Precious Jewel || Archie Andr...

By am-musings

(Complete) "Jason's gone. And I'll never get to tell him I love him face-to-face even for the last time." - D... More

Full Summary
Meet the Characters
Playlist
Epigraph
Episode 1 - Return to Riverdale
Episode 1 - A Day of School
Episode 1 - When Hope Is Lost
Episode 2 - The Start of Something New
Episode 2 - Friendships Formed
Episode 3 - Budding Feelings
Episode 3 - B, D and V, and The Playbook
Episode 4 - The Truth Behind Miss Grundy
Episode 4 - The Twilight Drive-In
Episode 5 - Misunderstandings
Episode 5 - Goodbyes and New Beginnings
Episode 6 - Auditions & Polly Cooper
Episode 6 - Facing Fears
Episode 7 - Not All Hope is Lost
Episode 8 - Matthew Dylan & Baby Showers
Episode 8 - The Truth About Juggy's Dad
Episode 9 - Maple Syrup Week
Episode 10 - Happy Birthday Jughead
Episode 11 - Riverdale Homecoming
Episode 11 - FP Jones
Episode 12 - Pieces of a Puzzle
Episode 12 - The Truth Comes Out
Episode 13 - The Beginning of the End
Episode 13 - Bittersweet Endings
Updated Author's Note

Episode 7 - Finding Polly

3.7K 79 4
By am-musings

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

---------- TIMESKIP (EVERGREEN MANOR) ----------

Diana woke up to Nate's hungry cries. She hurriedly got out of bed and picked up her son, who was in his crib that she had placed in her room.

"Hey, baby boy. You're hungry, huh?" She said as she took of a part of her top and fed her son.

She looked down at him, looking more like Jason every single day.

"They were right, baby. You resemble daddy a lot. Daddy's not here anymore so it's just gonna be you and me. But don't worry, he's watching over us." She said as Nate continued to feed.

After a few minutes, he was finished. She put her top back on and placed a towel over her shoulder to burp him. After accomplishing that, she pressed a button on her nightstand and the nanny came in and took Nate away so she could get ready for her day. When she was finished, she went downstairs and joined her brothers for breakfast. Derrick informed them that he would be leaving that morning to go back to New York because of some urgent matters. Diana smiled at her brother as she finished her breakfast. She went back upstairs to gather her things and say goodbye to Nate, before going back downstairs and meeting up with Daniel. She kissed and hugged Derrick goodbye and Daniel bro-hugged and fist-bumped him. The twins made their way out the house where Daniel's car was parked up front.

"Do you want to ride with me to school today, sis?" Daniel asked her and she was about to reply when one of the security guards approached her.

"Miss Kennedy, it seems as though Mr. Andrews is here to see you. Shall we grant him access?" He asked.

"Absolutely not!" Daniel started but Diana stopped him.

"Yeah, let him in." She told the guard who nodded and left before she turned to her brother.

"I deserve an explanation, Dan. Please just go, okay? I'll meet you at school." Diana told him and he nodded begrudgingly before he entered his car and drove off. A few moments later, Archie was in sight, with a guard escorting him.

"Please have someone drive my car up front, Arthur." She said once the guard and Archie reached her.

"Certainly, Miss." He bowed before taking his leave.

Archie spoke up first.

"Diana, look. Just listen to what I have to say. I didn't choose Valerie over you. She came to me to congratulate me and the next thing I know, she was kissing me. I was in shock but I didn't kiss her back and when I realized what was happening, I pushed her away." He explained and took her left hand in his right one.

"You have to believe me, Diana. Haven't I told you so many times before that it'll always be you that I want? That it's you I choose? I know Jason will always have a place in your heart and I understand that. I'm not trying to erase him, I'm just trying to earn my spot in there too. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love you, Diana. I was scared to tell you before, but I don't wanna be afraid anymore." Archie spoke and Diana looked into his eyes as he stared down at her.

Neither noticed that they were already leaning in until their lips touched.

"I love you too. And I promise, from now on, I'll never doubt you or your love for me." Diana said as they pulled away from the kiss and were about to kiss again when a voice interrupted them.

"Uh, what's going on here?" Diana stepped away from Archie and turned to see Derrick looking at them, confused.

"Der-bear, this is Archibald Andrews, my boyfriend." She proudly introduced him and watched as both guys shook hands.

"You take care of my precious jewel, you hear?" Derrick told him and Archie nodded.

"Nothing else I would rather do." He replied just as Diana's car arrived.

"Come on, we gotta get going. You're driving." Diana told him as pulled him,

"Bye, Der-bear. Have a safe flight!" She called out as Archie opened the passenger door for her and she stepped in.

Archie closed the door before jogging over to the driver's side and entering. Soon, they were driving off.

---------- TIMESKIP (LATER THAT DAY || STUDENT'S LOUNGE) ----------

Betty, Jughead, Kevin, Archie, Diana, Daniel, and Veronica were all gathered in the couches, talking once again. Daniel and Archie had talked earlier and made up in that bro-way they usually do. They were currently discussing Polly's disappearance from the Sister's Home.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the policed involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition." Betty told the crew and Diana snorted.

"Please. What decade is this? Shameful condition?" She asked them.

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did..." Betty said and Jughead continued.

"She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks."

"Who did burn the car, then?" Archie asked.

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us." Betty replied.

"Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Ronnie said, freaked out.

"You're always welcome to move in with me." Daniel told her with a wink.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" She freaked out and Jughead placed an arm around her which Betty held.

This earned a reaction from Diana, Archie and Ronnie.

"Bughead will rise." Diana whispered to Archie's ear.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie suggested.

"Second it. We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet." Kevin suggested.

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God, the Blossoms. They're the first people that he would tell." Jughead stated.

"And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms. They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." Betty said.

"How can we help? Tell us, B, and we'll do it." Ronnie asked.

After their talk...

Diana whispered to Archie as everyone was gathering their stuff to leave.

"Ask Juggy about him and Betty for me, please." She said as she pecked his cheek to convince him.

"You missed, though." He said and Diana smiled before pecking him on the lips.

Archie grinned and followed Jughead out of the lounge.

"Hey, Juggy. Remember before how you said you didn't want Betty knowing where you were living? Is that because you and Betty..." He asked and trailed off.

"We may have had a moment..." Jughead confessed.

"It's totally cool, I get it. No worries, Diana and I were just curious. Hey, I've been thinking about your situation, and I talked to my dad. He said he's willing to give your dad a second chance, but only if FP wants it. He's gonna call him. But I think you should talk to him, too. Between the two of us, I think we can really make things happen." Archie told Jughead and they both smiled at each other.

(WITH THE GIRLS)

Diana, Veronica and Betty were talking in another hallway.

"Did I just notice Riverdale High's very own Holden Caulfield put his arm around you?" Veronica asked Betty as Diana nodded in confirmation that she was curious as well.

"Okay, so these past couple of days, I haven't been in a great place, emotionally. And Jughead was really there for me." Betty confessed.

"Oh, my God. Swoon! Okay, in that case, if he helped one of my girls navigate some turbulent waters, well then, Diana Kennedy approves." Diana said with a laugh.

"Veronica Lodge approves as well." Ronnie added as she and Diana high-fived.

"Thatta girl." Ronnie said as they all laughed.

"Come on, let's go find your sister." Diana said as she wove her arms around Betty's and Veronica's.

Later that day...

Diana, Betty and Ronnie were walking along the hallways when Kevin approached them, freaking out.

"You guys, oh, my God." He stated as he reached them.

"What?" Veronica asked.

"Cheryl just tweeted #PollyCooperKilledMyBrother #NowhereToHide #SharpenYourPitchforks" He told them.

"Oh, no." Betty said as she read Kevin's phone.

"We need to find Polly before the Blossoms do."

---------- TIMESKIP (EVERSGREEN FOREST) ----------

Betty and her friends had gathered a team of volunteers to help find Polly. They now all stood in a line as Betty and Jughead gave instructions.

"Okay, the Sisters of Quiet Mercy are due north. The getaway car was west, on the Old Route 40." Betty started.

"The closest bus station is east, headed towards Sweetwater. If Polly wanted to leave Riverdale without anyone seeing her, she probably would've left through..." Jughead explained.

"Right here. Eversgreen Forest." Betty stated and they started their search.

As they were walking, Archie and Betty has some time to talk with Diana and Jughead behind them.

"Hey, all this stuff with your sister, I'm sorry you had to go through that, and I wasn't there to help you." He told her.

"It's okay, Arch, you're here now." Betty told him, gesturing to the search around them.

(MEANWHILE WITH RONNIE, KEVIN AND DANIEL)

"So, how's the cold war at home?" Kevin asked Veronica as Daniel was busy looking at a compass.

"Ugh, horrible. Look, I hate fighting with my mom, but until she's ready to admit and to own, that she forged my name to help her illicit trysting with Fred Andrews, I can't blink, Kevin. She needs to make the next move." Ronnie told him.

"And what if she doesn't blink?" Kevin pushed.

"Back in New York, whenever I needed to blow off some steam, or force my mother's hand, I'd go on a bender, dancing with my fave celebrity gal-pal, my best gay and if I was taken, my sexy boyfriend. That's supposed to be Diana, but I think she wouldn't come so Josie will do, you, and Daniel." Ronnie told him.

"Honored. I'm in, I'm so in. Should we invite Betty? She could probably use a distraction right now." Kevin said as Ronnie looked behind him.

"I think she may be a tad busy." She stated as she pointed to the Blossom family who had arrived with their own search party.

The two groups met face to face.

"Alice Cooper, where is she? Where's Polly?" Penelope demanded.

"You think if I knew that, I'd be out here with the mosquitoes?" Alice replied.

"Face facts, Mommie Dearest, Polly killed Jason." Cheryl butted in which earned a shake of the head in disappointment from Diana.

"She escaped from the asylum once, who's to say she didn't before, say, the day Jason got murdered?" Clifford asked.

"The noose is tightening around your murdering daughter's neck. I know it, Sheriff Keller knows it." Penelope said.

"Hold on now." Sheriff Keller denied.

"And I promise you, when we find her, and we will find her, the entire town of Riverdale will know, too." Penelope said.

---------- TIMESKIP (LATER || RIVERDALE CHURCH) ----------

Betty and her mom were talking inside the church.

"Mom, is this a good idea? I thought we were trying to contain this." She asked.

"Well, we were, Elizabeth. But now that the cat's out of the bag, we're in full-on damage control mode. The Blossoms have their version of the events, but they don't know the whole story, at least not yet. And that gives us a momentary advantage."

"I don't know if I can do this. Oh, you can, and you will. You'll be standing beside me and your father, a united front against the holiest of backdrops. Let's see the Blossoms try to smear us then."

After a while...

The Coopers stood in front of the church with people gathered around them, holding a press conference.

"There's been a swirl of rumors today about our daughter, Polly. And we're standing here to tell you that they're all false. Yes, Polly was seeking treatment in a private care facility, and she was under strict observation even at the time of Jason Blossom's death. When she found out about the murder, she was beside herself with grief. You see, my daughter, Polly is pregnant. It wasn't Jason Blossom's baby but he was there to help her. Polly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone the love of her life. Polly, darling, if you're watching this, please come home." Alice Cooper said, talking to the camera.

Diana, who was beside Archie and Jughead in the crowd, squeezed Archie's hand when Alice said that Jason was the love of Polly's life. She relaxed a little when he squeezed back and placed his arm around her shoulders before kissing the side of her head. Yeah, it hurt. But, she was going to have to accept the fact that Jason wasn't hard to love and that someone else had fallen for him the way she had.

---------- TIMESKIP (THAT NIGHT || TOWN STREETS) ----------

Betty and Jughead were walking beside each other.

"Hey, you didn't have to walk me home." She told him.

"Uh, there's a killer on the loose, remember? Besides, isn't this what... you know... people like us, who've gone through what we've gone through, do? What is it? I mean, besides everything?" Jughead asked when she remained quiet.

"She wouldn't have run away if it wasn't for me, Jug." Betty said.

"Betty, your parents were the ones lying to her, keeping her in the dark. You did the right thing telling her the truth." Jughead reassured her.

"It's funny. This isn't the first-time Polly's run away from home. When she was nine, she and mom got into this huge fight, and she disappeared for hours. The whole neighborhood was out looking for her." Betty recounted.

"How far did she get?" Jughead asked her before she stopped as she realized something.

"What?" Jughead asked when she froze but Betty just pulled his face closer and kissed him.

"Thank you for walking me home. I'll call you later. Goodnight." She said as she walked towards her front door and Jughead smiled as he walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 8.4K 76
JugxReader cause why not๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธFirst real fan fiction on Wattpad๐Ÿ˜น Published Nov. 29, 2017 [ RANKINGS ] Aug. 25, 2019 โ€ขยฐโ€ข #1 in riverdalefanfic โ€ขยฐโ€ข โ€ข...
18.7K 362 29
A jughead Jones love story. Emerald Cooper was just an ordinary girl in an ordinary town, until the death of Jason Blossom. Riverdale season one.
806K 29.6K 55
JUST A SKELETON OF BONES, WEARING NOTHING BUT CLOTHES AND SHE IS PARALYSING. โgrow from the dirt they left you inโž [riverdale...
231K 6.8K 16
โ›Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.โœ RIVERDALE SEASON 1 JUGHEAD/OC EXPLICIT LANGUAGE ADULT THEMES UNDER EDIT...