Night Of The Living Virus

I was in my room, doing some homework so I wouldn't have to do it later. It was Friday and I didn't feel like spending my weekend doing homework when I could be hanging out with my friends and boyfriend. But the only problem with this weekend was the fact that Bree was having a sleepover.

Now normally I wouldn't mind sleepovers, but the fact that Bree was having one with the popular girls at school made me cringe. I told Bree that I would be either in my room or the lab while she was having the sleepover because I didn't want any part of it.

The only thing that sucks is I have sneak around when I leave my room. No one knows I live with the Davenports because if they found out I was adopted by them, they would think it's weird that I'm dating Chase, who's my adopted brother.

After I finished my homework, I went downstairs. When I entered the living room, Adam, Chase, and Leo were playing video games and Bree had just walked in. Davenport and Tasha were in the kitchen, talking about who knows what.

"Hey! I thought I told you guys to get lost?" Bree questioned, putting her hands on her hips. I chuckled as I took a seat at the kitchen island. "The coolest girls in school are coming for a sleepover and I don't want this place smelling like feet and pickles." She continued.

Adam then lifted up his arm and smelled himself. "No, not me. I'm armpits and onions."

"Gross." I mumbled.

"Hey! Why does she get to have a party?" Chase asked.

"Because she needs to socialize more with girls so she'll stop challenging random strangers to loogie contests." Tasha said, cringing when she mentioned the loogie contest.

"Aw, but she's the champ." Adam defended.

"She has had some epic hang times." Chase added. What's wrong with these people?

"You gotta work up a green one. They're, uh, meatier."

I gagged. "Bree, stop." I said as I placed a hand on my stomach. "I'm about to puke."

"That's my little princess." Davenport said, then took a sip of his coffee. He then walked away, I'm assuming to go to the lab.

"So, I've watched every slumber party movie ever made." Bree said. "We're gonna have a pillow fight, we're gonna put cucumbers on our eyes, and then we're gonna shave Francesca's legs. Her knees have eyebrows."

I cringed. "That's attractive on a girl."

"I know her." Chase said. "Every time she sits she looks surprised."

My boyfriend's so weird. But you gotta love him.

"I'll be in my room." I said, hopping off the stool.

"Alex, please stay for the sleepover. It won't be fun without my best friend." Bree said, walking over to me. She was looking at me with her puppy dog eyes and she knew I could never say no to her when she did that.

"Fine." I gave in. She squealed and hugged me. "But you owe me big time."

"Done!" She smiled and walked away. Chase smirked and made his way over towards me.

"You want to laugh, don't you?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not." I pouted and he pecked my lips. "You know you could've just said no to Bree."

"But what kind of friend would I have been if I said no? You know I hate seeing people upset."

"What about, Leo?"

"Leo doesn't really count. He's used to me acting the way I do."

He laughed. "Well if you want to ditch the sleepover, you can hang out with me and Adam."