Staying Strong (K.BS_ Crew Fa...

kiara6678

Annubis is at a crossroads in life, when she goes to a concert things become unexpected. Еще

The Story

10 0 0
kiara6678

Annubis anxiously waited in what seemed like a mile long line. Every time she looked down at her ticket she imagined Arakai's cheeky smile encouraging her.

"Check out the celeb life she said, If you can preform like these people then you can join our group she said" Annubis mumbled to herself grasping her mouth shocked that those words came out. Sometime over the years she had developed a bad habit to talking to herself and sometimes loud enough for others to hear. She looked around but no one seemed to be paying her any mind, Annubis wondered how all these people were going to fit into the little café building that didn't look like it could hold more than 30 people. She looked at the airing laundry from above and wondered if the tenants ever got a free show or two. Annubis started to ponder about no longer having to beg for money again or be known as a street rat anymore. She scratched at her black nail polish, she didn't live on the street but her mom was too wired to be a caregiver and her less than minimum wage job barely covered the bills of their shitty apartment, let alone groceries. Annubis started to wish she didn't have to lie all the time, to her work about going to school though she dropped out, to her so called friends and to herself. She just wanted a normal life. Her mood saddened and she brushed away the thoughts, she looked at the ticket again.

"Maybe Arakai putting that $100 in my instrument case wasn't the worst thing ever." She thought allowed not caring if she was heard this time. Arakai had been pottering around her main begging street for over a month giving her $20's here and there until one day that blue haired pacifist gave her a lot more and started her 'I want your talent talk.' Annubis shook her head and showed her ticket to the doorman. Now she was here.

Annubis went to the first corner she could find thinking she was more of a fly on the wall then a true fan or invited person to this event. A small man with grills strut on the stage and did an intro of how there was going to be a mismatch of genres and that everyone should all stay tuned for Nova. Annubis's ear wiggled, 'Nova?' She wondered but let the random interest pass. A well known violinist took the small man's place. Annubis wasn't very impressed, being able to play the violin herself she didn't think the music was very clever nor did it demonstrate much skill.

"If she can have fans surely I could" she scoffed as a singer climbed on stage after her. Annubis would admit that a lot of the performers had talent while others not so much. Nonetheless she found herself tapping a foot to a beat and was surprised when the lights dimmed.

"Now introducing, Nova!" A voice said over a speaker, strobe lights flashed everywhere

"Epilsey warning" She muttered blocking her face. Her arm dropped when she heard a deep melodic voice. He appeared on stage shocking her, he looked nothing how she expected. His hair was long and white, tattoos covered his arms and hands and he wore punk clothing. Nova pointed in Annubis's direction as he sang and her heart fluttered frightening her because that had never happened before. She grabbed her chest

"Am I dying?" She questioned, before she could find out everything went Suddenly went quiet. All the lights cut out and the music stopped. Confused voices broke the silence, just as sudden  there was a sound of two gun shots. Annubis hit the ground in a split second panicked, screams and shrieks were everywhere. Annubis didn't move in fear of being trampled to death by the stampeding panicked crowd. She felt a sharp pinch in her arm and felt cold metal cuffs go around both wrists.

"I'm not the bad guy!" She yelled, Annubis was suddenly tossed over a shoulder and not knowing what else to do she screamed. She felt a hard painful blow delivered to the back of her head and she was out cold.

She awoke on damp ground in what looked like a supplies room, her hands were bound and she felt dizzy. A man dressed in all black stood with his back to her, she could see the end of a large gun that he held with both hands.

"This can't be how I die!!?" She looked to her left and saw the guy Nova beside her, he was sitting quietly looking unimpressed. His gaze was fixed on the back of the guarding man's head, it seemed as if he was plotting and or waiting for something. Maybe a rescue? He noticed Annubis had woken up and gave her a reassuring smile, he mouthed the words 'quiet' and pulled his arms up over his head even though they were behind his back. Annubis's jaw dropped as she watched him move his arms and body like he was some kind of contortionist to get the cuffs to the front of him. He managed to do it without making a sound, she was impressed. Nova, stood and tip toed up to the guard, Annubis held her breath has if one haggard exhale would blow everything. Nova wrapped the chain around his neck and choked him until he went unconscious. Annubis didn't know if he was dead but to be honest with her feelings she really hoped he was.

"Lets go" Nova whispered,

"The gun?" Annubis pointed

"Can't use it, can you?" He replied. Annubis shook her head and raised her fists, he nodded and opened the door a jar. "It's clear just a shit ton of stairs, we seem to be in the basement"

"Ok" They started to walk as silently as they could with clinking chains up the stairs, Annubis was so terrified of being caught and killed she trembled with each step.

"Do you know what's going on?" She whispered expecting to be hushed

"When they took me I heard them talking about using us as hostages for money."

"I'm not even famous!" Annubis cursed, not one dime would be given for her and she probably would be discarded because of it.

"Hmm well you look like a million bucks" he said with a wink, Annubis was not amused and wondered how he was staying so cool in a situation like this. Before he could say more he crouched and she immediately did the same. Annubis saw one patrolling guy with a large set of keys on his belt. She assumed keys to their cuffs had to be on there. Nova went to signal her some plan with sign language but the cuffs jingled a bit to loud. The guard spotted them and Annubis held back a blood curdling shriek that fought to erupt from her throat. Nova's leg went straight in the air and came down with a crushing force on the man's shoulder. The guard winced in pain but before he could truly react Nova's other leg was going across his face. Nova looked like he walked out of a Jackie Chan movie the way his legs were flying. He wrangled the guard to the ground and demanded for them to be uncuffed or it would be his death. The guard complied and freed them both, Nova grinned at him then lifted his leg high again and stomped his head/face hard enough to knock him out. Annubis didn't hope this one was dead.

"Come on!" Nova said sneaking to the elevator that surprisingly was still online and working, it opened to reveal two women dressed like cat burglars. Nova gasped and froze surprised, without  thinking twice Annubis sucker punched one with all her might knocking her out. The other reached for her baton. Annubis panicked and just forcefully pulled her out of the elevator while pushing Nova inside with herself. She slammed the top floor botton and exhaled once it closed and started moving. The conscious lady was merely inches away from hopping in with them. 

"Wow" Nova said with a nod of approval, halfway up an alarm went off and the elevator stopped.

"Well she must have sent the alert, not my smartest move back there" Annubis muttered.

"At least you reacted, I froze... I don't like to hurt women." Nova said taking a seat, bewildered Annubis looked around anxiously

"Shouldn't we be looking for an escape!"

"We can use the escape latch at the top of the elevator, the thing is I don't know how high we have to climb to find a safe floor. Or if these losers are looking for us and might try to come into the elevator shaft. It's harder for them to come in here then for us to come out so lets just wait a bit."

"Alright, good thing I'm not afraid of heights" Annubis sat. She looked at Nova, now that there was better lighting she could see he was extremely handsome and his white contacts made his eyes glow in the light. He closed his eyes knowing that she was staring but he nerver did become accustomed to it.

"Is Nova you're stage name?" Annubis asked her curiosity spiking now that they weren't in immediate danger.

"Yes, my real name is Noah" he answered, the two were quiet.

"What's your name?" He asked suddenly

"Annubis"

"Stage name?" He teased.

"No!" She laughed "My parents are junkies so that's why I'm stuck with this weird name".

"I don't think it's weird, it's quite unique."

"Okay" Annubis said feeling that weird sensation in her chest again.

"Life must be tough, you look like a tough cookie to match. I love to write songs about people like you. Strong."

"I don't know what you are talking about crazy, you don't know anything about me. I wouldn't use strong as a description." Annubis crossed her arms. His eyes opened

"You may be right but I would love to learn more about you" Nova's eyes bore into hers. Her heart sped up and she changed the subject.

"How did you learn to fight?" she asked, He smirked

"Let's just say rough up bringing."

"Oh" Annubis scratched at her nail.

"It's good to know how to defend yourself when you are famous, things like this happen more then you think. There are a lot of crazed fans out there." He stood to his feet again. "Lets get out of here". He climbed on top of the elevator hand railing with ease and managed to open the top. "Clear!" He said before jumping down and lifting Annubis up to give her a boost, at first she protested but once she felt the strength and security of Nova's arms she wasn't afraid.

Luckily there was a ladder and with Nova behind Annubis they climbed and climbed, jokes were said here and there and once Annubis's body felt fatigued they reached a floor. It looked to be where the people who rent the top part of the building lived, one of the apartment doors was open a jar and shone light. Annubis hoped it wasn't a trick and ran for it, she entered the home and startled a senior lady. She apologized profusely and the three of them waited things out  on the couches with biscuits and tea. The kiddnapers had fallen apart between the swat team and other hostages actively trying to escape, within another hour things were resolved. Annubis was cuddled in the crock of Nova's arm secretly inhaling his wonder natural scent. The door knocked and it was the police 'coming to the rescue'. They were instructed more like ordered not to talk to news or press and simply head to the car once outside. The cafe was trashed and there was blood and pother fluids on parts of the ground. Annubis tried not to look to hard, she didn't want this to be an experience that haunts her in her sleep.

Once in the safety of the car Annubis felt a mixture of emotions, she wanted to cry because she was so scared, she wanted to rejoice because she was so happy to be okay. She felt strong and didn't want to say goodbye to her celeb buddy.

"I want to get a tattoo come with me" Annubis said to Nova,

"Well I guess I'm free" he replied not wanting to say goodbye yet either.

The two chatted a storm for the 2 hours she got tattooed and at the end Nova took a good look at what she got.

"You're sly you got a matching tattoo as me!" He pointed to his triangle and line on his upper arm. He tapped his foot a little irritated. Annubis nodded

"Yes, it's signifies strength. What you said is true, I am tough and I also wanted to get it as a tribute to you. I wouldn't have made it out without you Nova I truly believe I would've died. I will never forget you or what you did as long as I have my memory and this tattoo."

"Awe" he said, Annubis pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. 

 "I know we have to go our separate was now since we live completely different lives." Nova frowned as he realized what she said about parting was true, he probably wouldn't meet anyone like her again and planned to make music about her. Nova gave an honored smile and pulled Annubis into a tight hug.

"Don't act like i'm the only hero, You saved me to" he whispered. With that he left the shop after paying for the tattoo since Annubis didn't have any money.

The very next day Annubis sat on her  normal begging corner and waited for Arakai to walk by, like always she did. Before she could say anything Annubis spoke.

"I'm joining you're group. My new life begins now" she touched her shoulder with a smile.

Nova I will see you again. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

170K 5.1K 98
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
44K 2.1K 77
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...
548K 18.7K 80
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
19K 594 16
this is going to be based off the books currently under editing!! any suggestions please do tell me please enjoy ☆