HARUM SCARUM | kth. [COMPLETE...

By claireathon

She loved, and she loved, until it hurt. Just how much reckless could she be? ♚ AWARDS: 1st place in HER AWAR... More

↣ Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
↣ Appreciating Taehyung
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Epilogue
↣ End
FINAL BOOK

Chapter Thirty-Four

559 39 54
By claireathon

"Good morning!" Jaehee greeted, sitting beside me on the seats. Since cultural week was a week and a half from now, the school decided to put some tables and chairs outside of school so people would have a place to stay when waiting, I guess.

"Good morning." I greeted back, smiling. Ever since she and Jungkook had a 'thing', she ditched wearing her braids and ended up wearing them in a ponytail. It made her look more mature and prettier.

"I stayed up late last night to assign the roles." she said, pulling out a paper and a pen from her bag and placing it in front of us. "I assigned it with my knowledge with you, guys. Like.. the hard roles go to the actors.. and all."

We moved our heads so we could see.

Script writer/narrator: Yoongi

Enjolras - Jungkook

Gavroch - Jimin

Fantine - Mina

Cosette - Suyung

Marius - Taehyung

Eponine - Jaehee

Madame Thernadier - Lisa

Thernadier - Hoseok

Jean Valjean - Seokjin

Inspector Javert - Namjoon

Extra - ??

"Seriously?" Jimin was the first one to speak, Jungkook and Taehyung laughing at the role he got. "I'm going to portray a little kid? Wah.. Jaehee.. why did I get that role?"

I sustained a laughed and turned my head, "Lisa and Mina are here too."

"Look," she started. "I've got a lot to explain on what role each of you got.. Jungkook gives off an Enjolras vibe. No one else'll be able to take Gavroch's role, and we can just make him a teen in the musical we'll be doing."

She continued, "Mina and Lisa agreed on their parts already. They wanted to be of some help, and they love performing arts."

"As for Suyung.. Cosette has two parts, and she'll be around long, and you can probably keep up with that. Along with Taehyung, who seems to be skilfull in acting as well."

"I think I already get why I'm Jean Valjean." Seokjin laughed softly. "He does have the hardest roles and singing parts.. I'll do my best."

Namjoon pursed his lips, "But I don't understand my part."

Jaehee turned her head to look at Namjoon. "You have a deep but stable voice.. it'll take a few days, but you'll be used to singing Javert's parts. Just trust me. And the reason why I chose Hoseok to be Thernadier is because it won't be too hard to him to make a lot of movement at the same time."

Hobi, who seemed to be upset at first, ended up agreeing. "Hmm.. I guess."

"And that left my role with Eponine, I guess." she shrugged.

"You seem really good with this." Namjoon said. "Like you have experience."

She giggled. "My father is a director."

"Anyways.. after class.. let's meet up at the gym.. Everyone should try and persuade others to be part of the extra roles." Taehyung suggested.

"And then we'll start practicing." Namjoon nodded. "After 2 days, us representatives are gonna have to do our own work.."

"I'm going to be doing makeup!" Jaehee beamed.

Taehyung grinned. "Costumes sound fun!"

Namjoon shrugged. "I think I'm gonna stick to practice. You know.. polish everything so far."

Seokjin raised his hand. "Food truck."

"Wah!" I smiled widely, turning to Seokjin. "Don't ever miss practice! And always bring chicken, that's the qualification of being the food truck!"

Seokjin laughed, raising his hands. "Alright."

"Ah!" I started daydreaming. "Chicken.."

"Huhu." Jimin frowned. "If only Yuna looked at me the way she looks at chicken, and looks for me he way she always looks for chicken."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "It doesn't feel the same way, though."

We then talked to each other for a few more good minutes, before hearing the bell ring, signalling that we had to go to our respective places.

And class started.

-

Right after out last class ended, I didn't try to fight the urge of inviting people to the musical. So when Jaehee and I locked eyes, I sent her a knowing look, before quickly pulling her to the front.

Everyone seemed to be excited to exit the classroom. And when I tried to catch their attention by calling for them, they didn't listen. So I clenched my fist and pounded on the blackboard, hard.

"Suyung," Jaehee scolded. "You don't have to do it like this."

"What's the matter, Suyung-ah?" Jihyo, one of the class officers, questioned.

I pursed my lips and scanned the room, watching the people that stared at me.

"I want you guys to participate in this years cultural project." I started. "We chose to do a musical."

Right after what I said, some started bickering and some started whispering to each other.

"Everyone, we want this year to be different." Jaehee spoke up. "The teachers have already agreed for us to do it, and I think it'll be more fun than a speech choir."

"Well, we did expect it to be a speech choir." one of the guys said. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be able to participate."

Soon, others were nodding their heads and blurting out excuses on why they didn't want it to be a musical. "Why not just do a speech choir? Many will join if we do that."

I gritted my teeth. "Because I want this year to be different."

"If it's just going to be another speech choir, it might as well be a school tradition." I started. "There's no surprise. It's so predictable. For years, this school has been doing the same thing over and over again."

"Suyung-"

"But if you don't want it," I pursed my lips. "Then be it. But we're not going to switch our plans into another speech choir. Whoever wants to join in.. raise your hand now."

Everyone was quiet.

They were silent for a few minutes that I ended up sighing and about to walk away, when one of them raised their hand and walked forward. It was Dokyeom.

"I guess it won't hurt to join." he gave us one of his signature smiles. "Me and Minghao are in." he said, pulling forward one of his friends.

"You already got us." Lisa reassured, walking forward with Mina, who gave us thumbs up. Soon, everybody was getting pumped up and changing their minds.

Jaehee, who was beside me, let out a small laugh, turning to me. "You got them, Suyung.. god.. you are just so convincing, aren't you?"

I shrugged and smiled back, motioning over to our classmates, "Go on and instruct them. It's your musical."

She smiled widely. "Alright.. I got this."

I tapped her shoulder, "You do. See you guys at the gym."

I waved goodbye, before exiting the room.

My heart was lighter than before. At least I did something productive, even if it was through words, which was something I wasn't usually good at, but hey! I managed.

I slowly entered the gym, then found myself face to face with a stage, and the boys practicing their lines and listening to the songs they had to do in the stage.

"Hey!" I greeted, jogging over to the stage and walking up. "Is everything going well?"

"Yeah." Taehyung smiled at me, handing me some papers. "Here's your script. Jungkook and Jimin are practicing their lines."

"Lines?" I cocked an eyebrow, turning to look at the two singing their lines out. "Singing their lines.. I guess they do have to practice together."

"And I need to practice with Lisa!" Hobi said out of nowhere. "We're partners in the musical.."

Jin and Namjoon were practicing their lines and verses, too. My brows furrow when I notice an absence in our group. I turned my head to look at Taehyung, who was reading his lines.

"Say.. where's Yoongi?" I questioned, making him look up. His eyes widened as if in realisation, and he made his way to a table, handing me a dosirak.

"I almost forgot about it!" he grinned. "Good thing you reminded me. Yoongi already went home.. he said he would be able to write better lyrics that way. And he also told me to give you that."

I opened the lunchbox to find myself face to face with some chicken fillet and meat.

He laughed softly, "But I think you should eat it later."

I fight the urge to eat it in practice, placing it on one of the nearby tables. Me and Taehyung then sat down on the stage. And I started to read one of my first lines, as a younger Cosette.

"And this is when Marius first meets Cosette.." Taehyung trailed off, pointing to one of the lines, wherein both of our characters finally meet each other.

"And the two end up doing whatever it takes to see each other again.. after you know.. seeing each other for like.. a second." I nodded.

"We need to practice with Jaehee too." I added.

"Gah.. it's a way too tragic love story for Marius and Eponine." Taehyung said, as he laid down on the stage, an arm under his head, reading the script.

"Because Eponine ends up dying to save Marius' life," I recalled, and yet again, my memory never failed to amaze me. "It may not be as relatable for others, but losing someone you just realised you love at that moment.."

"At that moment they're on the verge of death.. when you can't do anything to bring back the past.." I bite my lip, seeing Taehyung sit up and stare at me worriedly. I forced a smile and sighed.

"Oh god, I didn't mean that." I laughed awkwardly, before looking down on my script. "Let's just start practicing."

He was about to say something, but stopped himself from doing so.

Throughout the whole afternoon, we continued practicing, until all of us memorised at least 2 songs. Me and Taehyung were already getting the hang of it, and according to Namjoon, we were doing great.

When one of our scenes started, I made my way to the stage, singing my heart out.

"A heart.. full of love, no fear, no regret!" I sang, the lyrics arranging itself line by line in my head. I thanked myself for having such good memory.

Taehyung approached me, "My name is Marius Pontmercy."

I turned to him, "And mine's Cosette."

We continued to do our scene until we reached the scene wherein I dropped a key for him to find me again, which he picked up, as Seokjin, who was portraying as my father, pulled me from him.

"Good!" Namjoon clapped, grinning. "We've done well!"

"Agreed." Hobi nodded, sitting on the floor, wiping his forehead with his towel. "I'm confident Jaehee has also guided your class well!"

"I'm sure." I said.

"I guess we'll be practicing separate from her, then." Jungkook shrugged, before turning to me. "Yuna, you can go home without me. I'm gonna go visit her." and with that, he waved goodbye and exited the gym.

"At least he isn't dense anymore." Namjoon scoffed. "Anyways.. I suggest that we go home in pairs.. you know, with your partner. Hoseok, you should start practicing with Lisa."

Hobi looked up, before nodding. "Got it."

"We're off." Seokjin smiled, waving at us.

Hobi turned to Taehyung, "No things I wouldn't like.. alright?"

I laughed softly and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Go home safe."

He sighed and nodded as well, and soon, me and Taehyung started walking out of the school.

"Suyung.." he trailed off.

I turned my head, "Yeah?"

"I hope you don't mind me asking.." he started, looking away, before glancing at me again. "But.. can you tell me about that special someone you lost?"

--

Honestly feel like Taehyung can be nosy and a bit too curious--

And woaaah

I guess he's gonna end up knowing too.. huh? Unless Suyung avoids it, of course!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 2K 8
❝Are you in love with her? Or are you just infatuated with her?❞
76.6K 3.3K 34
[COMPLETED] "Before someone can love someone else, they must first love themselves." *trigger warning* Eating disorder.
164K 8.3K 26
𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙬𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚. 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚, 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙖 𝙗𝙞...
51.3K 1.8K 42
Park Jimin felt his first heartbreak at the age of 14 when Min Yoongi, his childhood bestfriend, leaves him without a word. 4 years later Yoongi came...