Unexpected Love

By TopBeliever

Alex is just trying to get through senior year but her school bully, Mitchie, is starting to show some differ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

127 9 0
By TopBeliever

This morning I didn't really need an annoying buzzing alarm to wake me up. I couldn't help but be awake all night. I'm so lost in my thoughts. These past couple of days seem like a dream. Since when is my life interesting?

Once Mitchie dropped me off last night, I haven't stopped thinking through this whole situation. Mitchie says she'll leave me alone in school, but would also have to avoid me and pretend that I don't exist for her precious "reputation." I don't feel like that is a good enough excuse. I'd rather be bothered by her all day than to just be ignored and nonexistent. This is a no win-win situation for me.

I sigh and roll over on my small twin bed. I see the bright, green digital numbers on my alarm clock. 5:30 AM. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself. I'm going to look like a zombie at school today. Even more of a reason for Mitchie to avoid me.

I honestly don't think I should bury myself deeper into this with her. It's moving too fast for my liking and too much out of my comfort zone. I don't want to get hurt...

I just have a bad idea about all of this. I feel my heart dropping with the thought of telling Mitchie this. I know she'll protest. But I can't let this go further. I can't let myself lose sight of school either. I want to go to college. I want to get out of this house and live in a dorm. Make new friends. Start anew. I can't do that with Mitchie being the most daring yet confusing distraction in front of me. I need to talk to her. I need to end this.

There goes the alarm. It's crazy how quick minutes go by while being all cuddled up and warm in bed. I really don't want to get up and face this day.

After a huge stretch and an obnoxiously loud yawn I get up and put together the most convenient outfit I see. A simple black t-shirt, a navy zip-up sweater, black leggings and a pair of black converse. After getting dressed and looking in the mirror, I can't help but laugh at myself. I legit look like I just got back from a drug binge. Oh well. Maybe some sunshine outside will wake me up. Or melt me. Nah I'm kidding.

As I walk out the door I see Mitchie staring at me from her car window. "Hey Russo, you look like shit. How about we ditch today?"

Maybe this is a good idea. If we're alone then maybe I can tell her how I'm feeling about us being a "thing" and how we really can't be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 5.2K 29
{مُسْتمِرة} {مترجمة} كِيمْ تَايْهِيُونْغْ فِي عَلَاقَةٍ سِرِّيَّةٍ مَعَ الْمُدِيرِ التَّنْفِيذِيِّ الَّذِي يَعْمَلُ لَدَيْهِ. جِيُونْ جُونْغِكُوكْ...
1M 55.7K 35
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
36.3K 748 48
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
558K 16.8K 70
"I'm going to fart on your pillow," Glen promised her, crossing his arms. "Do that and I'll tell Francis that you broke his lucky chain." Hayes mirro...