Who's Wedding Is It Anyway?

بواسطة DramioneLover3

Weddings. Such beautiful moments in a couples life. A time when people declare their forever lasting love for... المزيد

♡ N E
T W ♡
F ♡ U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
AFTER THE H♡NEYM♡♡N

T H R E E

1.3K 43 4
بواسطة DramioneLover3

Draco found Ron standing alone at then buffet table. Perfect. The two had made up when Ginny started dating Blaise. Ron, being a rather overprotective older brother would come with them on their dates and Draco, being Blaise's go to wingman, would be dragged along as well. Spending so much time together they really had no choice.

"Hey, mate. Enjoying the wedding?"

"Hey. Draco. You and Hermione really out did yourselves with this."

"Ah, it was nothing."

"Seriously, this is amazing. If my wedding was even half of what this is I would be more than happy."

"That reminds me, how are things going with Kriss?"

"Oh, you know. We're doing better but I don't know. I like her, but we're two very different people, you know?"

"Yeah, I get that. The only girl I ever actually liked is so different from me that if we ever got together it would be Hell for the both of us."

Ron nodded, gulping at his drink. "Women. Love 'em but they drive you crazy. What's a man to do?"

"That's the golden question isn't it? Sometimes I just want to propose, lock things in or get rejected and know that it's not going to work, get over her. But I never could. She probably hates me." Again, he shoved his hand in his pocket and grabbed metal loop. "But you?" he continued. "I have no doubt Kriss would say yes."

"Whoa, whoa, wait right there. Are you trying to say I should propose to Kriss?"

"I'm not trying to tell you to do anything. I'm just saying, if I was you and I really wanted to be with her, I'd want to have a ring on her fingers as soon as I could."

"Yeah, but we've only been dating for a few months. She would never say yes."

"I beg to differ."

"Come on, Draco. We both know that it just couldn't happen. Not this soon. But I do hope things work out for you and that girl you're chasing after. If she doesn't want to go out with a guy like you, it's her loss."

Draco lowered his head and said, "Yeah, her loss," but he wasn't really talking to Ron anymore. He was too lost in thought. He hoped Hermione was doing better than he was.

"Hi Kriss," Hermione greeted the black haired witch joyfully, grabbing a drink from the table she leaned on and turning to face her.

"Oh, hey, Hermione. What's up?"

"Not much. I was just making rounds and saw you over here alone. Thought you could use some company."

"Well, thank you. I'm fine though, just admiring the decor. You set it up, right?"

"Well I can't take all the credit. Draco was a huge help. I wouldn't have been able to hang half of the lanters and flowers without his height." They shared a chuckle, then got quiet.

"What's going on with you two? I mean, I know that you used to hate each other, but having to work with him on this? That must have been hard. Still, you both seem fine."

"Draco and I have put our differences aside. We are actually pretty good friends now."

"It's great to hear that Hermione. I wish the same went for Ron and I."

"Are things not going well with you?"

"Honestly? No. I wish that we could put our differences behind us like you and Draco, but it's just so hard. What if we are too different to make it work?" Kriss had tears in her eyes and was tugging on one of the curls that had escaped her bun.

"Kriss, I know you guys can make it work, so long as you truly care about one another. And relationships aren't always going to be easy. But when you can get over those hurdles together, you grow as a couple."

"I just wish we were kids again and everything came easy."

"It wasn't easy when I was a kid either, though. I had a giant crush on my best friend when we were, like, thirteen. But I never had the courage to tell him. Ha, some Gryffindor I am. And the saddest part is, when school started again he had grown cold and started ignoring me all together. I never got to tell him, and I doubt I ever will."

"That's heavy. You make my love life sound like a walk in the park compared to that."

Hermione cleared her throat and blinked back the tears that had started to form. "My point is, love doesn't come easy. Now, I want you to go over to Ron right now and tell him how you feel. Everything. And he's pretty understanding. Once he knows how you feel, I'm sure he'd want to get through it together."

Kriss sighed and smiled fondly at her friend. She cast a glance passed Hermione to where Ron stood alone. "You know what? I will. And if he can't respect my feelings, he's not the guy for me. Thank you Hermione."

"No probl-" Hermione was cut off as Kriss threw her arms around her. She pulled back, now serious, her smile gone.

"Hermione, you have to promise me that, no matter what happens, if you ever, and I mean ever, see that guy you used to fancy, you have to talk to him. Try and sort things out."

"Kriss-"

"Promise me. Please."

Hermione sighed, knowing there was no way out of this. "Alright, Kriss. I promise. Now go get your man." Her smile returned and she pulled Hermione into one final hug before rushing over to Ron.

After she left, Hermione noticed Draco sitting at a table staring at his empty glass. She took a deep breath, waiting just a moment before she wandered over to him and took a seat.

"Hey, how'd it go?" he asked, looking up, immediately feeling better just seeing her.

"Well, unfortunately I don't think that they are ready to get engaged, but I think I gave her some good advice to keep them together."

Draco chuckled and looked down, then met her chocolate brown eyes. He never noticed how they sparkled gold until now. "That's Hermione, always helping others, even when they don't deserve it." She smiled at him and took his hand from across the table. He took in a sharp breath at the movement and both pulled back blushing.

"So, uh, I guess that's it for crashing the wedding."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I'm sorry. I know your Slytherin side would have loved some revenge."

"Yeah."

"Are you okay? You seem a bit... distracted. Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no! You haven't done anything. I just, had a moment of closure when I was talking to Ron earlier. It's... it's nothing."

"Okay... if you need to talk to someone, I'm here."

"I know. You've always been there for me."

"What are friends for?"

He didn't respond, only smile ever so slightly. They both looked up when the background music changed and people started getting up and heading to the dance floor. Hermione whipped her head towards the break in the tent, surprised to see it was dark outside.

"It's that late already? Where had this day gone?"

"Well the ceremony was at five and we've been scheming for three hours, so..."

"Sorry."

"Not at all."

They quieted and watched other couples dance cheerfully to the fun Irish music that was playing. Ginny and Blaise were the center of it all, but they actually didn't mind for once. Everyone looked so happy. Why weren't they?

Draco looked over to see that Hermione was not watching the others dance anymore. Instead she was staring at her hand which were situated in her lap, a small frown tugging at her lips.

"Hey, you okay over there, Granger?"

She looked up quickly. "Hm? Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I am, I swear."

Draco closed his eyes and took a few deep, soothing breaths. He was going to do it. He had to ask her to dance. He couldn't live with himself if he'd had the opportunity and didn't take it.

He stood slowly, tugging at his suit coat, buttoning it quickly. Then he turned to her. She looked up at him, letting go of her sleeve which she had been messing with to pass time. He bowed cautiously and extended a hand to her.

"Would you like to dance?"

For a moment she didn't say anything, just stare at his hand, her mouth slightly agape. Then she met his eyes like he had met hers before and smiled.

"I would love to dance with you."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

289K 8.6K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
3K 61 18
My name is Ember Kline. I am 21 years old and I have telekentic abilities but I can't control them. I am running from my past and find myself on the...
161K 17.3K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
87.3K 2.7K 35
Credit to ink_readable for the beautiful cover! Go follow them! <3 A revamp of the original A Court of Blood and Night. Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius...