I'm Natsu Dragneel

By Silver_Studios

"Hey, sorry about what Gajeel did to you. I'm Lucy-" "Heartfilia. Yes, I know. You're the popular girl aroun... More

Daily Life: Chapter 1
The Blonde: Chapter 2
Heartfilia and Dragneel: Chapter 3
Mr. Non Popular: Chapter 4
Early Thanksgiving Celebration: Chapter 5
Having the Courage: Chapter 6
I'm Fine: Chapter 7
You're Back: Chapter 8
The Possum Chaos: Chapter 9
Not My Little Sister: Chapter 10
Therapy Session: Chapter 11
Kidnapped: Chapter 12
She Just Had To: Chapter 13
Don't Touch Me!: Chapter 14
Dear Lucy: Chapter 15
Hold On: Chapter 16
I'm Really Sorry!!
The Blue Cat: Chapter 17
Echoes in My Ears: Chapter 19
Surgery: Chapter 20
There's Always Hope in Everything: Chapter 21
My Survival: Chapter 22
Finale: Chapter 23

Life is Good: Chapter 18

1.6K 97 56
By Silver_Studios

Long chapter....

Natsu

After a week, Happy has become the best companion that I could ever ask for. Besides for Lucy and Wendy.

Although Happy is a feline, I'm okay with it. At least animals don't hurt you mentally.

Happy is really caring. He snuggles with me, sleeps with me, and watches TV with me. We basically do everything together.

Well, not everything.

My life has been great so far now that I have Happy. Who knew that a small feline like Happy can bring my world filled with joy?

Suddenly, as I scroll down through my phone, I'm seeing pictures of people getting their dresses and suits for prom that's happening in Fairy High.

Huh...maybe I should go and surprise everyone. Pfff, I'm sure they didn't miss my presence.

But who cares? I don't care. 'Cause I'm gonna make a difference in my life. I'm not gonna let depression take over.

I'm strong...and I know it! I regret ever thinking about suiciding. Happy made me...happy. He was a therapy session that I needed.

I just wished that Happy came before Wendy died. Maybe if things went differently, maybe if I didn't sign her up for therapy...she would have still been alive till' this day.

I smile, looking up at the ceiling. I'm sure she's looking over me up in Heaven. Take care of our parents, Wendy. I love you.

***

The next day, I went shopping for a suit. Yeah, a suit! A tuxedo!

The lady from the store helped me choose a really comfortable, modern, and formal outfit for prom.

She was so nice! It seems that she always wanted to help out teens for prom or for any occasion whatsoever.

She said her name was Christina. We talked about our lives and how it's going so far. In one day, she told me all about her adventures.

She used to be a pilot. When Christina was little, she always dreamt about flying. That's why she became a pilot.

But unfortunately, their was a malfunction in the plane and it crashed. Only she and a few of the passengers survived.

That's really sad. A lot of people were there, enjoying their flight when suddenly, a malfunction occurs. With nothing else to do, they knew that their world ends their.

So, I should be grateful that I'm still alive. Many people wanted to go on other places or try new things but they couldn't because their lives were taken from them in a blink of an eye.

Anyways, enough talk about that.

After going shopping, I decided to have a haircut. Nothing too crazy. My hair was getting pretty long and I want to feel fresh and new.

"So, how shall I do your hair? Shall I trim it?"

"Yeah. Take off the unnecessary hairs. I want my hair spiky but with volume." I said, and he nods.

"Alrighty. Just sit back and relax."

A couple of minutes past and he hair dries my hair. With the finishing touches, my hair looks really good!

I feel better than ever I did before!

"Thank you! I love it."

I smile and shake the barber's hand. He gives me a pat and says to save my money.

"Thanks a bunch, man!" I said, leaving the shop.

He waves goodbye and I smile, exiting. Today is so good.

***

How time flies so quick. Today is the day of prom. I can finally see Lucy. My life has been going great so far.

I'm sure nothing will bring it down.

I put in my tuxedo and fix my tie. I clear my throat and fix the jacket as well, looking at myself in the mirror.

Happy looks at me, his tail wiggling a little, showing a sign that he's excited.

"I am as well, Happy. I can finally see the love of my life again! What can possibly go wrong?" I said, kneeling down and petting him.

I look at the time and it was already time to go. I get up and grab my car keys and my phone. I look back at my scarf that was neatly laying down on my bed, and frown.

Just for one day, Dad. Thank you.

I open the front door and leave, saying goodbye to Happy before I close the door.

I press the button from my car keys and approach my vehicle. Sometimes, I get motion sickness. I hope today is not the day because I am looking glamorous!

I go inside my car and close the door. I turn on the engine, fix the rear mirror, and drive the night away.

***

I stare blankly at the school where students enter with their friends or dates.

I can't do this! I'm getting anxiety all of a sudden! Damn you!

Alright, Natsu. Just breathe in and out. Ignore the fact that you are entering in a place where you have never been in a long time and that students will be staring at you and talking about you.

Yeah...that's simple.

I open the door and exit out of my car, locking all doors with my car keys.

I breathe in and begin to walk towards the front doors. My hands are shaking. My heart is beating so quickly and my stomach just feels like it's flipping!

Once I step foot inside the school's gymnasium, people started to stare at me, talking.

"Bro! He's back!"

"I thought he died! I'm so glad he didn't!"

"What an amazing entrance! He came back so unexpectedly!"

"He looks better than ever!"

"DRAGNEEL IS BACK, EVERYONE!"

A small smile appears in my lips. These people...they weren't the ones that bullied me. These are different.

They actually...cared.

"I'm back..." I said, small tears of joy overflowing my eyes.

The crowd roars and surrounds me, talking to me and asking me tons of questions.

"How do you feel!?"

"You look amazing!"

"You've made history here at Fairy High, Natsu!"

"Fairy High has learned its lesson."

"Don't worry, Sting, Laxus, and everyone else who has hurt you aren't here anymore. They have been expelled and are in custody."

I bite my bottom lip, wanting to cry so hard of joy.

Those bastards got what they deserve. And my life is going great so far.

I must be living in a dream right now.

"Natsu...?"

The crowd shuts up, and I slowly turn around to see the most beautiful woman.

"Lucy..."

She was wearing a pink gown with her hair tied up in a ponytail, looking beautiful as always.

My heart pounds, feeling the sensation again.

I run up to her and gave her the tightest hug I could give to a person. Tears fall down my cheeks and I sob out loud, missing her hugs and presence.

"Ugh...I missed you so much, Lucy. I'm so sorry for what I did! I wasn't myself during that time! I regret ever thinking of suicide and hurting myself! Please...forgive me." I said, trembling.

"Natsu...of course I forgive you! I forgive you because I love you! This feeling I have for you is real! It's not fake. I love you for who you are...and I'm so glad that you're back."

"I love you too...so much. Please, don't ever leave me." I said, my tears dripping down on her dress.

"Mhm..."

The crowd claps and cheers. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

We break the hug and stare into each other's eyes, slowing leaning close. Our lips touch and that spark electrifies my heart again.

She's the one. She's my soulmate.

**

BROO!!

I almost cried while writing this. This chapter may be quick but it's also important to the plot and story.

No matter what you're going through, you'll find something that will fix your depression. Just like Happy did to Natsu.

He found Happy and now his life is good! With Lucy, it's even better.

If you're surrounded by the people that truly love you, you're good! You'll gain their support and they will forever and always have your back.

Don't forget that I love you! Because I have gone through the same thing. Thank you and please stay strong. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 82.5K 50
AU/OOC Natsu Dragneel is the well-known playboy of Fairy Tail High. But will his demeanor change when the new transfer with good intentions, Lucy Hea...
1.2K 80 20
Lucy's parents left her life too early. Now she's alone at an orphanage. All hope is lost. Until... Igneel decides to adopt her as his own. Lucy doe...
88.4K 2.5K 27
Lucy Heartfilia is a Celestial Wizard and Natsu Dragneel is the Fire Dragon Slayer. When Lucy and Natsu take on a job that could last quite a while...
144K 7.2K 20
Lucy Heartfilia - your normal, average, picked on, beat up and bullied teenage girl. Lost in a world of hate, despair and a struggle for power, Lucy...