The Alpha's Lifeline

By Shaunaclouds123

~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **Mature Content** Rylan Cooper was diffe... More

\~Intro/Disclaimer~/
~Chapter one~
~Chapter two~
~Chapter three~
~Chapter four~
~Chapter five~
~Chapter six~
~Chapter seven~
~Chapter eight~
~Chapter nine~
~Chapter ten~
~Chapter eleven~
~Chapter twelve~
~Chapter thirteen~
~Chapter fourteen~
~Chapter fifteen~
~Chapter sixteen~
~Chapter seventeen~
~Chapter eighteen~
~Chapter nineteen~
~Chapter twenty~
~Chapter twenty-one~
~Chapter twenty-two~
~Chapter twenty-three~
~Chapter twenty-four~
~Chapter twenty-five~
~Chapter twenty-six~
~Chapter twenty-seven~
~Chapter twenty-eight~
~Chapter twenty-nine~
~Chapter thirty~
~Chapter thirty-one~
~Chapter thirty-two~
~Chapter thirty-three~
~Chapter thirty-four~
~Chapter thirty-five~
~Chapter thirty-six~
~Chapter thirty-seven~
~Chapter thirty-eight~
~Bonus Chapter~

~Epilogue~

35.6K 1K 121
By Shaunaclouds123

3 years later...

"Beautiful. We've landed." He kissed the top of their head. Their plane had just landed down onto the runway.

She hummed, snuggling into his shoulder.

When they were allowed, the hopped off of the plane and a car was waiting for them on the tarmac.

Brody stepped out of the car with Taylor. Both smirking.

Rylan held Adeline's hand, proudly walking her to the car.

"What?" He asked, putting his suitcase into the boot, and taking Adeline's from her spare hand.

"Nothing." Taylor just smiled.

"You look very happy... Congratulations." He told them and they both smiled. "Let's see the ring." He asked, and Adeline showed him her hand, her engagement ring sparkling in the sun. He had picked it himself and proposed on the first day of their three-week getaway break.

"Very nice," Brody told her. "He has a good choice."

Adeline thought back to the moment he proposed, smiling.

"There's more news," Rylan said and Adeline gave him a look.

"There's not more..." she hit Rylan's shoulder, but both of the boys looked intrigued. "We weren't going to tell anyone yet, Ry."

"No offense, but they're going to realize soon enough." He said pulling her into an embrace, being extra gentle with her.

"Are you calling me fat?" She pouted.

"No. I'm saying that our baby is growing very quickly already." He looked over at Brody and Taylor who had both caught on.

"Congratulations, again. I'm sure everyone's going to be thrilled." Brody told them. Taylor congratulated them too.

"Don't say anything, we haven't told anyone yet, and we haven't even had a scan," Adeline told them and they both nodded.

They got into the car and started to drive. Brody sat in the front while Taylor drove them home.

"So... Did you just like run out of condoms or something?" Brody asked and Rylan scoffed.

"No." He replied chuckling. "Got impatient, didn't wear one."

"Ry." Adeline slapped his arm again.

"I didn't know this pregnancy came with violence." He mumbled to himself, holding his hand. "Sorry, too much detail." He admitted.

"It comes with a lot more than violence if you don't shut up." She warned and he just smiled.

"Isaac is going to see you straight away, then we'll go and tell our parents both sets of good news."

"Does anyone know yet?" She checked and he smirked. "Who did you tell?"

"I didn't tell anyone. I had to ask permission from someone." He leaned into his lips and placed a finger under her chin. Hovering just moments away from her.

"You asked my dad?" She asked and he nodded, kissing her gently.

"We need a partition wall between the front and back seats," Brody complained.

"Oh shush." Rylan pulled away and put his arm around Adeline back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you had any symptoms so far?" Isaac asked, putting on gloves.

"I had morning sickness for a few days last week. Seems to have eased off." She explained and he nodded.

"Well, you're pregnant." He said smiling and Rylan held her hand.

He placed the cool liquid into her abdomen and smoothed it around with the ultrasound scanner.

"There they are." He pointed out the baby on the screen. "Just one. Looks very healthy... we'll know the gender in 2-3 weeks."

"That's so cool," Rylan said looking up at the screen and squeezing her hand.

"You're about three weeks along. does that sound about right?" He asked and they both smirked.

"Yes," Rylan told him, with raised eyebrows.

"I'll give you a few sets of vitamins, just keep the baby healthy, and we'll do a scan every two weeks? That alright?" He checked and they both nodded.

He pointed out a few pictures of the little blip and handed them over, wiping Adeline's abdomen clean. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." They both thanked him and waited for Adeline's prescribed vitamins before walking over to Rylan's parent's house. To their surprise, Adeline's parents were there too.

"Hide your ring and the scans until we tell them, beautiful. He told her. She put her hand in her pocket and Rylan out the scans in his back pocket.

"Hello." He called coming through the front door. Everyone greeted them and they walked into the living room.

It seemed like everyone was there, Rylan's siblings Tyler and Jessica were sat on the floor with their kids and mates. Rhiannon sat with her parents. And to both of their surprises, Sophia sat happily reunited with her family, she was doing much better now.

"Good time?" Adeline's parents asked. Her dad smirking a little.

"Very," Rylan replied, everyone, stayed quiet.

"We've got a bit of news," Adeline said quickly and everyone looked shocked.

"I asked Adeline's father permission to marry my beautiful mate. And she said yes." He announced and everyone cheered and started to get up to congratulate them. She got her hand out of her pocket.

"Wait, wait," Adeline called. And everyone went quiet again. "We have more news..."

"This wasn't planned." He reached for his pocket.

"But there's going to be, a very little, very cute addition to our family."

Rylan got the scans out. "We're having a baby."

Nothing could describe in words the pure joy and excitement that everyone felt at that point, and telling the pack created even more happiness.

Running the pack together was all they had ever wanted, they had kept everyone safe together and protected their pack form the danger that lurked in the shadows.

Their pack was safe, for now, and their little family was growing month by month.

Being a werewolf, Adeline was only pregnant for just over 4 months... It felt like 4 years, with not being able to leave Rylan's sight for the last month.

But on September 19th, they had a baby girl and named her Skye.

No matter what happened, they were all in this together, and every time they felt down or needed reassurance, they now had each other and their baby girl.

Their wedding day soon came, nearly a year later... It was a sunny, perfect day for a wedding. Everyone came, and everything was how they had both wished it would be.

Rylan sat proudly in their suit, on the main table after their ceremony, holding Skye in his right arm. She was practically asleep but fought against it and looked up her dad with bright eyes, snuggled to his chest.

Adeline admired them both from the seat beside.

Rylan stood up, making sure Skye wouldn't fall backward, he tapped on his glass a few times, wanting to make a speech. Everyone fell silent.

"I'd like to just say a few words." He coughed slightly. Putting his spare hand on Skye's back. "Today has been all we've both ever hoped for, and I want to firstly thank you all for making our day so special."

Everyone clapped, smiling.

"Adeline." He turned to her. "I want to thank you too. I never thought that I could be this happy. I had a rough start in life, but last 3 years with you have overcome all of that, and without you, I don't think I'd be the man you've made me today. I love you with all my heart, and I hope I can make you as happy as you make me." He told her and she smiled, standing up and kissing him in front of everyone.

"And Skye." He bounced her up and down slightly. "Although, you may have been an accident." Everyone chuckled and Adeline gave him a slight look but smiled. "You're my little princess, the extra piece of my puzzle that I didn't know I needed." He quietened and everyone broke out into loud applause.

"You fixed me," Rylan whispered to Adeline who shook her head.

"It takes two to make a puzzle, Ry." She turned to Skye. "Two and a half." She told him smiling.

And he couldn't agree more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 461 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...
221K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
225K 4.9K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
166K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...