Till The End.

By killerpoetess

What is a home to you? Somewhere safe, warm, and loving, you'd think right? Lucy Heartfilla always had a th... More

1.

2.

204 11 6
By killerpoetess

Rogue watched Lucy as she laughed with Yukino, they were packing all her things up and couldn't stop talking to each other - as they did. The two of them brought a bright happy aura around them. A picture of Natsu and Lucy was hanging on her vanity with his arm around her, smiling brightly that caught Yukino's eye. She reached over plucking the picture out of the mirrors edge, and held it up catching Lucy's attention.

"You like Natsu, don't you?" Yukino asked, winking at her. "You both seemed really close during the grand magic game . ."

Rogue didn't want to ear drop on their conversation, but he wasn't really in the best predicament with her apartment being so small. He quickly tried to busy himself as he went to step out her apartment door, when Sting appeared in front of him returning back from the carriage. He had gone out earlier putting Lucy's belongings in the back of the carriage. He stared at Rogue weirdly as he pushed past him into the room.

"What are you doing?" He asked, as he reached down grabbing another bag. "You okay, man?"

Rogue felt his cheeks grow warm again as Lucy and Yukino glanced over at him clearly hearing Sting question the ever living shit out of him. He chuckled and smacked Sting on the back with a sarcastic smile on his lips.

"Of course, man." He responded, grabbing a bag from Sting's grip. "You were just taking too long, so I figured to offer you a hand."

Sting glared at him, "Oi, shut up!"

Rogue smirked at him as he followed him out the apartment and down the stairs towards the carriage. He didn't want to think of the possibility of Lucy liking Natsu . . It made his heart throb. She would never in a million years look his way, but he could only wish, right? He sighed as set the bag down in the carriage and turned back towards the apartment, when a familiar scent caught his attention. It was a scent from Fairy Tail. .

"Shit." Sting and Rogue said in unison, as they both stared down at the brick road to see silhouettes walking towards them. Sting yanked down the cloth to cover the bags and hurriedly tied it tightly, so nobody would be able to glance in. When he finished they weren't too close, but close enough to see them.

"I'm going to warn the girls." Rogue spoke quickly, as he turned to the stairs. "You stall."

Sting nodded in response, "Gotcha."

Rogue rushed up the stairs, opening the apartment door quickly and slamming it catching the attention of Lucy and Yukino who had just finished with the last bag. They stared at him questioningly, as they both walked towards him.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

Rogue could hear Sting talking to whoever it was and he could feel the panic boiling within in him.

"We caught scent of your friends, they could potentially be outside right now with Sting."

Lucy eyes widened, "Wha-"

"OI!" Sting yelled. "Don't go up there, they're busy!"

Lucy's face filled with absolute terror and panic as she hid her last bag behind her desk. She turned to Rogue and Yukino shaking with terror to the thought of Erza and the others being angry with her. She didn't want that, she didn't even understand why they were back?! They had just left in the morning! Lucy heart plummeted when she heard the footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Lucy," Rogue says, as he gripped her shaking hand. "It's going to be okay."

Lucy held his hand, tightly. "I hope so."

Yukino's eyes flickered between they're hands with a grim expression that vanished quickly, as someone pushed open the door. Lucy felt her breath catch when she realized who stood before was no other than, Cana. Guilt ran through her, as she knew that she had figured out she was leaving for a bit.

"Cana, I can explain-"

"-Everything I've seen here explains it pretty well." Cana interrupted her as she noticed a few things around the apartment had gone missing. "You've decided to leave Fairy Tail?"

"Not exactly." Lucy hesitantly responded, "It's more as a break for me right now."

Cana sighed. "It's cause of those fucking assholes, isn't it? God, they're such dumb asses to not realize what they've been doing to you."

Rogue, and Yukino stared at Cana curiously as they saw anger flicker in her eyes before it vanish as she shrugged and leaned against the doorway bringing a bottle of bear to her lips.

"Make then regret it, Luce." Cana winked, as she took a sip of her beer. "And, make em, think that they've lost you, for good."

She took a long chug from the beer bottle before setting it down and sluggishly making her way towards Lucy, who had just let go of Rogue's hand that didn't go unnoticed by Cana.  She wrapped her arms around Lucy's neck and leaned close to her ear.

"Don't forget what guild you really belong too." Cana whispered, "And, Rogue here seems to be taking a liking to you."

Lucy's cheeks flushed the moment she heard those words leave Cana's mouth. She should've known better that the only thing Cana ever noticed was men. She pulled away from her and brightly smiled at her.

"I have to get going." Lucy said, as she grabbed the last bag from behind her desk. "I'll miss you, Cana."

Cana - smiled at her sluggishly and chuckled. She had taken that as a sign to take her her leave, which she did without a second opinion from the Saber's. Cana took a last glance at Lucy before she turned and headed for the apartment door, she knew this probably would be the last time they'd see each other for awhile, but there was nothing she wanted to say to her. She just didn't want to see her actually become a Sabertooth guild member. That was something that would actually break her heart. Cana opened the door and stepped out and closed it behind her, as she finally let the tears fall.

"We'll miss you, Lucy."

Sting watched from the carriage the young Fairy Tail wizard take her departure by walking back towards her guild with a tear stricken face. She never once looked at him, he couldn't help but feel offended by that. Did she assume they were just stealing Lucy? He felt aggravation flow through him. Idiots, Lucy loved them and this was a break. Did nobody get that part?

"We're ready!" Yukino shouted from the apartment. "Get the horses ready, Sting!"

Sting took one last glance at Cana before he turned towards the carriage and smacked the horses behinds as they groaned in protest. He rolled his eyes and glanced back up at the window that Yukino was still staring down at and he gave her a thumbs up. He was ready to get out of this town and head back home to see Lester. The last thing he wanted was to sit around even more and run into more Fairy Tail members who would assume that Lucy was leaving they're guild. He just didn't have the patience, not one bit.

"Stingggg!" Lucy yelled, "Grab this bag for me!"

He admired Lucy as he walked up towards her and see the radiation of happiness oozing from her. She was always so beautiful to him, but nothing would ever capture his heart like Minerva, but she now old news. For good. He grabbed the bag from her and smiled at her.

"Anything for you, princess."

Lucy's cheeks flushed as she chuckled - Sing caught the eye of Rogue who had anger swirling in them and it was most likely towards him. It was plainly obvious he had thing for Lucy, and he just loved teasing him about it. Rogue had never really cared about anyone besides Frosh and that changed the moment he had met Lucy. He would realize that eventually, and Sting hoped it would be soon. The moment Lucy went out of hearing - he gripped Rogue's shoulder stopping him.

"Don't give me the look as if I ate your favorite dinner." Sting teased, "So, Lucy, huh?"

Rogue stared at him with embarrassed expression, before he glanced away, rolling his eyes.

"Don't be stupid, Sting." Rogue sighed, "Why would I like her? She's nothing that I would like."

Sting smirked at his response, "Then you don't mind, if I pin for her? Great!"

Rogue eyes widened - but he couldn't say anything due to Yukino coming from behind and patting both of them on the backs before sliding through the small space area and glancing back at the both of them with a knowing expression.

"Don't start a love triangle, you morons." Yukino scolded, "She may look happy, but she's in a fragile state due to the drama with her team, so don't start anything that could potentially hurt her more."

Rogue grunted, "I'm not interested in Lucy any shape or form. She's far from someone, I'd ever consider to be by my side like Frosh."

Yukino went to speak when they heard someone cough from behind them. All three of they're eyes widened in panic as they realized it was Lucy who was behind them with a foot sitting on one of the steps.

"I'm sorry. ." Lucy muttered. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just -"

Lucy paused - as Sting, and everyone else realized that she had heard everything. Rogue felt his stomach grow knots as he saw the sadness cloud her eyes, as he went to speak - he realized he couldn't. What could he say? He had hurt her with his owns words. . Something he didn't want to do. Ever.

"I need to get something else before we leave." Lucy said, "I'll only be a few minutes."

Before anyone could stop her, Lucy rushed up the stairs and disappeared into her apartment leaving the three of them in silence. They were focusing on trying to be something with her and protecting her that it just blew up in they're faces and this was what they deserved. Rogue ignored Sting, and Yukino and rushed up after the stairs and entered her apartment to see her kneel down in her living room holding her face as silent sobs filled the room.

"I'm sorry, Aquarius." Lucy muttered, "I . .I just can't. "

Rogue quietly walked towards her and bent down wrapping his arms around her as embraced her for a hug that caught her by surprise nor did she reject. He held Lucy for centuries, it seemed before she sniffled and moved her hands from her face but did not push Rogue away.

"I know there are somethings you guys would want to talk to me about, but I can't just handle more drama. I need friends right now, that's all I need. I'm sorry."

Rogue nodded, "As long as it makes you happy."

Lucy let a sob slip and she clutched Rogue's arms tightly.

"Thank you, thank you so much."

Lucy body fell back towards him and he realized then that she had fell unconscious and he could only assume it was due to the stress and overworking herself as of lately. He stared down at her face and ran his fingers across her lips, nose, and cheeks. She was so beautiful to him, a star that would shine when needed too. He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll protect you now." Rogue whispered, as he picked up her body. "You're someone I will always protect."

He carried her down the stairs and softly put her body in the carriage closing the door softly to only glance back towards the Fairy Tail guild that was in view.

"This isn't your home anymore, Sabertooth is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 8.9K 104
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
119K 4.2K 95
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
511K 14.6K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
158K 4.5K 63
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...