Call me Xerxes

By AshleyXXS

"My eyes widened when I felt arms sneak around my waist trapping me in his hold. I felt his breath down my ne... More

Important Information
Copyright
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XX
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI

Chapter XVII

71.2K 1.8K 232
By AshleyXXS

Luretica

I feel betrayed as I look him in the eyes. He knew, and yet he kept it a secret, why? We are mates. We are supposed to share everything.

I block him away from the mindlink and emotion. I badly wanted to push him away, but that would only make him angry, and I do not want that. He growls when he senses that I have blocked him and tighten his grip on my wrist.

Amy hollowed inside me, wanting to claw her way out, but I refuse. He knew. "Why?" I ask, hearing my voice filled with betrayal and disappointment. He frowns, unsure of what I am speaking of. He is a great actor.

"Why did you not tell me?" I asked again with anger. I wanted to run away from him. I am done with his bullshit. I want out and free, I thought while struggling against his tight hole.

As if he hears, my thoughts, he growled loudly, flashing his fangs and pushing me further to the wall if that is even possible. Making me show my neck in a submissive way and whispered into my ear.

"You are not going anywhere –" he paused, pulling himself away from me and making me fall onto the floor. I look at him with tears of frustration and growled lightly at him.

"If you want an answer, you can ask three questions, and I will answer them truthfully-" he paused again, kneeling in front of me. I thought for a second, that he would lift me over his shoulder like a caveman and lock me in my bedroom, but it is worse.

He lifted the Birth of fire book, making me jump to my feet, trying to take it away from him. He lifted the book, high above his head making it impossible for me to reach.

He ended with "and this book is mine" and walked away.

I followed quickly after him wanting to ask him three questions. "Why did you not tell me you were XDV?" I ask curiously for his answer. He looked over his shoulder and down at me. "Because if I tell you, you will be in more danger than you already are," he said simply.

"What does XDV stands for?" I ask and stepped away from him. He huffed before looking forward, to seeing if someone is listening to our conversation. "Xerxes Dimitri Vadimovich" he whispers.

Before I could ask my last question, Elijah was coming around the corner in a hurry. "Alpha," he said, out of breath and kneeled with his hands on his knee, trying to catch a breath. Xerxes only nodded, not interested in Elijah and kept looking at me.

"Alpha, we need you in the meeting room," He said after, he caught his breath. Xerxes nodded, and leaned forward, kissing my forehead before walking away.

It is weird watching how calm Xerxes is when Elijah told him something important. After walking for a while, I stumble upon a maid and ask her for directions to Xerxes office. After hearing her description of the ruth I should take, I hurried towards his office.

Once in front of it, I open it not caring if they were busy. My steps were heavy as I reach up to him. "I need answers now!" I hissed with anger. I am tired of being manipulated and kept secrets. He only nodded and said a few orders in another language making them all leave. When we were alone, he sat down. "Remember, you only have one question left" he sternly said leaning back in his office chair.

"Can I have the red book back?" I asked nicely, in hope that he would. He looked at me for a long time, almost considering my proposal. "No, and that was your last question". I gasped at him. "You promised –" before I could even finish, he interrupted me. "I promised to answer truthfully, and I did". I glared at him before storming out of his office and back to my room.

Later that night

I am lying in bed, trying to figure a way to sneak into his office and steal the book. But, after spending almost all day thinking, I came up with only one way. I had to sneak in while he is asleep and steal it. Then after reading it all night, go back and return it. Making it seem that it has always been there.

I waited until midnight before I snuck out of my room and headed for the office. I made sure to walk quietly and slowly, trying not to make any sound. Once I reached his office, I push the door handle gently down, slightly opened the door and walked in while carefully closing the door behind me.

I tried to memorize how everything looked before is started my search for the book. After taking a mental picture of the room, I started my mission. It took a while, but in the end, I got there. I found it on the bookshelves, far down in the corner. He probably never thought I would see it or sneak in to steal it.

I squeaked out of the excitement of finding it and hurried back to my room. I quickly lay in bed with a nightlight one. I am ready for answers. I open the book to find the first chapter.

′The Prophecy'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.1K 33
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
313K 11.3K 39
I'm a monster, but in her arms, I'm a man... Aurora doesn't know what the future holds except for the fact that her mother's going to die soon and sh...
2.5M 86K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
211K 6.9K 40
Alexi is your average high school junior. He gets good enough grades, he has an amazing best friend, and his family is super caring. But, there is a...