Warm Hands [Hiroomi x Akihito...

By weebakon

[#1 IN #KYOUKAINOKANATA 8/30/21] [#17 IN #ANIMEFANFIC 5/19/19 :))] [#1 IN #BEYONDTHEBOUNDARY 8/21/21] [#436 I... More

Chapter one: Warm Encounter
Chapter two: Daydreaming
Chapter three: The Walk Home
Chapter four: Get to Know, Then Judge
Chapter five: The Nase House
Chapter six: Soft Cheek
Chapter seven: Troubles and Ice Cream
Chapter eight: Indirect Confession
Chapter nine: A Date and Doubt
Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"
Chapter eleven: Nightmares
Chapter twelve: Titled Words
Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween
Chapter thirteen: Chilled Hands
Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister
Chapter fifthteen: In Between
Chapter sixteen: A Special Place
Chapter seventeen: Patching Things Up
Chapter eighteen: Love Under the Lights [Christmas Special!]
Chapter eighteen.2: Extended
Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss
Chapter twenty: Defend
Chapter twenty-one: Akkey to Akkun
Chapter twenty-two: Half-Knowing
Chapter twenty-three: Uncertain
Chapter twenty-four: Learning and Growing [V-day special!]
Chapter twenty-five: What the Future Holds
Chapter twenty-six: Not Feeling Well
Chapter twenty-seven: Half-Yumo and Spirit World Warriors
Chapter twenty-eight: School Without Akihito
Chapter twenty-nine: Awake
Chapter thirty: Fear of Being Alone
Chapter thirty-one: Power
Chapter thirty-two: Spiritual Presence
Chapter thirty-three: Cold Appearance
Chapter thirty-four: Unnoticeable Things
Chapter thirty-five: Swimming in Love
Chapter thirty-seven: Losing
Chapter thirty-eight: Expanding
Chapter thirty-nine: Rice Omelet
Chapter forty: No Joke
Chapter forty-one: Thoughts
Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction
Chapter forty-three: Accepted
Chapter forty-four: Yumo
Chapter forty-five: Containment
Chapter forty-six: Running Rage
Chapter forty-seven: Safe Haven
Chapter forty-eight: Risks for the One
(Not a Chapter)
Chapter forty-nine: Time To Finish What Was Started
Chapter fifty: Smiliar Demons
Chapter fifty-one; final: Warm Hands

Chapter thirty-six: Calm Before the Storm

366 12 1
By weebakon

Hiroomi Nase

I didn't pack an extra pair of clothes, so he went to his closet and opened it wide. He held his hands out to the side and smiled while bowing. He then took his t-shirt and a pair of cargo shorts to change into. He disappeared into the bathroom.

I stared at the contents in the closet. Mostly t-shirts and button-up shirts along with a few vests. I examined the fabrics, wondering what I should take. My eyes soon came upon a sweatshirt. A light purple tint with a tiny character on it. I smiled and inhaled the sweatshirt without a second thought. It was soaked in his scent. My heart fluttered as I went to take a deep breath.

"You little pervert." I jumped from the sound of his voice. I grinned nervously and laughed a small laugh.

"Call me what you want, but I will still do as I please." He rolled his eyes playfully at my response. I flipped the sweatshirt over and flung it over my body. I pulled it down over my bare stomach. I tugged at the sleeves and hugged myself. Akihito's warmth...I started to imagine it all around me. It felt like I was engulfed in his arms.

Akihito walked over and knelt down at the closet. He searched through his neatly folded pile of shorts before he presented me with a pair.

"You don't want me like this?" I grinned as I posed in my speedo. Akihito became flustered and threw the shorts in my direction.

"Just put them on!" He trudged out of the room. I managed to take a glimpse at his red ears. A new quirk I learned today about Akihito is that his ears get really red after an embarrassing moment. I never noticed it, sadly, but today it stood out.

I put the shorts on and skipped out of the room. I found him in the kitchen making snacks which I'm guessing were for us. I quietly walked over and slithered my hands around his waist. He flinched, but relaxed immediately after. I hugged his stomach while resting my head against the back of his shoulder. We started to sway while he prepared our snacks. My lips pressed together and created a sound. I started to hum a random tune to him. While I did so, I peeked over his shoulder to see him slicing apples. I closed my eyes, satisfied, and retreated back to my original head position.

After another few minutes, he picked up the tray and headed back to the living space–with me still intact. When he put the tray down on the coffee table, he sighed.

"Will you release me for a moment?" He groaned. I obediently did so and we sat on the couch. My eyes veered to the snacks. They were apple slices covered lightly with caramel. My eyes gleamed as I reached to pick one. Akihito watched me take a bite first before getting one for himself. My taste buds were enlightened by the taste of the sticky caramel combined with an apple's watery structure. I quickly took another and then another after that one. Akihito giggled before plopping one into his mouth. He jumped suddenly and leaned forward.

"Ow, I bit my tongue!" His face scrunched up as he chewed slower. I laughed and touched his chin.

"Let me see." After swallowing the slice, he opened up just enough for me to see his bleeding tongue.

"It's not bad–wait..." I squinted my eyes and leaned closer. His tongue was bleeding, but it wasn't bleeding the color red. The black blood started to spread on his tongue and drop down in his gums.

"Wha is it?" He struggled to say with my hand tightly on his chin. He swatted my hand away and lifted one brow. Should I tell him...?

"You're bleeding..." Akihito reached into his mouth and touched his tongue gently.

"It's no big deal–" He lifted his finger in front of him and noticed the dark color that came from his tongue.

"What is...?" He looked up at me with a concerned face. Does this have to do with him being half-yumo? Is he...losing?

"Akkey–"
"I'm sure it's fine." He said as he reached for another slice. After chewing and swallowing, he gave me a reassuring smile.

"See?" I tried to smile back. He wasn't fooling me, this never happened before. Not around me, nor around Akihito. He was completely oblivious to what was to come. I have to be prepared for anything, even fighting Akihito. I wonder if he's prepared for anything...

"Hiroomi?" His hand sways in front of my face to snap me back from my thoughts. I smile with my eyes closed and shake my head.

"Sorry, I was just thinking..." His hand flies to my shoulder and grips it hard. I stare back into his brown eyes.

"Everything's fine." He says quietly while leaning in to kiss my cheek. I close my eyes and try to believe him. Has this happened before? I grabbed another apple slice and nibbled on it. Maybe I shouldn't worry.

Akihito moved over and leaned against my body, resting his head on my shoulder. My hand automatically started to run through his hair slowly. I wish we could stay like this for the rest of the week.

"Want to go for a walk?" His voice cracked from being silent too long. I kissed his head and patted his shoulder.

"Sure."

We put our shoes back on and walked outside. The air was humid and bright. Not a single cloud was in the sky and there was no sign of a storm coming anytime soon. Cherry blossoms covered the trees. I still wore the sweatshirt even if I got any looks from bystanders. I didn't care as long as they didn't bother me and Akihito's warmth. For awhile, we didn't hold hands, we just walked along the sidewalk. Cars zoomed past our ears as we continued down the path. The park came into view so we decided to stop there for a bit. The cherry blossoms provided us with some shade on our path.

I looked around the outside of the path. A small plant caught my eye. It was withering, struggling in the shade. Another plant next to it was growing better in the sunlight that shined through a hole in the trees. I frowned as I watched the other one struggle for survival, shriveling in the darkness.

"Whatcha looking at?" Akihito perked up. I stared at the plants one last time and sighed.

"Just a glimpse at survival of the fittest." He blinked at me and laughed.

"You need to lighten up." He suddenly attacked my neck with his arm and ruffled my hair. We both laughed as I playfully pushed him away.

"Only you could do it, y'know Akkey?" His face softens as he gives me a smile. He then puts his hands to his hips and proclaims, "That's what I'm here for." He laughs quietly and becomes red. My eyes start to water as I start to smile. Akihito notices and his eyes widen.

"I didn't think it was that meaningful..." At first, I wondered what he was talking about, but then I felt the my wet cheek. I was crying. His silly words made me lose it. I pulled the sleeve to the sweatshirt and wiped my face.

"P-please don't cry, Hiroomi!" He says while sniffling. This big baby, although who was I to say that? Here I am getting emotional over something so pointless. He struggles to keep his nose in check.

"Alright, sorry. I seemed to have lost my composure over you, Akkey." He then comes in for a hug. He hugs me tightly like I'm about to slip away forever. I hear him sniffle and ramble about how grateful he was to have me in his life. I patted his back and shushed him in his ear.

"Stop, I already know," He looks up from my shoulder with his eyes squinting.

"Why so narcissistic?" He growled. I frowned at him.

"I wasn't finished yet!" Akihito waited with an agitated expression. I sighed and continued.

"I already know because I feel the same way about you." His eyes widened and he chuckled and hugged me again.

"I love you, Hiroomi!" I hugged him back after my heart fluttered. I dug my head into his shoulder.

"I love you, too, Akihito."

Next Update: June 7th

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.1K 11
Dipper was born with wings and striking blue eyes. He is just starting highschool, waiting to be ridiculed when a mysterious transfer student arrives.
1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
915K 42K 62
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC