If Only... (Harry Potter Next...

Par Sashquach23

You know the drill. James Sirius Potter steals a time turner, taking some of his family members back in time... Plus

A Problem With Time
1994
New Identities
Suspicions
The Slip Up
Realisation
Confrontation
The Triwizard Tournament
The Champions
~April, 12 Years Ago~
Arguments
~July, 7 Years Ago~
Interview With Rita Skeeter
~September, 6 Years Ago~
Sirius Black
~December, 6 Years Ago~
The First Task
~November, 4 Years Ago~
The Yule Ball
~December, 2 Years Ago~
an explanation

Don't Even Think About It

5.4K 122 40
Par Sashquach23

Everyone stared at us when we entered with the first years. Dumbledore told the other students that we were transfer students-as planned- and that we would be joining sixth year- James, fourth year- Al, Scorpius and Rose and third year- Lily.

The first years were sorted with no troubles, then it was the transfer student's turn.

Scorpius was called up first.

"Michaels, Samuel."

He took his seat on the stool and the sorting hat barely touched his head before it yelled, "SLYTHERIN!"

On the Gryffindor table a fourteen year old boy couldn't help think how much Samuel Michaels sorting reminded him of his enemy's sorting just four years prior.

Next was Albus.

"Papadopoulos, Alfie." The whole hall erupted with laughter and Albus made his way up to the sit on the stool, blushing furiously the whole time.
As he sat, the sorting hat deciding where he should go, he remembered the first time he was sorted all those years ago. He had been so afraid of being put into Slytherin. So afraid of how his family would react if he were to be put in Slytherin. But now, four years later (or 23 years earlier-whichever you prefer) he knew his place was in Slytherin and he was happy to be re-sorted there, but he knew there were some people who wouldn't be as happy. Namely his father. Harry Potter.

The sorting hat decided where Albus belonged seconds after being placed on his head.
"SLYTHERIN!" It yelled. The Slytherin table cheered loudly, and the rest of the tables clapped appropriately but the Gryffindor table stayed silent. They were all thinking the same thing, Two transfers both in Slytherin? And sorted so quickly? This can't be good. Although, most of them were also thinking, Oh well, it'll be fine. We have a Harry Potter and they don't haha.

James was next.

"Papadopoulos, Jacob." James also got ridiculed, which deflated his ego quite a lot, which made his brother very happy.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled and James sauntered over to his table, his ego happily inflated once again.

Lily was last out of the Potter clan.

"Papadopoulos, Lucy." Lily was ready for the laughs that we're about to sound and threw the whole hall a death glare worthy of Ginny Potter, which silenced everyone. She took a seat and the sorting hat was placed on her head.

Meanwhile a red haired boy leaned over to whisper in his friends ear. "I bet she's in Slytherin like the first papa guy."

"Papa guy?" His friend asked.

"You know who I mean. Oh don't look at me like that. I bet you can't say it." He couldn't.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The red head was surprised to say the least.

Rose was the last to go.

"Wilson, Rose."

The sorting hat seemed to struggle with where to put her like last time. Over the years she had gotten smarter but she had also gotten braver, and in the end the bravery won out.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Dinner began and despite everything that had changed in 26 years the food was still brilliant.

"So!" Dumbledore said. "Now that we are all fed and wartered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices.
Mr Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden objects has been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs.
As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year.
It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

The hall gasped loudly, especially the people on the house teams. They'll get over it in, like, five minutes. Albus thought smiling knowingly at Scorpius.

Dumbledore went on, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy - but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts -"

But at that moment, there was a deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall banged open.
A man stood in the doorway, leaning upon a long staff, shrouded in a black traveling cloak. Every head in the Great Hall swiveled toward the stranger, suddenly brightly illuminated by a fork of lightning that flashed across the ceiling. He lowered his hood, shook out a long mane of grizzled, dark gray hair, then began to walk up toward the teachers' table.

The future children scowled at him. They knew who he really was, and what he would do this year. It was painful knowing that they couldn't change anything. Albus had already seen what would happen if they did.

"May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" said Dumbledore brightly into the silence. "Professor Moody.
As I was saying," he said, smiling at the sea of students before him, all of whom were still gazing transfixed at Mad-Eye Moody, "we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" said Fred Weasley loudly. James, who hadn't noticed his dead Uncle sat just seats away, looked over at him with a mix of sadness and wonder in his eyes.

The tension that had filled the Hall ever since Moody's arrival suddenly broke. Nearly everyone laughed, and Dumbledore chuckled appreciatively.

"I am not joking, Mr. Weasley," he said.
As I was saying, the Triwizard Tournament...well, some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely."

That's exactly what the future kids did. James tuned in again half way through.

"Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts," he said, "the heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age - that is to say, seventeen years or older - will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration. This -" Dumbledore raised his voice slightly, for several people had made noises of outrage at these words, and the Weasley twins were suddenly looking furious - "is a measure we feel is necessary, given that the tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous, whatever precautions we take, and it is highly unlikely that students below sixth and seventh year will be able to cope with them. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion." His light blue eyes twinkled as they flickered over Fred's and George's mutinous faces. "I therefore beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen."

Out of the corner of her eye, Lily saw her brothers eyes start to twinkle and instantly knew what he was thinking.
"No." She said. James knew what she was saying, but feigned innocence.

"No to what baby sis?"

"You know exactly what NO means Jam- Jacob." She snarled. "Don't you even think about putting your name in the Goblet of Fire."

"Why not?" He lowered his voice so no one else would be able to hear his next words. "I mean, nothing can change. Cedric Diggory is the worthy champion isn't he? I seriously doubt it's going to choose him over me." Lily didn't even bother arguing, there was no point, he'd still do it.

Afterwards, Dumbledore sent them off to bed. The future kids weren't sure where to go. Of course, they knew where to go but they didn't know where they were supposed to be staying. Luckily they didn't have to worry about it for long. The Slytherin prefect came to help Albus and Scorpius out and Fred and George took it upon themselves to show James, Lily and Rose to the Gryffindor common room. James figured it was because they had some new pranks they were eager to test on the new kids.

Only time would tell for sure.

***

That was such a long chapter! Hopefully it will be the last long one for a while. I don't think I can type that much for every chapter. :(

Hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment, tell me what you think.

Bye!

Words: 1,462

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

507K 19.2K 23
Fleura Stratton is a 25 year old she wolf without a pack. Not because she was disowned, or because she went went rogue, but because she's always been...
23.8K 331 17
Lily Potter craves to be as popular and good at being a wizard as her brothers James and Albus and like her mother and father are. She has a lot to l...
18.7K 374 5
As CEO, Katsuki Bakugou always being busy with his own company and doesn't want to have break time,he only focus on his own company. His doesn't pay...
97.9K 1.5K 13
"I'd cross heaven and earth just to hold you close." IN WHICH no matter how much the three of them love each other, the end of them is enviable OR IN...