The Baker and The Billionaire

By CountVustafa

Harry Styles owns a small bakery. Harry hates big business and big CEOs. A big company wants to buy Harry's b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
The Epilogue
SPECIAL 1

Chapter 9

6.8K 349 64
By CountVustafa

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE

ENJOY

ENJOY

ENJOY

-.-.-.-.-.-

Niall eyed the raven haired lad in front of him. He looked so chilled and mysterious. it was infuriating! 

 How he wished he could get into that head and see what the hell he was thinking!

 "Sorry if I interrupted anything." said Zayn and shot Niall a smirk. 

 Niall blushed. Just moments ago he was having a sweet moment with Harry but unfortunately was interrupted. 

"No you weren't. Now Zayn spill" he said. 

"Yeah, yeah if you say so."  

Zayn placed his teacup on the table beside him and breathed out a long breath. He truly did not want to break the news. His friend was exhausted and he needed rest. He sympathized Niall so much. But this was a company problem.

"When you fainted in the bakery. A couple of pictures were taken. It made front news cover all over the world." 

No surprise there! Niall sighed.  

"The problem is. There were rumors that you were on drugs. Sadly, some of our investors believed in the stupid rumors and they pulled out in some of our investments. Especially our latest investment in Spain." 

"What?! Are you fucking kidding me?" yelled Niall as he stood up and hands in fists. 

Niall could feel a migraine coming up really soon.

This was just what he needed after waking up from exhaustion. A company problem!

Niall massaged his temples. Spain was Horan & Co. second biggest investments and they already owned several restaurants there. Their latest investment was a fancy Arab restaurant in the middle of Madrid. Niall remembered the meeting he had for the Arab restaurant. The family owned restaurant was extremely hesitant about working with Niall since he was so young and was not a family man. It took them a while but Niall managed to convince them that they were in great hands and mentioned to them in fact he was in a relationship. Well, was....

The investment was going to be his biggest yet. He spent weeks with many designers and chefs coming up with brilliant ideas and concepts. Those countless hours are going to be for nothing if no one was going to invest. He knew he had to get to Spain and get everything back in order. 

 "Zayn get the jet ready! Get our publicist to handle the press. Sue everyone if you have to. I need our Spain branch to immediately get me from the airport and we will see where we can move on from there" ordered Niall. 

"Niall you don't have to do it now-" 

Niall shot him a glare. "Then when Zayn? I can't just take a breather for a day like regular people! How I wish I can, but I can't. Believe me I tried..." 

Zayn sighed. He was at lost for words. Niall was right. Horan & Company  was a huge company that hires thousands of people around the world. A single slip and it would cost many people their livelihood. 

He pitied his best friend, carrying such heavy responsibility on his shoulders at such a young age. 

-.-.-.-.-.-

Harry had been eavesdropping the whole conversation between Niall and Zayn in his kitchen. He felt so conflicted. 

He was angry at Zayn for telling that information at Niall. The man just fucking woke up dammit! He needs rest. 

But at the same time, his heart ached that Niall did not once thought about him. 

When Harry saw the light ran out of Niall's eyes and his body falling on the floor in the restaurant he immediately felt a part of him tore apart. Luckily a doctor was in the bakery and said Niall was simply exhausted and needed plenty of rest. The gang drove the unconscious Niall to Harry's flat. As Niall lay unconscious Harry was the one who nursed him and sponged bathed him. At times he could not help but play with Niall's hair and brushed those lips that he yearned to kiss. 

Harry hoped after Niall woke up they would sit down and talk about their so called 'relationship'. Where they would go on from now.  

He imagined things would turn out great and they would get back together and be cute all over again. But it wasn't.

Niall was this important man.

Harry was in love with a man that had millions idolizing him. Someone who was internationally looked upon and was on a level far away from where he stood. 

He was a just a baker.

And he worked for Niall.  

His chest tightened.  He wasn't a priority anymore in Niall's life. All those moments that they shared ruined because of some stupid identity mistake. How he wished he could turn back time and not care who the hell Niall was.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of timer on his oven. 

-.-.-.-.-.-

"Harry these looks delicious." complimented Zayn, starring at the freshly baked cinnamon rolls on the table. 

"Please help yourself. Where is Niall?" asked Harry noticing the missing lad in the room. 

"Oh he's in your room." pointed Zayn. 

"Hey can I come it?" Knocked Harry. 

"It's your room. You can enter it whenever you want." replied Niall from the other end. 

Harry chuckled. That sassy Irish! 

Harry entered his room and met Niall already dressed in the same shirt and suit he wore days earlier. 

"Where are you going?" asked Harry starring curiously at the blonde fixing the buttons of his jacket. 

"I have a jet waiting for me Harry." replied Niall not taking his eyes off the button. 

Harry closed the door behind softly and stared at the blonde who was obviously uncomfortable with his presence in a small space. 

"Niall we need to talk." said Harry softly. 

Niall shook his head, his hand still fumbling on the button. "Sorry Harry but I kinda am busy right now." 

Harry cocked an eyebrow. 

"It is a fucking button Niall. You're avoiding me. I can tell." 

"No. I am not avoiding you. I just need to button up this bloody jacket." Niall said. 

"Niall what about us?" 

"What about us?!" replied Niall coolly. 

Harry gulped. Niall was starring at him with those deep blue pools that he loved so much. 

"What do you mean, 'what about us'? We have a relationship. Why are you avoiding this!" said a frustrated Harry.  

"Harry come on! Our 'relationship' was based on lies. Its a fling! Excuse me but I have a freaking company to run. People's lives are in my hands. I need to go." 

Niall had gathered his suit together and exited the room. Brushing pass Harry like the lad was an unseen object. 

"Come on Zayn. The car is already on its way." Niall called the raven haired man standing in the doorway.

A FUCKING FLING! Harry was angry, Niall indeed was avoiding him. 

The curly lad watched as the blonde was already busy typing on his cellphone. 

"So is this what you make of us Niall! A fucking fling?!" yelled Harry from the middle of the living room. 

Niall stopped typing and starred at Harry who was still standing in the middle of the room. He looked furious. It hurted Niall to see his Harry angry. 

"Yes Harry. It was a fling" 

Niall glanced one last time at the man he love so much. Those green orbs that he dreamt about for countless nights. He wants them so much. He wants nothing more than to run into his arms and cuddle all night like like they used to. But he knows he has his responsibilities and he cannot run away from them. Niall took a deep breath.

"Goodbye Harry."  

 -.-.-.-.-.-.-

LOVE IT COMMENT 

LOVE IT COMMENT 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 362 25
Niall has had his heart broken one too many times by the infamous Harry Styles, so he decides enough is enough and leaves the band. Management is fin...
17.3K 976 39
2015. Niall Horan is ready to study at New York University. Harry Styles is his new roommate. They initially hate each other. But the fact that they...
13.8M 252K 63
"He's the star and all I am is the water boy." [#1 Fan Fiction. **First Place (Popular Narry) / 2nd Most Voted Story in the 2014 1DBroman...
3.4K 186 31
Narry fanfic with Harry and Niall. Sometimes love take us to a dark place where we don't belong. We make the wrong choices in life, and that has cons...