A Twist of Fate (1D series...

By JossieLeia

Jo Andrews Sam was your typical average high school girl. There was nothing pretty about her. Nothing excitin... More

A Twist of Fate
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Prologue
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ One
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Four
*Author's Note ~ 1D world tour's venues request ~ * CLOSED
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Ten
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twelve
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fourteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Fifteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Sixteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eighteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Nineteen
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪Thirty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-three
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-four
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-five
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-six
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-seven
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-eight
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Thirty-nine
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-one
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Forty-two
A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Epilogue

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seventeen

68.1K 320 28
By JossieLeia

I sit here and wonder if you’ll ever understand just how much of me belong to you.  ~Anonymous 

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Seventeen

"Got your tickets?"

"Ditto," I waved my tickets up high in respond to Niall's question.

We have arrived at Lauterbrunnen ready to conquer the Jungfraujoch. The train up the mountain would be departing in ten minutes as we made our way to board. We were up early this morning to catch the first ride for the boys wanted to fully maximise their skiing time. Armed with the necessary gears and equipments, they were more than ready to hit the snow.

"Are you sure you don't want to try skiing?" Liam asked.

I have decided not to join them since I could not ski and it would be a waste of effort for me to learn now. Besides, I would only be getting into their way.

I smiled in return, "No. I'll just head up Jungfrau and enjoy the beautiful scenery up there."

"Will you be fine on your own?" Zayn asked, concerned. He looked extremely handsome in his sun shades and skiing jacket.

"Colin will be with me," I told him as I indicated towards where Colin was standing.

It was Colin's first trip to Switzerland as well and he wanted to enjoy the scenery instead of jumping into the snow.

"Just be careful, okay?" Zayn added.

"You be careful yourself," I mused.

He should be worrying about himself more than about me.

"What time will you guys be done?" I asked.

"Let's meet for lunch?" Harry suggested.

"Where?" I asked in response.

"We'll be going up to Murren. Let's meet at Wengen for lunch," he said.

"Okay, where?"

"We'll be at the station. Easier that way.

"Okay," I agreed.

The announcement came on for boarding. Despite it being early morning, the groups of tourists were up and ready to ascend the mountain as we fought the huge crowd of people.

We managed to find a cabin all to ourselves. I lowered the window to have a better view of the scenery as the train travelled slowly upwards. The small wooden houses were a sight as we passed by. It was summer yet there were patches of snow covering the roofs of the houses.

The first stop was Wengen - a small village or town or whatever you would call it. There were a number of kids who alighted with their skiing gears and equipments. The small town was bustling with activity.

"Aren't you getting off here?" I asked the boys when I saw that they made no attempt to move.

"We're going up to Murren," Louis said excitedly. "It's higher and the snow's thicker up there. Besides, the slopes are more interesting as we go higher." His eyes glinted with excitement.

We travelled through a couple of tunnels and few more turns upslope. The mountain turned entirely into a skiing paradise as the residential houses ceased. There were many people out on the snow skiing - some beginners and some advanced. There were also people on the ski lift as they returned uphill.

The boys got off at Murren after a reminder from Harry to meet back at Wengen as well as a quick squeeze on the arm by Zayn.

"Enjoy yourselves!" I yelled as I waved out of the window.

They did not reply. They were probably too awed by the snow.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Colin asked in his quiet voice as he marvelled at the majestic Alpine sight before us.

"Definitely," I nodded.

"Are you sure you are not going to ski?" he chuckled.

"Are you sure you are not going to ski?" I shot the question back at him.

He laughed before shaking his head, “No, I’m sure,” he said firmly.

“You know how to ski right?” I asked.

He shrugged, “But I don’t feel like skiing today.”

The Lauterbrunnen bahn arrived at the top of Jungfraujoch after some ten minutes in the tunnel with nothing to see. Colin helped me down the train as we headed toward the observatory deck.

He gave me a quick look over before heading to the small shop. I eyed him curiously, wondering what he was off to buy.

“What’s that?” I asked him when he returned with a bottle can.

“Portable oxygen,” he showed me. “Just in case.”

“Whatever for?”

“The air tends get thinner higher up. We might need it,” he explained. “Besides, I thought you looked a little de-oxygenated.”

I looked at him in wonder. Actually, I did feel a little disoriented when we started down the short passageway from where we alighted. I thought it must be an effect of the long bahn train. Now that he mentioned it, it could be due to the lower percentage of oxygen up here. Besides, I had history of hypotension which often resulted in faint spells.

“Thanks,” I said gratefully.

“Here. Take a puff first before we proceed.” He helped me with the can as he placed in gently over my mouth. “Take a deep breath.”

I did as he instructed and immediately I felt better.

He did the same for himself before putting away the can. “Now, we are ready to go.”

We came to a crossroad at the stairway.

“Where would you like to go?” he asked.

I looked at the direction signs. Down to the Ice Palace. Up to the Observatory Deck.

“Down?” I offered.

“Sure,” he smiled.

A blue revolving door opened to reveal a blue stairway and the rocky vaulted roof above us changed into a glacier. The thousand metres square cavern was minus three degrees centigrade as it held ice sculptures. I marvelled at the ice igloos, ice penguins, ice bears and even an ice tunnel. The ground was slippery as the handle bars were freezing cold. At one turn, I nearly missed my foot when Colin caught me by my arm.

“Be careful!” he warned. After that, he refused to let go off my hand.

A round through the cavern got me used to the altitude and I was ready to hit the open. As we headed back to the crossroad of stairs, I stopped to rub my hands to keep them warm. My hands and feet tend to get cold easily and since I only brought along a pair of thin gloves, it hardly kept me warm.

“Cold?” He asked.

“Just the hands,” I said.

He grabbed both my hands into his, keeping them engulfed in his heat. For that moment, I felt blissful due to the warmth. But as soon as he released his hands, my hands froze up again.

“Here,” he pulled out his own gloves and offered them to me. “Take these.”

“No!” I protested immediately.

“Take it,” he pushed it into my hands.

“But,” I asked. “What about you?”

“I’ll be fine,” he assured.

Since he was adamant about it, I took it thankfully as I slipped his gloves over mine. They were still warm.

He pushed opened our final barrier to stepping out in the open and a cool Alpine breeze welcomed us. It was a good day and the sun was just nice – not too hot. I ran out into the snow. It had been a while back since I last played in the snow.

“I’m going to make a snowman,” I declared and he laughed at me who was behaving like a three year old child.

After ten minutes of gathering the snow into balls, I managed to shape the body of a short fat snowman. He came over to help me as we made it grow in height. A little kid who was building a snow man next to me, offered me his snowman’s head.

“Here, you can have it,” the little child said. “I’m done with it anyway.”

“Why, thank you very much!” I smiled at him before he shuffled off to join his parents.

We dressed up the snowman in our scarves and my beanie as well as my sun shades.

“Go,” Colin said. “I’ll take a picture for you.”

I lay down next to the snowman, cuddling it since it was way too short.

“Why don’t we take a picture together?” I suggested.

He came over and join me at the side of the snowman; both of us lying in the bundle of snow as we tried to squeeze into the screen.

He helped me up as I was deeply buried in the snow and my breaking into laughter did not help any better. I climbed up onto the small snow slope hoping to get a good view.

“Be careful!” he shouted as he shook his head in amusement.

“Whoa!” I gave a scream as my left foot sunk into the snow knee deep when I took a step forward.

“JO!” With a leap, Colin was next to me. “Be careful!” He reprimanded as he helped me up.

I laughed, “I’m fine!”

He narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

“What?” I grinned.

“You are just like my little nieces,” he broke out in a grin as well.

“I’m going to be a snow angel!” I declared as I plodded myself down on the snow and made waves.

He captured a few pictures before joining me.

“I think my butt is wet,” I complained. “And I’m too comfortable to get up!”

He tried to pull me up despite my unwillingness to get up. “Better get up soon, we got to go.”

“Where are we going?” I pouted.

“Wengen. We are meeting the rest lunch, isn’t it?” He reminded.

Oh sheesh, I’ve totally forgotten about it.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

“I DID NOT!”

“YOU DID!”

“DID NOT!”

“DID!”

“DID NOT!”

“DID!”

I rolled my eyes at the ruckus caused between Louis and Harry as they argued over whether Louis fell flat on his face.

“You saw it too, didn’t you Niall?” Harry questioned the blond guy beside him.

“I didn’t see anything!” His neighbour protested hastily, putting his hands up in mock surrender.

“Niall!” Harry exclaimed with a pissed off look. “Li?” He turned to his next target who was busy chomping on his salad.

“I saw nothing,” Liam said in between his mouthfuls of vegetables.

Harry sighed in frustration.

“Hah, no witness!” Louis grinned triumphantly. “You lose!” He stuck out his tongue at Harry.

“I saw it,” a voice shot out flatly. They had forgotten about Zayn.

Harry’s eyes lit up and he leaned over to kiss Zayn on the cheek which Zayn wiped it away in disgust. “What did you just ate? Mustard?”

Harry ignored him and turned back to Louis. “There! A witness! Louis Tomlinson fell on his face down the slope!”

“Shuddup!” Louis screamed and threw a straw at him.

“Oh! Just quit it!” I exclaimed. “If you fall flat on your face, so be it!”

They stared at me, even Colin.

We were in the middle of our lunch at a nice cosy restaurant in Wengen and I was trying to enjoy my nice delicious burger. Even Colin came along, which was rather rare since he did not particularly like joining the boys for meals. He found them much too noisy for his liking.

“Jo is angry…” Niall spoke up first.

“What’s wrong?” Louis asked with concern before he looked over to Colin for answers. Colin simply shrugged, giving a look of ‘Don’t ask me’.

“So childish,” I said. “Sometimes I wonder if you guys are nineteen or nine…”

“I’m eighteen,” Harry said proudly, placing a hand on his chest.

“And I’m twenty,” Louis said solemnly. “That is, before my birthday this year.”

“And I’m seventeen,” I pointed out. “But I do not behave like this.”

I thought I saw Colin smirking at the side.

“Did something happened up there?” Niall asked Colin.

“Did she knock into her head?”

“Is she having her period?”

“Hey!” I almost shouted before I sigh. “I give up.”

“Oh come on,” Harry placed his arm around my shoulder. “It’s just our usual bickering.”

I shook my head, “Seriously childish.”

“Ok,” Louis said as he raised his fingers into a swear. “We solemnly swear that we will not act childish in front of you.” He said before breaking into a bout of giggles.

I glared at him before I threw him a straw – the same one he threw at Harry.

“So, what are your plans after this?” Liam changed the subject. Trust Liam to be the most sensible one.

“Colin and I thought we could go into town,” I answered.

“Town?” Harry asked. “Isn’t this town as well?”

“This is more like a ski resort,” I pointed out. “But I might consider.” I looked to Colin for his consideration which he simply shrugged. “And you guys are going to ski some more?”

“You bet,” Louis grinned.

“And fall on his face again,” Harry smirked.

“I will not!” He glared at Harry.

“Don’t start,” I warned.

“You want to ski, Colin?” Zayn asked suddenly which caused Colin to look at him.

“Me?” Colin asked, surprised.

"If you want to ski, I can accompany Jo," Zayn explained.

Colin exchanged looks with me before replying, "I'm okay."

Wait! Am I a liability now? I am seventeen for goodness sake! I could jolly well take care of myself! Even if it's an offer from him - the guy that is stealing away my heart from me...

I glared at the both of them. "Both of you can go ski. I can go on my own. I don't need an escort."

My tone was sharp and filled with anger. Even Louis and Harry had stopped their bickering and keeping quiet.

"No," Zayn said hastily. "It's just that... I thought..." And he shrugged uneasily.

Colin gave my hand a little squeeze. "Of course you can take care of yourself well enough. Nobody is saying otherwise." He looked over to Zayn, "I have no intention to ski today so I'll take a walk around town as well."

The table went quiet for a few seconds before Niall spoke up, "Wow, isn't everybody touchy today?"

"I agree," Louis said in agreement. "Let's play a game."

"What game?" Niall asked, interested.

"Truth and false," he grinned, picking a spoon and placing it in the centre of the table. 

"Not again?" Liam groaned. "Don't you ever get sick of that?"

"Nope," Louis chuckled. "Helps me get to know you guys better."

"You okay with it?" Liam asked me.

I shrugged, "Spin it." "

How do you play it anyway?" I added. 

"You will tell one false and two truths and the rest of us will have to guess which one is false," Harry explained. 

Louis spun the spoon and it stopped nicely before me.

"Jo!" Louis grinned.

"Hmm," I pondered. "I play the drums. I like One Direction. I hate onions." 

"First one is definitely true," Louis pointed out. 

Niall nodded, "Agree."

"I can't bring myself to see that you don't like us," Liam pointed out. "So I'll say three is false."

"Agree," Niall and Louis nodded in agreement. 

"Hmm," Harry thought about it for a moment. "I thought I saw you ate onions..."

I smirked as they debated whichever was true.

"What about the rest?" I asked, realising Zayn and Colin had not commented yet.

"Two is false?" Both Zayn and Colin spoke out at the same time. 

"She hates onions," Zayn pointed out and Colin nodded.

"So?" Louis looked at me questioningly. 

"Yeah," I smiled. 

"You don't like One Direction??" Harry exclaimed. 

I shook my head and their eyes widened in shock. Then my face broke into a wide smile, "No, I don't like One Direction. I love One Direction!"

"Yippee!" 

"Woohoo!"

They cheered and gave each other hi-fives. 

"Gave me a fright," Liam let out a sigh of relief. 

"Next," I said. I took the spoon and spun it. 

This time, the spoon stopped at Colin. 

"Oh," he exclaimed. "I have five pairs of guitars. My favourite band is Bon Jovi. I like Jo." He winked at me.

"How can you have five guitars?" Harry exclaimed. "Crazy..."

"Even if you like playing guitars that much, it's still unbelievable," Louis shook his head.

"Jo?" Colin piped.

"Second one is false," I blushed.

He grinned. "Who do I like?"

"I'm not sure," I shrugged. "But I know you don't like Bon Jovi." 

"Jo knows me best," he chuckled.

"Why on earth do you have five guitars at home?" Harry asked. 

"I have three. Bass, classical and accoustic. The other two belongs to my dad."

"That's cheating!" Louis exclaimed.

"Well, technically he's not wrong..." Liam said.

I laughed. 

"How's your dad by the way?" Niall asked. "Heard there's some charity show going on." 

Colin shrugged, "Ya, he's been busy." 

Looks like they know his dad? And his dad is into charity? Wow...

"One of these days, we'll see you on his shows," Liam mused. 

"I doubt so," Colin grunted. 

"You should just work for him," Harry chuckled. 

"But we'll miss a good guitarist," Louis pointed out. 

"As long as you leave Jo alone," Niall laughed. 

"Huh?" I asked, puzzled. 

"His dad is always on lookout for a good drummer," Liam explained.

"Not that he needs one," Zayn added.

"Oh," I said simply, since I had no idea who they were talking about. 

"Jo seems lost," Harry mused. 

"Sorry," I said. "Am I supposed to know something?"

"Haven't Colin told you?" Louis asked. "Who his dad is?"

"No," I looked at Colin and shrugged. "Who is he?"

"Julian Lennon - son of John Lennon," Zayn said. 

I turned in surprise, "Does that mean...?" 

Zayn nodded, "Yeah, Colin is the grandson of John Lennon." 

I gasped. 

"I didn't know..." I looked at Colin in surprise. 

"I see no need to advertise that," he responded. 

I looked at him in awe. 

"Shall we be going?" he looked at me and stood up.

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

 "So, John Lennon's your grandfather...?"

Colin did not reply immediately.

"I'm not very close with my father," he said after a long pause.

"How come?" I asked curiously.

"You don't follow the news, do you?" He asked, amused.

I shook my head. "No."

"My mom and Julian Lennon were not married," he explained. "It was a mutual break off when they found out my mom was pregnant with me."

"He helped with my growing up years," he continued. "I stay with him once in a while."

"So, how do you get your Asian looks?"

"My mom's Chinese American," he said simply. "I spent a few years in Taiwan."

"Wow..."

"How about you? You looked a little Asian to me too..." He chuckled.

I laughed. "My mom's mom is Chinese. I have relatives in Singapore."

"So, we are similar," he grinned.

I nodded. "I'm looking forward to Asia."

"Me too," he agreed. "It's been a while I've been back in Taiwan."

"You can bring me around then!"

"And you for Singapore!" he grinned.

"By the way," he looked at me, his expression serious. "Why were you so worked up just now?"

His question caught me off guard. I stared at him blank eyed.

"I don't know," I admitted sheepishly. "Maybe I was just irritated..."

"It's Zayn, isn't it?"

"What?" my eyes widened in shock.

"Both of you behave weirdly when you are around each other," he said as he pondered. "He is concerned about you. And you think about him all the time... when are the two of you going to get together?"

"Huh?"

"You like him, don't you?"

I looked at Colin and I let out a sigh. Should I tell him? Colin's like a big brother to me and besides, I really needed advice.

I nodded. "Yes."

"Have you told him?"

"Told him?"

He smiled. "Jo," he began. "You are not waiting for him to open his mouth, are you?"

"Why not?" I insisted.

"Sometimes," he continued. "You need to make a move first."

"But I'm a girl," I protested.

"So?" he challenged me.

"So," I argued. "He should be the one who initiate it."

He smiled with a sigh, "Sometimes, you need to fight for what you want."

I looked at him.

"You know," he gave me a beautiful smile. "Kate was the one who confessed first. I was so worried that we would not be friends anymore if I told her I liked her. Sometimes, guys worry about the wrong things."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Really," he nodded to reaffirm his statement.

"He almost said it out," I told him. "Until Harry interrupted us."

He laughed. "Zayn's quite a shy one. Unlike the rest, especially Harry. Harry's not afraid of making himself known." He shook his head in amusement. "But Zayn's a loyal boyfriend. I know he will take good care of you."

"Has he had many girlfriends...?" I asked hesitantly.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" his eyes lit with a mischievous glint.

"If I get a chance to talk to him..." I frowned.

"Need me to help you with that?" he winked.

"No!" I protested. "I think I'll just wait for the right time."

He shrugged, "if you wish..."

 ***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

I was debating who to cast as Colin. It was between Zac Efron, Jon Keltz and Kevin G. Schmidt. In the end, I chose Jon. I wanted a less familiar face... Actually, I wanted to leave you guys to imagine how he looked like - but I couldn't resist.

I won't be putting a face to Jo. Coz she's too unique. So, just leave you to imagine.

Sorry about this chapter.... I was watching TV while writing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
11.9K 334 25
Clary and Jace meet when Clary sees him in the famed Pandemonium Nightclub. Clary and Jace start dating, but she doesn't know he's a shadowhunter, or...
1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
14K 291 21
Derek leaves the town he loves and ends up finding the girl he loves with the same name--Albany. Everything in both of their lives is perfect when th...