The Nerd And The Bad Boy

By IlovMurphy

I'm not big on descriptions but I'll try. Here it goes: Alice-Mae was just a socially awkward nerd with a b... More

The Nerd And The Bad Boy
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
*IMPORTANT*
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
The beginning of long, seemingly forever lasting editing

Chapter Sixteen

36.7K 689 86
By IlovMurphy

That morning was rushed, Colt and I had overslept. Even tough the dance was at 6, Chloe wanted me at her house in the wee hours of the morning. it was one in the afternoon. I was completely late, Chloe would be pissed.

"Hurry up, Colt, Chloe is already out for blood," I stressed, running my hands through my hair, trying to pull the stress away.

"Relax, Ali, it'll be fine, she'll forgive you," Colt pulled his pant up his legs, before grabbing his keys and wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me out into the brisk wind.

I still wore his shirt, but I also wore my jeans from yesterday, Colt gave me an adoring look, before he got in the car. I followed suit.

"I love it when you wear my clothes," he started the car. I blushed, unsure of how to respond. He slowly put his hand on my thigh, as if he wasn't sure what I'd do. I was glad that I wasn't the only unsure one.

The drive to Chloe's was nerve-racking, only because I knew what I would be getting into when I arrived at her house.

Chloe was outside on her porch when we pulled into the driveway, her phone was at her ear, and she completely dropped it when she saw me. She ran out to the car and threw open my door, pulling me into her arms.

"What the hell, Ali?! I was so worried! You didn't even call me, I thought you were dead!" Chloe cried, burying her head in the crook of my neck. I could feel her tears, she hugged me tighter and tighter.

"Im sorry, Chloe, I thought you knew that Colt had found me," I whispered. Colt waved before backing out of the driveway.

"Im so happy your okay! What if something bad would've happened? Ali, if your going to run off, please bring your phone," she pleaded, pulling back, she kept on arm around me and brought me inside her house. I nestled my head into her shoulder, I felt so bad that I'd made her that worried. Worried enough that she wasn't even mad that I was late.

"I'm sorry, Chloe, I really am," I told her, expecting her to continue her rant, but she surprised me by say,

"Its okay, now lets go get you ready for the dance," she smiled, tugging me up the stairs into her room.

I grabbed my phone out of my purse and texted Colt

'Are you going to pick me up or am I going to meet you at the dance?'

'I'll pick you up, I have to go, I'm driving.'

I sighed, Chloe was getting out all of her makeup supplies and curling irons and straighteners. Was I over my head here? Yes, yes I was. Was Chloe insane? Yup, she most definitely was. This was a bad combination.

Chloe turned to face me, putting her hand on the back of a wooden chair she motioned for me to sit it the chair. I decided to comply, seeing as to I owed her that.

She ran a brush through my hair, swiftly taking out all the tangles and snarls, then she gestured for me to remove my shirt.

"Fine," I huffed, slipping out of Colt's shirt, Chloe always said that if your doing hair its best to be without a shirt because when you take it off, it screws everything up.

"Thank you," she sang, but she didn't ask about the shirt, for which I was thankful.

~~~~

Colt's POV

I pulled out of Chloe's driveway, knowing that eventually Ali would talk to Chloe about last night when I saved her and she'd know that I'd been lying. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't tell her the truth. I couldn't, if I did she would leave me.

I pulled out onto the highway, I had to get out of the gang. They'd seen Ali and went after her, worse is that I had too. I hadn't known it was Ali at first, but then I'd recognized her jeans, I felt bad. Really bad.

My rang beside me, hesitantly I grabbed it. It was a text from Ali wondering if I was picking her up, I responded and headed to my grandma's house. Grandma would know what to do, she always did.

Grandma's home was in Barnum Minnesota, somewhere I always was as a kid. Whenever my parents were fight, I'd call Grandma and she'd come pick me up.

When I got there, 45min later, I strutted straight up to the door, knowing that I wouldn't be able to stay long. I knocked on the door before pushing it opening.

Grandma raced towards me, "Colten! I didn't know you were coming! Come in, come in, hun," Gram hurried to rush me into the kitchen.

"Gram, Ive got a...situation," I sat down on the bar stool.

"What is it, dear?" she grabbed the plate of cookies and brought then over to me.

"I...I'm dating this one girl and...I don't know what to do," I sighed, raking my hands through my hair and blowing out a breath, "She's not like the other girls, Gram, shes quiet and shy, not to mention she may have a temper that I don't know about."

Gram's eyes softened, "Oh, hun, you haven't told her have you?"

"No, it was hard to even tell you, and shes just so...innocent, I don't know what to do," if any of the guys knew that I could be like this, they'd try and whoop my ass.

"Hun, if you love her and plan to stay with her, you've got to tell her, lies are what rip a relationship to shreds," she sat on the stool next to me.

"I know, Gram, don't I know it," I raked my hands through my hair.

"Don't you ever get sick of it?" Gram asked, thus changing the subject.

"Get sick of what?" I looked at here.

"Of dying your hair that awful color," she ruffled my hair.

I shrugged, "I don't mind, its not like it makes anything different."

She nodded thoughtfully, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't think I'll be able to tell her, Gram," I whispered, "I don't want her to leave me, that would kill me."

"You either have to tell her or.."

"Or what? Leave her? As you may know, Gram, Ive been considering that, Im just poisoning her way of thinking, and I know that, but the thought of leaving her kills me."

"I know, but its not good for your relationship if your always lying to her," she hugged me.

I sighed, "Do you want to meet her? I'm taking her to the dance tonight, maybe you could stay at my house for tonight and Ill drive you back tomorrow."

"Oh, I'd love to," she clapped her hands together like Chloe would do. If Chloe found out that I was even thinking of leaving Ali, she'd murder me and then charm the cops and get away with murder.

I smiled, reaching for a cookie.

"Let me go pack a bag, will your father be there?"

I shook my head, "He's never home, he pays the bills, but is off living the good life."

She frowned, "Where on earth did he ever get the money?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "His business is pretty big now, in Europe."

"Shame on him, he needs to be here for you, what if you need to be bailed out of jail?" she joked, "Ill be right back, I need to go pack my bag."

I rolled my eyes, shoving another cookie in my mouth, before I froze. Shit, shit, shit! I still needed something to wear to the dance! What did guys normally wear to dances?

I raked my hand through my already tousled hair, worrying like never before. What would I wear? I glanced nervously around, could I just wear black skinny jeans and a black shirt? Or did I have to dress up?

"Im ready, Colten, dear," Gram sang, appearing in the kitchen and bagging up the cookies.

"Uh, Gram? What do guys wear to dances?" I asked her hesitantly.

"Normally they wear tuxedos," she gazed at me in shock, "You don't have a tux do you, Colt?"

I shook my head, "Whatever though, Im sure I can wear--"

"No, no, no, we'll go buy you a tux, its important."

I let out a sigh if relief, at least I wouldn't look out of place.
~~~~
Ali's POV

"Relax, Ali, Im sure he's on his way," Chloe insisted, straightening her curls, "Want me to call him?"

She peeked out from the bathroom into the living room at me, "No it's fine, Chloe, Im sure he's on his way..."

I sat on her couch, my hands folding in my lap as I chewed my lip, worry knitting itself in my stomach. Why was he late? I knew he was only late by ten minutes, but still! I watched out the window, waiting for him to pull up.

What if he'd gotten in an accident?! And if he did, how would I know?!

Suddenly, I saw a car glide up the driveway. Colt had arrived, and when he got out of the car, I was shocked to see him in a tuxedo.

I rushed to the door, opening it before he even knocked.

"Excited?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Maybe, where have you been?"

"Shopping for the perfect tux and present..." he raked a hand through his auburn hair.

"Present?" I questioned, my curiosity spiking.

He nodded, looking god-like, "Yea, I figured it'd be a good idea to get you something."

"But I don't have anything to give you," I began to panic, wow I was awful.

"You don't need to give me anything," he assured me, "I don't mind."

"It does matter, I need to get you something," I insisted, wringing my hands together.

He placed a comforting hand over mine, "No it doesn't, we should get going, am I driving Chloe too?"

"No her date is coming soon, he said he'd be here at 6:30," I told him, liking the feeling if his hand on mine.

He nodded, "Should we go?"

"Wait! Stop right where you are!" Chloe called, skidding around the corner with a camera in hand, "Strike a pose bitches!"

I laughed, Colt joined in, before wrapping his strong arms around my waist and making sure I faced the camera. We were laughing and smiling and making faces at Chloe and her camera.

"Okay, I got thirty-four of them, do you think thats good? Oh, hang on, we have to do a formal one!" she cried, smiling merrily, her hair bobbing, well half of it the other half was straightened.

Colt nuzzled my neck, before smiling and squeezing my hips. I smiled sweetly, putting one of my small hands on his large one.

"Ahhhh," Chloe cooed, "You guys are adorable!"

"Why thank you, Chloe," Colt smiled.

"Oh please don't boast his ego," I joked, "Its big enough."

Chloe rolled her eyes,smiling and said, "I'll get these developed later."

"I want one, or thirty five of them," Colt joked, but I knew he was serious. We then left, Colt held my hand while we walked out to the car. He even opened my door for me!

Once we were seated and buckled in the car, he handed me the little black box. I took it gently, "What is it?"

"Open it and find out," he said nervously. Why was he nervous? I was the one completely worried here.

So I opened the little box, gasping and raising a hand to my mouth.

"Do you like it?" he asked, his eyes searching my face for my reaction.

"I love it!" I smiled, wiping tears away, "Its beautiful, Colten."

He smiled, clearly satisfied with my reaction. Inside the box had been a silver bracelet, on it was a little charm, it was a gold heart. I turned it over in my hands, afraid that I would break it. On the back I noticed an engraving, it read,

'C+A, I love you, Alice'

Tears pricked at my eyes again, "Thank you, so much, Colt. its beautiful. I...I love you too."

My heart was swelling at his second confession to me, I held out my wrist and the bracelet.

"Will you put it on me?" I questioned, watching as his calloused, big, hands took the delicate bracelet and clasping it around my small wrist. When he was done, about to pull away, I caught his hand in mine, "Thank you," I whispered, leaning forward and pecking him on the cheek.

He put the key in the ignition with his left hand, before backing up out if the driveway and making our way to the school, where the dance was being held in the Gym.
*******************************************************

A/N
Sorry guys, the dance will officially be in the next chapter, I swear on it. Sorry for not updating on time, again. Ive been busy, high school is approaching at what seems like breakneck speed. Lol, Ill swear I'll update before, say, maybe Tuesday? I will not procrastinate.
Xoxo, Morgiebug
P.S. not edited, have a beautiful evening!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.4K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...
832K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
60.5K 2K 48
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
1.7M 59.5K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...