Curious: Restless ~OUAT Fanfi...

By xlaurynwritesx

Rest•less unable to rest or relax After discovering her family and her powers life continued to be hectic f... More

•Neverland•
•Map•
•Dreamshade•
•The Cure•
•Skull Rock•
•Home•
•Switched•
•Goodbye•
•Castle•
•Shooting Practice•
•Preparation•
•The Ball•
•Sort Of•
•Confession•
•Memory•
•Missing Year•
•Forgotten•
•Courage•
•Shining Tears•
•Magic•
•Ignored•
•Remember•
•Defeat•
•Family•

•Brave•

438 8 0
By xlaurynwritesx

They decided to start practicing magic so they could go against Pan.

"Let's start with a fire." Regina said as they looked at the two fire pits in the center. She was helping Maya and Emma.

Maya looked at the pit and a fire went up quickly. She looked to Emma to see hers and she was still working. "How did you do that so fast?" Emma asked looking to her.

"I just... did." Maya said with a shrug.

"Okay." Emma tilted her head a little and looked back at the pit.

"Focus. Concentrate!" Regina said to Emma as Maya looked at her.

"It's kind of hard when you're yelling in my ear." Emma responded.

"And when the wind blows or its racing or someone is shooting arrows at you. Concentration is hard. Find your anger and use it to focus." Regina said looking to her.

"No there has to be a way without going dark. I mean Maya didn't go dark." Emma said looking to her sister.

"Well I found my magic out of freight and the rest just kind of came naturally." Maya said looking at the fire.

"So what you want to scare her into using it?" Regina said angrily.

"That's not what I said." Maya said looking to her as she crossed her arms. "She just had to find it in herself."

"Yeah. Since it'll come that easily. That reasoning is stupid. You're no help." Regina said to Maya.

"And you're a monster." Emma responded looking to her as Maya looked down to see a fire.

"You smell that?" Regina asked with a smile.

"What?" Emma asked angrily.

"Smoke." She answered as Emma looked to the small fire she had made.

"You did that right?" Emma asked.

"No that was all you." Maya sighed.

"Ignore her." Emma said looking to her sister.

"Yeah I'll try . Still hurts though." Maya answered with a sigh. Emma rubbed Maya's arm a bit as she looked to the fire. They warmed up and took a break from the magic part.

"Where you guys going?" Emma asked as she stood up Maya stood with her and looked.

"Firewood." Hook replied.
"To get water." David said at the same time.

"Neal's alive." Mary Margaret said as she looked to Emma.

"What?" Maya asked a bit wide eyed.

"Neal is-" Emma started looking to Mary Margaret who looked convinced. "Alive?" She asked surprised. She didn't seem to excited though.

"Maybe. Sorry she deserved to know." Mary Margaret said looking from David to Hook.

Maya felt nervous deep inside her stomach. She looked to Emma realizing it was her feeling that way.

Regina tried to convince them it was a waste to go but Mary Margaret saw more scuffing so she had hope. Emma wasn't sure who to believe. Regina looked at them and told them she was looking for Henry. She left them and the rest went to find Neal after some convincing by Mary Margaret. She led them by following the scuff marks.

"The track leads directly to that cave. This must be where they are keeping Neal." Mary Margaret said as they looked at the cave.

"If this is some sort of prison, why aren't their any guards posted?" David asked as Hook answered.

"These aren't just any caves. They are the echo caves. They don't require guards." Hook sighed.

"You know it?" Mary Margaret asked.

"All to well. I lost half of my crew in there." Hooks answered as Maya's heart raced. She was scared to go inside.

"The only way to go inside is to tell a secret." Hook said.

"A secret? That's all?" Mary Margaret replied.

"Not just any secret. Your deepest darkest secret." Hook said as he looked inside. He began to explain why they had to do it. He explained how Pan wanted them to find Neal and that their secrets would destroy them.

They walked in, Maya staying in between her parents. They got to an opened part and saw a crate in the center. "Emma!" They heard Neal yell from inside. They looked to him. He was in the center of the large area with no way to get over to him.

They had no way of getting over and Hook explained that they had to tell the secrets.

"So what? Someone tells there secret and they sprout wings?" Emma asked confused.

"I don't know the particulars only what I've been told." Hook answered.

"How do you know it will work?" David asked.

"There's only one way to find out I suppose." Hook answered as he looked behind them.

"I kissed Emma." He said facing the Charmings. David got defensive and Maya looked to Emma surprised.

"I already told Mary Margaret so it's not really a secret." Emma responded. "It was just a kiss. How is that your darkest secret?"

"It's what the kiss exposed. My secret is I never thought I'd be capable of giving up my first love Milah. That I'd be able to find someone else that is until I met you." Hook answered as a part of a bridge grew from the rock where Neal was.

"Mary Margaret I-" David started.

"No. Me next." Mary Margaret said looking to him. "Ever since we broke the curse, since we found each other, since we found Emma and Maya and all that happiness there is something I haven't wanted to admit." She said looking at David. "Our daughters are beautiful, smart, and amazing. I couldn't be more proud of either of them but they are grown up. Yeah Maya is a little younger but I still, I want to pretend I'm okay with that, but I'm not. We missed it, David. What we have with them is unique but it wasn't what I wanted. We missed out on everything. Their first step, their first smile, first words. We missed it all."

"What are you saying?" David asked.

"When we get off this island and get back to Storybrooke I want another go at it. I want another baby." Mary Margaret said looking to him. She answered as a little more of the bridge grew.

"Nothing would make me happier, and I know with all my heart that you would make a great mother, but I it won't ever happen. At least not with me." He answered.

"What do you mean?" Mary Margaret asked as David cried.

"When Maya, Hook, and I went to look for the sextant, they were actually taking me to find a cure." David said as Mary Margaret looked to Maya and Hook then back to David.

"A cure for what?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Dream shade." David answered.

"Th lost boys the arrow- you pushed me out of the way." Mary Margaret started.

"I wasn't fast enough. I was hit. Hook was able to find a cure but it came at a price. I can't leave Neverland. If I do, I'll die." David said as a bit more of the bridge grew. There was still a whole left. Maya was already upset about her dad not being able to leave.

"I guess I should go next right?" Maya said as she sighed. "I wanted to go last anyway. I guess that's part of my secret." She said as she looked to Mary Margaret, David, and Emma.

"When we first got here, I heard the cries of the lost boys that Pan said only people like them could here. People that didn't feel loved." She said looking to Emma. "But I didn't hear it because I don't feel loved. I do. I'm like them in a different way." She held her arm and cried a bit. "I don't feel like I fit in. I don't feel like I'm brave or strong like you guys." She said as her voice cracked a little. "I just feel like a girl with a lot of magic, but no reason for it."

"Maya-" Her mom started.

"I feel weak. To weak to be considered a hero or anything important. I feel to cowardly to be a part of our family." She interrupted as she cried.

The ground shaked as the bridge connected to both sides. Maya feel down and sat there wiping her tears as Mary Margaret looked at her. Maya shook her head and she walked away. She felt bad for saying it. Not just because it was her secret, but because she knew it would hurt her parents feelings, knowing that one of their daughters didn't feel like she fit in.

As she cried there she heard the end of Emma's secret. She said that she wished Neal was dead because it would be easier if he was. Her and Emma had the darkest secrets. Saying that the family they had would be better if someone weren't there.

Maya stood up as Emma walked over and they walked out. Maya walked behind her dad who was chasing after her mom. He was trying to talk to her but she refused.

They went back to the camp and Maya had stopped crying by then. "Hey." Emma said as she sat next to her.

"I hope you didn't come over here to convince me I belong. You know more than anyone that I have good reason." She said looking to Emma as she huddled her knees.

"No I came over here to make sure you were okay. Seems our parents are to busy mad at each other to come over and see for themselves." Emma said looking to her.

"It's because of me." Maya said looking down.

"I doubt that." Emma answered as Maya looked at her confused. "David told her he couldn't leave." Maya sniffed. "I'd say that's reason enough. You didn't do anything wrong."
Maya looked down. "And in no way am I trying to convince you or anything but I think you are more brave then you know." Emma said before getting up and walking away as Maya chuckled. Emma knew how to make her laugh, mostly because they had the same sense of humor.

After that Maya sat with the group as they talked about their way off of the island. Neal talked about how they needed to catch Pans shadow that was detached to its body. Supposedly Wendy never sewed it on like in the movie. Neal, Emma, and Hook all decided to go and capture the shadow. Mary Margaret, David, and Maya all decided to go get Tinker Bell. Maya knew already this would be an interesting trip.

Mary Margaret got up rejecting Davids hand to help. David went over to Maya and helped her up. She didn't look directly at him.

"Maya-" David started to say as Maya walked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you I just- I." Maya started. She couldn't even finish.

"Maya I'm not mad at you." David said looking at her as they walked.

"You- You're not?" Maya said as she looked to him.

"No." He smiled to her. "I'm proud of you."

"What?" Maya asked confused.

"Even saying you felt that way was brave. You saved Henry in the stables, that's brave." David said looking at her.

"But I ran away. Every time I do something I get to scared to go any further. Like when the giant came." Maya said looking down.

"Maya you saved my life. If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't even have been able to be walking, let alone alive right now." David said as Maya looked up to him. "Just because you get scared sometimes, doesn't mean that you aren't strong. Even I get scared. How do you think I ended up in this mess with your mom."

"Well maybe you should try to talk to her. She won't stay mad for long I'm sure. You guys are true loves after all." Maya said looking up to him. His speech made her feel better. Knowing that heroes have times of despair sometimes made her feel closer to normal. She just hoped her parents started to get along soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 6.1K 33
There will me smut, action, violence, adventure, fluff, mystery, and romance. I picked the genre of this book as romance because it's mainly about Pe...
874 12 20
OUAT fanfic This picks up after the end of Season 4 and is basically my version of the first half of season 5. All rights go to ABC and Once Upon A...
5K 55 35
*Complete* What if the curse was never cast? What if Emma had grown up in the enchanted forest? What if Snow white and Prince Charming got a little t...
5K 129 24
Sen•sa•tion•al Causing great public interest; very impressive Everything is good again. Henry and Emma are staying, Maya found Zachariah again, and m...