Out Of Sight, Always In Mind!

By DoctorWhoWrites

Keya Sharma was orphaned at ten, but her life only shattered after the death of her brother. She was brought... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
SAM's Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 : The Party Begins
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 : Part 1
Chapter 20 : Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 : The Facebook Freud
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 : Part 1
Chapter 24 : Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 : ..and they said It! <3
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Teaser :: Chapter 36
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 : Part 1
Chapter 42 : Part 2
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 : Part 1
Chapter 45 : Part 2
Chapter 46 :: The Bachelors
Chapter 46 :: Aanya and Raj
Chapter 46 :: Tanya and Krish
Chapter 46 :: Keya and Vivan
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chpt 50 : 100k reads Special!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 :: Raj's Reality
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 - Only If..
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 27

2.4K 81 10
By DoctorWhoWrites

"Shh.. let me hear that!," Tanya who had her ear against the bedroom door said to Krish, Aarav and Anya who were making a fuss behind her.

The next moment Anya was next to her too and Krish and Aarav got on their toes and pressed their ears against the door.

"Oh my god! They finally said it!!," Tanya squealed.

"And I win! I see a treat coming!," Anya told Aarav.

"Yeah yeah. You'll get it. I seriously thought Keya would say it first!," he replied.

Tanya was so happy and she knew only one person would be happier than her, Krish. She looked at him and noticed him leaning against the wall looking at the floor.

"Woah.. is that a tear I see?," she was surprised. Krish had got emotional.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this day. Keya has selflessly been there for me for like forever, and she had almost lost faith in finding someone for herself. She believed in love but not that she could fall in love again. She never showed but I have seen it in her eyes sometimes, how much she wanted this. She has finally given herself a second chance. I am out of my mind," said Krish.

Tanya smiled and replied, "Krish its just because of your support and love that she could take this decision. You are the best best friend she could get."

Aarav spoke, "Plus Vivan is a great guy. I'm sure he will take care of her well."

"But no one can date our girl just like that. There's something we need to do, isn't there Aarav?," Krish asked.

Aarav smirked, "There totally is.. let's go in!"

Our girl?, Tanya wondered, so Aarav and Krish were bonding and she had no clue about it!

"Wait!.", she said, "We are not ruining their moment. Stay outa there."

Anya crossed her, "Says the one who was the most keen on eavesdropping!"

"Guys.. eavesdropping is one thing and dropping onto them another! We are not going in there," Tanya was firm.

Krish and Aarav looked at each other and nodded. Tanya tilted her head while both of them started taking slow steps towards her.

"Both of you stop right there!," Tanya said and starting retreating till her back touched the door.

"Chal hatta saawan ki ghatta. I don't think we will," said Krish.

Keya didn't fail to hear the fuss outside. she sighed and said, "Get ready for some big level nonsense."

Vivan raised his eyebrow and the next moment the bedroom door swung upon with the four of them falling on one another.

Within a second, they straightened up and started fumbling with what to say, all talking at the same time.

Vivan tried to suppress his laughter while Keya called out, "If you guys done then just come here now!"

Four of them scurried next to Vivian's bed and stood silent.

Krish and Keya looked at each with a faint smile which soon built into a big one. Vivan couldn't help but notice the unspoken words between the two.

"What? Congratulate us. We are together now!," Keya teased her friends.

"Congratulations!," Tanya was the first one to excitedly say and hug Keya. Everyone took their turn to hug her, Krish being the last. He continued to hold her and asked, "You happy?"

She smiled and nodded as Krish kissed her forehead.

Vivan looked at his fractured and pouted, "This ain't fair! I don't get any hugs!"

Anya replied, "Oh look at you! Not even a few minutes into a relationship and you are already complaining!"

Everyone laughed as Tanya pulled Vivan's cheek and said, "You cheek can definitely get some hugs! Do not hurt our princess!"

"Not a chance!," he told her and then asked the boys, "So? Aren't you two gonna give me an ultimatum or something?"

Krish smirked, "Well I have nothing to say. But am sure Aarav does." He looked at Aarav who took a minute to realize what he meant.

"Oh yeah," Aarav spoke, "Keya remember the day when you had told Sameer about us?"

"How can I not! I was so terrorized that day! I pick up all my courage and tell him that I love someone. He just nods, gives me a deadly look and storms off!"

Aarav then told Vivan, "Well supposedly, after he stormed off, he came to the basketball court where we boys were having a game! He comes, grabs my jersey, pins me against the wall and says, 'I don't know why but my sister thinks she loves you! And I don't care what she'd think but if you hurt her even a bit, I'll break all your bones and make you permanently handicapped! The only guy who has the right to boss her is me! You always listen to her or I'll make sure you won't even be able to listen to yourself. And dare if you touch her!'. After that he let go and left. I didn't even get to say anything and be that heroic boyfriend who talks up to the devil brother"

Krish snorted and said, "I was next. Since he was my girlfriend's brother, Sam said he would hold me responsible! But then like the sweet person he was, he also asked me how Aarav was as a person. But trust me, he had terrorized all three of us!"

Keya added, "This guy actually hadn't touched me for a week!"

Everyone laughed. "And this girl never left one opportunity to blackmail me," said Aarav, "The point is, though Sam ain't here now, you have the two of us to be worried about."

"Make that three!," Aanya smirked.

"Don't know about you guys but she is the one I'm definitely gonna be scared about!," Vivan acted horrified.

"It's time for Mr. Rathod's medicines," the nurse knocked on the door and said.

"I'll take care of it. You may leave for the day," Keya smiled at the nurse who smiled back and left.

"Goodness! Its late! We should get going," Tanya said. Everyone agreed and started saying goodbye.

Keya got Vivan his medicines and a glass of water.

"I'll go?," she softly asked him.

"Stay," he almost whispered.

Keya looked at Krish who was looking at them.

"What? Come home and ask Mom!," he answered her unasked question. How the hell can they do that???, Vivan again marveled at their speechless communication.

"I don't think there would be a problem if she stays.. Anyway it's not just Vivan's arm that can't be up for a couple of days!," who else could say this other than Aanya and make everyone burst into laughter.

Krish and Keya laughed all the way home.

"Aanya is crazy. Her tongue has no bone!," Krish said as they entered the house.

"We're home!," Keya called out and continued to laugh.

"My babies!," Mom appeared, "Was just about to call you guys.. How is Vivan?"

"He is better. I think we did a good thing by bringing him home," said Keya.

"Yeah. The doctor told me he could have some liquid food from tomorrow. I'm gonna make soups for him from tomorrow. You guys go change and come for dinner. Your Dad is home early tonight."

Once in the room, Keya asked Krish, "Why didn't you say anything to Vivan?"

Krish replied, "What are you talking about?"

"You very well know what!" Keya said and sat on the bed.

Krish came and sat next to her and said, "To be honest, I didn't find the need to. I have a feeling Vivan already knows what we mean to each other, referring to the Australia scenario, thanks to you!"

Keya smiled and Krish continued, "Also I don't want to come in between you relationship again."

"Shut up! Stop blaming yourself for what happened with Aarav. Its done and dusted. Krish you are my best friend and you have the full right to have a say in my life. We've been together since I couldn't talk or walk. Who would know better than you what's good for me and not?," Keya explained him.

"I know okay. I know. But your happiness is what matters to me the most and I'm not gonna risk it this time at any cost!," he said clearly.

Keya knew there was no point in arguing with Krish.

"Let's go," she said and they went for dinner.

Keya was nudging Krish every minute at the dinner table. "What?," he whispered.

She frowned and pointed at Mom and Dad with her eyes. Krish's lips formed an 'O' and then he spoke, "So Keya are you going back to Vivan's place?"

"Why will she go back?," Mom asked.

"Actually Mom, Vivan does not want to stay alone. He needs company. Aarav and Sahil both have a lot of work and also he listens only to me. So he asked if I could, you know, stay over," Keya at last said. She had a feeling they won't deny but you never know.

Mom and Dad looked at each other and then Mom spoke, "You can go but what's the need to stay? Just come over when he sleeps. And don't you have office?"

Before Keya could say anything Dad replied, "That would be too hectic for her. Let her stay there. Its her own house after all." He winked at Keya and then added, "Just figure something out about your work."

"Yeah am gonna work from home for a couple of days and I just need to go to the hospital for a couple of hours every day. I can manage," Keya quickly explained.

Mom agreed, "Fine. You may go. Reema will also feel nice if my daughter is staying there."

So it was decided. Keya packed a small bag and told Krish to drop her.

"Going home only right?," Keya asked after getting down from the bike.

Krish took a while to answer, "Umm yes."

"No you are not," Keya smiled devilishly.

"Get lost! Go meet your 'boyfriend'," Krish teased causing her to blush.

"And you have fun too," she said walking away.

Krish as Keya had assumed went to Tanya's house. He parked his bike on the road and leaned against it. He called up on her phone but he kept getting a busy tone.

Who the hell is she talking to, and can't she notice my call and tell the other person to hold for a while?, Krish frowned. He then decided to go up to the room but not conventionally.

Tanya after her dinner realized that her purse was missing so she called Aarav assuming it might be in his jeep.

"Hello my sweetheart. Missing me already?," Aarav answered.

"Oh shut up you! Go check if my purse is in your jeep!," she told him.

"I'm on my bed right now! You seriously think I'll take so much of pain?"

"Aarav don't mess with me now please! I'm already so tired.!"

There was laughter on the other end of the line and Tanya knew Aarav was purposely messing up with her.

She was getting a second call and when she saw it was Krish, she hurriedly replied, "Krish is calling. You go check the jeep okay! Bye!"

"Wait!!!!!," Aarav screamed through the phone.

"What the EF! My ears!!"

"Don't. Don't hang up! Let him be on waiting! I'm on my way to the jeep. But don't hang up!"

"Aarav don't! Let's not play this game anymore ya!"

"You shut up! You are way too innocent. Do as I say! please!!!"

Tanya groaned, "Fine!"

"You are going to thank me for this later! Trust me!"

"Yeah that or I'll be murdering you!"

"Important call huh?," Tanya jumped on hearing Krish's voice who was at the balcony door.

"Damn! You scared me!," she took a deep breath.

Aarav spoke, "He is in your room? epic! Now say 'Aarav I'll talk you later'"

Tanya did accordingly, "Aarav I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Yes baby its okay. I love you so much," he replied and laughed.

"Yeah yeah Bye!," she finally hung up.

"Can't you guys use the door like ever?," she told Krish and walked towards him.

"We guys? Umm well, I just find it convenient. Don't know about the 'others'," Krish replied.

They walked into the balcony and stood by the railing.

"So Aarav huh?," Krish asked.

"Umm.. yeah.. actually.. umm.. had some work with him!," Tanya was feeling terribly guilty.

"Oh its okay!," Krish said. He could stop it from showing up but he was jealous.

"So what brings you here?," Tanya asked.

"Oh I just thought that we haven't had a talk since a long time and amidst this mess, it would be refreshing to spend some time with you," he honestly replied.

Tanya smiled, "You think right! Even I could use some change! Stay here. I'll get us some coffee!"

"Sure," he said and asked, "Where's the brat?"

"Manya is out on a business trip so she has taken up her room! Some peace I'm getting!," Tanya replied. She got the coffee and both of them sat in the balcony chatting for hours.

..

Keya hopped her way to Vivan's bedroom. Sahil was in there and there was a file open which they supposedly were discussing.

"What the!," Keya exclaimed, "This is so not allowed!!"

She went and snatched the file and glared at the two of them.

"I told him! He wouldn't listen!," Sahil raised his hands.

Keya gave Vivan deadly looks.

"I'm outa here!," Sahil took the file, "I'll let you two love birds rest now!"

Keya gave him a pat on his head, "Why do I always end up with your close friends?"

They laughed as Sahil replied, "It's just my influence you see!"

"Bubye!," he said and left.

"All of you guys are crazy!," Vivan said.

"That we are!"

"Come here," he said placing his hand in air.

Keya placed her hand in his and sat next to him.

"So we are together now?," Keya said.

"I think we are," he said kissing the back of her hand.

"You think you can keep up with a girl like me? I'm definitely not like those you've dated in the past," Keya smirked.

"You definitely are not. None of those girls had such cool friends and a wonderful family. No one had a heart as pure as your. No one had that innocence in their eyes. No one could make me think about them all day! And I never felt for any of them like I'm feeling for you now"

Keya couldn't control her blush but she somehow recollected herself and replied, "It won't be easy. You are right. I'm not like those other girls. I'm way more moody and bossy and demanding and I don't tolerate nonsense."

"Anything else Ma'am?"

"Yes. You are going to listen to me forever! I'm good at punishing otherwise!," Keya smirked again.

Forever, Vivan thought and smiled. Just a month ago he was laughing at his Mom for telling him that he'd find "her" here. Now he knew, what she meant by "her".

A girl whose mere presence made a difference to him. A girl whose non stop babbling didn't bother him. A girl who could make him listen.

"Why are you staring at me like that?," Keya got shy.

Vivan smiled and replied, "Coz I can! Keya this might be the first serious relationship I'll have"

Serious. First. Relationship. Keya had forgotten the feel of those words. Only she knew how she was controlling the butterflies in her stomach.

They talked for about an hour until Vivan first yawned. Keya softly asked him to sleep but he said he wanted to talk more. Keya finally widened her eyes at him and he gave up.

"Alright Alright!," he said and Keya helped him lie down. She felt sad about how Vivan had to be dependent on others now but she was determined to help him get well as soon as he could.

"I love you," he said.

"Love you too," she gave him a peck and pulled the covers on him. Vivan was gonna have a peaceful sleep tonight. He had got what he wanted after all.

Keya rearranged the messy room and changed her clothes. She had slept quite a lot earlier in the day so she brought a book along to read. She was in no mood to work and she was already leading in it.

Keya turned out the lights and adjusted the temperature of the room. She lit the small lamp next to the couch and was about to sit when the television screen lit up. It was a Skype call from Vivan's mother.

Instead of letting it go unanswered and worrying her, Keya chose to answer and tell her. She switched on the nearby light and answered the call.

"Hello Aunty," she said as Vivan's Mom appeared on the screen, "Vivan just slept actually. I'm.. "

"I know who you are," Reema smiled and continued, "Gauri told me you would be here. And even if she hadn't, I'd recognize you. The same hair, the same eyes, the same voice. I feel like am talking to Priya herself."

"You remember my Mom?," Keya asked.

"Every bit of her. She was the most special person. And your dad, he was my best friend. Say just like Krish and you," she smiled.

"Can.. Can you tell me?," Keya softly asked controlling her excitement.

"Yes dear. Come take a seat," Reema told her.

Keya grabbed a bean bag and sat close to the TV. Then began an hour of chatter. Reema told Keya about their college days and Keya told her everything she remembered from her childhood. Reema realized that Keya was very much like her mother, nature-wise too. Reema who had long forgotten how badly she wanted a daughter, was feeling amazing. She longed to have such a girl talk. She no longer felt daughter-less coz her best friend's daughter was hers too. Keya saw Vivan budge on the bed couple of times thus they decided to hang up and talk some time later.

Reema knew her son was in great hands. She didn't know if there was something going on between the two but she would be the happiest if there was. She smiled as she remembered how as teenagers they used to make plans of marrying their children with each other.

After hanging up, Reema walked to her wardrobe and got out an ancient box. In the box were some old antique jewelry. She got out two bangles, made of gold and studded with diamonds. Keya could have anything in this world and Reema could give her that too but no gift would mean more to her than something related to her mother.

Priya had given her those bangles on her wedding. Priya's last gift to her. Reema valued it a lot and there lots of emotions attached to those bangles. Its not that she did not want to cherish those memories anymore, but she knew that those memories would become more permanent when these bangles make Keya as happy as they had made Reema. Its the emotions and feelings that Reema wanted to pass on to Keya and not mere articles.

She even saw the necklace Gauri had given and made a note to give it to Krish's wife. These kids had no shortage of money or possessions, what they needed was love and affection. It wasn't that she didn't value those gifts anymore but the way those gifts had given her happiness, she wanted that happiness to be passed on to the next generation.

Reema got the bangles packed in a beautiful box and went to Varun. Varun's room was messier than usual.

'I leave you to your packing once in my life and this is what happens!," she kept one hand on her hip.

"But guess what? Am all packed, except for a few things, and ready to leave!," Varun jumped out from his bed.

Reema got slightly emotional, "This house would become so empty now."

"Ohh Mom!!," Varun walked up to her and hugged her, "Don't worry. I've myself went to the embassy and met the officers. Your passport would be out soon! Vansh Bhaiyya too got cleared. Then dad and you can be with all three of us, that too in India!"

Reema had been waiting for that to happen since ages. She kept her free hand on his shoulder and spoke, "When did my Lil one become so responsible?"

Varun rubbed the back of his head and blushed, "I always was but with those two in the house I chose not to be. Look if you want, I'll wait and we can go together."

"No. Your brother needs you. I just got emotional. Never mind," she said placing a hand on his cheek.

"Alright. What's that?," he smiled asked Reema on spotting the box.

"This is a gift! I need you to give this to Keya. You know her right?," she replied.

"Um yeah.. I know her from Facebook.. But may I know why is she getting a gift. Is Vivan planning to marry her or something?," Varun was astonished.

Reema laughed at her son's Bollywood influence and told him about her friends and the Skype call with Keya. She started helping Varun with his packing and when he was keeping the box in his suitcase she said, "Careful with that!"

"Oh come on Ma! You just said I were responsible!," Varun pouted and Reema laughed.

It would have been years since when she had been convincing her husband to relocate to India and he adamantly kept refusing. But now, she was again feeling hope. How much ever she tried, London would never feel home.

India had already changed Vivan. Apart from the accident, there had been no complaints about his rash driving or late night partying. She wondered if Keya had a role to play in it. She couldn't wait to go down and see for herself. 

..

so sorry for the late upload but med school is hectic :(

Thank you to all my dear readers for your patience and support :)

Also thank you for following :)

Next uploaded sooner than this. Tomorrow maybe? ;)

Get ready for new charachters and an exciting twist :P

Please do comment. Comments are my biggest motivations.

Love,

Purva <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 139K 130
'Love has the power to tender the broken, but self love has the power to change' Sequel to 'It was Always you' This is the story of Arjun's Beloved...
136K 6.3K 52
"I've always heard addiction is something that adapts you , it's like a cage that traps you in , you have no way out once you get in , no matter how...
16.9K 728 39
TRENDING:- 1st rank in 'Lawyer' category out of 1.59 k stories. 2nd rank in 'Mumbai' category out of 1.31 k stories. 3rd rank in 'dream come true' ca...