Pretty Boy || Niall Horan

By JeanChanty

It was junior year and Ashley Johnson was moving to London. She was used to being the new girl since she move... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two || (1/2)
Chapter Twenty-Two || (2/2)
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter Nine

2.7K 56 11
By JeanChanty

Last edited: 4/18/17
__________________________

Venus

I blew raspberries and sighed, staring at my friend, Daniel, beside me. I was currently in language arts class. Usually, this class is fun for me, but I wasn't really feeling it today. I pouted at Daniel, hoping he'd do something to entertain me. Daniel is, like, the comic relief of my school life. When I'm having a stressful day, I know I can look forward to language arts where he would make me smile and laugh and forget all the bad things in the world.

"Take a picture," he spoke up, looking at me in the corner of his eye, "it'll last longer."

"No , thanks, I'd like to keep my camera from shattering," I said back, "your ugliness is not something I'd like to capture in time."

He chuckled and rolled his eyes, "puh-lease, Ve, we all know that I'm the hottest," he joked, bending his elbow to pretend he was flexing.

I put my arm on his bicep, he, instantly, flexed and I repressed a laugh.

He wiggled his eyebrows at me, "I've always known you were attracted to me," he joked. I giggled.

"Except, I have a boyfriend," I said. I didn't want to be that 'I have a boyfriend' girl, but this time it was fine because it was all fun and games.

"He kind of hates me," Daniel said, leaning back on his chair and folding his arms in front of me, "your boyfriend, Dean."

"He doesn't hate you, Danny," I said, resting my head on my backpack that laid on my table, but not breaking eye contact, "he's just salty that you come first alphabetically."

"What?"

"Well, you're D-A and he's D-E."

"Dick... ass and dick... elephant?"

I broke of into fits of laughter, laughing at the dumb boy. We had the weirdest humor. I look over at Dean, who sat a few seats to my right and he was already looking, though he looked a bit pissed. I knit my eyebrows together in confusion and waved at him. He waves back and looks away. I shrug and continued to joke around with Daniel.
__________________________

Ashley

The girls and I were about to go to the mall after school when Liam walks over to us, in [american] football gear.

"Hey, the boys and I are having a football practice and we were wondering if you guys want to stay and watch?" Liam asked, "and we can hang out after school."

We all look at each other, telepathically saying 'I'll go if you go'. Lizzy turns to Liam and nod.

"Sure, right now?" Lizzy asked.

"Yup," Liam smiled, "Just head outside to the football field."

"I didn't know you boys played football," I said, following Liam as we walk towards the field.

He chuckled, "Yeah."

The walk to the football field was pretty short. The girls and I settled a couple rows back in the bleachers.

"So," Venus said, after a couple minutes of silence, "You and Niall, is something happening between you?" She turned to me, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No!" I blushed, getting frustrated with everyone asking me about Niall, "Of course not. What made you think that?"

"Well, you were staring at Niall for 10 straight minutes," Venus said, scoffing.

"No, I wasn't," I defended. I wasn't.. was I?

The rest of the girls nod, agreeing with Venus.

"Why don't you swim?" I asked Venus, attempting to change the subject. I was really hoping she'd drop it.

"I simply just can't swim," She shrugged.

"I can teach you, come with us to California," I begged her. It won't be the same without Venus' hilarious sass and endearing laughs.

She shook her head, "Swimsuits and bikinis isn't my thing either."

"Why not?"

"I'm not exactly skinny, so I don't look great in them."

"So?"

"And I have red hair, it will easily fade in the water and leave me with bizarre black and blonde hair."

"Oh."

We fell quiet, watching the boys play football.

"So, Ally," I said, keeping up a conversation, "You and Nathaniel."

Ally blushed, "Wh-What do you mean?"

She couldn't fancy him more, not even if she tried.

"I don't know, just you and Nathaniel. Nathaniel seems to be interested in you and vice veca," I shrugged.

"Liar!" She said. I jumped at the sudden accusation. What the hell was that?

"Well, why don't you go ask him yourself," I taunted.

"And why would I do th―"

"Hey guys!"

Venus and Lizzy screamed in fright as Nathaniel pops out of nowhere and Ally's cheeks turn crimson red and I burst out laughing.

"Did I seriously scare you guys?" Nathaniel says, laughing. He takes a seat between me and Ally. He pulls out a bag of chips out of his backpack and hands it around. The boys soon took a break and walked over to us. Niall grabbed the bag of chips and basically ate half of it.

Liam turned to Zayn, "hey, Perrie hasn't been in my classes. She never, usually, misses school, let alone miss it for days. Did something come up?"

Zayn bit his lips and twiddled around his thumbs, "Well, she got into a car accident."

Venus gasped, "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, she's fine," Zayn said, waving it off. "She'll be out of the hospital tomorrow.

Venus nods snatched the bag of chips from Niall, "Stop eating like a pig!" She shouted at him. Niall and Venus then gets into a small argument over the chips and I roll my eyes playfully, they're fighting like a married couple.

Soon, the boys had to get back to football practice. After a couple of minutes, it started to rain heavily and Venus squealed. It was almost as if we were taking a shower.

"Shit," Venus muttered, stealing Lizzy's hoodie and putting it over her head. The football practice stopped and we all went to Ally's and Emily's apartment.

Niall had brought his guitar with him and pulled it out, strumming his fingers on the strings.

"I didn't know you play guitar." I said, smiling.

Niall smiled and starts to play a song. I wasn't exactly sure what it was, though I felt like I heard it before.

"I thought I saw a girl brought to life," Liam sang, "She was warm, she came around, she was dignified. She showed me what it was to cry. You couldn't be that girl I adored. You don't seem to know, or seem to care what your heart is for. But I don't know her anymore."

"There's nothing left, I use to cry, my conversation has run dry." Harry continued, "That's what's going on, nothing's fine.."

"I'm torn," The rest of the boys joined in, "I'm all out of faith. This is how I feel, I'm cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor. Illusion never change into something real. I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn you're a little late, I'm already torn."

"I'm already torn," Zayn echoed.

They continued to sing until the end. Leaving me completely speechless, and I guess so were the other girls. I didn't know how well the boys harmonized together. Scratch that, I didn't even know the boys sang.

"Did I ever mention I like boys who can sing?" Venus blurted out, Her cheeks turn bright pink, "I-I mean." She stutters.

Harry throws Venus a cheeky smile and winks and she blushes even more and shifts uncomfortably.

Lizzy throws a pillow at Harry, "She is a taken lady!" She screams, part of it playfully part of it seriously.

Everyone bursts out laughing and I laughed along.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure you don't want to come to California with us?" Niall asked Venus over his shoulder. We were buying our tickets online and Venus was still rejecting on the opportunity to go to California with us.

"I'm sure," Venus answered and nods.

"How sure?"

"Very sure."

"Come on Ve!" Harry shouted, wrapping an arm around Venus, "It'll be fun!"

Venus pushes Harry's arm off of her and scoots away from him, "Harry, we all know you just want to see me in a bikini." Venus said.

Harry laughs and winks at her. I shove Harry playfully and giggle.

"So," Niall said, "Eleven tickets?" Asking for confirmation.

"Twelve." Venus said.

Harry eyes sparkled, "You're going?"

"No," Venus rolled her eyes, "Dean is."

Harry frowned, "What?!" He exclaimed, "He's a fucking weirdo!"

"Says the guy with fours nipples," Venus scoffed. I giggled at her comeback.

"Shut up," Harry said before walking away.

"What a baby."

"I know, right?"
__________________________

Nathaniel

I was sitting in Ally's and Emily's balcony, getting some fresh air. It was always so crowded. The rain has already stopped and I inhale the muddy smell that the rain leaves.

Ally walks out with two mugs and hands one to me. I look into it and it was hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and whipped cream. I smile and laugh, taking a sip from it.

Ally sits down on a seat next to me and sighs.

"Everyday it's like baby sitting," Ally said, "Venus, Emily, and Lizzy are a handful."

"I have 3 other siblings and Ashley," I said, "And looking after Ashley is already so much work."

"I have 7 siblings," Ally said, frowning.

"Damn." I laughed, I stand up and walk towards the edge, leaning on the fence and gesturing Ally to do the same. She stand next to me and I look down at her, "You're so short." I teased.

"Shut up," Her cheeks flush bright pink, "You're only a couple of inches taller, how tall are you even?"

"5'definitelytallerthanyou9"." I answered.

She shoves me lightly and I laughed.

"Do you ever, sometimes, just want to escape the world?" I asked.

"That's what sleep is for," She says.

For some odd reason, I laughed. I mean, I guess, it was a joke, but it was a lame one. She started to laugh along with me and smile.

"But seriously," I said, taking a sip from my hot cocoa.

"Yeah, I guess." She shrugged.

We stay quiet for a bit, watching the sunset. Crickets start to echo throughout the place and I couldn't help but be annoyed, crickets are so annoying. I take a sip from my hot cocoa and Ally stiffles back a laugh.

"What?" I asked.

"You got a little something on the top of your lip," She said, standing on her tippy toes and wiping it off. Her eyes slowly fluttered upward, meeting mine. We stare at each other for awhile, she had such pretty eyes. I didn't realize that I was leaning in until my eyes closed and our lips met.

__________________________

Emily

Louis and I were chilling in my room. I was laying down and he was sitting up, just by my waist. Louis points at my 5SOS posters.

"You listen to them?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said, "you should know this about me. I'm your girlfriend."

"Maybe, I'm a closeted homosexual," He joked, "and I'm cheating on you with―with Caleb."

"Caleb?" I asked, chuckling and looking at him in confusion.

"That guy," he said, pointing to Calum on my 5SOS poster.

I giggled and shook my head, "no, Lou, his name is 'Calum'."

"I'm gay for Calum."

"So am I."

We were quiet for a few seconds. Louis turns to me and wraps his arms around my torso and cuddles his head into the crook of my neck. I smile and lean my cheek against his head.

"So, do you forgive me?" He asked, after about a minute of silence.

"Forgive you for what?" I asked. Though, I knew exactly what he meant.

"Kissing Eleanor," He said, "I mean I didn't kiss her back, she kissed me."

I think over it for awhile, should I forgive him? I mean if he is telling the truth then that's understandable, but what if he's lying? What if he'll hurt me again? Why are relationships so difficult?

"I―I guess," I mumbled.

He smiles against my neck and hugs me tighter, his muscular arms squishing me. I wrap one of my arms around him and smile. I believed in second chances, but if he broke this one he isn't getting any more.

"I'm so glad," He said.

"I bet," I chuckled.

"I thought I was going to lose you."

My heart broke at the way his voice faltered.

"I love you," the words slipped out of my mouth. I blushed and turned my head the other way.

Louis gasped quietly as a joke, causing me to laugh. We had never really told each other that we loved each other.

"I love you, too, Em."
__________________________

Author's Note[3/17/14]: I know it's a short chapter, but I did JUST update yesterday. I just wanted to update again because yesterday's chapter was too short, so short that it irked me. Hope this wasn't too cheesy and scared. Also, read Meant To Be by SPARKLESTOMLINSON, I'm helping her write & edit it c;

See you guys again in a few weeks. Stay beautiful, love you,

Jean Chanty xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 4.5K 52
Allison Fields, just a normal girl who falls in love with Zayn Malik. But her neighbour Ashley, tries everything to break them apart. Will she succee...
818 22 18
Liam was on his way home from work when he met an unfamiliar Irish boy who was new to London. Liam didn't like meeting new people but... Niall was di...
704K 30.2K 39
[completed] "Please don't say anything." "Lou-" "Don't fucking speak," I snarled, my breath hitting the skin on his neck that I was glaring into. I t...
7K 78 26
Just a normal girl who lives in London with her friends. She is a very good student that is given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity that changed...