The Chains of Love and sorrow

By WinterDragonslayer44

Lucy Heartfilia was a slave sold to the most powerful man Natsu Dragneel This isn't the kind of stories were... More

The beggining
true kindness
Hello Readers!
NOT AN UPDATE
Did it have to be like this?
Distance
A/n
Quick A/n
Seperation, Sorrow chains
Warning!: readers must read
Q & A's
Important
One Dance (picture edited)
Announcment: im sorry
When the Snow Falls
Not and Update
Really quick update!
Hello readers!
An important announcement and a very serious question
Fever
Important A/n
Im alive!!
The meaning of family
A/n... again?!
Stories are on hold..
My father to remember
Our Final Wish of Happiness
Help me! (Life update)

Happiness

4.7K 170 131
By WinterDragonslayer44

The sky became gloomy. Not because the weather man in tv made a mistake on it to be a hit sunny day, but it felt gloomy to her.

The sky was grey and it was cold outside.
Lucy sat herself on her bed, feeling better from the fever. Her eyes full of hurt over what she did.

But how, she thought, could she ever find love.

A slave she became and a man became her savior out of the others. She's had three masters but Bora took her away from them to have her resold. She didn't know what love was.

She stopped feeling love since her mother passed. Since her father became abusive. Since he sold her. Since through her 4 years as a slave. She is 21 years old and her father drunkly sold her at the age of 17.

She never got her dream. To be a writer. Or even a photographer. She loved things that spoke beauty when she herself didn't know the definition of the word, but knew it by a poem or a picture.

She needed to fix this. She knew what she must do because it was right.
She stood up from her bed brushing her clothes a bit to look decent.

Her footsteps echoed down the halls as she looked for Natsu. She came across Virgo a minute or two and asked if he was around.

"Master-San is out at a meeting at the moment, but he shall return later this evening".

"Oh.. well, thank you Virgo. I think I'll go for a walk in the gardens".

"Shall I accompany you, princess"?

Lucy gave a kind smile to the maid, "yes, I'd like that. And you can just call me Lucy. I'm not royalty Virgo. I'm your friend".

"Will Lucy punish her friend now for calling her royalty"?

"Uh.. no. Virgo I'll never punish you".

Tears started to form in the blank face maid, which concerned Lucy.
"V-Virgo I didn't mean to hurt your feelings! I'm sorry".

"It's okay, your kindness killed me, which shall be a great punishment I will cherish "!

Virgo then started to walk down the halls with Lucy, as one thought came to her mind.

"I love you Virgo, but I'm not even gonna question you anymore".

It was a little time later, Lucy and Virgo were enjoying a laugh in conversation when something caught both their attentions.

Under a small rose bush, a hint of blue was seen. This caught their attention and they seized to the mystery blue.

"Be careful Lucy-sama", Virgo informed.

Lucy moved some leaves and what came to her sight shocked her.

A little boy was laying in the ground with his blue jacket sleeve stuck in the bush.

He looked a little scared.
"P-please I.. I didn't mean to trespass y-your home ma'am"!

"Trespass"? Lucy and Virgo walked around the bush and helped the little boy. He looked to be around 8 years old. He was dirty along with his clothes, which he wore a blue hoodie that had cat ears on the hood, brown shorts that ended at his knees, brown shoes, and a green scarf he had tied around his neck. His hair was blue and kinda spiky almost like he had cat ears. And on the back of his hoodie was white wings imprinted on.

"Why have you trespassed in the Masters--". Lucy held her hand up to Virgo as to try and stop her, letting her know she would take over the situation.

"It's okay Virgo". She looked at the little boy. "You seem to be scared. Why don't you come inside and we can clean you up and give you something to eat".

Virgo took this as a surprise.

"Eat"?

"Mhm. You must be hungry, right"?

He nodded, looking ashamed. Lucy kindly smiled and helped him up.
"And your hands. Were they cut by the thorns"?

"M-mhm.. and I fell too".

"Can you walk"?

He nodded as Lucy and Virgo led the little boy inside.

Virgo was washing some dishes as Lucy and the boy were sitting at the dining room table. He was eating some fish cakes which he gladly enjoyed.

"Can you tell me your name again"?

"I'm Happy", he said with his mouth full. Lucy still gave a kind smile to him.

"Happy"?

"Mhm. It's not my real name, but I don't remember it. So I was called Happy and I made that my new name".

Lucy finished putting the small bandaids on Happy's hands and his knees where he fell. She even put some on her fingers where the thorns nicked her.

"I think it's a cute name", Lucy said.

"I'm Lucy. Happy, can you tell me why you were in the garden"?

Happy stopped eating as he had the ashamed look on his face.

"I.. ran away..".

"How come"?

"I'm an orphan.. and they were gonna send me away. But I didn't want to because I felt like no one cared about me. That's why I ran away to be on my own".

Lucy's heart welled up. It was almost as if this orphanage was like a slave trade. He didn't want to feel like an object.

"P-please don't send me back.. I promise I'll leave when I'm done eating".

"I'm sorry, but you can not go". Lucy and Happy looked at Virgo, who just finished cleaning.

"Our master will have to speak with you on that. In the mean time, Lucy-Sama and myself will keep an eye on you".

Happy didn't like that. He looked scared that they would take him back. Lucy felt bad about it, an idea sparked in her.

"You know what? While we wait let's do something fun around here"!

"Fun", Happy and Virgo spoke.

"Mhm! You can go swimming in the pool. We have a game room. A library of you wanna read. And some board games".

"I.. I don't really swim that good", Happy spoke.

"Lucy-sama and I can teach you Happy-san".

"Really"?

"Yeah, we'd love to".

Happy smiled.

It was about a few hours. They all laughed and played. Happy learned to swim, but he preferred using floaties.

They played some card games, which he loved. Course he cheated sometimes and hid some cards up his sleeve. But Lucy didn't mind. They were just being childish.

And finally, Happy was reading a book on all kinds of colored fish.
Lucy smiled when Virgo walked up to her.

"Lucy-sama, Master Dragneel is home".

The smile dropped a little. She only hoped that Natsu wouldn't be angry.

"Lucy", she heard him call out. Happy heard it to because he dropped the book and looked up.

"In the living room Natsu", she called out. Happy stood on his feet as he walked up to Lucy.

"Lucy-san, who is Natsu"?

"Natsu.. is our Master".

When the door opened to the living room, Happy shyly hid a little behind Lucy, gripping the skirt of her dress.

It took Natsu by surprise. A lot.

"And this is.."?

Virgo bowed and left the room for them to speak in private.

"Natsu, before you get mad or anything, let me explain--".
"Please don't be mad", Happy cried out.

Lucy looked at him a little shocked as he stepped in front of her. Natsu payed attention to the little boy.

"Miss Lucy-san, was helping me. I.. I was in your garden because I was running away. She helped me and she healed me, see", he showed Natsu his hands that had bandaids on them. "She is kind and she gave me food. She and Virgo-san! So, please don't be mad at them"!

Lucy was touched that Happy was trying to protect her from Natsu's possible anger of a stranger in the house. But he looked calm.

Natsu walked up, crouching down a bit and looking at Happy, who was still in front of Lucy.

"What's your name, little guy"?

"H-happy sir"!

"And why did you run away Happy"?

Happy looked down a little, fidgeting with his hoodie.
"F-from.. and orphanage. They were gonna send me away and I didn't want to. I ran away to live on my own unless someone loved me and took me in.. l-like Lucy did"!

Natsu looked at Lucy before taking a deep breath.

"Lucy,set up a bedroom for Happy. Tomorrow, we will sort this out".

"Please don't send me back", Happy cried. Lucy felt bad and placed her hand in Happy's shoulder.

"Happy, it's gonna be okay".

"B-but I don't wanna leave you, Lucy-san". He gave her a hug, which surprised her a little off balance. But she gave a small pet to his head, then picked him up and carried him to a bed room. Natsu took a thought, only then to pull his phone out to make a phone call.

Happy was asleep in a bed as Lucy left the room. She noticed Natsu was waiting for her outside.

"N-Natsu"?

He nudged his head, signaling her to walk with him.

"So, what are you gonna--".
"Let's put the current situation aside. I already called the orphanage".

Lucy's heart felt hurt. She already loved Happy, and grew attached. She was gonna feel more sad that Natsu was sending him back.

".. it's not my opinion on what you choose".

Natsu stopped. "I know, but that's not what I want to talk about".

She looked at him as he loosened a few buttons of his shirt, and loosened his red tie.
"Lucy.. about the kiss".

Her heart races as she held her hand out. "N-Natsu wait. Let me speak first".

He became silent for a while before letting her proceed.

" I want to apologize for my action. I.. know you have a bad history in.. that subject. Levy and Juvia told me.. Honestly, Natsu, I don't know what came over me to do it. I promise it won't happened again..".

".. Lucy, what did they tell you".

She took a deep breath before speaking. "That you loved someone before, and they did something wrong. They used you for what they wanted. They told me you don't fall in love anymore because of it".

"No.. they're wrong".

"Huh"?

"I never said I'd stop falling in love. I just didn't trust it no more. But that doesn't mean I'm heartless about it".

".. I don't understand".

"What's there not to understand Lucy", he asked her.

"I don't even know what love is, myself".

His eyes widen a little.

"To me, love is something I don't know. A word in a fairytale book or a dictionary and I still don't know it. I don't remember the feeling. I stopped feeling it when I was a child and I forgot how it felt since..".

"Live isn't a fairytale".

Lucy looked up, just as Natsu brought her into a hug.
"Love is something different. Love is like the opposite of hate, pain, and sorrow. It comes in different ways, Lucy. It's only up to us to define it. Not let books or others tell us why".

She could feel her cheeks blushing red.

"Lucy...".

Her eyes widen when she felt it. Hip lips were on her forehead and.. they felt.

Warm.

Her heart raced and she felt warmth.

".. Let's see what love is in our own way".

She was still blushing as he let her go and yawned.

"Well, long day tomorrow. We should get some rest. Night Luce".

As he walked away, she only kept thinking to herself as she walked towards her bedroom.

"... Love in our own way. What does he mean"?

Natsu, Lucy, and Happy were standing in the opening room, waiting. Happy looked sad as he held Lucy's hand, hugging her. She didn't want to let him go either. She grew something towards the little boy that seeing him go would make her feel hurt.

As there was a knock on the door, Capricorn opened it letting the person in. A woman wearing a long skirt and formal shirt with her hair in a bun and glasses, holding a brief case walked in.

"Hello Mr. Dragneel. Ms. Heartfilia".

Natsu shook the woman's hand as they walked off to the greeting room. She placed the brief case down, took some papers out, and had him sign them.

"Lucy, please come here for a sec".

Lucy looked at Happy as he went to the stairs and sat down on then. She then walked to where Natsu was as he handed her a pen.

"Just sign where my name is".

"Natsu, wha-".
"You'll see later".

She gave no choice but signed her name on the paper.

The woman smiled as she gathered the papers and put them back, shaking their hands again.

"Great. I'm glad this worked out just fine. The official papers of adoption will be emailed and printed to you in Monday, Mr. Dragneel. Have a good day".

Natsu smiled at her, "thank you. Have a good day as well".

As she left, Lucy looked at Natsu.

"W-wha-- adoption"?!

"Yep. Oi, Happy! Come here for a sec"!

Happy walked into the room.

"Listen, I wasn't gonna send you back. So, I called the orphanage and made a big decision".

"D-decision"?

"Yep. Happy, you love being here right"?

"Y-yeah".

"And you're okay with Lucy"?

"Yeah! Lucy-san is kind and the best"!

Natsu kindly smiled at Happy as he ruffled his blue hair.

"Well, those papers Lucy and I signed are proof that we are your legal guardians now".

Lucy's heart melted. She and Natsu weren't married, but they saved a little boy from being transferred. And they gave him a home.

Happy was overjoyed and hugged Natsu, giving repeated thank you's and tears of happiness.

Lucy smiled as well and joined the hug.

"And hey, you don't have to call us 'Mom' or 'Dad'. You can call us whatever you want".

Happy could speak over his happiness at the moment and just nodded.

"Natsu..".

Natsu looked at Lucy as she smiled at him.

"You really are a kind man who saved my life and Happy's too. It's not love but... you're special to both of us".

Natsu smiled, picking up Happy and bringing his arm around Lucy's shoulders, bringing he in.

"Let's celebrate! To our new member of the Dragneel household "!

Lucy and Happy cheered with Natsu, and for that whole day, they were like a real family.

That's all Happy wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 56 9
My name is Lucy Heartfilla, a year ago today I ran away from home. I met a dragon slayer called Natsu Dragneel and he welcomed me into his wizard gui...
61.2K 1.9K 9
One day when Lucy went and discovered items her mother left her, she began to have this nightmare. Forgetting everyone was a scary thing, but she kn...
431K 14.3K 50
Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel are best friends since they are young. They are always together. They do everything together. They don't keep secr...
2.6K 114 11
Natsu Dragneel is the son of the CEO of Dragneel Co. a business spread all over the world known to sell the purest hearts... Lucy Heartfilia is the w...