Just a Façade|| ✔️

By heresurramenbro

[TG Various x Ghoul!Reader] (f/l) (l/n), as known as Purple Phoenix by the CCG. Rebellious, flirtatious and... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Info About The Characters
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 1 1
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N (Important!)
A/N (Another sorry!)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Ayato's Ending
Kaneki's Ending
Hide's Ending
Alternate Ending
A Year And A Half

Chapter 15

3.1K 95 95
By heresurramenbro

Final decision: I'm going to follow the anime plot! 

If you didn't read the last two A/N... Don't read them, just act like they don't exist! And if you read it just forget about them. 

But there are two things of the Manga that I'm going to use: 

1) Hide works with Amon and Akira, so don't think that I made up what I wrote there. 

2) Kaneki isn't as emotionless as he is in the anime, and I'm going to use this fact in the story also. So if you think that Kaneki is acting strange in this chapter remember that he isn't OOC. 

​​​​​​Good reading! <3 

​​​​​​__________________________________________________

Then he leaned forward and​​​​​​... 

He stopped himself just when your lips were a few centimetres apart. Instead he moved upwards and placed a gentle kiss on your forehead. 

Your cheeks flushed red. 

What happened? Was he about...? 

You couldn't stop thinking about it, and Kaneki finally let you go with a sigh. Then he sat on the table, looking out of the broken window. 

You just looked at him frozen. Then you shook your head. 

No way... He's my best friend...

You walked to him and sat close beside him.

You looked down and thought about what he had just said. 

_

"But don't worry. I won't let you die in cochlea and you will keep your promise. You will return to the old (f/n) I knew"

​​​​​​_

"Ne, Kane-kun..." you whispered. 

He looked at you with his soft grey eyes. 

"Yes, (f/n)-chan?" 

"Why do you want so much me to return like my old self? I mean, I'm already sweet and all with you-"

"It's not enough" Kaneki cut you off. You looked at him widening hour eyes. 

"Uh?"

"I want you to be like you were once, with everyone. Isn't it uncomfortable to always have a mask on? The only thing I want is you to be happy, and if you behave faking your personality...sooner or later you'll become depressed, not being capable to express what you are feeling" he said and looked away. 

You widened your eyes. 

He wants me to be happy...? 

You felt your eyes water again. 

"Kane-kun..." you let out in a trembling voice. 

He suddenly turned to you with a more serious expression. 

"(f/n)... You won't die and I won't either. I'll kill everyone in our way if necessary"

You felt a knot in your throat, but it wasn't because you were happy, no. This time you just wanted to cry because the old Kaneki himself had refused to kill a Dove because he didn't want to become a murderer. 

You let out a shaky breath. 

"Why would you go that far for me?" you managed to say.

He looked down for a few moments. Then he lifted his gaze and looked at you straight in the eyes. 

"Because I-"

Suddenly the door slammed open and non other than Ayato peeked in. 

You turned your gaze to him and noticed that he was clenching his fist. 

"Eto wants to discuss about the attack" he said and he left. 

Kaneki stood up and walked to the door, you following close behind. 

"What were you saying?" you asked Kaneki. 

"It doesn't matter" he answered. 

"If you say so..." You muttered. 

​​​​​​Ayato's POV 

Tch. And Eto even wanted me to apologise? Fuck her. And now she wants me to call her and Eyepatch and tell them that she wants to discuss about the attack... Do it by yourself, damn!  

After the fight with (f/n), she went somewhere with Eyepatch... They were surely in his room, so I decided to go there. 

Why do I even want to go there? 

I stopped in front of the door, and put my ear on it to eavesdrop their conversation. 

"(f/n)... You won't die and I won't either. I'll kill everyone in our way if necessary" 

I widened my eyes and clenched my fists in anger. 

"Why would you go that far for me?"

This was certainly (f/n)'s voice, but it sounded... different, like she was another person with the same voice. 

"Because I-"

I widened my eyes more. 

No. 

I slammed the door open, and, trying to control my anger, I said:

"Eto wants to discuss about the attack" and then I left. 

I don't know what was happening in that room, but I don't like it. 

Back to your POV 

You and Kaneki walked into the main room, where all the Aogiri members were sitting, except from Tatara and Noro, who were standing, facing all the ghouls. Also there was Eto sitting beside Tatara, and Ayato sitting beside Noro, and they were also facing you. 

Obviously because they were the bosses. 

And I am too. 

​​​​​​Yep, before you had left Aogiri Tree, you used to be a boss, but unfortunately Tatara kept you always with Ayato, making you fight over 'who is the boss'. 

"In the attack we will be divided in squads, like always, one lead by me, one by Noro and Eto, and one by Kirishima" Tatara said. 

Uh?! 

"Oi, what about me?!" you shouted. 

Everyone turned their heads in your direction. 

"I'm a boss too!" you added. 

"Correction. You were a boss. What did you expect from escaping? That when you would've come back you would've had the same position as before?" Tatara said in a cold tone. 

"But-" you tried to protest, but Tatara cut you off.

"You're Kirishima's subordinate from now on" 

Your mouth fell open. 

"Y-you-" 

"You have no right to protest, you're just an ordinary member" Tatara said. 

You gritted your teeth and glared at Ayato, your body trembling in fury, while he was just looking at you smirking. 

You were about to jump on him, but Kaneki held you back, so you just sat down with him, not listening to whatever Tatara was saying about the plan. 

Why him?! It's not fair, goddammit! I used to be a boss here! 

~Time skip~

When everyone stood up, you did too, even if you hadn't heard half of what was said. 

You immediately stormed out of the room, when a hand grabbed your wrist and spun you around. 

You immediately sulked more when you saw that smirking face. 

"What the fuck do you want" you whispered. 

"(f/n), you're my subordinate now, you must respect me and call me master, unless you want to be punished" he said. 

Fury took over you and you punched Ayato right in the face, not able to hold back. 

"Remember that I will never consider myself one of your subordinates, unless we are on a mission" you said as you walked away. 

Ayato just remained still, holding his nose. 

Hide's POV 

I was delivering packs at the CCG as always, when I stopped to talk to Takizawa, who looked a bit upset and was eating his lunch alone. 

"Hey, what's up?" I asked. 

He looked at me with his sulking face. 

"Oh, Nagachika. Nothing, I guess... The usual..." he said. I sighed. 

"Oh yeah, Juuzou and Akira-San, you've already told me about that" I said grinning. 

"Yes! It's like how! Akira is of my year and Juuzou is even younger and-" 

"Yeah, yeah, you've already told me..." I said. 

He was about to say something else when I heard my name being called. 

"Nagachika" 

I turned to see one of the ghoul investigators gesturing me to come. 

Without saying anything, he lead me to the boss office. 

I just stood in silence in front of Marude's desk, wondering what I had done wrong. 

"I'm sorry... Did I do something wrong?" I asked smiling nervously, scratching my cheek. 

Ma rude smirked, but then his face returned serious. 

"Before of the attack to the 11th ward, an anonymous caller told us about the place where the ghoul organisation was...and they helped a lot, really, without their help we would've attacked at least two weeks later..." he started and I froze. 

"Tell me... Was it you?" he than asked, looking at me straight in the eyes. 

I looked down, before looking at him again and answering. 

"Yes, it was me. I had heard a lot about it on TV, and I wanted to help the CCG out, but without putting my life in risk... So I thought that if I could be somehow useful..." I said. That wasn't the whole truth, but they looked convinced. 

"And how did you find out?" Marude then asked. 

"Well, I just liked to pretend to be a detective, so I stalked the people who looked suspicious... And I happened to hear a conversation..."

~Flashback~

I put on some clothes that were on a ghoul corpse, to make me smell like one and don't look suspicious to the others two. 

I had good reasons to stalk them, in fact they looked a lot suspicious. 

One was something like two times bigger than a normal human being, he had a large face, and his eyes looked cruel and sadistic. 

The other was obviously a man, but he was dressed like a woman and he wore makeup. 

They were just sitting on a table, and I was hiding behind the wall, listening to them. 

"What are we gonna do at Anteiku, Yamori?" asked the first one. 

"I've already told you Nico, we have to get Rize, or the one who smells like her, but I think we will find someone else there" the large one, Yamori, said. 

'Anteiku? Rize? The one who smells like her... Kaneki! And who's the other one...?' 

I thought, listening more attentively. 

"Who are you talking about?" Nico questioned. 

"Who do you think I'm talking about? (f/n), obviously! Ha! It will be a great spectacle if she and Ayato meet there, eheh, it would end up with a fight for sure!" Yamori said. 

"Don't you think they would make a great couple? Maybe they will kiss instead" Nico said. 

"Don't be stupid, you and all that bullshit" Yamori said. 

I froze in my spot and started sweating. 

'What? What do they want from (f/n)? And who is this Ayato?' 

"Aww Yamori, you're not romantic~~wait so Ayato went there too?" Nico asked. 

"Yes, he even offered to go there, maybe because he also hopes to get to find (f/n) there, and take her back with us in Aogiri Tree" 

​​​​​​'Aogiri tree? So they're a part of them. Oh, yep, (f/n) had said that she was from that organisation, even if I wasn't supposed to hear that...' 

I shook my head lightly, I didn't want to remember when she had fought to protect me from another ghoul. 

"Well, let's go and get done with that stuff, so we will be able to return as sooner as possible to the 11th ward" Nico said. 

​​​​​​'The 11th ward? Bingo' 

I thought as I went away. 

~Flashback end~

I told Marude all of that, a part from the part where they were talking about (f/n) or Kaneki, obviously. I still had no idea of who that 'Ayato' guy was, but I didn't even care. 

"Mhm, I see" he said. Then the door opened to reveal Akira and Amon. 

"What is it, Marude-san" Amon said. 

"Starting today, Nagachika will work with you" Marude said and I widened my eyes. 

Akira's expression remained the same, while Amon looked irritated. 

"What? Seriously?!" I exclaimed. 

"Yes, now leave please" 

We left the office and I put my hand out. 

"I'm Nagachika Hideyoshi, but you should already know that, glad to work with you!" I said exited. 

Akira smiled slightly and shook my hand. 

"Mado Akira, glad to work with you" she said. 

Then Amon shook my hand too. 

"Amon Koutaro, hope we get along well" he said. 

"So, Nagachika, shall the three of us have dinner together?" Akira asked. Amon made a shocked expression, but I gladly accepted. 

I'm only doing this for you, Kaneki... (f/n)... 

​​​​​​______________________________________

Hope you liked it, see you in the next chapter!

-Giulia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 954 18
(Y/n) is like any other ghoul. She feeds on humans to stay alive. One day when she does out to feed she gets jumped by CCG invesigators. One of the i...
7.2K 166 18
"You're finally awake!" "wh-who are you?" After a terrible incident, y/n and Kaneki have reached a challenging part in their lives. will they strive...
139K 4.3K 43
"He left me. I thought he was dead and gone... I believed that for so long..." When (Y/N) suddenly finds herself in a.. "Tight" situation, what'll ha...
18.2K 330 12
Cover Art Drawn By: Sui Ishida (I think?) Edited by: me It's feels weird writing fanfics again ,but imma just do it anyway (pls tell me if I have w...