The Rhythm of Red || YOI!!! Y...

By xlaurynwritesx

Kaori Katsuki. The youngest child of the Katsuki's. Not many can say they have a brother that has won a ice s... More

Chapter 1: Life Without Boys
Chapter 2: Vikk-chan!
Chapter 3: Blonde Idiot
Chapter 4: Living Room Performance
Chapter 5: Yuuri vs Yurio
Chapter 6: A Ballet Coach?!
Chapter 7: Duet
Chapter 8: Ballet is Precise
Chapter 9: Progress
Chapter 10: Wait, Already!
Chapter 11: Off to Canada
Chapter 12: The Feels
Chapter 13: Inspiration
Chapter 15: Cream Puffs
Chapter 16: Happy Birthday
Chapter 17: Agape
Chapter 18: Grand Prix?
Chapter 19: Perfect
Chapter 20: Modern
Chapter 21: Over
Chapter 22: Final
Chapter 23: Stay
Chapter 24: In the End

Chapter 14: A Thing

2.3K 79 7
By xlaurynwritesx

Song- Issues by Julia Michaels

Kaori was at practice in the rink while Yuri was skating. She found herself watching him more then usual and she wasn't mad about it. She was excited. The night before she kept thinking of how it all happened. She didn't realize until that night that he was actually nicer the more she got to know him. She realized that his angry behavior was all just a cover up. At least most of it anyway. He was like her in many ways. In order to see his nicer side he had to warm up to you just like Kaori.

She practiced her dance until it was time for her to get ready for her interview. She put on a fancy dress she brought with her and put her hair up in a braided bun and flat shoes. (Pic but with blackish brown roots.)

She put bandaids around her Achilles heel and thankfully the shoes covered most of her bruises and all her blisters. She went with Lilia to the place and Lilia explained again how she needs to make sure she answered directly so rumors wouldn't go around.

They arrived and she went in. As she walked she had a bodyguard protecting both her and Lilia through all the people. A lot of them had red cat ears on and were screaming Kaori's name. She smiled at them laughing a bit and was thanking them for showing up. Of course she couldn't understand most of them but she was still happy. She got inside and they walked to a stage with a table. Kaori and Lilia sat next to each other as the people asked questions.

"So what is your inspiration for this ballet competition?" An interviewer asked looking to her.

"My inspiration is skating." She said as everyone looked at her confused.

"Why skating if you're a ballerina?" The interviewer questioned.

"For the past couple months I have been working in the studio, but also on the sidelines of the ice rink. Having to be in a room with other types of dancers made me realize that all people push to achieve what they want. A few people I know, including my brother, have worked so hard to become the best they can. My goal in this competition is to be like him and to become a captivating dancer. A dancer that can move a crowd and prove her worth through the inspiration of others. Through the way they move."

It was easy for Kaori to get through, even the part about inspiration. Of course it changed a bit since her initial inspiration. She found inspiration in all the skaters she interacted with the past few months and people were taken away by her answer. It was matured for her age which was something they weren't expecting. She had thanked her parents and Lilia multiple times and kept a smile.

"Sources say that your birthday is in three days. Is this correct?" A reporter asked.

"Oh." She said as she thought about it. She chuckled a bit. "I've been so focused on dancing that I forgot." She smiled. "Um yeah it is."

"Do you plan on doing anything?" The reporter asked.

"Well I'll be traveling with Lilia to Moscow that day. I'll get to see my brother too at the Rostelcom Skate the next day." She smiled realizing it was closer than she thought.

"Are you and your brother close?" Another reporter asked.

"We talk a lot over the phone. We both encourage each other for our sports as well. I think we are pretty close." She said to the reporter.

They asked some more ballet related questions for the both of them and eventually the interviews were over. As they headed home Kaori was excited to see her brother. She texted him to let him know how excited she was. He was probably sleeping but she didn't care.

"Kaori." Lilia said as they sat in the car.

"Yes ma'am?" Kaori asked looking to her.

"You have a beautiful inspiration." She said looking to her.

"Things just played out that way I guess." She smiled. "I didn't realize it all at first."

"I know." Lilia said with a nod. "I'm glad you found it."

"Me too." She responded with a nod.

"Are Yuri and you still on good terms?" She asked looking to her.

"Yes. We are friends now." Kaori answered. They were more then friends but Kaori wasn't sure what to call it.

"Yesterday Yakov told me you two went skating after practice. It went well I assume?" She asked looks to the girl.

"Yes. I hadn't skated in a while so it was interesting. It de- stressed me." She answered.

"He said that when he was talking to Yuri he asked him if it was a date and Yuri got mad." Lilia said as she looked forward.

"That's what they must've been talking about." She said quietly. "A date?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Yes. I don't know what happened for the sudden switch of emotion from you two, but be careful." She warned caringly. It was very similar to the relationship Lilia and Yakov had in the beginning. Of course Kaori knew all about it before she even got the coaching offer.

"I will." Kaori nodded.

"I figured he liked you for some time. When he showed me your dance video I knew he had feelings for you, but I could see he was conflicted as well. I guess in a way I made you two duet so he could settle his emotions. So you could too." She confessed.

"Thank you for that." Kaori smiled lightly. "I'm happy where it is now."

"You're a beautiful girl Kaori. It was only a matter of time." Lilia said as Kaori smiled. They got to the house and walked in. Yakov and Yuri were eating dinner. Yakov told them there was still some soup warm in the pot. Kaori sat down and so did Lilia. Kaori thanked and then ate. Her and Yuri exchanged glances every once in a while, while Yakov and Lilia pretended not to notice.

"We watched the interview on tv. You did really well Kaori." Yakov said to her.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"I didn't realize your birthday was so soon." Yakov admitted.

"Me neither." She said as she ate some soup. "I'll be sixteen." She explained. "Being here, about to compete, is a pretty good way to spend a birthday for me." She smiled.

After eating Kaori got up and went to her room. She put on pajamas and then began to comb out her hair. She heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" She said as she continued to brush her hair looking at the mirror on the wall. She turned to see Yuri. "Hi." She said as she looked back in the mirror.

"Your dress was nice." He said leaning against the wall.

"Thank you." She smiled. She wasn't gonna lie. She loved the compliments way more than the arguing.

"When we leave and get to Moscow I'm gonna visit my grandpa. Do you want to come with me?" He asked as she turned to him.

"How long will we visit?" Kaori asked looking at him.

"Just for the day. He can drive you back to the hotel after dinner so you can visit with your brother." He said looking to her.

"Okay." She nodded and smiled. "Are you sure you want me to go?" She asked brushing her hair more.

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked walking to her.

"I don't know. I mean are we a thing?" Kaori asked looking back at the mirror trying to play it cool. She wasn't though. Her heart was pounding.

"Do you want to be a thing?" He asked standing behind her, looking at her through the mirror.

"If you want to." She said looking at him trying not to smile.

"Why would I ask if I didn't want to?" He asked as he stood next to the mirror now.

"Want to what?" She asked messing with him.

"I want to be your boyfriend." He said blushing crossing his arms at her.

"Well then we are a thing." She said as she put her hairbrush down. "What does that mean exactly?" She asked him crossing her arms to.

"That I'm your boyfriend and you're my girlfriend. And I'm yours and you're mine." He said as he grabbed her hand.

"I like the sound of that." She smiled to him.

"You're such a tease." He said looking at her.

"It's funny when you get all thoughtful. I think it's sweet." She smiled at him and held his hand gently.

"Well, lights out soon so I'm gonna go back to my room." He said looking to her and letting go of her hand.

"Wait." She said as she went to him and hugged him.

"Why are you hugging me?" He asked hugging her back.

"I haven't hugged you yet." She said as she did so. "You're warm." She said as she heard his heart beat faster. She chuckled lightly. "Okay." She said letting go. "Goodnight, Yuri."

"Goodnight Red." He replied as he looked at her. He kissed her cheek and left. Kaori smiled and went to bed.

----------

The next two days she practiced her heart out. It was the last two days she would be in St. Petersburg. She was sad to see it go, but happy what it gave her. Her dances were already perfected. She was ready to compete now but she still had to wait.

All the skaters began eating together. It was there last lunch before they were leaving St. Petersburg. Kaori sat on the side of the table next to Yurio and Mila sat next to Kaori on the other side. Kaori casually looked over to Yuri every once in a while. They weren't necessarily keeping it a secret, they were just waiting for someone to ask.

"What's going on?" Mila asked looking at Kaori.

"What do you mean?" Kaori asked looking to her tilting her head slightly.

"You keep looking at Yuri." She tilted her head up. "Is something going on with you two?" She asked looking to Yuri with her eyebrow raised.

"Oh that." Kaori nodded as she looked at her food and took a bite with a smile.

"Okay now you are messing with me. Tell me!" She said with a smile as Yuri chuckled making Kaori laugh lightly.

"Well if you insist-"Kaori said slowly.

"Yes, Kao, I insist." Mila said almost out of her chair as she leaned so far across the table.

"We're not arguing anymore. For the most part anyway." Kaori said looking to her.

"What are you not telling me. I don't deserve this suspense." Mila said as she had her hands on the table.

"Oh yeah I forgot." She said as she tapped her head lightly with her finger looking up. "We are dating now." She said with a sigh as she took another bite.

"I knew it! You went to Japan to get a girlfriend. I called it!" Mila said as she stood up looking at Yuri.

"I didn't go to Japan to get a girlfriend stupid. It just happened." He said looking to Mila agitated.

"Either way you have a girlfriend and she is from Japan. It automatically proves my point." Mila said leaning back on her chair with her arms crossed. Kaori laughed a bit. "Why are you laughing?" Mila asked.

"Well, the first day I was here I didn't like Yuri and didn't know you. Now we are here on the last day and we are all friends." She said as she looked to them.

"I never said I was friends with her." Yuri said looking to Mila.

"Well she's my friend so close enough." Kaori said back.

"Whatever." He sighed as they all continued eating. After the day was over, Kaori finished packing her suitcases. She looked on the dresser to see her stuffed cat plushie and put it in her carry on. Tomorrow was her birthday. She was excited to see her brother again. She couldn't wait to get to Moscow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 7.3K 38
| DISCONTINUED | You are (Y/N) Hinata You are also Ema sister You use to live in Japan but moved to France What will happen when you move back to J...
116K 3.5K 27
A Yuri Plisetsky X OC Story - Her name? Valentina Nikolaev. Her talent? Dancing like there was no tomorrow. Her future? Not what she expected...
178 17 10
(Yuri! On ICE fanfic {Yuri Plisetsky}) Kanade Kaksuki is the younger brother of Yuuri Katsuki, a once-famous skater. As a child, Kanade has always l...
446K 13.8K 64
(Now Edited) Hi everyone I'm (F/n) katsuki I'm a figure skater like my older brother Yuuri Katsuki. Well in a way you can say I don't really know pe...