Precious Jewel || Archie Andr...

By am-musings

(Complete) "Jason's gone. And I'll never get to tell him I love him face-to-face even for the last time." - D... More

Full Summary
Meet the Characters
Playlist
Epigraph
Episode 1 - Return to Riverdale
Episode 1 - A Day of School
Episode 1 - When Hope Is Lost
Episode 2 - The Start of Something New
Episode 2 - Friendships Formed
Episode 3 - Budding Feelings
Episode 3 - B, D and V, and The Playbook
Episode 4 - The Truth Behind Miss Grundy
Episode 4 - The Twilight Drive-In
Episode 5 - Misunderstandings
Episode 5 - Goodbyes and New Beginnings
Episode 6 - Auditions & Polly Cooper
Episode 7 - Finding Polly
Episode 7 - Not All Hope is Lost
Episode 8 - Matthew Dylan & Baby Showers
Episode 8 - The Truth About Juggy's Dad
Episode 9 - Maple Syrup Week
Episode 10 - Happy Birthday Jughead
Episode 11 - Riverdale Homecoming
Episode 11 - FP Jones
Episode 12 - Pieces of a Puzzle
Episode 12 - The Truth Comes Out
Episode 13 - The Beginning of the End
Episode 13 - Bittersweet Endings
Updated Author's Note

Episode 6 - Facing Fears

3.3K 84 14
By am-musings

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

Diana and Betty were currently being held in a room after the receptionist told them to follow her. Betty was trying to call Jughead for help while Diana was still staring blankly into space. The door opened to reveal Alice Cooper. She came inside and slammed the door.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" Betty asked, shocked.

"I pay the Sisters good money. You think they don't notify me if Polly gets a visitor?" She said.

A little while later, they were walking down the hallways, towards the exit when Polly came, rounding a corner.

"Mom?"

"Polly..."

"Jason's dead? And you didn't tell me? And you kept me in here?" Polly cried, outraged.

"Baby, it's for your own good." Alice tried to tell her.

"Ugh! You always say that. And it's not true!" She screamed as some guys in uniforms restrained her and started taking her away.

"No! Betty!" Polly cried, trying to fight the guys off.

Betty came forward to hug her sister.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, I swear to God. I love you, Polly." She stated as she let go and they took her away.

---------- TIMESKIP (NIGHTTIME || ANDREWS RESIDENCE) ----------

Archie and his dad were talking in his room.

"Dad, if I tank at the Variety Show, would you..." Archie started saying but Fred cut him off.

"Would I be mad? Son, whatever happens in that show, or any show, whether you go up there and kill it or you bomb like electric Dylan at a folk concert..." Fred started explaining.

"I'm not sure who that is." Archie commented.

"I would still love you, okay? Support you. I'd be proud of the fact that you were brave enough to go after something that you care about." Fred ended and Archie, nodded with a smile at his dad's words.

(WITH DIANA || EVERGREEN MANOR)

Diana was sitting in her bed, Nate asleep beside her, surrounded by pillows so he doesn't fall off. She was looking through her old photo albums. All her life, she's realized that she's been scared of a lot of things. She also realized that her brothers and Jason have been the ones protecting her from these fears and helping her overcome them. However, it was time to be a big girl. There was one fear that nobody but herself could help her with. She picked up the phone and pressed Kevin's number.

"Hey, Kev, I know it's late, but I was wondering..."

----------TIMESKIP (A FEW HOURS BEFORE VARIETY SHOW || SCHOOL) ----------

(WITH ARCHIE)

He was looking at Valerie who was playing some notes in the piano.

"It's so perfect when you play it."

"We wrote a good song, Archie." Valerie told him with a smile.

"I can't wait to sing it with you in public. But just not tonight. Val, you should play with the Pussycats. I don't want to be the guy that broke up The Beatles. In your heart, you're a Pussycat. You'll always be a Pussycat." Archie told her.

"Maybe. But singing backup with no vote, no agency..." She explained.

"Well, after meeting Josie's dad..."

"Myles is in town?"

"Yeah."

"That's why she's been acting like Catzilla."

"I'm betting you can negotiate new terms."

"Where does that leave you?" Valerie asked him.

"I was born alone. I'll sing alone and patch things up with Veronica and Diana while I'm at it." Archie told her.

---------- TIMESKIP (VARIETY SHOW TIME || AUDITORIUM) ---------

(WITH DIANA)

Diana nervously sighed as she played with the rings on her necklace. It had recently become a habit when she was nervous. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a sapphire-colored tutu like dress. And her blonde hair was held back by a headband, the same color as her dress.

"There's my baby sis. I can't believe you're doing this, Di. But I'm really proud of you." Daniel said as he approached her, carrying 3 bouquets of flowers.

"Danny! Who are those for?" She asked, looking at the assortment of flowers.

"They're for you. One from me and Veronica, one from Cheryl and-" Daniel started saying but was cut off by someone else behind him.

"And one from me." Diana turned to the familiar voice and saw their older brother Derrick.

"Der-bear!" She happily cried out as she rushed to hug her brother.

He hugged her back and lifted her a little before putting her back down.

"What are you doing here?" Diana asked him, very surprised.

"Daniel told me our little sister was gonna get through another milestone. I couldn't miss it for the world." Derrick answered with a grin.

"He used the private jet to get here. That's how important you are to us, sis." Daniel said as they did a group hug with her, squished in the middle.

"I love you guys." Diana told them.

"Okay, I'll leave the flowers here and the Pussycats are starting so we'll take our seats up front." Daniel said before leaving with Derrick.

Diana turned to read the cards in the flowers.

---

My baby sis is ready to face her fears alone. I'm so proud. Ronnie and I love ya. Break a leg (not literally pls)

Danny & Ronnie

---

I may not always be there physically but you and Daniel mean the world to me. And you'll always be our precious jewel. Good luck!

Der-bear

---

Jason would have loved to see you perform in front of these people tonight. He always told me that he loved to hear you sing even if it wasn't that often. You'll do great.

Cheryl

---

Diana smiled sadly at the last one. It was true. Jason always tried to convince her to sing for him. He always said he liked the sound of her voice, like it called him home, back to her.

'This one's for you, Jase. I really wish you were here.' She thought. One of the producers came to get her.

"The Pussycats are almost done, Diana. Take your place, please." The girl said and Diana nodded as she went and stood at the wings of the stage just as the Pussycats ended.

"That was Josie and the Pussycats! Long tails and ears for hats. Our next performer is an old face but a new voice. Give it up for Diana Kennedy!" Kevin introduced and Diana sighed deeply before standing on stage where a lone spotlight shone on her. The song started to play and she clutched the mike as she opened her mouth to sing.

(Play: Why Don't I || Sofia Carson)

"I've never been one

To step out of my comfort zone

Whenever I try

I am afraid to just let go

Don't know why I run

Don't know why I hide

Never let them know

What I feel inside

Don't know why I'm scared

Just to take a chance

While I'm still standing here

I've never been one

To break free

'Cause I've always cared

What everyone thinks of me

Don't know why I run

Don't know why I hide

Never let them know

What I feel inside

I don't want to settle

Don't want to run

This is not where I belong

Like a bird

I'm free to fly

Spread my wings and find my light

Like a bird

I'm up so high out of the cage

It's my time to shine

Like a bird

I'm free to fly

So, tell me (tell me)

Why don't I?

By the end of the last note, she was very surprised to get a standing ovation from the audience. She grinned and bowed before turning to leave the stage. There, she bumped into Archie.

"Diana..." Archie called out.

"Archibald." She replied with a nod.

"I just wanna tell you that you did great out there." Archie told her.

Diana looked at him before getting on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you. Good luck out there." She said with a small smile as she heard his name being called out.

"Can we talk about us after this?" He asked and Diana just nodded as he turned to go onstage.

Diana watched as he sat there nervously for a while before starting to play his guitar.

(Play: I'll Try || Riverdale Cast (Kj Apa))

Can you hear me?

Am I drowned out in the crowd? Are you listening?

Or is everyone else too loud for you to hear anything

Are you just gonna walk away?

Cause there are so many things I can do but instead I'll say

I'll try

I'll try

To let it go, let it roll right off my back

Yes, oh I'll try

I'll try

To let it go, let it go and never look back this way

Do you wanna be the one who points and blames?

Makes us feel many things

Cause in a word I can't explain

Why it hurts so much, you see

We weren't born with all this pain, I guess that's anything

That keeps living day by day

And I'll try

I'll try

To let it go, let it roll right off my shoulders

Yes, I'll try

I'll try

To let it go, let it go and never look back this way

Back this way

I'll try

I'll try

To let it go, let it roll right off my shoulder

Yes I'll try

I'll try

To let it go, let it go and never look back this way

Never look back this way

Archie smiled brightly as everyone cheered a clapped.

---------TIMESKIP (AFTER THE SHOW || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Diana exited the auditorium, looking for Archie to congratulate him on a job well done. She stood on her toes to try and find him in the throngs of people, to no avail. When she rounded a corner, she saw Valerie pull Archie into a kiss. Her breath got caught in her throat and she tried not to cry as she felt someone tap her shoulder.

"You did amazing, sis. I- What's wrong?" Daniel asked her and he got his answer when he saw what his sister was looking at.

"That douche!" Daniel said as he tried to go over but Diana stopped him.

"Don't, D. He made his choice. I can't hold that against him." Diana said as she turned and dragged him away, neither of them seeing what happened next.

(WITH ARCHIE)

It took him a while to register that Valerie was kissing him but once it did, he pushed her away.

"What are you doing?" He asked her.

"Oh, come on, Archie. You have to be pretty dense not to be able to tell that I like you." Valerie told him.

"I'm sorry but I have a girlfriend. Diana means a lot to me." Archie told her.

"Didn't you guys break up? Why'd you allow me to join you instead of her in singing then?" Valerie asked, confused.

"What? No! We had a misunderstanding and Ronnie hasn't been letting me near her to fix it and we were supposed to talk tonight and I just.... I'm sorry Valerie, but I don't like you that way." He told her before taking his leave and trying to find Diana.

He had looked everywhere for her, but couldn't find her anywhere. His phone buzzed with a text. He read it.

Fr: Di

We don't have to talk anymore. I know. I saw, and I'm okay with it. Please just give me space for a few days.

This made Archie confused. He walked around until he bumped into Daniel who was with an angry Veronica.

"Danny! I was wondering-" Archie started to talk but was shocked when Daniel punched him.

"You stay the fuck away from my sister, asshole! Stop messing with her head and her heart." He said before turning to walk away.

Archie looked at Veronica in utter confusion as he felt the bruise in his cheek starting to form.

"She saw you and Valerie kiss. If you decided you didn't want her anymore, even though you were fighting, you should've at least told her." She said before turning to catch up with her boyfriend.

'What? Does that mean she thinks I wanted to talk to her because I chose Val over her?' Archie thought in shock.

'Why do I always do stupid things?'

------------------------------  

Here's the thing about fear. It's always there.

Fear of the unknown, fear of facing it alone... Fear that those closest to you are the monsters. Fear that as soon as you slay one, there's another monster waiting to take its place. Fear that there's one more boogeyman waiting at the end of the dark hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 554 24
Betty starts to loose control when she starts to have wild dreams. She realises the person causing these dreams is the only other person on the schoo...
931K 18.7K 30
❝Ellie is the little girl who grew up fixing and loving broken things, except herself.❞ Betty has another sister named Eleanor RIVERDALE | SEASON 1 B...
27.6K 381 47
This is book 1 of 2! The second is finally finished!!! This is a story about Moose having a younger sister, who falls in love with Sweetpea, but thin...
18.8K 362 29
A jughead Jones love story. Emerald Cooper was just an ordinary girl in an ordinary town, until the death of Jason Blossom. Riverdale season one.