Daddy's Cowgirl (Completed) *...

By iheartreading2007

No one will ever know the pain that she feels. The pain that began the day her mother was killed in a car acc... More

Daddy's Cowgirl
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Epilogue <3
Daddy's Cowgirl 2

Chapter 36

18.9K 286 33
By iheartreading2007

'Uncle Joe, what the hell?' I ask still shocked.

'I'm sorry Cupcake.' Uncle Joe has the good graces to actually look a bit sheepish being scolded by a 17 year old.

'Tell me what happened.' I say trying to stay calm.

'I went to see your father and have a few words with him.'

'Which in all actuality means you went to go holler at him.' I huff while glaring slightly at my uncle.

'Yes and I think I had every right to Elizabeth. The shit that he has been doing to you is outrageous and he needed to have some sense knocked into him since no one else is going to do it. I'm so pissed off at everything that you have been put through I can't see straight. You are a teenager that has lost her mother in a tragic accident and you are being physically abused by your piece of shit father. It's ridiculous and if you aren't going to stand up for yourself then I'm going to do it for you.' He says seriously.

'I appreciate it Uncle Joe, don't get me wrong because I truly do. But what you don't seem to get is the fact that I have already settled stuff with my father. I had a talk with him and I'm moving out.'

'You don't seem to understand Cupcake, while I am happy you are moving out. You should've NEVER had to go through what you did. Any way, I went over there and argued with him since he was drunk. It got heated and came to blows.'

'Who hit who first?' I ask.

'I hit him first.'

'Why?'

'Because of some of the things he was saying. I couldn't hold back.'

'Like what?' I ask curiously.

'I don't think these are some things that you need to hear Cupcake.'

'I have been living with him since Mom died, whatever you have to say I have heard.'

'He said it was your fault your mother died and it should've been you.' He says hesitantly making me shrug.

'And?'

'What the hell do you mean "and" ?' He asks outraged.

'It's what he has been saying since she died!' I half shout feeling the tears entire my eyes and blur my vision.

'Well it's not true Cupcake and if your mother was able she would not only be rolling in her grave but would be down here slapping the hell out of him. He should never be speaking to his daughter like that.' He says angrily while ignoring the fact that his eyes are filling with tears.

'I know it's wrong and I understand that what he has been doing to me is awful but you don't understand how much guilt I live with. You weren't there when we got into the wreck, you weren't there when she rushed me to get out of the car, you weren't there when the entire car exploded and the last thing you hear was her saying I love you. You weren't there when as I lay in the street screaming for my mother the smell of burning flesh hit my nose and I started puking. No one was there! NO ONE! After mom died everyone tried to be nice and helpful but within a week or two no one cared! In a month everyone forgot. Well guess what? I didn't forget, even if I wanted to I had my father shoving it down my throat every damn day. I'm so fucking sick of everyone acting like they understand what I've been through.'

By the time I'm done I'm screaming, tears are streaming down my face and I can hardly catch my breath. I can't believe that I just screamed at my Uncle Joe but to be honest I really am sick of everyone acting like they understand when they don't. They haven't lived through what I have. I turn around and run out of the room. Passing a sad looking Big Vince, a few pitying nurses and doctors. When I get to the Emergency Room doors I slam them open so hard they hit the wall with a loud booming sound that echos through the now silent ER waiting room.

Without glancing around I head for the doors as quickly as I can while the pressure on my chest builds higher and higher. When I'm almost to the exit door I slam into a hard body and am immediately wrapped in two strong arms. I start punching, kicking and slapping the persons chest and legs trying to get them to release me. I don't want anyone to see me like this right now. I hate breaking down in front of people.

'Let me go!' I scream at them while punching them.

'Liz Angel, what happened?' Chris's voice washes over me but it doesn't calm me at this point.

'Let me go! Leave me alone!' I holler ignoring his question.

'Never.' Is his only response. Those words had more effect on me and my body then I ever through possible. I went limp in his arms and buried my face in his chest letting the sobs over take me.

'No one ever keeps that promise.' I get while sobbing hard without removing my face.

'I swear to you, I will never leave you, I will never abandon you, and I will never hurt you. I love you with everything that I have inside me.'

'Don't say that if you can't keep those promises.' I say after the shock of his words wear off and I pull my face back.

'I will spend the rest of my life proving those words to you.' He says while cupping my cheeks and using his thumbs to wipe away the tears.

'You better.' I say before grabbing the back of his neck and pulling his face down to mine so I can kiss him.

****************

I quickly lean over and slap the alarm that is going off beside my bed. Before I can roll over and go back to sleep I hear another alarm the is blaring and look up to see there is another alarm close beside my other one. What the hell, is the only thought going through my head since I darn well know that I only have one alarm clock. As I reach over to slap the second one off I hear something else blaring across my room going off quickly followed by about 10 something going off.

I jerk upright in bed while blearily looking for what in the hell is making all of the noise. I can't help but chuckle a little at the sight. The chuckle doesn't last before I explode in fights of laughter. Most people would be pissed at the sight before me but I can't help but find this hilarious since I know who set it up. Apparently "someone" decided it would be awesome to set up about 15 alarms to go off in my room. I know who this someone is and I hope they are ready for some payback tomorrow morning.

I roll out of bed and stretch before walking over to the alarms and turning them off one by one; smiling the entire time. I have been living with Chris and his family for a couple of months and everyone has been keeping a smile on my face. I haven't even been looking too hard for a place to live since it is so nice to stay here. I used to have sleep overs with Chris all the time so it wasn't uncomfortable at all living with them.

Oh, you're probably wondering what happened with my uncle and my dad. Well my dad is getting help for his drinking; apparently having your brother in law beat the crap out of you tends to open your eyes a bit. It also apparently helps when my father happened to hear everything that I said to my uncle since I was screaming at the time. Don't freak out, it's not like we're all perfect and every thing's forgiven because it's not. I still love him but we're taking things a day at a time. Chris still won't let me go over there and work on the farm without him or someone being with me. It doesn't bother me since I know he loves me as much as he does and he's just worried.

My uncle is back to work but after the whole thing we didn't talk for a little while. It was both of our faults for the whole stop speaking to each other thing since I was nervous and embarrassed that I had spoken to my uncle that way. He felt embarrassed and bad that he had assumed some things. He also told me that he didn't know the whole story on everything that happened when mom died. We both apologised to each other for everything that was said and it's all water under the bridge now.

Everything has changed for me. I don't ever have to worry about being hit, I have a loving boyfriend and two parents who would do anything in the world for me. I couldn't ask for anything else to happen in my life; hell I would've been happy with just the first part. I am still going to school and keeping my grades up. Chris and the football team did pretty good this season. Now that the season's over everyone is pretty much going to parties or hanging out at the creek having a good time.

I walk over to my bathroom that's connected to the room they gave me and after slipping out of my clothes I hop in the shower. I can't help but continue to smile the entire time I wash my hair and body. I haven't been this content and happy in my life since my mother was alive. Don't get me wrong I miss my mom everyday still but the pain is actually starting to lessen but I guess I can put that on Chris. Just thinking about him causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach. I truly love him with every fiber of my being.

As I step out of the shower I dry my body off with a towel before rubbing it crazily through my hair to get as much of the excess water off of I could. I toss the towel in the hamper before slipping on the short silk black robe I bought when I moved in. I can't walk around naked doing my hair if Chris lives in the same; I just have the feeling he'll know I'm naked and rush in here. Laugh all you want but that boy just seems to know if I am the slightest bit indecent.

After tying the robe around my waist I walk back into my room and click play on my County Mix and dance back to the bathroom while Eli Young Band sings 'Crazy Girl'. I love this song and can't help but sing along with it while straightening my hair with my new wet 2 dry straightener. I promise if you have never had this kind you should try! It's so freaking cool! I turn it off and unplug it when I'm done before turning around and heading to my closet. It's a little smaller than the one I have at my dad's house so I couldn't bring ALL of my clothes and shoes. It was sad but Dad said I should keep some there for changing when I'm done working and stuff.

When I open the door to my closet I step in and start sorting through to see what I want to wear to school today. I know I will have to come back home tonight after school since we are having a bonfire at the creek which I'm really excited about. Since it's starting to warm up we have a lot more bonfire's, BBQ's, and hanging out at the creek swimming and joking around. I have to say that Summer is one of my favorite seasons; swimming, hunting, fishing, mudding. Yes you can do some of those things in the other seasons but if you're all honest it's much more fun if you do it in the Summer.

I decide on some white denim cute off shorts, hot pink spaghetti strap with lace on the top and bottom trim, black and pink plaid pearl snap short sleeve shirt to go over the spaghetti strap, black and pink cowboy boots, and clean undergarments. When I walk back in my room I toss the stuff in my arms on my bed and head over to my door to lock it since I obviously forgot last night. I'm shocked to find it locked. I wonder how Chris got in here last night to do the prank if the door was locked? I bet that little butthead figured out how to jimmy it open; I'll have to find out for sure though.

I drop my robe beside the clothes on the bed before starting to slip on the clothes quickly. When I slip the pearl snap I only button it up to under my breasts so you can still see the lace on my spaghetti strap. As soon as I have everything on I walk into the bathroom to adjust everything to make sure it looks ok. I don't want to look like a slut but it's pretty common for girls to wear this when it's starts to warm up. I'm really glad that I chose a hot pink bra so if I do have to take my pearl snap after school it won't look tacky having a black bra or something. Yes I am one of those people that can't stand for the bra to be some crazy color instead of matching. Plus it just looks better to me but to each their own.

I quickly slip on a sterling silver necklace that has a pendent on it with a E engraved in the middle before starting to work on my make up. I keep it pretty light with just some mascara and lip gloss since I'm going to have to add to it for the bonfire tonight. After double checking my reflection I grab my wallet and toss it into my back pack. Before walking out I grab my headphones and cellphone quickly slipping them into my pocket. I keep myself from poking my head out to check the hallway since I don't have to do that anymore but sometimes I forget and do it any way.

I can't help but smile at the scene in front of me when I reach the kitchen. Michelle is in front of the stove cooking eggs, bacon and biscuits, from the smell of it, with Mark behind her kissing her neck causing her to giggle like a teenager. Chris is sat at the table looking at them in disgust and fake gagging but I can see the happiness in his eyes. I know that everyone thinks it's gross to see their parents lovey dovey but I must say that I would do anything to see my parents be able to act mushy one more time.

'Good Morning everyone!' I chirp as I walk over to the table.

When I reach the table I drop my back pack on the floor beside the chair that Chris is sitting in. Before I can take a step toward the seat on the other side of him I'm tugged down into his lap. As soon as I land he wraps his arms tightly around my waist and buries his face in my neck causing goosebumps to pop up everywhere and a shiver to wrack my body. Damn the things this boy can do to my body. Oh, don't get the wrong idea. Just because Chris and I have been living under the same roof doesn't mean anything more than some heavy making out has happened. I'm not saying I don't want it to happen but I have a lot of respect for his parents and I just can't with them under the same roof. Plus we kind of promised and I don't break my promises.

'Good morning Liz Angel.' He murmurs in my ear before lightly nipping my ear lobe with his teeth causing me to bite my bottom lip to stifle the moan that is threatening to slip out.

'Good morning babe.' I say after clearing my throat.

'Did you sleep ok last night?' He asks finally pulling his head where our eyes can meet.

'Yep, how about you?'

'Pretty good; I'm really excited for the bonfire tonight.' He says while his eyes shine with excitement causing me to chuckle.

'I can see that lover boy.' I say before leaning forward and giving him a quick kiss. As soon as my lips touch his he loosens his grip on my waist and I slip out of his lap laughing at his grumbling.

'Good morning dear.' Michelle says from the stove where she is slapping at Mark's hands.

'Good morning Michelle; Mark.' I say walking towards the refrigerator to get some cranberry juice out.

'Good morni- OW! Alright woman now that hurt.'

'Well keep your hands to yourself so I can finish breakfast and I will quit smacking you.' She says trying to sound stern but I can hear the laughter in her voice.

'Well how about you quit smacking defenceless men with wooden spoons.' He replies causing me and Michelle to snort and roll our eyes.

'What are you snorting about, Angel?' Chris asks while I walk back to the table to pour my juice into the glass that is already set out on the table.

'The fact that he says he's "defenseless". I mean seriously; he used to be in the freaking military. He is still in extremely good shape and she's half his size yet he's "defenseless". Yeah and I'm really purple.' I say causing everyone to laugh.

'Hey now!' Mark calls indignantly from behind me.

'Oh hush up.' Michelle says cutting him off causing Mark to pout and head toward his seat at the head of the table.

As soon as breakfast is done I get up and help Michelle get it settled on the table. After saying grace we all start digging in and hardly speaking at all since we all have places to be or we will all be late. If there is one thing this family hates it's being late. I agree but with Mark having been in the military they are all pretty darn prompt. When I'm done eating I hop up and take my plate to the sink. After rinsing it I place my dishes in the dish washer and run back upstairs to brush my teeth. I love eggs and all but no one needs to have egg breath all day; or at least until lunch.

'Alright I'll see you all later.' I say before leaning over and kissing Mark on the cheek. Before leaving the kitchen I give Michelle a kiss on the cheek as well and grab my back pack.

'Have a good day.' They both shout in reply making me smile. I really have loved living in a loving home again. It's pretty chill most days.

'You ready to go Angel?' Chris asks from where he's leaning against the front door.

'Yep, you driving or am I?'

'I am; if that's ok with you.'

'Fine with me lover boy.' I say smiling up at him while he walks toward me and wraps his arm around my waist.

****

'Would you please unlatch yourself from my best friend?' Nicole teasingly groans as she gets out of her car.

Me and Chris are sitting on the tailgate of his jacked up truck. I am wrapped up completely in his arms and leaning my back against him. I can't help but to admit that yes we are latched together at the waist as much as possible. Since I got out of the hospital we do so much together that I can't even begin to  describe it all. He even surprised me by taking me out of town to a massive mall that has a indoor ice rink; which was completely and utterly amazing.

'Unless ya'll need girl time....no.' Chris replies with a big smile on his face.

'Did you heart that?' She gasps looking the picture of shock with her hands clasping her chest, her eyes wide and her jaw dropped open.

'Yeah.' I say rolling my eyes at her antics.

'How sad! Your leaving me here all out in the cold. Choosing a smelly boy over your best friend!' She rants pacing in front of me pouting but I can see the laughter lighting up her eyes.

'A he doesn't smell, B he kisses like a dream and C have you seen these abs?' I ask as I lift up Chris's shirt and pointing.

'Wow, really Angel?' Chris says pulling down my shirt and pouting at me. 'So all I am to you is a piece of meat?'

'Yep, but a really sexy piece of meat.' I reply trying to contain my laughter. When I look up Nicole is looking at Chris with her head tilted to the side.

'Ok, I can understand that. He is prime grade A beef.' She amends causing both she and I to laugh loudly at the choking sound beside me.

'Angel, your really going to let her talk about me like that?' He asks now acting shocked.

'It's not like she's lying lover boy.' I say leaning forward and stealing a quick kiss.

'I guess I can live with that.' He says before reaching his hand forward and wrapping around the back of my neck to pull my lips back to his. 'As long as I can kiss you anytime I want.' He says after pulling away.

'Definitely.' I murmur huskily against his lips staring into his dark blue eyes.

'Good morning everyone!' I hear shout as he walks over to us with a bounce in his step and his arm wrapped around my other best friends waist.

'Holy...' I start.

'Crap...' Nicole finishes making Kathy roll her eyes at us.

'Shut up both of you.' She grumbles from Big Vince's side where she is still tucked into I might add.

'You look so cute together!' I let my thoughts slip out before I can stop them. It's pretty funny watching both of them blush but Big Vince is beaming under the compliment.

'Thank you Liz.' He says giving me a big smile.

'You're very welcome big guy.' I say thoroughly enjoying the blush deepening on both of their faces.

'Alright this is just insane! I need to find me a hottie! See you later E.' Nicole says walking away with just a wave over her shoulder.

I can't help but let the laughter explode out of me when I see her walk determinedly up to a group of football players that actually look slightly intimidated from her approach. I'm thankful that Chris has his arms wrapped around my waist because as I watch her I can't help but continue laughing hard as I watch a few of the guys raise their hands, pale and then Nicole throwing her arms in the air dramatically before walking off.

'Angel you need to breathe.' Chris says while wiping away the tears that have slipped from my eyes.

'D-Did you s-see that?' I hear Kathy choke out laughing along with me.

'Y-yes!' I say before letting the laughter take me over again.

'Do you know why they are laughing so hard?' Big Vince asks while eyeing us like we are aliens from another planet.

'I'm guessing something to do with Nicole stomping around and leaving pale guys in her wake.' Chris says before snorting in amusement.

'Hey Doug, come here for a sec!' Big Vince yells out to one of the guys that Nicole was talking to.

'H-hey what's up man?' Doug splutters.

'Hey man, you ok?'

'Yeah just a little traumatized! I mean did you see Nicole? That girl can be so freaking scary.' Doug says shaking his head while rubbing his neck with his hand.

'O-oh my g-god! You h-have to tell u-us what hap-happened!' I say trying to calm down my laughter.

'Well she came over there with a creepy smile on her face and the first thing she did was ask who was single. We just kind of looked at her and she glared at us so all the single guys raised their hands. Then she asked who would like to take her on a date and when no one answered she started muttering curse words, something about idiotic boys, and "all the good ones with brain cells being taken".' Doug says causing all of us to laugh even harder. When no one spoke Doug kind of awkwardly moved away from us before quickly walking back to his friends.

'Priceless.' Is the first word that comes out of my mouth when I finally quit laughing.

'So proud of her.' Kathy says holding her side from where she got a stitch from laughing too hard.

'She fits in with us so well.' I say smiling widely at Kathy.

'Amen sister.' Kathy nods enthusiastically.

'Alright Liz Angel, time for class.' Chris says where his face is buried in my neck. I have to bite my lip before I can respond since the feel of his heated breath on my neck is giving me goosebumps.

'Ok babe.' I say.

Before I can hop off the tail gate he grabs my hips and moves me over enough where he can get off first. When he's down he turns around and lifts me off of the tail gate causing me to roll my eyes at his antics but on the inside butterflies swarm my stomach. He does things like this all the time, acting like I'm fragile. I can't help but like it and be sort of annoyed by it. I like that he cares enough to be a gentleman like all good southern boys are but at the same time it's annoying because I am pretty tough.

'You ready to go in Angel?' Chris asks looking down at me quizzically; I'm guessing since I was so lost in my thoughts.

'Yeah.' I say and I can't help but chuckle when he throws both of our bags over his shoulder.

'What is that face for?'

'Are you saying there's something wrong with my face?' I ask feigning hurt causing him to roll his eyes and wrap his muscular arm around my shoulder.

'You are a very silly girl and no there is nothing wrong with your face per say but I would like to know what could make an Angel frown.'

'Nothing.' I say shrugging it off.

'You promise? It really did look like something; you know you can talk to me about anything right?' He asks while stopping us from walking any further and cradling my face in his hands.

'I just don't understand why you treat me like I'm made of glass. I've been through a lot and there is no reason that you have to treat me like this. I'm not that fragile if you just look at that happened to me. Don't get me wrong I think you are being super sweet but I just don't understand it all.' I say and close my eyes waiting for him to laugh in my face. After a moment of not getting a response I peek out of one eye only to snap both of them open when I see Chris looking down on me with frustration and hurt.

'Oh Liz Angel, don't you see that's why I treat you the way I do. I treat you like your fragile because that is how you were supposed to have been treated your whole life, especially by your father. You are supposed to be treated like the treasure you really are. I will always be by your side to open doors, help you off tail gates, carry your bag and whatever else you need me for. It's in my job description now that your mine. I love you so much, Angel. I promise one day you will get used to this treatment and that will be reward enough for me.'

******************************************************

Well there it is...sorry I kind of transferred some of my feelings into this chapter...my mind wasn't all in it so if it sucks you're just going to have to forgive me. Please comment & vote & fan if you love this story. Please don't forget to send me book covers to me or you can email them to me at my personal email: lostsmerf@aol.com.

I love you all....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 238 25
[COMPLETED] There are two things you can count on in a small town, bad weather and boys who can make your heart thump faster than a horse's hooves ...
8.3K 423 24
COMPLETED JANUARY 9, 2018 Camryn Louis is the poster child for everything that is perfect in the parent eye. Straight A's, perfect attendance, studie...
HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

918 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...