Born Of Ashes

By CarbonMoon

The Unmated Ball only happens once every generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate! The next just... More

Preface
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
A/N
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
*A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
*A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three
*A/N
Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
The First Burning
*A/N Please Read Me!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cain's Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
PLEASE READ ME!!
Update on things!
The Great Tree
Chapter 31
Rewrite

Chapter Six

90.2K 3.2K 491
By CarbonMoon

For SkyDancer11:“I told you I would update today!” – Abbie xxx

Chapter Six

Something terrible was going to happen today. I could smell it. It was like this feeling was surrounding me and filling me up with dread. It was slowly suffocating me and I couldn’t shake the feeling all day.

The day started off normal. Me waking up late, throwing clothes on and running to school, comments met my ears about being a witch and me hanging me head in shame. I may have been an Alpha’s daughter but I sure didn’t act like it! I shuffled from one class to the other until the end of the day. The feeling was still there and as the hours ticked by I felt in consuming my every being! What was happening to me? I had had this feeling before, the day of my 13th birthday, the day I should have shifted. When a she-wolf hits 13 they shift into a wolf but I never did. I had always wondered why but every time I had tried to ask my parents they seem to brush it off and move onto a different subject.

When I arrived home my mother was in the kitchen like normal and I didn’t stay for her to lecture me about manners and me walking out on our visitor yesterday. This morning I had questioned her on why she was so willing to let me go with a stranger, who may I add could have taken advantage of me if I had gone, and she replied that she knew the man very well and also she knew why he was there. I soon left before an argument was started.

“Don’t think I have forgotten Iris,” my mother shouted after my retreating back. “I won’t let you talk to people like that!” She shouted up.

“Okay,” I muttered before taking hiding in my room. I shifted through piles of homework before dinner and then I took a shower. The feeling was getting worse. It was eating away at me.

“Iris,” Carrie, my ten year old sister came bursting through my door. “Are you okay?” she jumped onto my bed.

“I am fine,” I muttered rubbing my banging head.

“But your head is hurting again and only bad things happen then your head hurts,” she glanced at my head.

“I am fine Carrie! Stop fussing,” I muttered closing my eyes.

“Fine I won’t bother next time,” Carrie huffed storming from room. I winced as she slammed the door before curling up in till a ball and falling asleep.

“Why is there death, Nanny?” I asked as my Granddad placed my favourite cat into the ground.

“Death is a part of Life sweetheart,” Nanny soothed.

“You know Iris,” my Granddad said drawing my attention to his wrinkled face. “I read somewhere, that, the reason why death sticks so closely to life isn’t biological necessity; it’s envy. Life is so very beautiful that death has fallen deeply in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can.”

The memory came back to me in flashes on colour as I dreamt of that day. I had had the feeling then and my Nan had believed me and sat with me while I cried my eyes out.

“But it hurts Grandpa,” I cried.

“You know when someone you love dies, it is okay because they become a memory and you know that is the greatest treasure of all little one!” he hugged me. “You’ll understand one day,” He sighed.

“Iris wake up” a panicked voice entered my dreams shaking at my sleeping form.

“What?” I muttered trying to bury myself deeper into my sheets.

“Get up now,” the fear seeing into their voice.

“What do you want, Harper?” I snapped peeking at her through the sheets to see a tear stained face.

“Rogue attack!” she muttered her eyes large and ever moving. “We need to go now!” She ordered grabbing hold of me pulling me out of bed.

“Where is Carrie?” I asked throwing shoes on.

“With Ollie,” she said opening my door slowly to check the coast was clear. “Come on,” she said grabbing my hand. I squeezed her sweaty hand and she replied back with a squeeze.

“Ollie,” whispered Harper.

“Is Iris with you?” he asked a merging from Carrie’s room.

“Yeah I am here,” I replied.

“Good!” Ollie nodded. “Harper, take Carrie to the shelter!” Ollie pushed Carrie’s shaking form into her. “And be safe,”

“I will,” she picked Carrie up but before going she looked us both in the eye. “I love you guys, you know that right?” I couldn’t see much in the darkness that was our hallway but I could almost see the glittering tears that were threatening to spill from Harper’s eyes.

“I love you too,” I and Ollie both muttered.

“Right we’ll go around the front,” Ollie took hold of my hand and started pulling me down the stairs, two at a time.

“We’ll see you soon Harper,” Ollie reassured as they disappeared into the darkness of the backyard. “Right, Iris you go first and I follow.” I nodded feeling the fear bubble inside me as Ollie pushed me outside.

I saw wolves everywhere and one catching sight of me! Ollie ran from behind me as a wolf the colour of gun metal leapt. They clashed, slamming together with teeth and claws ripping at flesh. They fell to the ground, the gun metal wolf backing away, as Ollie shifted low to the ground, his sliver wolf bearing his teeth.  They circled one another flashing their teeth as a warning, the rouge’s lips curled back showing his yellowing teeth. Fear bubbled inside me as I shivered. Suddenly, the rogue threw himself at Ollie but he was too fast, he took hold of the rogue’s neck and bit. The wolf howled in pain as Ollie vigorously shook and he scraped uselessly at Ollie but soon the howls of pain lessened and Ollie soon threw the lifeless wolf to the floor. Spitting the blood from his Wolfy mouth, he ran off to another fight, leaving me unprotected and scared.

I didn’t know what to do! As I had never shifted, I had no way of protecting myself or running! I could see why Ollie had ran off, a Wolf was attacking a she-wolf Ollie had had a crush on for ages, but how could he have just left his sister behind? I tried to melt away into the background of the war zone but an inky black wolf caught sight of me. Fear seeped through as I tried to make it back into the safety of my house.

His yellow eyes calculated every step I took and zoned in on every movement I made. I was his prey and there was nothing I could do. I sank to the floor readying myself for the pain of my death!

“Live,” something whispered into my ear. “Because I am coming and I take everything,” the voice was dark but it set something off inside me. “You have it in you, it is not your time,” they faded away.

I felt a crackling surge of power building inside like blazing fires, igniting a scorching, wither of power inside me. I felt the power fill my lungs, flowing through every fibre in one small body. I didn’t know how I knew what to do but I somehow connected to the power flowing through me and with a flick of my wrist fire burst through my small slender hands, hitting the coal, black wolf in the chest. He fell to the floor, dead. I stood up, standing firmly with my feet apart. I felt powerful and nothing could stop me.

With a couple of flicks of my wrists the remaining rogues where either dead or retreating and I couldn’t help the grin of utter triumph that formed on my face. I turned to Ollie, who looked at with fear.

“Iris?” He asked hesitating to take a step forward.

“What,” I puzzled.

“You’re on fire,” he looked bewildered as he came closer. “I mean you’re hair is on literally on fire,” he stared at my hair when suddenly piercing pain stabbed at my head causing me to scream out, dropping to my knees. “Iris,” he dropped to the floor.

“Ollie,” I muttered as the pain subsided but exhaustion soon took hold. My eyes where feeling heavier with every moment. “I am okay,” I reassured as Ollie took my head and cradled my now normal hair into his lap.

“No you are not!” He snapped stroking my hair. “You just burst into flames and used fire balls to kill most of the rogues!”

“I want to sleep,” I whispered feeling my eye lids drupe and slowly I fell into darkness.

“You better fight, the world needs you,” a voice whispered into the blackness as I fell into nothing.  

 The day you were born Death began his walk towards you. You are born to die. Light may travel faster than anything but the darkness is always there first, no matter what. I, Death, is all we can truly depend on because I comes for you all in the end. What will you do with the time that is given?

“Live,” I whispered my eyes flinging open into the bright white light with a new sense of purpose!

_________________________________________________________________________

So this is Chapter Six! Do you like?

I hope this explains a few things!

Ø  Iris lets others treat her like that is because she is a shamed because she never shift and therefore she kind of believes herself to be an Omega.

Ø  She is a daughter of an Alpha but she hasn’t shifted so she submits to the other wolves because of this.

Ø  Robert is 20 years old and is not in high school but Iris has just turned 18 (the night of the unmated ball) and in her last year of high school!

Also, one of the quotes used is not mine is from the story Life of Pi by Pi Patel.

Remember to Vote and Comment!

And Sorry for any mistakes!

And also if this is too short!

- Abbie

                 xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 409 14
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
1.3K 40 51
****WARNING!!! This book has themes in it that may be triggering for some. (Rape, sexual assault, violence, strong language) please proceed with caut...
1.1M 24.9K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...
1.5M 48.8K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...