Precious Jewel || Archie Andr...

By am-musings

(Complete) "Jason's gone. And I'll never get to tell him I love him face-to-face even for the last time." - D... More

Full Summary
Meet the Characters
Playlist
Epigraph
Episode 1 - Return to Riverdale
Episode 1 - A Day of School
Episode 1 - When Hope Is Lost
Episode 2 - The Start of Something New
Episode 2 - Friendships Formed
Episode 3 - Budding Feelings
Episode 3 - B, D and V, and The Playbook
Episode 4 - The Truth Behind Miss Grundy
Episode 4 - The Twilight Drive-In
Episode 5 - Misunderstandings
Episode 5 - Goodbyes and New Beginnings
Episode 6 - Auditions & Polly Cooper
Episode 6 - Facing Fears
Episode 7 - Finding Polly
Episode 7 - Not All Hope is Lost
Episode 8 - Matthew Dylan & Baby Showers
Episode 8 - The Truth About Juggy's Dad
Episode 9 - Maple Syrup Week
Episode 10 - Happy Birthday Jughead
Episode 11 - Riverdale Homecoming
Episode 11 - FP Jones
Episode 12 - Pieces of a Puzzle
Episode 12 - The Truth Comes Out
Episode 13 - The Beginning of the End
Updated Author's Note

Episode 13 - Bittersweet Endings

3.2K 64 17
By am-musings

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

-------------------------------

---------- (AT SWEETWATER RIVER) ----------

The gang arrived at the place and ran around trying to look for signs of Cheryl anywhere.

"Cheryl?"

"Cheryl?"

"Cheryl?"

They stopped as they reached the edge of the forest and near the frozen river.

"She's not here." Archie stated as they stopped to catch their breath.

"Over there! Oh, my God. She's over there!" Betty pointed to a figure bobbing in the snow.

"Cheryl!" They all cried as they started to run towards her.

"Cheryl, stop! What are you doing?" Daniel angrily cried out at her.

"Wait, wait! Wait, Jug!" Archie warned Jughead who stepped into the ice that was over the river.

"The ice. He's right. Too much weight, and we'll all go under." Jughead informed them.

"Cheryl!" Archie shouted to get her attention.

"Cheryl, please. Just come to the shore and we'll figure this out together, okay?" Ronnie pleaded.

"Fuck this. I'm not losing her too." Diana said as she ran out to the river and arrived just in time to see Cheryl fall down the hole she made.

"NO!" She screamed as she ran faster to where she last saw the redhead. She was already looking around when the other's reached her.

"The current has her." Daniel pointed out.

"Spread out, spread out!" Jughead ordered and they began clearing the snow on top of the ice to see the water below.

"She's here! She's here!" Archie cried out and they all ran towards him.

Archie started to punch the ice.

"Arch, be careful!" Diana told him with tears in her eyes.

Soon, Daniel joined in and together, they tried to break the wall of ice that prevented them from rescuing their friend. Blood soon coated the ice but neither of them stopped as the others tried to call around for help. Soon the ice broke and Archie and Danny pulled Cheryl out the water. Archie started doing chest compressions while Daniel did mouth to mouth. Cheryl soon spit out the water that was in her lungs and Archie carried her back to the car.

---------- (LATER THAT DAY || EVERGREEN MANOR) ----------

Cheryl was seated in front of the fireplace in Evergreen Manor with a blanket around her.

"Hey." Diana smiled weakly as she sat beside her.

"Hot chocolate? With a little splash of peppermint liqueur." Danny stated as he sat on Cheryl's other side.

"Thank you." Cheryl told the both of them.

"No problem. Are you warm enough?" Diana asked as she fixed the blanket on Cheryl to make it cover her more since Daniel couldn't do it because of the broken hand he had sustained from punching the ice.

"Why did you do it, Cher-bear?" Danny asked her as Diana stopped messing with the blankets and turned to her as well.

"I just felt like I wasn't needed or wanted anymore. First, Jay-Jay's gone and now daddy is as well. And mommy won't even let me mourn properly. I just wanted it all to end. I wanted to be with Jay-Jay so I didn't have to feel anything, anymore. I guess mom really was right. The Blossom family name is cursed. I'm kind of glad that Nate's last name is Kennedy." Cheryl confessed.

"Cher-bear. When we said we'd always have your back, we meant it. Whatever you need and whenever you need it, we'll always be here for you. You're like a sister to me, and you remind me of your brother every single day. He wouldn't have wanted this for you. Taking the easy way out? The Cheryl I know would have fought tooth and nail to succeed and get to the top no matter what. I love you and I want you safe and sound always." Diana told her as she hugged the redhead who hugged her back.

"Well, you're welcome to stay as long as you like but Di and I have to get to the Jubilee. Are you gonna be alright here by yourself?" Daniel asked as he stood up from his position on the floor.

"I'll just warm up and go home." Cheryl told the both of them.

"Don't do it again, okay? Who's gonna tell Nate the stories of his dad and aunt when they were still kids? He'll miss you a lot for sure." Diana said as she stood up as well and Cheryl nodded with a small smile before the twins turned to leave the manor.

---------- (JUBILEE PROGRAM || TOWN HALL) ----------

Archie was practicing trying to play his guitar with a matching broken hand like Daniel's.

"That's what you get for punching a river of ice. Are you sure you should be performing?" Diana asked him worriedly as she entered the room and stood in front of him.

"Do you remember Freshman year, when I played the whole season with a broken hand?" Archie asked.

"That was a taped-up hand." Diana said as she looked down, not meeting his eyes.

"Hey. You okay?" Archie asked, picking up on her mood.

"When we were at Southside High, you were looking at Betty and Jughead...I don't know, wistfully."

"Wistfully?"

"Longingly. Like you liked Betty." Diana admitted.

"I do. I always will. As friends. The moment you're talking about, I was seeing Betty and Jughead and I was seeing how good they were, and it confirmed how I've been feeling these past few weeks. I know Jason will always be your first love. I want to be what Jughead is to Betty for you." Archie told her.

"A soulmate? A broad shoulder I can cry on every now and then?" Diana asked teasingly as she draped an arm over his shoulder and one hand caressed the side of his face.

Archie laughed before answering, "Yeah" in a serious tone.

"Arch, babe, you may not have noticed but you've been that for me ever since before I left, before I got together with Jason and even sometimes when Jase and I fought. I just never saw you in a different light apart from friendship until I got back. I came back to Riverdale, to mourn the loss of my love, never expecting to find it again, especially with one of my closest friends. But I felt like, your soul, it called to me, telling me I could learn to trust it and warming the ice walls I've built around my heart. Now that we found out who killed Jase, I feel like I can finally start to move on completely. I talked to him about you and I felt like he was telling me that he approved. So, to show you how much I'm ready to move forward with you, I got you this." Diana said as she reached into her pocket and retrieved a silver chain with a sapphire gem slab in the middle along with a silver dog tag that said: Kennedy.

She put it on him and he pulled it up once she was done to get a closer look.

"Di, babe, wow, this is beautiful." He said as he admired the jewelry.

"I, uh, have one for myself." Diana shyly stated as she took out the necklace from under the dress.

It was like Archie's except the gem was a ruby and the dog tag said: Andrews. Archie pulled her back closer to him.

"I don't know what to say, babe." He stated.

"Then let me be the one to speak this time. I love you, Archibald Andrews. I love you, I love you, I love you." Diana said as she kissed his forehead and nose after each I love you before finally kissing his lips after the third one.

Things started heating up but were interrupted by Josie and the pussycats. They broke apart and looked embarrassedly at the group.

"Earlier, your girl Di, here, called to tell me what happened with Cheryl. I've reconsidered something. About your song." Josie said and Archie couldn't help but smile big at the news.

(MEANWHILE WITH VERONICA AND DANIEL)

Daniel was sitting at a chair in another room, staring at his broken hand when Veronica entered and saw him there.

"It was very brave what you did for Cheryl." She stated and Danny looked up at her with a grin.

"Yeah? You think I could pass for a superhero now?" Danny asked her teasingly as she walked towards him and sat sideways on his lap to look at his hand.

She took it and looked into his eyes as she kissed it to make him feel better.

"You are amazing, Daniel John Kennedy." Ronnie said in a low tone.

"All I ever wanna be is someone capable of protecting you from anything. I know that I could never be superman, I can't fly you to places you wanna go, but I promise that I'll try my best to be superhuman. For you. I love you, Veronica Lodge." Danny told her honestly.

"You're my soulmate, my shoulder to cry on, and my own personal superhero. You don't need to be able to fly or have super strength just to impress me because you're doing a great job so far being yourself. I love you too, Danny." She said as she leaned in to kiss him.

Pretty soon, they were in a heated make out session but was interrupted by someone entering the room.

"Hey, guys! Guess wha- Oh, my God!" It was Diana who had said that as she entered the room and saw the two in a heated liplock.

They broke apart and looked at Diana embarrassed.

"What do you want, Di?" Danny asked her sister.

"Uhm, Josie, the Pussycats and Archie need you both. They're changing the setlist to Archie's song." Diana informed before leaving the room.

Ronnie just shook her head before kissing Danny's cheek and getting up from his lap. She pulled him up as well before heading over the other room to go over Archie's song with the others.

---------- TIMESKIP (START OF PROGRAM || TOWN HALL) ----------

Mayor McCoy was addressing the audience.

"Welcome, one and all, to Riverdale's 75th anniversary Jubilee celebration!" She said as people cheered and clapped.

She waited for the audience to calm down before speaking again.

"I couldn't be any more thrilled to introduce my daughter, Josie, and her Pussycats, as they perform alongside our local heroes, Archie Andrews and Daniel Kennedy!" Mayor McCoy introduced.

The audience cheered as the performers walked to the center of the stage. Josie spoke into the mike first.

"Hi, hi, everyone. We're switching things up tonight. We are singing a song that my boy, Archie Andrews, wrote. So..." She said as she made way for Archie to take Center stage and joined the pussycats on Archie's right while Danny was on his left.

Play: (These Are the Moments I Remember || Riverdale Cast)

[Verse 1: Archie]

Every moment we're together

Is a moment I remember

I'll take the good, the bad, the better

And the smell of your favourite sweater

These are moments I remember

[Chorus: All]

My love, my heart

I wanna share it with you

Tough breaks, new starts

I wanna share it with you

[Verse 2: Danny and Josie]

When there's nothing left that's certain

Then it's time to raise the curtains

Whispers of a truth that shatters

Dove deep to collect the errors

These are moments we'll remember

[Chorus: All]

My love, my heart

I wanna share it with you

Tough breaks, new starts

I wanna share it with you

When it seams too hard to bear

I'll be here or I'll be there

I wanna share it with you

[Bridge: Josie]

What's come undone

Can be built up

Stronger than ever before

[Chorus: All]

My love, my heart

I wanna share it with you

Tough breaks, new starts

I wanna share it with you

When it seems too hard to bear

I'll be here or I'll be there

I wanna share it with you

In the middle of the song, Danny made eye contact with Ronnie and winked in her direction as she smiled at him. Archie looked at Diana who was seated with Nate in the crowd and gave her a wide smile to which she blew a kiss back to him and made Nate wave. But somehow, Archie found her eyes straying to Betty who was at the side with Mayor McCoy. Once the song finished, everyone was clapping for the performers as they exited the stage and Betty went up to the podium and started her speech.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to thank Mayor McCoy for inviting me to speak on this historic day. Seventy-five years of Riverdale..." She trailed off and looked at the audience as she saw Jughead, who had just entered, by the entrance.

"But what is Riverdale? It's the people, right? You, me, our friends, our neighbors." She continued.

"Riverdale is Archie Andrews." She stated which earned cheers from a few people in the crowd.

"Kevin Keller is Riverdale. Veronica Lodge, she's Riverdale. Daniel Kennedy, he's Riverdale as well." She listed more examples.

"But you know who else is Riverdale? FP Jones, who we were so quick to blame for Jason's murder. Diana Kennedy, who isn't here on stage with us because of her undeniable connection to the Blossoms. Jughead Jones is Riverdale, the very soul of Riverdale. Without him, we may not have ever found out what happened to Jason. And yet how do we thank him? By banishing him. Which is what we do when the truth gets too ugly in Riverdale. Truth being that Clifford Blossom was also Riverdale. Riverdale's at a crossroads. If we don't face the reality of who and what we are, if we keep lying to ourselves and keeping secrets from each other, then what happened to Jason could happen again. Or, God forbid, something even worse. Riverdale must do better. We must do better." She ended and everyone was silent for a moment and Betty looked down, embarrassed.

That was before Jughead started clapping, followed by Kevin, and then Diana stood up and clapped as well. After this, everyone started clapping and gave Betty a standing ovation and she smiled at the crowd.

---------- (LATER THAT NIGHT || POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOP) ---------

The 6 teens were seated in a booth, each with a milkshake of their own. Daniel had pulled Ronnie closer that she was halfway sitting on his lap, Jughead had an arm around Betty who had put one of her feet up in the chair, and Archie and Diana sat close, leaning towards the table and Archie had an arm around Diana's waist.

"To Daniel Kennedy and Archie Andrews, who both saved the cheerleader and the town." Ronnie said as she lifted her milkshake up for a toast.

"You know what, actually I think it was Betty's speech." Archie told them.

"Here, here to Betty Cooper." Diana cheerfully said and everyone clinked the glasses as they said "Cheers!"

-------------------------------  

We had many milkshakes that night, and we all felt that as dangerous as the world around us had become, here, at least in this booth, we were safe.

-------------------------------  

---------- (A FEW HOURS LATER) ----------

(WITH BETTY AND JUGHEAD || JONES TRAILER)

"Wow, it looks great in here." Betty commented as she saw how clean the place was.

"I cleaned it up after Sheriff Keller trashed it. Just in case my dad..." Jughead trailed off as he threw his coat and keys to the side.

"Until he gets out, I'm not giving up on him, Jug." Betty stated with her back turned to him as she continued looking around.

"Hell no. That is why I love you, Betty." Jughead said which made Betty turn to face him.

"I love you, Betty Cooper." He stated again as she walked towards where he was standing.

"Jughead Jones. I love you." She replied before she kissed him.

They kissed for a bit until Jughead picked her up and she laughed.

(WITH VERONICA AND DANIEL || THE PEMBROOKE)

Ronnie was sneaking Danny into the suite and her room. They tiptoed along the halls quietly.

"What about your mom?" Danny asked her.

"At this hour, after mixing her reds and whites at the Jubilee, she's no doubt sleeping soundly in the arms of Prince Valium. So, come on in, but keep it quiet, okay?" Ronnie seductively said as Danny put an arm around her and looked down at her with a smile as she pulled him into her room.

Danny leaned against the wall beside the door as Ronnie closed it and stepped closer to him. They started kissing and soon, Ronnie started taking off her heels as Danny unzipped the back of her dress and she helped Danny get his button-up shirt off while he took off his own shoes as well. They kept kissing as Ronnie helped pull Danny's white undershirt off and started walking backwards where Danny lifted her up to sit on the edge of the bed. Ronnie pulled away a little, their faces still close together to take of her dress and reveal her bra. She ran a hand up Danny's abs as they kissed again.

"I never expected falling for you, Daniel Kennedy. But I'm glad you're the one who's here with me." Ronnie whispered as she pulled him into another kiss as they fell back on the bed.

(WITH DIANA AND ARCHIE || EVERGREEN MANOR)

Diana laughed quietly as Archie stumbled a little when he entered through the door way.

"Shh. You'll wake people up. Are you sure you wanna do this?" Archie asked her as she pulled him upstairs in the direction of her bedroom.

"Babe, you've been so patient and amazing and I'm ready to experience this again, with you." She stated as she opened the bedroom door and stepped inside.

"What about Nate? What if he wakes up?" Archie asked as he entered the room and turned to close the door behind him.

"The walls are soundproofed, trust me. Now, are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna love me?" She asked and Archie turned back to her, having just finished locking the door to see her dress on the floor, her seated on the edge of the bed in only her heels and underwear.

Archie looked at her with wide eyes. Taking in her almost naked form. Diana stood up from her position and walked towards a still shocked Archie. She placed her arms around his neck and pushed his head forward so she could whisper in his ear.

"I love you, Archie Andrews. And I want to share this with you." She said before Archie broke out of his trance and started kissing her, making her walk back and fall back into the bed where Archie straddled her waist as her hands made their way to undo his belt buckle and he started taking off his button-up and his white undershirt.

(WITH BETTY AND JUGHEAD)

Jughead had propped up Betty on one of the counters as they continued making out. They pulled away a little as they both helped each other take off their shirts before kissing again. Jughead started kissing down Betty's neck when a knock on the trailer door interrupted their moment.

"Oh, my God." Betty cried out, shocked at the sudden interruption.

"Is that your mom?" Jughead asked her.

"Who else would it be?" Betty answered, frustrated.

They both put on their shirts before Jughead opened the door to see the Southside Serpents on his porch.

"Easy, Hot Dog. He's family." One of the members said, holding a barking dog back.

"Hey." Jughead greeted them cautiously.

"Heard your dad could have named names but didn't. Serpents take care of their own. We wanted you to know, no matter what happens to him, however long he's gone, we've got your back." One of the bigger members said.

He held up a Serpent jacket to Jughead.

"This is yours, if you want it." He offered.

Jughead took it and looked at the name SOUTH SIDE embroidered in the back. He smirked before putting it on.

"Juggy?" Betty called out, confused as to what he was doing, wearing the jacket.

---------- (NEXT DAY || THE PEMBROOKE) ----------

Veronica woke up to the smell of food. She opened her eyes and saw Daniel seated in front of her with a tray of breakfast.

"Breakfast in bed again? I must say, Mr. Kennedy, you are quite the charmer." Veronica said as she sat up and Daniel laughed a little.

"I always take care of my girl." He said with a grin as he pushed the tray closer to Ronnie and moved forward as well.

"Last night was out of this world." He whispered as he leaned his face closer to hers.

"You were amazing." Ronnie whispered back.

"You were amazing as well. I love you." Danny told her before pulling her into a kiss.

(WITH DIANA AND ARCHIE)

Archie was quietly trying to put on his clothes when Diana woke up.

"Leaving without saying goodbye? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were in it for the sex, Arch." Diana teased him as he turned and approached the bed and sat down on the edge, leaning forward to kiss Diana who had sat up.

"I was trying not to wake you. My dad texted me asking to meet at Pop's for breakfast." Archie explained once he pulled away.

"Which is what you guys do when he wants to talk to you about something serious, I know." Diana continued with a smile.

"Probably me staying out all night." Archie said with a small laugh.

"Ooooo, Archie's in trouble." Diana teased with a giggle as Archie leaned back in and kissed her, effectively shutting her up.

"Go on. I'll call you later." Diana said dazedly, once she pulled back from the kiss.

Archie laughed before standing up and gathering his stuff before leaving.

---------- (FEW MINUTES LATER || POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOP) ----------

Archie entered the establishment and looked around for his dad.

"Hey, Cassanova. I... I ordered you the usual." Fred called out and Archie looked towards the booth his dad sat in.

"Thanks, Dad. I'm just gonna go wash my hands." He answered as he went in the direction of the bathroom.

He washed his hands as he looked at his reflection in the mirror, smiling brightly, thinking about everything that just happened and the night with Diana. Suddenly, he heard the bell ring.

"Who's in charge here? Show me where the safe is!" He heard a burly voice call out and was on instant alert.

"There is no safe." Pops answered, scared.

"You've got a safe. Show me where it is! Where's the safe, old man?" The person demanded.

"There ain't no safe."

"Show me where the safe is!" By this time, Archie had carefully walked out the bathroom and to the side where he could see someone on the counter with a mask pointing a gun at Pops.

He looked towards his dad who shook his head no, telling him not to move from his hiding place. Fred slowly stood up from the booth which caught the attention of the burglar. He jumped from the counter and pointed his gun at Fred who raised his hands out in surrender.

"Give me your wallet!" He cried out and Archie couldn't just stand there and watch as the man threatened his dad.

He ran out of his hiding place just as a gunshot when off.

-------------------------------  

Imagine this instant, frozen in time. People will look back at this as the exact moment that last bit of Riverdale's innocence finally died.

When darkness won. Marked by an act of violence, that was anything but random.

-------------------------------  

Archie knelt down and cried over his dad's bleeding form. His good hand, applying pressure on the bullet wound as Pop was urgently calling for help through his phone.

Fred looked up at Archie's tearful face as he felt himself being sucked into the darkness.

Until everything just went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 2.1K 30
COMPLETED Just a bunch of bughead one-shots:) Some of these are from different fanfictions that I've written but I really liked the chapters to I cho...
1K 22 13
Betty, whom has been best friends with Archie and Jughead for years, has loved Archie since she was 5, But right when she is about to confess her fee...
284K 11.5K 126
C O M I N G ▶︎ O F ▶︎ A G E Archie Andrews and Jughead Jones have been friends since they were four. Coming of age story where somewhere down the lin...
129 0 14
This Riverdale fanfiction is very close to the TV series, but has its own special touch and it is not necessary to have seen the series to follow the...