Help me...

By kxxtykxt

Layla screamed out in pain as she was beaten again by her husband. He slammed her against the wall and starte... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 7

551 21 1
By kxxtykxt

The shuffle of the bar chair next to him brought Cloud from his trance and he glanced up. He frowned slightly when he saw it was Damian.

He didn't know who he was waiting for, so seeing Damian shouldn't have been a disappointment, but for some reason it was for him. Damian stared at his friend and then turned to the bartender and ordered a glass of whiskey. Once his drink was placed on the bar counter it was snatched from under Damian's hand and Cloud downed the whiskey. Damian stared at his friend first in shock and then with a glare.

"Man you're paying for that" he spoke in a hush tone then ordered another one from the bartender. Cloud looked to his friend and groaned softly, his vision foggy from all the alcohol he had just drank. He didn't try to steal Damian's next drink, instead he kept his head down on the bar counter, closing his eyes. Damian stared down at his friend and let out a sigh.

"Alright man you said you were gonna explain. Start talking" Damian ordered his friend, causing Cloud to raise his head.

Cloud rubbed his forehead like he normally does, then all of a sudden it was like a burst of energy came from him and he surged into the story. He explained everything, but omitted the part of him paying to see her being raped by a bunch of guys. Damian sat and listened to his friend. By the end of the story Damian nodded then ordered another drink. He didn't say anything to Cloud, so he was bewildered on what his friend thought about his actions and if he could have done something better. Cloud got the answer soon enough when Damian poured the beer all over Cloud's head. Cloud sat there and let Damian pour it on him, while glaring at him.

Cloud could hear gasps coming from around the bar, but he didn't notice them, his eyes continued to be locked on Damian. Once the bottle was empty Damian put it back down on the bar counter and everyone's eyes were on them. Damian got up, put the money down for his drink and then left. Cloud hesitated, but then he put his money down and left after Damian. He stumbled out of the bar, still kind of drunk since he had also drank before Damian got there. As he continued to stumble out of the bar, he jumped at the sound of Damian's voice.

"You're an idiot" he spoke harshly from where he stood leaning against the wall beside the door of the bar. Cloud looked to his friend as he shut the door and he took a deep breath.

"I really am, aren't I?" Cloud spoke softly. Damian shrugged his shoulders and walked to Cloud, grabbing his shoulder gently. Damian led Cloud to the car and Cloud stumbled slightly as he walked. Damian pushed Cloud into the car and then got in the driver's side. Cloud frowned and looked to Damian.

"I can dri*hiccup*ve" he let out a soft laugh and looked to Damian.

Damian just rolled his eyes at his friend and then started driving. He had dealt with a drunk Cloud before, but it had been a long time, so he forgot some things he usually did. He drove to Cloud's house and parked in the driveway. He stopped and looked to the house. He wondered if it was okay for him to drop off Cloud in his house when it was just Hope and the baby sitter. He glanced at Cloud again and shook his head. Damian considered it probably wasn't a good idea, since he was practically drooling all over the place.

He drove onto the street once again, but this time he went in the direction of his own house. He decided that him and his wife, Riley, would watch him tonight. He parked outside of his two story house and walked to the passenger side. He pulled Cloud out gently and put him on his back because Cloud could barely walk. He carried him to the door and opened it quietly. He jumped when he saw Riley standing there. He chuckled nervously as he recognized her stance. She stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, her foot tapping on the ground angrily, her black hair falling in waves over her shoulders, a robe covering her pajama dressed body and her blue glaring eyes stood out against her dark skin. Damian let out a sheepish smile as Riley just muttered swears in Jamaican, and then she turned and walked into the living room. Damian followed after her and he watched her prepare a small bed for Cloud. Once she finished, Damian laid Cloud down on the couch and Riley pulled the blanket over him. Cloud laid back on the couch and groaned softly. He closed his eyes and passed out instantly. Riley turned to her husband and hit his arm hard.

"I work late and you go out with you friend?! You left a baby sitter with our child, Damian!" She whispered to him angrily in her strong Jamaican accent as she pulled him upstairs to let Cloud sleep. She walked into the master bedroom and Damian followed with a sigh.

"Riley I'm sorry babe! Look I took her trick or treating, then I came home and left her with a babysitter, so I could go out with Cloud. Cloud suddenly ran off and when he came back he was soaking wet, so I wanted to know what happened! Don't be mad, please" he explained to her then walked to her from behind and massaged her shoulders softly. He leaned down and kissed her neck gently. Riley kept her glare and her arms crossed over her chest, trying to deny that she liked the massage and kisses. Riley sighed and pushed Damian off.

"Let's just go to bed. I'll yell at you in the morning" she spoke softly and took off her robe. She climbed into the bed and closed her eyes. Damian watched his wife then followed suit into the bed.

The married couple fell asleep in the same bed but meanwhile, Cloud had gotten up downstairs and was stumbling around.

"G-gotta-gotta save Lay Lay!" He cheered in a whisper. He walked towards the door and made sure to be extra quiet, 'shhhhh'ing the
door. Once he was outside the cold night air hit him and he almost fell back. He stumbled down the steps and towards Damian's car. The alcohol was starting to hit him more now, since he had gotten up after sitting for so long. He stumbled to the driver's side
of the car and basically flopped onto the door with a loud groan. He opened the door, since it was unlocked. Damian didn't believe in locking his car in case of an emergency when you don't have the keys, like being chased by a murderer. Cloud fell into the
driver's seat with a giggle and then straightened himself up.

"Keeeeeeyyyyysssss!!" He called like he was calling for them like you would a dog. "wwwwhhhhheerrreee aaaaarrrrrreeee youuuuuu?" He
slurred as he moved stuff around among the car, looking for the spare keys Damian usually kept. Finally, he found them in the space you put your sunglasses. He put the keys in place, after missing the whole a couple of times and then backed out of the driveway. He drove over the curb and he gasped.

"Oh my god the hulk just grabbed my car!" He spoke in a surprised tone and then glanced around his car. He glared at nothing as he looked around "suspicious..." he mumbled then drove off.

He wasn't driving the best, but he was driving okay for a drunk person. Sometimes he drove over the lines and would make a to wide of a turn, but the road was deserted because of how late it was, so it didn't really matter. He finally parked outside his destination and he smirked. He opened the door and fell out of the car onto his face. He groaned and got up slowly, rubbing his now scratched face. He turned back to the car and pointed at it with a glare.

"You! You pusher! Stop!" He yelled then pushed the car. Although it didn't do anything, but in his mind it did surprisingly a lot. He smirked and stumbled backwards slightly "I am He-man!" He yelled.

Somebody walked out onto their porch with an angry glare and stomp "sir, we have children trying to sleep in this house and your constant yelling is keeping them up!" She yelled in frustration, even though she was an old lady with a high voice "please keep your voice down! The children have school in the morning!"

Cloud just stared at her in shock then laughed "you can still have children at your age?!" He asked while laughing hysterically. The woman gasped and glared at Cloud.

"That was very disrespectful! They are my grandchildren and are here for Halloween! You are a nuisance and I will call the police!" She hugged her blanket tighter around her frail body as she yelled at Cloud. Cloud stared at her and then squinted, as if he was zooming in on her. He gasped slightly in shock.

"You're the old blind lady! Oh my god, I swam in your pool!" He spoke in surprise, oblivious to what he had just said. The old woman just gasped and walked inside angrily, probably to call her husband to get the police. Cloud just sat on the lawn and stared up at the familiar house.

"Imma coming for you baby Lay Lay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damian slowly opened his eyes to come face to face with Riley's hair and he groaned slightly. He had no idea why he was up or suddenly awoken, but he felt that he needed to wake up. He slowly got out of the bed and put on his pants and shirt. He walked downstairs slowly and glanced around. He walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of milk, but froze in the hallway when he saw the 'bed' was empty. He rushed into the living room like a speeding bullet and whipped his head around, searching for his best friend. He ran throughout the whole house, but didn't find anything until he burst through the front door. He frowned and groaned.

"He's out there. Drunk. And driving" he rubbed his forehead "he's going to kill himself" he grabbed the keys to his wife's van and then got in and started it as fast as possible. He sped out of the driveway and drove down the road. He stopped at a red light as he realized something.

"How the fuck am I going to find him?! I don't have a tracker on him or nothing what the fuck?!" He exclaimed in frustration then continued driving. He tried to check off places he might be "okay bar? No he wouldn't go there again while drunk. His house? He's drunk but knows better. A girl's house? I don't think he has anyone. Wait" his eyes widened "that house for Halloween!" He gasped and as soon as the light turned green, he sped down the speed in the direction of the house. He sped into the subdivision, trying to remember the street.

"Come on come on. Was it Brighten? Was it Yeliov? No! It was Drecken!" He drove onto the street and let out a breath of relief when he saw his car parked horribly on the side of the road "oh thank... fuck!" He sped up and parked behind his car. He got out and was about to yell, but it seemed like the old blind lady beat him to it. Once the blind lady went back inside, Damian got ready to stomp up to Cloud and give him a lecture, but before he could, Cloud lunged towards the house. Damian's eyes widened, and he thought what is the worst thing Cloud could do.

"Oh no! Cloud stop!" He ordered him, but it was like Cloud ignored him. Damian watched, Cloud stumbled as he climbed up onto the front porch and walked to the door. He stood there for a few seconds, thinking. Then he did the worst thing Damian could think of.

Cloud rung the doorbell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 2 17
"You're unbearable!" He kicks her with utter contempt. "Please tell me where I'm wrong, causing you discomfort was not my intention," she said crying...
2.5K 92 21
- DIANA FERRARIS: She's the new Dona of the Ferraris' Italian mafia. She has a past she can't quite get away from. Her ex-lover has now crawled his...
10.8K 436 31
Jackson is boy who on his last year of high school, his parents made him go to camp. His family weren't really a rich type of family but he was popul...
6.9K 459 6
Blurb: Detective Layla Owens, after shooting a perp during a drug raid, was placed on mandatory administrative leave, with an "extended vacation" acc...