Mosdenea

By Animallover55

*Book 1 of the Saint J's Boys* He put his forehead against mine, making my breath hitch. Whispering he said... More

Prologue
Chapter 1--Meeting A Mosdenea
Chapter 2--Aliens Abduct From The Top Bunk
Chapter 3--My Car's Name is Daisy
Chapter 4--You Know What? Your Pants
Chapter 5--Daisy's Insides Are A Tetris Puzzle
Chapter 6--The Story of the Two Dolphins
Chapter 7--A Crane Is Apparently Cooler Than A Mermaid
Chapter 8--A Blackhole is Actually a Dead Star
Chapter 9--Shots Aren't Only From Doctors
Chapter 10--Home Isn't As Sweet As My Other Home
Chapter 10.5--My Attitude Feels As Dry As The Thanksgiving Turkey
Chapter 11--Hands Are Like A Puzzle
Chapter 12--Swerving Cars, Cops, and Waves
Chapter 13--Some People Are Simply Posh
Chapter 14--Singing And Dancing Is Sweet Cherry Pie
Chapter 15--Good Thing Arrows Aren't Bent
Chapter 15.5--If You Fly, I Fly
Chapter 16--Everything Goes Up With The Bonfire
Chapter 17--Christmas Gifts That Match Are Cooler Than You'd Think
Chapter 17.5--Motorcycles, Jet Skis, Snow Mobiles, Oh My
Chapter 18--The Doctor of Motorcycles and the Nurse of Colds
Chapter 18.5--The Sun Tastes Like Honey
Chapter 19--What's The Big Deal With Having A Papi
Chapter 20--Third Wheeling Is Actually An Important Job
Chapter 21--Rain Seems To Make Everything Romantic
Chapter 22--The Art of Tattoos
Chapter 23--My Prom 2.0
Chapter 23.5--Two Stars Shine Brighter Than One
Chapter 24--The Best Best-Friends
Chapter 25--L.O.W
Chapter 26--The Ferry O'Love
Chapter 27--The Art of Unimaginable Contentment
Chapter 29--Sharks Don't Bark, They Bite
Chapter 30--We Got Caught Playing Tag
Chapter 31--There's A Curse Word In Every Sentence
Chapter 32--Mirages Eventually Fade
Chapter 33-Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 34--Episode V: The Mosdenea's Strike Back
Chapter 35--A "Brief" History Lesson
Chapter 35.5--Can All You Have Is Love?
Chapter 36--Life Moves On
Chapter 37--The End of a Good Story
Epilogue
New Story--Low

Chapter 28--I Would Like To Thank The Academy

9.5K 536 228
By Animallover55

"Wait," I said as Aaron packed up a duffel bag. "Where are we going?"

Pierce smiled up at me. He was cleaning up all the different pots and pans he used to make all the food. After packing it all in the bag, he grabbed a blanket along with a few other typical picnic things. "On a beautiful weekend like this?" Pierce said quickly glancing out of the apartment.

Aaron seemed to be on the same page as his brother. He grinned at Pierce before looking at me. Walking towards me he laced his arms around my waist, "Why...it seems like a perfect day for an adventure."

I couldn't agree more. I didn't have to speak for Aaron to see I was on board. My smile radiated my approval as he quickly kissed my lips before going back to the bag where he finished packing. I went to my room to change as I put on a bikini underneath my shorts and tank top. Then covered myself up with my leather jacket before quickly packing a backpack with extra clothes just in case. The boys had put towels into the duffel bag so I assumed wherever we were going, there was also going to be water.

"Ready?" Aaron asked as I walked out the door. He was also wearing his leather jacket over his own checkered tank top. As I walked towards him he tossed me the keys to Sage. I inwardly smiled as I caught it with a small jingle.

I hadn't had the opportunity to ride Sage often. Pierce and I still carpooled but Aaron had been trying to take me driving at night when the rate of cops was lower. We raced a lot but not the kind of racing he and Pierce does. I was still hesitant reaching certain speeds on my bike. And I sure wasn't going to tell my family that I now own one. I knew for a fact they would disown me for owning a motorcycle.

I am fully aware how dangerous motorcycles are. Before getting to serious with Sage Aaron gave me a small lecture about the dangers of having a bike. He told me stories of certain accidents and explained to me what I would have to do in certain situations. I hadn't even realized how cautioned Aaron was until he told me to be careful. "But of course," He concluded with his typical smirk. "Have fun."

"Where are we going?" I asked as we rode down the elevator.

"Well that's a surprise," Aaron said with a small shrug.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "If I'm driving Sage then I should know where we're going."

The corner of Aaron's lip curved into a smile, "Why? You think you could beat Pierce and I?"

I bit my lip to hold my bluff, "Yeah."

A lie, I thought.

"Oh really?" Pierce said with an interested face.

"Heck yeah," I said more confidently.

Are my pants on fire? My legs are feeling warm.

"The Keys," Aaron finally told me. Both Pierce and I were shocked. Typically, Aaron stays quiet. He never tells me anything that has to do with our adventures. "We're going to the Keys."

I smiled—grateful he did tell me. "That's almost a two-hour drive."

The elevator door opened. Aaron folded his Ray-Bans before securing them in his pocket. "Your point Birdie?" He asked as we all walked out to the parking lot. We walked over to Pierce's BMW where we placed all our gear into the trunk of the car. The boys were bringing a lot which had me wondering as to what we were going to do.

I hesitated—thinking of the long ride we had ahead of us. "I've never driven the motorcycle that long."

"You're going to have to someday," Aaron concluded.

"I'll catch you losers on the other side," Pierce said to us as he got into his BMW. He started blasting his music loudly as he rolled the top down.

Aaron and I went over to the parking space where he and my bike were parked side to side. They looked iconic together like a true duo. I would be lying if I didn't admit it made me happy seeing the two bikes there—looking like they were a couple already.

I started mounting my bike when I caught Aaron staring. My helmet was in my hands and I was just ready to put it on when I gave him a small smile, "What?"

He didn't divert his eyes or look away. Instead he held his gaze with me and shrugged. Right before placing his helmet over his head he said, "I'll miss having your arms around me."

I smiled to myself, turning my head away so Aaron couldn't see. Finally, I placed my helmet over my head and leaned into the bike. Pushing my feet off the ground to take off, I instinctively placed my hands on my abdomen where Aaron's would usually be.

You're not the only one, I thought.

**************

We all got stuck in traffic. Well...Pierce and I did. Aaron illegally rode on the side of the interstate where he literally passed by every car. I stuck next to Pierce, trying my best to weave around all the other cars. The sun's heat was intense once we were stuck in the traffic. The problem with going down to the Keys is that the interstate is only two lanes wide. Occasionally, it would be only one lane. But Aaron drove all along the border until I finally got a call from him.

"How far away are you guys?" He asked as soon as I clicked on the button on the side of my helmet.

I glanced my GPS, Pierce was a car or two behind me. "About half an hour." I answered. Up ahead I could finally see the bridge where the traffic dies out.

"Well..." Aaron said lowly. I wasn't sure where he was or what he doing but I could hear the laughter of children and the sound of bells on bikes ringing. "I won."

I rolled my eyes, "I'll see you soon."

Before he could say anything else I hung up. The last thing I wanted was for him to continue bragging by telling me he was eating ice cream or enjoying a nice breeze. Pierce and I were both burning up. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky or breeze in the air. Even planting my feet on the ground was causing the heat of the asphalt to seep into the soles of my shoes.

The moment I was cleared, I sped ahead of Pierce. The wind from the bike somewhat cooling me off as I did so. Aaron was waiting for us at a national park in the Keys. Pierce followed after me, trying to pass me but I wouldn't let him. Every chance he wanted to switch lanes I would simply pull up in front of him.

When he and I finally entered the national park, we went in search for Aaron's bike. I found it first and quickly parked beside it. Locking my helmet to the side as I texted Aaron to find out where he was.

Where are you? I sent.

Pierce met me at the edge of the parking zone as I wrapped my jacket around my waist and put on my Ray-Bans. "Jesus it's hot," Pierce muttered as he fanned himself with the front of his shirt.

I smiled, "Hope you brought extra deodorant."

"I did." He replied quickly.

Go into the aquarium, Aaron sent back. There's air conditioning.

Pierce and I followed the signs into the small aquarium. It was a large room filled with different fish tanks where all the different fish found on the reserve were housed. I saw a few fish from Finding Nemo but if I'm being honest those were the only ones I would instantly recognize.

A few kids were lined up at the front, drawing pictures and taping them to the wall. Some drew fish and others drew themselves on boats. The employee simply monitored what they did as she handed sheets of paper and crayons out.

I was glad there was air conditioning. It was the instant cooling Pierce and I needed after the hot and sticky ride over. I let out a sigh of relief as I realized the farther away from the front door, the colder it became. And at the end of the room, Aaron's leather jacket quickly got my attention.

Aaron was seated on the ground, leaning against one of the bigger tanks as he kept his eyes staring straight at a different exhibition. He was staring at a poster that showed the evolution of a Megalodon. I took my seat next to him, the blue light of the water from the aquarium glistening across us.

He rolled his head in my direction, a lazy smirk suddenly on his face. "Glad you made it," he said.

I rolled my eyes, "What you did was illegal."

"But I wasn't caught was I?"

"No."

Aaron shrugged, "Then there's nothing to worry about."

"People could have taken your license plate," Pierce remarked softly—more to himself than to us. "But I guess that doesn't matter either."

Aaron checked his watch before slowly standing up. He put his hand out for me to grab as he pulled me to his side. "You two cool enough now?"

I glanced at Pierce who simply nodded. "Yeah," I answered for the both of us. Aaron grinned, putting his arm over my shoulders. "Where are we going?" I decided to try and ask again.

Aaron didn't answer. Then again, I didn't expect him too. He led Pierce and I to the end of the small park we were in. Taking his backpack off—the one I had given him for Valentines—he walked over to a small shack with an instructor waiting outside. The instructor directed Aaron to the lockers where he can keep all his belongings. Before I knew it, we were all stuffing our bags and clothes into one of the small lockers.

"Are you here for paddle boarding or kayaking?" He asked.

Aaron looked over at me as if asking which I preferred. I shrugged, "Kayaking."

He rolled his head back to the instructor saying, "We'll take a double and a single."

"Gee," Pierce muttered sarcastically. "I wonder who's going to be riding in the single."

"Well if you really must know," Aaron said shoving a life jacket at Pierce's chest causing him to stumble back. "It'll be you, sweet little brother of mine."

I chuckled, grabbing my own life jacket and quickly clipping it on over my bikini. The instructor took us out to a small drop off. Kayaks lined up the shop and drop off. A few people were by standing and watching as we got into the kayaks. Aaron got into the water first after the kayak was situated away from shore. He was almost waist deep as he held the kayak for me to jump on. I got into the front seat, Aaron jumped into the back as he pushed us away. I handed him his paddle and when I looked over my shoulder I could see the instructor helping Pierce.

Soon enough, the three of us were kayaking through the small national park. Pierce behind Aaron and I as we tried to figure out how to stoke together without being inefficient. I laughed as we failed miserably to move forward. We banked to the left causing Pierce to shout at us. "I'm going to crash into the both of you!" He said.

Aaron looked at his brother over his sunglasses and raised his eyebrow slowly. In a swift motion, Aaron pulled the water with his paddle causing a splash to land on Pierce but perfectly redirecting us through the alley ways of the national park. Pierce started shouting and cursing at his brother but when I looked back, Aaron simply wore a snarky and content smirk on his face.

"Pacifist my ass," Pierce concluded as he sputtered his last sentence.

The beautiful yet worst part of the national park was the alleys. As we kayaked through what seemed like an estuary, we couldn't paddle side by side. Sometimes the lanes would widen and sometimes they would narrow. Aaron and I had to be careful not to hit the sides of the water. Basically, roots and trees made up the shore surrounding us. It was beautiful to paddle through because it looked like I had suddenly transported to some river in Brazil. But because they would narrow and widened, the three of us had to be careful.

"I think we got the rhythm," I said as Aaron and I paddled. It took a few tries and failed attempts but we were finally moving in sync.

"Maybe you'll stop splashing me now," Aaron said. I looked over my shoulder only to realize his legs and a bit of his vest were drenched. I hadn't noticed I was splashing him until he pointed it out. Without wanting to I busted into laughter.

"You could've said something," I added as I took more careful strokes.

"I didn't want to disrupt your fun," Was Aaron's reply. Without even thinking about it, I smiled more.

We went deeper into the national park. A few times I saw the scales of fish in the water below. I kept asking if there were any alligators or crocodiles around here but Aaron and Pierce assured me that there shouldn't be. Every so often I would think I could see something twined with the long trailing roots but before I could analyze it too much we would have already paddled away. Besides, we were in saltwater which meant if I was going to see anything it would have to be a saltwater crocodile. The likelihood of that? Zero. We're in Florida. Not Australia.

"Do you have the map Pierce?" Aaron asked behind his shoulder as we came into a clearing.

"Map?" Pierce asked back in a bewildered tone.

Aaron and I stopped paddling. "Yeah," Aaron lifted his eyebrow. "I handed it to you."

Pierce focused for a moment before realization struck him like a lightbulb going off over his head. "Oh," He frowned. "Shit, I thought that was trash."

Aaron pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. He wasn't angry, in fact it almost looked like he was about to laugh. Aaron looked up at us and shrugged, "Do you two remember all the turns we took?"

Oh great, I thought to myself. We're going to be stranded here.

"I think I do," Pierce took charge as he took a few strokes in front of Aaron and I. "If I can navigate myself through Venice I can get us out of this water maze."

As Pierce stroked in front of us, I glanced behind me at Aaron. His lip was curved up in a smile and when I turned around I could already feel his eyes staring into mine. Even with the glasses blocking each of us, it was a feeling in my gut that sent butterflies through me. For a moment, I forgot how hot it was. How lost we probably were. I even forgot we were both sitting in a kayak in the Keys. I guess that's Aaron's superpower. He has the ability to make you only see him.

Aaron tilted his head slightly, "Having fun Birdie?"

I did his trademark move and curled my finger at him so he would move closer to me. The end of his lip twisted up into a grin as he leaned closer. I quickly kissed his lips, tasting salt and sunscreen before I pulled away. It was a brief sincere kiss, but even then I felt lightheaded.

Aaron leaned back against his seat and started following after his brother. "I'll take that as a yes."

We spotted a few cool birds. After taking an extra half-hour of trying to find where we came from, we finally docked back into harbor and started exploring the rest of the park. There was a hiking trail we quickly went through. It basically snaked through a small set of woods where trees were labeled and I saw brightly colored bugs. All of us were eaten alive by mosquitoes but we sucked it up until we were back on the beach.

We found out there was a scuba diving section, snorkeling, and any water sport imaginable. A few men came in with a boat and others with jet skiis. I was looking at the snorkeling pamphlet at the main hub while waiting for Pierce to finish buying a cap. Aaron came up behind me to look at what I was holding.

"Do you want to go scuba diving? Or snorkeling?" He asked as he put his arm around me.

"Not today," I said shaking my head. I didn't think kayaking could get me as exhausted as it did. But it had been a very hot day. We were running low on energy and soon we'd go to eat lunch. The day was getting hotter and there were no clouds to try and shade the suns heat. Between that and all the activities we were bouncing around from—I was exhausted.

"We'll do it some other time," Aaron agreed. H e took the pamphlet from my hands and put it in his backpack. He looked up at me with a crazed expression. "Besides, the best part is seeing the sharks."

I gulped. The thought of getting close to a shark would have me running for the hills. I wasn't always afraid of sharks. I thought they were cool predators that are gravely mistaken as killers. But then I saw Jaws. My brothers thought it would be funny. The great thing about seeing a shark movie while living in Michigan is: Sharks don't live in Michigan. I was never worried about it. Until I moved to Miami.

I've been very cautioned in making sure I don't encounter a shark. The only other reason I'm dead scared of them now is because of Shark Week. In Michigan, I used to watch it every year. It's what made me think sharks were cool. And I never had anything to worry about because all I could swim in was a pool. Now thought? I'm petrified of sharks.

"Sharks?" I asked hesitantly as I glanced up at Aaron.

He simply raised his eyebrow at me and grinned. The look on his face instantly telling me he was entertained by my evident fear. "Are you afraid of sharks Birdie?"

"I'm not afraid of them," I managed to say. "I just like respecting their space and hope they respect mine."

"I'm glad that ideology doesn't apply to me."

"Isn't my cap beautiful?" Pierce interjected as he walked up to us. He placed the cap on his head and grinned. It was a light blue with a dolphin on it. At first glance, it seemed childish. Second glance, after Pierce put it on, it seemed to fit him, his style, and his personality.

"Are you done?" Aaron asked without covering up his annoyance.

"Yeah," Pierce put his hand on his stomach as we walked out of the small gift shop. "I'm starving Aaron."

"Me too," I admitted.

Aaron didn't say anything to either of us. He simply led us back to the parking lot where we all boarded our vehicles. We followed him to a seafood restaurant that was half an hour away. After being seated, we all started talking. It felt like any other day we usually have in the apartment. Where Pierce tells us stories about his adventures and I tell stories over living in Michigan. Expect, typically, Aaron stays quiet. Not today. Today he told a story.

It was the story of when he first rode a motorcycle. He and one of his best friends were racing. Expect whenever Aaron raced him in a car he would lose. So finally, he became frustrated and decided to try out a bike. The first race he lost. The second he won. Ever since that day, he realized how much more freedom he got from riding a bike. And how amazing it felt to win against his friend.

I was surprised he was willing to share the story. It's hard to piece everything together sometimes. It was also somewhat pathetic that I thought this one story meant another large stepping stone for Aaron to trust me.

Even after his story, we enjoyed our time together. After our meal we found a nice spot on the beach where we had our picnic. Pierce had prepared several deserts and fruits for us to eat. It was refreshing and relaxing to be picnicking with the boys on a beautiful beach where we could see the sun perfectly setting against the horizon.

Even with all the adventures we had this one day—or any other day—I was glad to have it with these two boys. That's when I realized: It's not about the adventure. It's about who you're with. And I was glad it was the Mosdenea brothers because I love both of them. I love them so much.

******************

"Everyone quiet!" I whisper shouted as we all turned our attention to the TV. It had been a week since the boys and I had gone on the adventure to the Keys. Tonight was the famous Oscar awards and I couldn't be more excited. I invited the whole gang over to stay the night and watch who the winners are. Recent years I would fall asleep before being able to finish the awards, but not tonight. Not when Malcolm Dean has the possibility of winning.

Victoria walked out of the kitchen holding a bag of steaming popcorn. "Parker," she said barely catching my attention. "Can I lower the temperature?"

"Sure," I said quickly with my eyes glued to the screen. "I don't care."

Aaron and I were sharing the larger bit of the sofa. While he laid back and twirled my hair, I sat up Indian style with my chin in my hands and elbows on my knees. "I think that dress is ridiculous," Kellie added as she grabbed a bit of popcorn while pointing at one of the actresses. I had to agree. Some designer dresses are just odd.

Kellie and Jackson were huddled on the ground with blankets and pillows. We had moved the coffee table in order to add space. Victoria and Carlos took up the one chair while Pierce chilled on the L-shaped couch with his brother and I. At first, I had been nervous inviting Carlos to the apartment. Seeing as I had hardly talked to him, but he and Aaron seemed to get along when Carlos mentioned what car he owns.

Then there was Pierce. The poor guy was third-wheeling three couples. I guess that made him the seventh wheel. He was nice about it and whenever he felt uncomfortable he would simply go to the kitchen to get some more snacks and drinks.

Everyone in the room got quiet as the awards started. We had spent the time at the beginning—when the red carpet was going on—to make popcorn and get whatever we needed for the entire night. Victoria was sipping on some coffee just as Kellie got comfortable against Jackson.

I glanced behind me at Aaron as the host of the Oscars went along to say something funny that caused everyone to laugh. Aaron gave me a small head nod before relaxing against the couch. I decided to lay back against him, feeling his arms instantly wrap around me.

"So Aaron," Victoria asked as she munched popcorn during commercial break. "Do you ever talk or do you only talk to Parker?"

I smirked, looking up at my boyfriend. Aaron shrugged, unsure how to respond. He never talks to my friends. And when he does it's very brief and concise. That was something about Aaron that I liked—in a way. He didn't talk all the time. Whenever he did talk, it also was never just about him. If anything, he doesn't talk about himself enough. But to my friends, Aaron just flat out doesn't speak.

"I talk to the people I truly care about," as his short response to Victoria.

Victoria scoffed—the comment even got Kellie looking up at Aaron. "Are you saying you don't care about us?" Victoria asked.

"Jerk," Kellie added on with an eyeroll—even though I could tell she was being sarcastic.

"You're Birdies friends," Aaron said lifting an eyebrow. "I care about you as much as I should because you're my girlfriend's friends. But you're also the people she'll go to if we ever have an argument or any trouble. Best you stay biased and not let my charisma cloud your better judgment."

I chuckled and before Victoria could comment I quickly hushed her and raised the volume on the television. After seeing Disney win yet another Oscar for the best animated film, I also got to see the best actress. Music. Designs. Etcetera. When Shawn Parris won for best screenplay, everyone in the apartment shouted in agreement and joy. That was the second person I wanted to win an Oscar. Watching Shawn Parris go up and accept his award made me happy.

"Oh my flipping unicorns," Shawn said after he received the award. He looked so moved and touched yet at the same time like a child that was having a sugar rush. "I don't know what to say. I just want to thank the academy, my beautiful Emily, my brothers, my sisters, all that family stuff. But also Foo-Foo. He's been my most loyal best friend and I don't know where I would be without him. I hope you all have enjoyed my stories and movies—I know I have. And just...thanks to all my fans who stuck with me during the hardest time of my life. Going through chemo was no walk through the Gummy Bear palace—if you know what I mean."

He ranted on over dancing grizzly bears and how much he loves dinosaurs. Something about a Uni-Rex. When the siren went off to tell him his time was up he grinned and ended with, "I loathe only vital excuses you all!"

"Sometimes," Pierce said as Shawn was seen skipping down and showing off his award to his family like it was a prized lollipop. "I really question that man."

I couldn't help but agree. Even so, Shawn Parris is an idol. "I think he's absolutely adorable," Kellie said.

"Didn't you see his proposal in his newest book?" I commented.

"That was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen," Victoria added. "Right next to baby panda bears."

It took probably another hour. Carlos fell asleep and Kellie was dozing off on Jackson. The guys would talk every so often but they stayed quiet for the most part. During the commercial breaks, we would all comment over the movies that were nominated and which we all thought deserved to win. Finally, however, the moment of truth arrived.

"It's happening," I said lightly hitting Aaron's arm and Pierce's leg as I sat up again. The host was announcing who was going to announce the winner of best actor. All the nominees were shown on the screen—Malcolm Dean being one of them. "He's beautiful."

"You're delusional," Jackson groaned out as he crossed his arms and watched the screen.

I turned around quickly to see Aaron's expression. Instead of watching the television his eyes were locked on me. I smiled at him, "What?"

He lazily shrugged, "You're too energetic for this time of night."

"That's because you two stay up so late that you've trained her to have this much energy," Pierce muttered quietly. He was half-asleep and I could see he was struggling to keep his eyes open.

"It's happening," I repeated as the announcers stepped forward to the mic. I bit my lip and squeezed my hands together.

Please, I prayed. I love this actor so much. Please win.

"And the award for best actor goes to..." The announcer said as they pulled the card out. I held my breath, biting my lip. I was sending all sorts of prayers in hope that this moment would happen. "Malcolm Osme 'Manny' Dean."

I jumped up and squealed so loudly that everyone woke up and looked up at me. Kellie threw a pillow at my face and the only person that didn't seem annoyed by my hysterics was Aaron. He simply chuckled as I stopped squealing and sat back down. "He won!" I whisper shouted so I wouldn't bother anyone. "My idol won."

Aaron rolled his eyes. I knew he didn't think the Oscars were important. In fact, he didn't think a lot to do with the Hollywood industry was important. But I appreciated him caring for me enough to try and understand why this was a big deal to me. "Congratulations," Aaron said pulling me into his arms. "You should throw a party."

I scoffed, "Watch me. I will."

He chuckled—kissing the side of my neck as we watched the screen. "I don't doubt that Birdie."

Malcolm Dean went up to receive his award. He started out with the typical thanks to the academy before switching topics. "I want to thank my beautiful wife for being here with me tonight," He said causing me to swoon. That man has the smile of a god. "This means so much to me. I wish my son could have been here but he promised he would be watching from home."

Manny Dean waved at the camera and shouted, "I got this for you!"

Everyone in the audience laughed slightly as he continued his speech, "As many of you may know, I lost my first wife in a car accident not too long ago. So again, I am thankful to my current wife Lanie, who has been at my side through thick and thin. She and I are starting our own organization to spread the word of underaged drinking and DUIs.

"Thank you again for all of your attention and love. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my fans and everyone who has helped me along this difficult journey. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their night."

He kissed the Oscar, giving a last thanks before walking off stage. Everyone in the audience applauded him. I could only put my hand to my heart and feel a small thrill of energy course through me as I felt like a proud Mama Bird who just witnessed her child succeed. "I love him so much," I muttered.

Pierce rolled his eyes, "I feel like he basically only advertised his new organization."

"But he also won an Oscar," I pointed out.

"Go to sleep," Kellie groaned out loudly as she snuggled further into Jackson's side.

I turned my attention behind me and asked Aaron, "We're going to finish watching right?"

Aaron slowly closed his eyes as the edge of his lips curved upward. "Birdie," he said lowly. "You know I always finish what we start."

I curled back into Aaron's arms. Pierce took over the only blanket there was on the sofa which left Aaron and I into the cold air-conditioned room. I wasn't sure what temperature Victoria set the apartment, but the AC was blasting. My leg was wrapped over both of Aaron's as I laid back on my side while watching the TV screen. My brain was fogging up as my eyes started to burn, and I could feel sleep start to take over. But as hard as I tried to fall asleep I couldn't because the buzz of the air conditioning mixed in with the cold wouldn't let me rest.

"Aaron," I mumbled causing a small grunt to escape his lips. "I'm really cold."

He pulled me closer, kissing my forehead as some of his warmth enveloped me. "There are spare blankets in my closet," He murmured. "Do you want me to get one?"

I took a deep breath and sat up. "I got it."

"Top shelf," He said as I managed to walk through the laying bodies. I had to step over Jackson and Kellie. Victoria was angled oddly with Carlos' arm around her. She looked like she was about to fall off but somehow managed to stay in her spot. Pierce was lying on the spare part of the couch. The blanket he had low on his chest. As I walked by, I pulled up the covers to his chin causing him to stir slightly.

Dragging my feet to Aaron's closet, I turned on the lights and looked up at the different shelves. Sure enough, the top shelf was full of large fluffy blankets that were neatly folded. I stood up on my tiptoes, reaching as far as I could to grab the top blanket. I pulled it down, tossing it to the floor to grab the second blanket. I was sure that in the middle of the night someone else was going to whine about being cold.

I reached up again, placing my hand on the top of the second blanket. Instead of looking up I stared straight ahead at the stacks of clothing that rested on the middle section of the shelf. As I pulled the second blanket down something glistened at me from the end of the middle shelf. Had the clothing been arranged differently I may have never noticed. Had I let Aaron grab the blankets instead of me I would have never seen it. It was at the end of the shelf, hidden against the wall. I held my breath for a second—to make sure I didn't hear anyone coming. Quickly, I reached out and grabbed the shiny object.

The moment I realized what it was I felt my heart start beating loudly in my chest. I was holding a revolver by the handle. My hand covering the wooden piece that was connected to the barrel. Blood rushed up to my head, I felt hot all of sudden. Sweaty and afraid.

What the hell was a revolver doing in my apartment? I thought. God, why does Aaron have one?

I bit my lip and hid it back behind all the of Aaron's shirts and folded polos. Quickly grabbing the blankets, I stepped out of the closet and turned the light off. Desperately trying to clear my head I started making assumptions as to why Aaron has a gun.

It's fine, I thought as I slowly trailed out of Aaron's room. The second amendment says we have the right to bear arms.

I licked my lips. Plus, Aaron has so much money and adventures all the time. Why wouldn't he have a gun?

I wrapped my arms around myself as I came back into view of my sleeping friends. Aaron's eyes instantly washed over mine as I made my way closer to him. He smiled softly at me, patting my side of the couch as I tossed him the blanket. "You alright Birdie?" He asked me as I crawled in beside him.

I turned my back to him but let him put his arm around my waist to pull me closer. I felt unsafe in the safest way. Aaron made me feel safe, warm, and like everything we did would make us unstoppable. But now I was afraid. Afraid to know the answers to the man that lies beside me. The man I just so happen to love.

"Fine," I said looking over my shoulder. "Just tired."

He kissed the corner of my mouth, speaking softly. "Get some sleep Birdie. You've had an eventful day."

"Yeah?"

Aaron raised his eyebrow, "Watching your favorite actor winning an Oscar isn't counted as eventful?"

"Oh," I said dazed. "No you're right. It was."

Aaron stared me down for a second. I looked away and closed my eyes, focusing on the darkness around us to try and fall asleep. It felt like hours later but finally, I could hear Aaron's own breathing lighten. I turned around after realizing he was sleeping. Even in the dark I could make out some of his facial features. I stared at him—maybe thinking I could somehow read him like a book. But I couldn't.

When I started to feel myself drifting off I kissed him lightly on the lips. He didn't move. I hadn't expected him to. I rested my head on his arm, falling asleep to the sight of him. The sight of the man that I so undoubtfully love yet fear.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Disclaimer: I'm not going anywhere this summer. Guess that means writing, writing, and hey! More writing.

I am so so very sorry for my absence. I apologize. I have family in town and honestly as much as I love them I can't wait for them to leave so that I have more writing time. I hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless. I felt like it wasn't eventful.

However, are guesses changing? Are assumptions still the same? What do you believe Aaron is a part of? (I haven't told any of my friends that are reading the story and they are begging to know. All I can say is that I hope you all enjoy it.)

Anyways, thanks for the patience. Please vote on the chapter. Comment. Votes have been going down and I truly appreciate them and your comments :) Love you all!!!!

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
2.6K 92 32
Genevieve Fletcher was just a normal girl. When her world is turned upside down on her tenth birthday, Gen's life will never be the same, changing th...
71.4K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...
191K 5K 40
Quick side note: This book was originally named 'The Bad Boy, The Secret, and Me' and was renamed to its current title as of 27/04/2018 for existing...