The Littlest Winchester

By kaitlynn_cclark

Katie Winchester has been ganking supernatural things since she was 8. Her older brother, Sam left for colleg... More

Pilot
Woman in White
Blackwater Ridge
Wendigo
Wendigo Part 2
Lake Manitoc
Peter Sweeney
Lucas
Kittanning Pensylvania
Flight 2485
Toledo, Ohio
Mary
Becky
Shapeshifter
Home
Illinois
Mom
Ellicott
Dad
Scarecrow
Faith
Route 666
Cassie
Nightmare
Max
Phantom Attacker
The Benders
Shadow
Meg
Hell House
Ed and Harry
Extinct
Vampires
The Demon
Salvation
Devils Trap Pt. 1
Devils Trap Pt. 2
Trailer!!!

Don't Fear The Reaper

470 18 2
By kaitlynn_cclark

We took Dean to the hospital to make sure he was okay.

"So you feel okay?" I questioned.

"I feel fine Katie." Dean replied. The doctor walked in with some papers

"Well, according to all your tests there's nothing wrong with your heart. No sign there ever was. Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but, still it's strange it does happen." The doctor said.

"What do you mean, strange?" I asked.

"Well, just yesterday, a young guy like you, twenty-seven, athletic. Out of nowhere, heart attack." The doctor replied.

"Thanks, doc." Dean said. She nodded and left.

"That's odd." I said.

"Maybe it's a coincidence. People's hearts give out all the time." Sam said.

"No they don't." Dean replied.

"Look, Dean, Katie, do we really have to look this one in the mouth? Why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved Dean's life and move on?" Sam asked.

"Because I can't shake this feeling, that's why." Dean replied.

"What feeling?" Sam asked.

"When I was healed, I just...I felt wrong. I felt cold. And for a second...I saw someone. This, uh, this old man. And I'm telling you guys, it was a spirit." Dean said.

"But if there was something there, Dean, I think I would've seen it, too. I mean, I've been seeing an awful lot of things lately." Sam said.

"I-I saw it." I said. Sam and Dean turned to me.

"The old man in the suit?" Dean asked. I nodded my head yes.

"We should look into it, we've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this." Dean said. Sam sighed.

"Yeah, alright. So, what do you wanna do?" Sam asked.

"You go check out the heart attack guy, Katie and I will go to visit the Reverend." Dean said. We dropped Sam off at community swimming pool, where the guy went a lot and we headed to the Reverend's house.

We pulled up to the Reverends house and knocked on the door. The Reverends wife answered.

"Hello." She said with a smile.

"Hi. We'd like to talk to the Reverend, ma'am." I said.

"Oh please calm me Sue Ann, and my husbands name is Roy." Sue Ann said. She stepped to the side and invited us in. We sat on the couch and Roy sat in a chair.

"So Dean, how do you feel?" Sue Ann asked.

"I feel great. Just trying to, you know, make sense of what happened." Dean replied.

"A miracle is what happened. Well, miracles come so often around Roy." Sue Ann remarked. I turned to Roy.

"When did they start? The miracles." I asked him.

"Woke up one morning, stone blind. Doctors figured out I had cancer. Told me I had maybe a month. So, uh, we prayed for a miracle. I was weak, but I told Sue Ann, 'You just keep right on praying.' I went into a coma. Doctors said I wouldn't wake up, but I did. And the cancer was gone." Roy replied.

Roy takes off his sunglasses and his eyes were white. He was completely blind.

"If it wasn't for these eyes, no one would believe I'd ever had it." He added.

"And suddenly you could heal people?" Dean asked.

"I discovered it afterward, yes. God's blessed me in many ways." Roy replied.

"And his flock just swelled overnight. And this is just the beginning." Sue Ann added.

"Can I ask you one more question?" Dean asked.

"Of course you can." Roy replied.

"Why? Why me? Out of all the sick people, why save me?" Dean asked.

"Well, like I said before, the Lord guides me. I looked into your heart, and you just stood out from all the rest." Roy answered.

"What did you see in my heart?" Dean asked.

"A young man with an important purpose. A job to do. And it isn't finished." Roy replied.

"Thank you for your time." I said to Roy and Sue Ann.

"Yeah thank you but we must be going." Dean said.

We walked out onto the front steps and ran into Layla and her mom.

"Dean, hey." Layla said, completely ignoring me. I looked at Dean.

"I'll wait in the car." I said and walked away. I sat in the car and waited. Sue Ann walked out and Layla's mom argued with her. I wanted to hear this so I got out and walked over to them.

"Why are you still even here? You got what you wanted." I heard Layla's mom.

"Mom, stop." Layla said.

"No, Layla, this is too much. We've been to every single service. If Roy would stop choosing these strangers over you. Strangers who don't even believe. I just can't pray any harder." Layla's mom said bitterly.

"That's enough." I hissed at her. Dean put an arm on my shoulder.

"Layla what's wrong?" He asked her.

"I have this thing..." Layla started but trailed off. Dean squeezed my shoulder, as if telling me to leave. I brushed off his shoulder and went to the car. Layla's mom says something and walks off, pulling Layla with her. Dean walks up and gets into the car.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"She has a brain tumor." Dean said sadly.

I was at a loss for words. Dean started the car and we drove back to the hotel in silence. Sam was in the room on his laptop when we walked in. I took off my jacket and plopped on the bed. I fell asleep almost instantly.

I woke up the next morning in the clothes I was wearing yesterday. I got up and put on plain black leggings and a gray tee shirt with black converse. I put my hair in a ponytail and brushed my teeth. Sam and Dean were still asleep. I grabbed Deans wallet and my phone and quietly left the motel room. I walked across the street to the diner and bought Sam an omelette, Dean some pancakes, and I got some waffles. I was gone for about 25 minutes but when I came back Sam and Dean had destroyed the room.

"Guys, chill out." I said. They turned to me.

"KATHERINE!" Dean yelled.

"What? I went for breakfast." I said. I handed them their breakfast. Dean took it from me.

"Don't do that again!" Dean exclaimed.

"Whatever." I said.

"So what'd you figure out Sam?" I asked.

"We're dealing with a reaper." Sam replied.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." Sam replied.

"We're dealing with THE grim reaper?" I asked.

"No no no, not THE reaper, A reaper. There's reaper law in pretty much every culture on earth, it goes by 100 different names, it's possible that there's more than one of them." Dean said.

"But you said you saw a dude in a suit." Sam asked.

"What, you think he shoulda been working the whole black robe thing?....You said it yourself that the clock stopped right? Reapers stop time. And you can only see 'em when they're coming at you which is why I could see it and you couldn't." Dean replied.

"I saw him too remember." I added.

"Maybe." Sam mumbled.

"There's nothing else it could be." Dean said.

"But how is Roy controlling it?" Dean questioned.

"The cross on the alter." I replied, remembering the cross from the service.

"What?" Sam and Dean asked.

"The cross with the cross in the middle." I said, trying to describe the cross I saw.

"Oh." Sam said. He pulled out a weird card with the same cross on it.

"That's it." I said.

"A tarot?" Dean asked Sam.

"Yeah." Sam replied.

"So Roy is using black magic to control the reaper?" I asked.

"If he's riding the whirlwind, that's like putting a dog leash on a great white." Sam said.

"So we stop Roy." I said.

"How?" Sam asked.

"You know how." Dean replied. I looked at him in shock. He was devouring his pancakes. He never thinks straight when there's food.

"We're not killing Roy." I exclaimed.

"They guys playing God, he's deciding who lives and dies. That's a monster in my book." Dean said.

"No we're not going to kill a human being." I said to Dean.

"Well if we can't kill Roy or death what do we do?" Dean said sarcastically.

"Let's go to the service today." I suggested. They nodded and we left the motel room. We got in the car and drove to Roys house.

"If Roy is using black magic then he must have a spell book." I suggested.

"Okay, Dean you go to the service and make sure Roy doesn't do any voodoo stuff and we'll go look for the book in the house. We stopped the car and got out. We walked pass the protestor.

"Roy Lagrange is a fraud!" He yelled.

"Keep up the good work." I said, smiling.

"Thank you." He replied and we kept walking.

We split up, Sam and I snuck into the house and looked around. Sam found out that Roy was choosing people he saw as immoral. We found the book and newspaper clippings about the victims.

"You can't let Roy heal anyone okay." Sam said. He listened to a response and then hung up.

"Who do you think he'll choose next?" I asked.

"The protester." Sam replied.

"I'll go after the protester, you stay in the house." Sam added and went out the window. I looked out at the tent. A couple minutes later everyone ran out in a hurry. I quickly snuck back out and found Dean being taken out by two cops, Sue Ann following them. They let Dean go and he went back to the car. I followed.

"It's Sue Ann." Dean said. I looked back at her.

"So Roy really believes?" I asked. Dean nodded his head yes.

"Well I found this." I said. I pulled the book Sam and I had found and gave it to Dean. I slipped it in my jacket before I left.

"Some dark stuff." I added.

"We'll go back tonight." Dean said. Sam was at the car. We got in and drove to the motel. Once we got there I went to the bed and took a nap.

"Katie c'mon let's go." I heard Sam say. I opened my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"We gotta go back to Roy's house, he is going to heal Layla we got to stop him." Sam explained. I got out of bed and we went to the car. We pulled up and Layla's car was already here.

"Where's Sue Ann?" I asked randomly.

"House." Sam said. I took off to the house. I heard footsteps behind me but kept going.

"Hey! You gunna put the fear of God in me?" I heard Dean yell. I made it to a window and opened it. I climbed in and started walking around, quietly. Sam came up behind me.

"Check upstairs." I said. Sam nodded and headed upstairs. I found the basement and went inside. I found a bunch of stuff used for black magic.

"I gave your brother life and I can take it away." Sue Ann said. I turned around quickly and she was standing there. I tipped the alter with all the black magic stuff on it over, knocking it to the ground.

Sue Ann ran up the basement stairs and shut the door. I tried to open it but it was locked.

"Katie, can't you see? The Lord chose me to reward the just and punish the wicked. And your brother is wicked and he deserves to die just as Layla deserves to live. It is God's will." Sue Ann said.

"Goodbye Katie." She added and I heard her footsteps get quieter.

"Son of a bitch." I muttered. I pulled out my phone and had no service. I noticed a boarded up window and grabbed a wooden block. I chucked it at the window and shattered it. I climbed through the window, careful to avoid the glass and ran to Sue Ann who was reciting the spell. She had a bottle of blood in her hands. I ran up to her, snatched the bottle and threw it onto the ground, shattering it.

"No!" She cried.

"What have you done!" She shouted.

"He's not your God." I hissed. I saw the reaper come up in front of her. Sue Ann's eyes glazed over and she collapsed on the ground. The reaper smiled and disappeared. I ran back to the Impala to find Sam and Dean.

"Thank God." Sam said and gave me a hug.

"I'm fine don't worry." I said. We went back to the motel room.

"I need another nap." I said. Sam and Dean laughed. We got back to the motel and I instantly fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning in the Impala. I looked around confused.

Dean was driving and Sam was in the passenger seat.

"You can sleep through anything you know." Dean remarked. I rolled my eyes.

The song, Knockin' on Heavens Door started to play. I felt my pocket buzz so I pulled my phone out. It was Cole.

Cole - Hey Katie!

Katie - Hey 😊

Cole - How's the hunts?

Katie - Good. Just finished up a reaper hunt how about you?

Cole - Just finished with a wendigo.

Katie - Yikes those things are tough.

Cole - Yeah well so is death but you Winchesters beat that 😉

Katie - Haha thanks. Gotta go text ya later 😊

Cole - Text ya later Katie.

Katie - Bye.

Cole - Bye.

I put my phone away and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Author's note
Sorry I was inactive for a couple days I was updating my other story called Its Complicated which you guys should read by the way 😏. I'll update more though ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 74 12
Erin has spent the last year searching for her brother who had been possessed by a demon and disappeared. She soon stumbles upon Sam and Dean Winches...
33.5K 713 74
Follows the story of Dean and Sam starting when they look for their dad with one key difference. They have a sister. She is the middle kid and gets d...
7.2K 73 20
Natasha Winchester is the daughter of Sam and Jess (She is my oc)
63K 821 24
Mary Winchester is 10 year old little sister to Sam and Dean Winchester and the youngest hunter of the time. When her dad goes missing Dean and Mary...