of a werewolf."

Matt chuckled and swiped his nose across hers. "In a good way?"

"Damn right." She whispered and bit her lip.

That was it.

He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers, softly inviting her to react. As expected, he felt her push back and he smiled, moulding himself to hers like he was made to match her shape. He let go of her arms and twisted her over so that she was lying on top of him as he brushed her hair to one side. She pressed deeper and he licked her bottom lip, causing her to make a small noise as he tickled her tongue with his own, dragging his hands up her sides.

She put her hand on his neck as she kissed him and pulled him upwards, allowing him to scratch down her back, her mouth opening in shock. He took this moment to kiss along her jaw and across her neck, down to her collar bones and back up again, trailing his tongue behind him.

He could feel her twitching above him as she dotted her lips across his cheek and along the edge of his face. 

He nibbled the skin on the nook of her neck as he sat up, allowing her to sit in his lap with her legs around him. She tensed her thighs as she claimed his mouth again, pressing his head closer.

He was about to deepen the kiss again when he tasted blood. He pulled away, worried that he'd hurt her, until he realised that it was him who was bleeding. He only had to look up to know why.

Kristen had blood on her lips, her mouth slightly open, still not fully aware of what she looked like.

Well that was clearly obvious because her canines were extended to balance on her bottom lip.

Matt's eyes widened as he stared at her, too shocked to process what was staring at him in the face.

Kristen, coming out of her daze, frowned and looked at Matt questioningly before staring at the blood on his lip. She licked her own and suddenly realised.

She jumped off of Matt and stood up straight, covering her mouth. "Um...sorry."

"What?" Matt ground his teeth together and glared, wiping the blood from his mouth. "Sorry that you bit me? Or sorry that you're a bloody vampire?!" He hissed, throwing himself off the bed to stand next to her. 

Kristen cringed.

Matt didn't care. He was too angry. It all made sense. The smoke, her appearance, her behaviour, everything. "You always knew what I was, didn't you?" He snarled and stepped towards her, causing her to back up against the wall. "You've known all along. You've been playing me!"

"Matt please..." She held out her hand hesitantly but he swatted it away as if it was filth. 

"Don't touch me! It was you who killed those people, wasn't it?! It was you! I had my suspicions. I knew there was something odd about you but I chose to ignore it. You knew all along and you played me!" He grabbed the nearest thing - a lamp - and threw it against her head, causing her to flinch and cover her face. "I let you in! I let you into my house! I saved you!"

"I was going to tell you!" She sobbed, though no tears fell from her eyes.

It all made so much sense that he wanted to hit himself for not seeing it sooner. Illness my arse. She was hungry. That's why she looked drained lately. There'd been no murders for the past few days because she'd been with him.

"You were never going to tell me! I told you things! I showed you who I was...Matt's expression hardened into fury as he snarled so viciously that Kristen's eyes almost popped out of her head in fright. "We just made out and you tell me now that you were going to spill the beans?! You had no intention of telling me a damn thing, Kristen! I showed you Aimee's room!!"

He had to calm down but he couldn't help it. He was so livid that there was no going back.

"Please, Matt, let me explain..." She whispered but Matt cut her off, slamming his hands against her head so hard that it cracked the wall.

"Get out." He shook.

"But..."

Too late.

Matt ripped through his skin, almost without a warning, splattering the walls of his room with blood and skin, hair sprouting from all over his body. He snarled as his clothes glittered to the floor in fragments. He hadn't even felt it.

Kristen screamed but Matt had had enough. He attacked her, his jaw outstretched and open as he pushed her to the floor and bit her leg, tearing at the marble flesh.

An agonising wail came from Kristen's lips as she kicked him in the face. Matt shook his nout and roared as he tried to attack again, only to be met by grey smoke. He backed up and sneezed as he looked around. She was stood near the doorway, ready to leave, her eyes glistening.

"Matt please just listen to me!"

Matt, unable to listen to her lying tongue much longer, howled up at the ceiling before he snarled and pounced again.

This time, though, Kristen ran.

Matt could only rip his room apart before going after her, dragging a cow with him as he bounded through the fields and out of sight of the public.

He was never going to trust anyone ever again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the past few chapters have been a bit boring but they needed to develop their relationship before it got to this point so it's taken a while!

Hope you enjoyed it! I'm now off to bed!

Please comment, share or like ! :D <3

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

189 21 14
Being the new girl in a new town is hard enough, but for Brayden Hayward it's damn near impossible. Especially when Ashton Philips, the king of the s...
58.6K 3.1K 28
In the barren arctic, a white wolf journeys alone across the tundra. All his life he has dreamed of the strange creatures called humans that dwell fa...
230K 10.2K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
2.6K 69 11
Although orphaned at an early age, caused so much trouble for anyone who knew her, and was always moving onto the next place not caring about who she...