My Crazy Life (Lab Rats)

By Writing_Babe

When Alex Martin meets the Davenport siblings, she doesn't think her life could get any crazier. What happens... More

My Crazy Life
Leo's Jam
Rats on a Train
Exoskeleton vs. Grandma
Bionic Birthday Fail
Death Spiral Smackdown
Back To The Future
Chip Switch and Nightmares
Drone Alone
Dude, Where's My Lab?
Mission Invisible and The Truth is Out
Mission: Space
New Book

Night Of The Living Virus

9.5K 202 77
By Writing_Babe

I was in my room, doing some homework so I wouldn't have to do it later. It was Friday and I didn't feel like spending my weekend doing homework when I could be hanging out with my friends and boyfriend. But the only problem with this weekend was the fact that Bree was having a sleepover.

Now normally I wouldn't mind sleepovers, but the fact that Bree was having one with the popular girls at school made me cringe. I told Bree that I would be either in my room or the lab while she was having the sleepover because I didn't want any part of it.

The only thing that sucks is I have sneak around when I leave my room. No one knows I live with the Davenports because if they found out I was adopted by them, they would think it's weird that I'm dating Chase, who's my adopted brother.

After I finished my homework, I went downstairs. When I entered the living room, Adam, Chase, and Leo were playing video games and Bree had just walked in. Davenport and Tasha were in the kitchen, talking about who knows what.

"Hey! I thought I told you guys to get lost?" Bree questioned, putting her hands on her hips. I chuckled as I took a seat at the kitchen island. "The coolest girls in school are coming for a sleepover and I don't want this place smelling like feet and pickles." She continued.

Adam then lifted up his arm and smelled himself. "No, not me. I'm armpits and onions."

"Gross." I mumbled.

"Hey! Why does she get to have a party?" Chase asked.

"Because she needs to socialize more with girls so she'll stop challenging random strangers to loogie contests." Tasha said, cringing when she mentioned the loogie contest.

"Aw, but she's the champ." Adam defended.

"She has had some epic hang times." Chase added. What's wrong with these people?

"You gotta work up a green one. They're, uh, meatier."

I gagged. "Bree, stop." I said as I placed a hand on my stomach. "I'm about to puke."

"That's my little princess." Davenport said, then took a sip of his coffee. He then walked away, I'm assuming to go to the lab.

"So, I've watched every slumber party movie ever made." Bree said. "We're gonna have a pillow fight, we're gonna put cucumbers on our eyes, and then we're gonna shave Francesca's legs. Her knees have eyebrows."

I cringed. "That's attractive on a girl."

"I know her." Chase said. "Every time she sits she looks surprised."

My boyfriend's so weird. But you gotta love him.

"I'll be in my room." I said, hopping off the stool.

"Alex, please stay for the sleepover. It won't be fun without my best friend." Bree said, walking over to me. She was looking at me with her puppy dog eyes and she knew I could never say no to her when she did that.

"Fine." I gave in. She squealed and hugged me. "But you owe me big time."

"Done!" She smiled and walked away. Chase smirked and made his way over towards me.

"You want to laugh, don't you?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." I pouted and he pecked my lips. "You know you could've just said no to Bree."

"But what kind of friend would I have been if I said no? You know I hate seeing people upset."

"What about, Leo?"

"Leo doesn't really count. He's used to me acting the way I do."

He laughed. "Well if you want to ditch the sleepover, you can hang out with me and Adam."

"And what are you guys going to be doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He started looking really nervous. "Nothing." He mumbled.

"If I know you guys, and I do, I'd say that you were going to ruin Bree's sleepover." I stared at him, knowing that he wouldn't be able to lie to me.

"Fine! We were planning on pulling a couple of pranks."

"Well, don't. This sleepover means a lot to your sister and if you mess it up, you'll have to face me."

His eyes widened. "Should I be scared?"

I shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." I mocked him from before.

About three hours passed and it was time for Bree's sleepover. Was I looking forward to it? Absolutely not. Will I suck it up because she's my best friend and sister? Yes.

The bell rang, signaling the guests. "Oh my gosh! They're here!" Bree looked down at herself. "I hate my outfit!" She super speeded upstairs and changed her outfit. She came back and looked at herself again. "Worse!" She changed once again and when she came back, she smiled.

"You good?" I asked, chuckling a little.

"Yup!" She grinned and went to open the door. She greeted them but was cut off by Stephanie, the most popular girl in school. I hated that chick.

"Big house, totally huge, insane view. And it looks down at all the renters." She examined. It was taking every fiber of my being not to slap that girl.

The rest of the girls piled in and Bree smiled. "Hi, thanks for coming!" Once everyone was inside, Bree shut the door.

"We were gonna go to Caitlin's, but her house is a dump compared to this." Stephanie commented. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm getting a pool." Caitlin defended.

"In ground or above?" Stephanie questioned.

"Above." Caitlin grinned.

"Oh, nice. An outdoor bathtub. We might as well go to the city pool." What a bitch.

My eyes widened when I saw Bree smack Stephanie in the face with a pillow. As she did that, she yelled, "Pillow fight!"

After Stephanie got over the initial shock, she straightened herself up. "Did you just hit me with that pillow!?"

"Yeah, and you just totally ate that couch." Bree retorted.

"Okay, if you're gonna get all weird, we're gonna pull the drapes."

"Well, if we're not gonna have a pillow fight, what are we gonna do?" Bree asked.

"Duh! We're gonna take pictures of ourselves having fun and send them to the girls we didn't invite."

"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled under my breath. All heads turned towards me and I shrugged. "What?"

Stephanie sent me a nasty look and I sent one right back. "Bree, why the hell is she here?" My jaw clenched and I was trying so hard not to punch her.

"Alex is my best friend." Bree told her.

"But she's a loser. She's probably a daddy's girl."

That's when I felt the tears well up. "Bree, I can't be here." I said and ran to my room. I don't care if they knew I lived here. Stephanie went too far when she mentioned my dad. Sure, she didn't know that I was abused by my father, but that doesn't give her the right to insult me.

I slammed my door shut and jumped on my bed. All the memories of my father abusing me came crashing down and the tears kept spilling out.

"Babe?" I heard Chase's voice from the other side of my door. I got off my bed and walked towards the door. I opened it and I was immediately wrapped in a hug. He shut the door behind him, giving us privacy.

"Bree told me what happened." He whispered. All I could do was nod against his chest.

A few minutes passed and I was able to stop crying. I pulled away from the hug and wiped away any remaining tears.

"Sorry, I got your shirt wet." I apologized.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Don't worry about my shirt." He then got a serious look on his face. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "It's just when she said I was a daddy's girl, all the memories of the abuse came crashing down. I try so hard to forget it and then she walks in and the abuse is all I can think about."

"Believe me, if I could beat the crap out of her, I would. But I can't really hit a girl."

I chuckled. "Does that mean I can?"

"I know you would probably enjoy it, but you would regret if after."

I nodded. "I know." I wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed my lips onto his. After he got over the initial shock, he kissed back. He placed his hands on my hips and brought me closer.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. "I love you."

I smiled. "I love you, too."

"Do you want to head back out there or stay in here?"

"Well, if I stay in here, that means Stephanie wins and that's not gonna happen."

He reached down and intertwined our fingers. "Then let's go." He opened the door and we walked out.

As soon as we walked back into the living room, I was engulfed in a hug by Bree.

"Are you okay?" She asked me as she pulled away.

"I'm better. But keep Stephanie away from me." She nodded and walked back over to the group.

My eyes slightly widened when I saw the front door open. I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"What was that?" Caitlin asked.

"That was the sound of my stupid brothers ruining my life." Bree said.

"Wasn't us." Chase said and Adam nodded in agreement. They were both behind the couch and I didn't even notice that Chase walked away from me.

"We were unloading our ant farm into your sleeping bags." Chase added, laughing. When no one was laughing, he stopped. "I thought it was funny."

Suddenly, all the power went off and a burning skull was appeared where Eddy usual was.

I ran over to Chase. "Is this your prank?"

He looked at me and shook his head. "Definitely not ours."

Adam started screaming and jumped into Chase's arms. The skull started laughing and everyone was screaming except for Chase and me.

"Guys, I'm scared! Let's get out of here!" Caitlin shouted.

"No one cares if you're scared. I'm scared, that's why we're leaving." Stephanie said, running towards the door with the other girls behind her. The door slammed shut, causing the other girls to scream.

"You're not going anywhere. This slumber party has just begun. Can I get a 'what what?'" The burning skull taunted.

All the girls, including Adam, continued to run around the house, screaming at the top of their lungs.

"There's no time to sleep when you're living in a nightmare." The skull said.

"Bree, what is going on?" Stephanie asked.

"Something must be wrong with our smart home system. That or we built our house on the graves of the dead pioneer girls. Either way, let's not let it ruin our fun!"

"Anybody hungry?" The skull asked as it opened the fridge. "Who wants a sandwich?" I don't know how the skull did it, but a bunch of bologna flew out of the fridge and hit Caitlin's face. They then all ran out of the room, except for Adam since Chase held him back.

"Boys and Alex! Go get Leo and Donald and find out what's going on!" Tasha yelled. I shrugged and started walked towards the lab but Chase grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Are you kidding? In a horror movie the first person who leaves the room always gets killed!" Chase pointed out.

"Chase, don't be a baby. You and Adam are bionic and I'm not defenseless so let's go." I started walking but he pulled me back yet again.

"After you, Adam." Chase said, fake smiling at Adam. Adam of course didn't understand what Chase was trying to do and happily went down to the lab. We followed suit.

When we entered the lab, my eyes widened when I saw Davenport stuck in Chase's capsule. Leo was trying to get him out but he was failing miserably.

We all ran over to Davenport and Leo as fast as we could. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Leo implanted a virus in Eddy's mainframe so now we're stuck with Teddy!" Davenport explained, slightly yelling due to the fact that he was trapped in the capsule.

"Dude!" I exclaimed, slapping his arm.

"How are we gonna stop this thing?" Leo asked, rubbing his arm.

"Chase, can't you see if you can remove the virus?" I asked, and pointed to the computer. He nodded and ran to the computer.

There was a bunch of typing followed by, "Oh no! I don't know how to get rid of it!"

"But I know how to get rid of you." Teddy said. I looked at Chase and saw him slowly back away from the computer before sprinting towards us.

"I'll use Davenport's secret laser security system!" Teddy threatened.

"You have to stop inventing things, man!" Leo yelled at Davenport.

"Adam, Chase, you're bionic. The lasers will only stun you." Davenport explained.

"What about Alex and Leo?" Chase asked, giving me a worried look.

"Oh, they'll cut you guys in half." I glared at him and his eyes widened.

"That's just great!" Leo yelled, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"We're never gonna be able to beat this thing. It's a computer." Chase said.

"Wait a minute! It's just like our video game, Mental Chaos!" Leo exclaimed. "If we can dodge his lasers and find his main power source, we can take this thing out!"

"But if it's shooting lasers at us, how are we gonna fight back?" My boyfriend asked.

"Adam has lasers in his eyes." I pointed out.

"And I have a laser deflector." Leo said, grabbing what I assumed was the laser deflector.

"Everyone prepare to be destroyed! In three, two, one!" Teddy warned, firing a laser at us. We all ducked, avoiding the laser.

"Okay, guys, we've got this. I'll be the decoy. You go left. I'll go right." Chase instructed.

"What about me? I'm not about to just sit here and do nothing."

"Alex, these lasers are dangerous. I don't need you getting hurt." Chase said.

"I won't. I can be a distraction like you. Trust me."

"Alright, enough with the lovey dovey crap! Get me out of here!" Davenport yelled. I looked at Chase and he nodded.

That's when we all split up. Adam was sending lasers towards the main power source, Leo was deflecting lasers, and Chase and I were flipping around creating a distractions while we also avoided the lasers.

As I was doing a bunch of flips, I noticed that one of the lasers hit Adam and Chase, forcing them to the floor.

"You okay?!" I asked as I continued to avoid the lasers.

"Oh, we're just dandy!" Adam yelled, sarcastically.

Suddenly, I heard Leo screaming and I guess he deflected the laser and it hit the power source because there were no more lasers flying around. I was finally able to stop doing a bunch of flips and I was so relieved.

"Thank god." I said, exasperated. Davenport exited the capsule, grabbed some type of device off his cyber desk, and zapped Adam and Chase, letting them get off the floor.

"You okay?" Chase asked, cupping my face and looking for injuries.

"I'm fine, babe." I pecked his lips. "But as for you," I pointed to Leo. "You won't be." His eyes widened and he bolted towards the elevator. "Good idea!" I called after him.

"Wanna head back upstairs?" Chase asked me. I nodded. He laced our fingers together and pulled me towards the elevator. Adam and Davenport stayed back, probably so they could clean up the mess.

When we entered the living room, I noticed that all the girls were leaving.

"Just so you know, we're never coming back." Stephanie told Bree as she was walking out.

I walked up to Bree and stood next to her, crossing my arms. "Is that a promise?" I asked the witch.

She scowled at me. "Why are you still here if the sleepover is over?"

Bree and I looked at each other. "You know what? I don't care if people find out." I told Bree.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." I then turned my attention back to Stephanie. "I live here."

"You live here?"

"Yup. The Davenports adopted me after they found out my DAD was abusing me." I told her, emphasizing the word 'dad.' "So go ahead, tell everyone at school. But just so you know, if you do, it'll just prove to everyone that you're the biggest bitch on the planet." And with that I slammed the door in her face.

"Well, that was pretty awesome." Bree grinned, high fiving me.

"Now let's just hope she doesn't tell anyone at school." Chase said.

"I meant it when I said I don't care. Let her tell people. But if she gets a laugh out of the misery my dad caused me, then she will be the biggest bitch on the planet."

I then hugged two out of the six most important people in my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 5.4K 21
Mellie Hancock was just your average highschooler. Maybe a little more than average, thanks to her intelligence. What happens when her dad loses his...
157K 2.3K 21
haley ford is leo dooley's best friend. they have been best friends since they were little kids. little did they know that their lives would change f...
160K 2.2K 24
the story of haley ford and the lab rats has been a crazy ride for the past two seasons. haley, along with adam, bree, and chase, find themselves on...
3.3K 173 17
In the Davenport Bionic Academy, amid conflicts and twists with the students and their past, and the responsibilities of the academy, Chase and Harpe...