Malfunction

By cymbalpenguin

**COMPLETED** "The Technological Revolution in the early 21st century," said Professor Parker to the rows of... More

Shame
Body

Lecture

30 11 4
By cymbalpenguin

'The Technological Revolution in the early 21st century,' said Professor Parker to the rows of half-attentive students, 'saw a dramatic change in the way we live and eat. Before the Revolution, societal stereotypes were the opposite of today. Slimness was associated with the poor, and plumpness, ironically, with the rich.'

The professor paused, and an uneasy murmur rose and died.

'Furthermore, terrible, unthinkable diseases such as diabetes, obesity...'

The class bristled in a collective shudder.

'Of course, all this monstrosity was fixed through the invention of the...?'

A hand shot up immediately from the first row.

'Yes, Sarah?'

'The NutriBot, 2038, by German scientist Nicolas Pasche. It is a small machine in the oesophagus that tracks the nutrition taken into the body and gives you a guideline for your diet.'

'Correct. After this revolutionary invention, the NutriBot has been an essential part of our lives, with ninety percent of our population using it. The ten percent, of course, are the unfortunate class of people whose parents could not afford the NutriBot at their birth.'

The class sagged in a groan of sympathy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 1.5K 190
Author:Peach blossoms for wine 13 Category: Danmei Zombies are rampant, and Ye Qingrang relies on a broken jade sachet and wood powers to move fo...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
24.9K 434 13
When Chu Qianxun was reborn and returned to the beginning of the apocalypse, she vowed to live a better life, live longer, and stay away from those d...