CONNERS TREASURE

By ericawoham

(Book #2 in Manhattan series ) (You don't have to read the first book to understand this one) ''A gent... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Not an update
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Contest
Chapter Twenty
Guidelines For The Contest
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Massive Opportunity For Budding Wattpad Users
Chapter Thirty Four
I am so sorry.
Chapter Thirty Five
I'm back!

Chapter Twenty Nine

9.1K 463 56
By ericawoham

References

The Red room (from the movie Fifty Shades Of Grey

"So you're telling me Conner brought Richards company even though the system completely shut down and his business was going under? Stockholders were pulling out and bankruptcy was almost inevitable?" Christian was sprawled on Sophia's bed and his hands rested behind his head.

"Yeah, this baffles me to the core. Why would he do this? I mean from what I heard Richard spent all his money on whores and business trips. Which hardly gives back any profit" Jacob mumbled while he passed the bowl of gummy bears to Sophia who was sitting on the chair wearing her white panda onesie with her legs resting on the corner of the bed "Yeah that douche. I'm so happy we had different bank accounts" popping a few gummy bears in her mouth.

"What do you think Coco is going to do next?"

Jacob shrugged. "Don't know but what I do know is that man needs to get laid"

"Wait what?" Sophia burst out laughing followed by Christian.

"Why would you say that!" Sophia threw a pillow at him shaking her head in dismissal.

"Because you won't give him a chance?" Jacob told her and threw the pillow right back at her. She did a quick dodge and stuck out her tongue at him. If this is how they throw their pillows how will they ever shoot perfectly?

"Jacob's being too nice. You should let Coco stuff your beaver"
Now it was Sophia's turn to be baffled. Did he just indirectly say..

"You fucking pervert!"

"Oh come on atleast I had the decency to be straightforward unlike Jacob." He picked up another gummy Bear and stuffed it in his mouth, "Give him a chance omg he's so cute my foot" he said mimicking Jacob. "That's bullshit. You like him go tell him because that bastard is already in love with you"

"I am not in love with her. Why don't you mind your own business Christian."

All three heads snapped towards the door where Conner was now standing and let me tell you he did not look happy.

Sophia sat up straight followed by Jacob and Christian. "I was just joking man chill."

"Why don't you go get some work done instead of gossiping like an old lady"

Christian turned towards Sophia "He's saying you're old and ugly" making her gasp.

"No I'm not"

"But you did! Coco come on! You can't say she's old even though she looks in her fifties"

"Hey! I do not look in my fifties stop lying!"

"Whatever make you wet at night babe!"

Jacob let out an amused laugh watching these three bicker like kids. Specially Christian, he's always in the limelight.

Conner walked in "That's not even the right phrase"

"Oh it is. Since you're the one whose going to do it" He threw a suggestive wink at his way which Conner totally ignored and sat down on the chair adjacent to the bed.

Sophia had to breathe in to stop her heart from exploding with embarrassment. Conner clearly had no feelings for her and now Christians remarks are making it worse.
How can he say that!

"Now that you're done with all the childish stuff lets discuss something important." That's when Sophia noticed a white paper in his hand. It was crumbled but he had still managed to fold it. "Ciel found this in on the windsheild of your car Sophia. It's rather disturbing'' The concern in his voice made Sophia pause and look at the piece of paper. She had a feeling it was to do something with Richard and it could not be good.

"What does it say?"

Conner looked at her and then back at the paper, "It's a warning sign. Someone told you to 'Keep a check on Richard.' And i have no clue who this person is."

Sophia frowned as she stretched her hand and took the paper from his hand. 'Keep a check on Richard' was written on a white piece of paper with black marker. This confused her to the core, not many people know about their personal life and it terrified her that someone wants her to keep a check on him. She didn't know if this was good or bad.

"Keep a check on that dick? Why would anyone do that, I mean why would anyone tell you to do that" Christian got up slowly as he stretched and walked over to the window, "Not many people know about your divorce. And I'm sure this person still thinks you're together. So maybe it's not someone close to you guys." Sophia nodded, unable to say anything. "Also, not everyone knows about how psycho Richard is or how he tried to hurt you, so it has to be someone close to Richard who knows something. We need to track his phone record. We need to know how many people he is in contact with."

"I agree. So whoever this is does not know the whole story." Conner sat back in the chair, his usual composed manner a bit unstable. "I'll track all his numbers. Sophia, for now just be careful I don't think Richard will let go of the situation this easily. For now he just thinks that I'm on his side for my business, you have to act well so that he never knows out initial plan."

"Okay, though I don't see the point in acting? We're getting divorce and then he won't be able to come near me because clearly I'll get Serenity's custody"

Christian shook his head,"See this is where you're wrong. He won't give up because of the exact same reason. He doesn't want you to be happy without him. If he has gone psycho once he will do it again. He knows he's not that powerful at the moment so he'll try to scare you so yiu give in. He s not a stable man Soph, he's cuckoo. You need to act like you're weak, so he doesn't see you as a threat. Also, he's not alone. After all the charges lover boy here, "He points his long tattooed finger at Conner, "Put on him, it's impossible for him to come out on his own. I just want you to be safe till we find out who it is"

Conner stood up, straightening his attire and walked over to her bed, looking around as if he was looking for something. "Tell me Sophia, how many phones does Richard have?"

"He had 2, one for his business and one for his family. But since we started living apart i have no clue if he-"

"He has five phones." Conner cut her in between, his face was blank and his jaw was locked, it looked like he was trying to control himself. And the fact is that he was indeed trying to control himself. He found it baffling that jerk had 3 extra phones all this while and he hid it from her. She didn't deserve it, but lately she has been getting everything of the same sort.

On the other hand, Sophia was shocked. She couldn't believe him, Richard had 5 phones? What was he doing with them and why didn't he tell her?
But she knew the answer of course. He had his side chicks and everything illegal he didn't want her to know about. That man made a fool out of her, he not only broke her trust but he shattered her.

The rest of the day was spend discussing how the other things were going to fall in place according to the plan. Christian or Jacob will now be with Sophia every minute of the day till the person behind Richard is found out. Also Serenity will be home tutored for a while by the best tutor in the country. Sophia personally didn't like it, she didn't want her to give up on her childhood memories and her friends. But Conner had a simple and the most logical answer to her doubt. It was a decision between Serenity's life in danger or a few months locked inside the house, safe. The answer was easy.

The rest if the day passed on quickly with Sophia working on her upcoming projects and Christian constantly bickering her with his stupid questions. It was 1 AM and Christian was till in her room talking to random girls on his phone and switching through channels in between.

"For the hundredth time I'm telling you to lower down the volume. I'm trying to work here!" She threw a large pillow from behind her right at Christian making him groan with annoyance.

"What the fuck is wrong with you woman all I'm watching is this dog trying to save his mama"

"That's courage the cowardly dog and this show's shit"

"Just like you"

"Why the fuck are you in my room anyway? Don't you have any work to do?" She questioned him with a look which clearly showed how annoyed she was.

"My work is to protect you"

"So do your work and get the hell out of here! Unlike you I've got load of stuff to do"

"Whatever. Just tell me if you need anything I'll be sitting here and I fucking dare you to move me from this over comforting couch. Damn Conner did a good job"

A groan escaped her lips followed by her hand slapping her forehead. She really needed a break from this child right here. "I'm going to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee, you better go to your own room before I come back here or I swear to god I'll throw that spider on you myself." Christian rolled his eyes at her, all this fir her own protection, though it's 1 A.M he just wanted to stay by her side. Not because he will get any extra money for extra hours but because he knew how scared she really was from everything happening around her even though she masks it well with her bitchy facade. He knew as soon as she's alone, she'll cry herself to sleep. He knew this woman like the back of his hand, you don't just become the countries greatest assassin if you can't even read a human.

Sophia walked down the huge staircase, her hands holding on to the railing for support. It was dark, but she knew Conner had his men all over the place even at this time of the night. They were just to good at hiding.

"I just hope they don't kill me.." she muttered. She quickened her pace with the thought of a guard capturing her thinking she was a thief and killing her crossed her mind. She was paranoid, maybe a bit over but can you blame her?

She walked over to the kitchen, thanking Sara for showing her around the house a couple of tomes more so that she could memories the place.

Entering the grand kitchen, she quickly switched on the lights.

"Holy fuck.." She almost let out a scream which died down as soon as it came.

There sat Conner with a cup of coffee in his hand and a frown on his beautiful face. He looked at her like she had grown another head, one of the most prominent expression he gave away with addition to his stone face. "I would suggest you to keep your voice low Miss Dixon. Everyone's sleeping"

"What the hell are you doing here? I mean it's 1 at midnight! Shouldn't you be asleep or something?"

"I could ask you this same question. Though I'm quite tired so I'll just answer you. I do not sleep, Miss Dixon"

Then it clicked, Christian had told her before about his insomnia. He rarely sleeps, but she wondered how was he able to take care of himself and act so fresh and ready everyday in the morning.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know" She lied.

"I have cameras all over the place miss Dixon, I saw and heard when Christian told you I have insomnia, don't lie"

She felt her cheeks heat up, busted her conscious mocked.

"Whatever. But drinking coffee won't help you sleep either"

"I know, but coffee is like a habit. I drink it when I feel like sleeping. It's like I don't want to sleep" He let out a dry laugh, making her stare at him. She wondered if his sentence had a deeper meaning to it.

"May I ask you something Miss Dixon?"

"Sure.." She walked inside and sat right beside him, ignoring the fluttery feeling inside her stomach from sitting under his gaze.

"How close are you and Christian?"

Sophia was taken aback with that question, close? He was more like a baby she was babysitting. "I wouldn't call it close. He's just this big child whose constantly in need of attention. It's like he's all hyped about the smallest thing and he's the same like serenity in so many way," She let out a small chuckle. "He's just too stupid"

All this time, she was laughing and missed the glint in his eyes. Not once did he smile at her statement and not once did he blink. Different emotions swirled around his eyes, but the jealousy overcame all.

He suddenly stood up, his eyes not leaving hers even for a moment. "Will you come with me for a moment?" Without even waiting for her reply he gently grabbed her hand and lead her out of the kitchen not even turning of the light.

"Where are you taking me?" She tried to take her wrist out of his death grip, but she failed, like always.

"Just follow me..okay?"

"Okay.." but even though she agreed, she felt a wired feeling. Something was going to happen, and she was afraid.

They walked through the hallways, to the 3rd floor, then through different hallways and another set of stairs and then 2 more different hallway. She tried keeping up with the direction but she lost it with the second hallway. This place is a freakin castle and there was no way in hell she would be able to remember all these routes. They both came to a sudden halt, which made Sophia run straight into his hard back. Damn his muscles.

"Don't stop so abruptly.." She muttered, rubbing her forehead. Damn was he strong.

"Are you ready?" He asked her. Sophia gave him a confused look. She looked around and saw a wooden door right in front of her and that's when she realised that maybe he wants her to go inside?

"What is it?" She gave him a mischievous smile, "The red room?"

Conner smirked, as he leaned in to grab the handle of the door and slowly turned it around, making sure Sophia was able to feel the closeness "Be careful what you wish for, there is no helicopter waiting for you on standby and no safe word will ever..." he leaned closer to her, he hot breath fanning over her neck "..Save you"

She sucked in a deep breath, crossing her legs quickly. This man made things hard for her, her surroundings felt entoxicating, it made her hard to breathe. He slowly opened the door, and stepped inside. "Welcome to my Red room, Miss Dixon.." He let out a small chuckle, clearly enjoying the shocked look on her face.

She cautiously stepped in, the room dark just like a dungeon. But her nose felt itchy, with some kind of a scent. It was something familiar, something she had smelled before. Suddenly the lights turned on, and what she saw made her breath hitch. She curled up her hands into fists, her eyes wide.

The whole room was white coloured with white light coming from the chandelier above with no windows and no eascape, filled with portraits and painting. But not only just any painting or portraits..

Each and every single portrait was of hers, not only with clothes on, but also with no clothes. Maybe this was the reason she felt scared of him, he was intoxicating, maybe too intoxicating for her to handle. Duff she felt two pair of arms wrap around her slender body, but she didn't have the guts to move, she didn't even turn around let alone sway his hands away.

"Conner..'' She whispered, holding back a slight moan as he bought his cold lips against her burning neck

"Shhh... Don't Sophia. How many time do I have to remind you.." He whispered, biting her ear in a teasing manner "..Don't say my name like that. Because one day I won't fucking control myself"

She didn't know if she should feel scared or sorry for herself, because no matter what she did, she was a moth and he the flame.

In the end, she will always burn for him.

_______________________________________

I updated. Yes ❤
I'm so sorry for not updating for so long but I hope you enjoy this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
3.3K 27 29
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence, and will move fast. I feel his hands go to my waist twisting me to face him...
9.7K 532 35
"I won't let him look at you, touch you, feel you. Because you're mine and I don't like others touching and stealing what's mine," he whispered in my...
1.8M 73.8K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...