Submission

By korielyn

Highest ranking #1 as on 4th July 2017 "Tell me you are mine" the cold, sharp, merciless blade tried to force... More

CHAPTER : 1
CHAPTER : 2
CHAPTER : 3
CHAPTER : 4
CHAPTER : 5
CHAPTER : 6
CHAPTER : 7
CHAPTER : 8
CHAPTER : 9
CHAPTER : 10
CHAPTER : 11
CHAPTER : 12
CHAPTER : 13
CHAPTER : 14
CHAPTER : 15
CHAPTER : 16
CHAPTER : 17
CHAPTER : 18
CHAPTER : 19
CHAPTER : 20
CHAPTER : 21
CHAPTER : 22
CHAPTER : 23
CHAPTER : 25
CHAPTER : 26
CHAPTER : 27
CHAPTER : 28
CHAPTER : 29
CHAPTER : 30
CHAPTER : 31
CHAPTER : 32
CHAPTER : 33
CHAPTER : 34
CHAPTER : 35
CHAPTER : 36
CHAPTER : 37
CHAPTER : 38
CHAPTER : 39
CHAPTER :40
EPILOGUE
~
The wait has ended

CHAPTER : 24

73K 2.1K 519
By korielyn

I was lost yet again in those mysterious green orbs, staring at me with something undecipherable. Those eyes could look right through me, at my soul and I won't even protest. How could green be so mesmerizing?

I never understood how people said that you could read anyone by looking them in the eye. Maybe you can feel it? Just like I could feel his gaze on me.

Those hypnotic eyes narrowed a bit, annoyed maybe? Scrutinizing me, trying to read me, expecting me to look away, but I was trapped in those green meshes.

Numerous thoughts crossed my mind, numerous questions whirled around in my head, but that would mean that I will have to confront him. I was still confused by his actions and I really wanted to solve the mystery named Dimitri Nevada.

Maybe it was good luck, or maybe it was just a coincidence when I felt the chair in the next row, just beside me screech, diverting my attention to the famous jock Abel. I can't deny that I was thankful for the distraction.

"Ladies how are you doing? Missed me?" He smirked and flipped his hair back like those typical Casanova and trained his eyes on Rachel sitting on the other side of me.

"For God's sake, Abel, can't you let me have some much-needed peace? As it is, I have to tolerate you during those training sessions." She huffed and straightened the glasses on her nose.

"Awww! Look who's salty! I know  you can't fight the temptation of these lips." Abel made a kissing face and leaned towards her, but I think he forgot that there is a 5'4'' girl sitting in between his prey.

I smashed my palm on his lips and moved him away while trying to ask Rachel.

"Hey, I thought Mr. Dimitri said he will train each and every student individually!" Maybe my voice was too loud, or maybe he was already angry at me but whatever the case was, I earned myself detention after school.

"Miss Dawson. Detention after school." He spoke up in a calm voice without giving away any hints, but I heard a thousand different shades of meanings in it.

****
I wanted to escape. I wanted to go home as soon as possible and cover myself in the soft fluffy covers in my room and forget all that happened a few minutes ago. Somehow I reached Liza and pulled her towards our car to drive back home as soon as possible.

She gave me a questioning look but didn't ask me anything. I bowed my head down, defeated, and got in the car.

No, not now, please try to hold back the tears, please, I can't break down now.

I keep on ranting this mantra in my mind, trying to keep those betraying tears at bay.

The soft pitter-patter on the glass window beside me, in the car, helped me calm down a notch.
Leaning back in the seat seemed like the best option as I slowly closed my eyes. The memories of my detention came back to me, running a chill down my spine.

******

"Rose, your detention starts after fifteen minutes." Mr. Dimitri spoke up when the final bell rang and everyone was pilling out of the classroom. He had his eyes on his laptop, staring at something with great concentration.

I accepted my good luck and scurried out of that room as fast as possible.

As always, Liza was waiting for me at my locker and engulfed me in a huge bear hug.

"I can't breathe!" My choked out voice tried to speak up.

"I missed you so much Rosie and all I get back is a humpy grumpy BFF. Why so salty?" She handed me a gummy candy to nibble on.

"Your BFF is salty because she got detention to take care of." I huffed and turned towards her. "So don't wait for me, I'll be late"

"Well, I think it's your lucky day cause Max has field try-outs today, and he asked me to support him. So I will be late anyway." She shrugged her shoulders and took a bite out of her candy.

"Okay, then I will meet you in the parking lot?"

"Yeah fine babe"

******

Our car came to a stop in front of our house and Liza carefully parked it in our garage. I knew that she was worried about me and my behaviour, so I was not surprised when I saw her turning around in her seat to face me.

"Okay, I can't take it any more. Rose, what happened?" The frown on her face was indication enough that she knew something was wrong with me. "Every time something bad happens to you, you just push me away!! Every freaking time Rose! Why can't you trust me?! Share your problems! Share your pain with me! Am I so unreliable?" My body was not complying with me, I wanted to open my mouth and tell her everything that has been happening to me but every time I back off. All I did was just gawk at Liza and see the pain of being betrayed written all over her face.

I saw it all happen as she got out of the car, slammed her door and left me in the garage without even sparing a glance.

I wish I could tell her all that happened to me. I wish I could share my pain with her.

But I have been threatened no, not threatened but promised that something might happen to my best friend if I ever disclose the secrets from the music class.

****

As I made my way towards the music class, I was really trying to understand what was going on with my life.

The stalker,
The threats,
The envelopes,
And
Mr. Dimitri.

It seems like everything in my life changed when Ivan stepped into my house along with Mr. Dimitri.

I opened the door to the music class and my eyes came face to face with green eyes.

And the beholder of those green eyes was none other than Ivan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619 21 19
I always wake up in cold sweats from them. I don't know how long I'll survive, they might even kill me tonight... oh no... they're coming... ...
693 17 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
3.4K 108 21
She was always alone.... she never had friends she barely knew what it was like to love someone.... she was perfect.... but so broken.... lost.... A̱...
438K 13.2K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...