RAVEN ✔️

بواسطة BritneyRose_97

"You're an asshole." The poor girl was on the verge of tears by now. "I would never fall for you. You were j... المزيد

Characters/Cast Part 1
Characters/Cast Part 2
Characters/Cast Part 3
• Prologue •
•• Part One ••
Chapter 1 ✔️
Chapter 2 ✔️
Chapter 3 ✔️
Chapter 4 ✔️
Chapter 5 ✔️
Chapter 6 ✔️
Chapter 7 ✔️
Chapter 8 ✔️
Chapter 9 ✔️
Chapter 10 ✔️
Chapter 11 ✔️
Chapter 12 ✔️
Chapter 13 ✔️
Chapter 14 ✔️
Chapter 15 ✔️
Chapter 16 ✔️
A/N & Works
Chapter 17 ✔️
Chapter 18 ✔️
Chapter 19 ✔️
Chapter 20 ✔️
Chapter 21 ✔️
Chapter 22 ✔️
Chapter 23 ✔️
Chapter 24 ✔️
Chapter 25 ✔️
Chapter 26 ✔️
Chapter 27 ✔️
Chapter 30 ✔️
•• Part Two ••
Chapter 31 ✔️
Chapter 32 ✔️
Chapter 33 ✔️
Chapter 34 ✔️
Chapter 35 ✔️
Chapter 36 ✔️
Chapter 37 ✔️
Chapter 38 ✔️
Chapter 39 ✔️
Chapter 40 ✔️
Chapter 41 ✔️
Chapter 42 ✔️
• Epilogue •

Chapter 29 ✔️

21 2 0
بواسطة BritneyRose_97

• Chapter Twenty-Nine •

Malakai's Point of View

There are points in life that you'd wish you could erase. But as it turns out, life isn't all unicorns and rainbows as we all thought as kids. Fairy tales don't exist, and prince charming doesn't even belong in this reality.

Life has been complicated from the start.

These past few weeks have been hell. I can't keep hiding the things I do from Raven. On the day of my birthday party, Raven had become mine completely. My feelings for her have gotten a lot stronger. It's like I can't get enough of her anymore.

The happy moments that I've spent with her and everyone else is just too risky to keep close to heart.

"Malakai, have you been listening to me?" Blaise's voice suddenly broke me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying? My bad, I'm spacing out again." I spoke up as I faced his direction.

"I was telling you that I am very proud of you. You'll soon graduate and still kept Raven safe and sound." Blaise stated.

Have I kept her safe? Just by being with her, I'm already putting her life at risk. I don't know why I'm honestly freaking out now.

"Blaise, I've had stress dreams lately. Is that even normal anymore?" I asked. Freaking out or not, I need some answers to this insanity. "Is this about Raven?" He asked as he sat on his chair.

I nod as I grabbed a chair and sat near him. Blaise let out a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"If you're regretting anything, I think it's too late for that now. I told you that it wouldn't be easy." Blaise spoke up. I knew he would say that. Should have listened to him in the first place. I told myself as I waited for him to continue.

"If you leave her now, you'll only put her in even more danger. I'm sure that Shane by now knows your weaknesses." He added.

"So, what am I supposed to do?" I asked in defeat.

"Stay near her and keep your eyes open. I will think of something okay." He stated.

• • •

After handling a few deals here and there, I decided to head over to Dawson's house. Raven's family are very kind people. They treat me like family, and so far, I've done everything in my hands to keep that up.

Dawson and Jess were throwing a small party for the trouble makers since their birthday is near.

"Malakai, glad you could make it. Raven's at the back, you know she loves those kids." Dawson said to me.

I nod as I walked inside the house and went to the backyard. Jess was already making the food. Everyone else was playing around with the kids.

"Kai didn't think you would come," Leah stated once she saw me.

"Yeah, well, I couldn't just miss out on these trouble maker's birthday," I told her as little Ava ran up to me.

"Malakai you came!" Ava squealed with a smile on her face. I let out a small chuckle as I carried her and spun her around. This made her squeal yet again.

I set her down on the ground as Raven walked over to me. "Hey, thought you wouldn't come," She spoke up while hugging me.

"Well, I didn't have anything to do, so I thought it is best to show up," I said in all honesty. Raven was cheerful, like every other day. Her little cousins are her world.

During this moment, I wanted to get rid of all the negativity. I tried to forget about my worries. I just wanted to have a great evening with my family here.

To my surprise, I never thought I would ever consider a bunch of strangers to be my family. I guess I got used to being around them. I got comfortable, but then again, aren't I already putting them in danger?

"Earth to Malakai?" Raven's voice suddenly snapped me back. "What? Were you saying something?" I asked, knowing I probably spaced out again.

I tend to be doing that a lot lately. I suppose it's from stress. "I was telling you that we're about to eat. Also, I wanted to know if you're still up for prom." Raven stated with a smile.

"Of course I'm still up for prom. Why wouldn't I be? I get to see you in a beautiful dress." I said with a much bigger smile and excitement.

But inside, I wasn't so sure about prom anymore.

• • •

The cake was cut already. We honestly didn't think that two big cakes would be enough. Thank God, those two cakes were enough, though.

"I need to get going. I'll stop by tomorrow." I spoke up abruptly, breaking the silence.

Just like that, all eyes were on me. It wasn't even eight o'clock yet. It was still pretty early, but I had things to do with Blaise.

"Leaving so soon?" Gavin asked, confused.

This time I kept Gavin out of my business with Blaise. I couldn't keep putting him up to this lifestyle anymore. He deserved to be happy with Cora.

"Yeah, I just took a small break from being with Blaise. Got a few things to do, then I'll see you back at home." I spoke up.

I didn't give them any more chances for them to ask me questions. I quickly said my goodbyes, kissed Raven and left.

• •

"Did you bring it?" A guy in a black hood asked Clayton. He nodded as I walked over to the guy with the bag. The mystery guy never let himself get seen. Once he got what he wanted, he left right away.

"One more exchange right," I told Clay as we got in the car.

"Yes, but we got to hurry with this one. We're going to be very close to Shane's area." He informed me as I started to drive.

"Does Blaise know that? You know he wouldn't just send us that easily." I say.

"I don't think Blaise was paying attention to any of it. He's been so busy with making sure nothing happens to us that he's been struggling." Clay stated.

I knew he had it rough, but I didn't realize it was that bad. Blaise has had no sleep what so ever lately. The rest of the ride was silent. Our last exchange was yet again, drugs and weapons. If my mother saw me right now, I swear she would blame herself for it.

My mom never wanted this type of lifestyle for me. Heck, no mother ever wants to see their child in this type of environment.

"Malakai, man, if you don't want to do this, we could always cancel and do it at another time." Clay suggested as we got out of the car.

"No, it's fine. When did Jensen say he would be here?" I asked.

But I never heard a response. Suddenly we were being attacked. Guys in black hoods came out of nowhere. Not two, or three, but six guys in total.

We were caught off guard. I couldn't even get back up on my feet. I had no clue whether to fight back or not. I didn't have a single way to fight back.

Not only was I caught off guard, but the guys who suddenly attacked us didn't give us a choice. They kept kicking us in our stomach, and on our sides. We couldn't even breathe probably from being hit repeatedly.

"This is what you get when you don't listen the first time!" One of the men said in rage.

But they never allowed us to speak. They just kept hitting us. "Should have listened the first time, Malakai! I do hope nothing happens to that poor girl." Another one stated.

My entire body went numb, but my mind was in full rage. Clay took that to his advantage and kicked the guys who had him pinned down.

"You lay a finger on her, and I swear that I will show you hell personally." I threatened them.

The rage I felt running through my body was the one thing helping me. Both Clay and I managed to get back on our feet. Blood was dripping from Clay's nose as I had a busted lip.

"It is sad if one day, that girl stopped breathing. You know, things happen all the time." All they did was try and get under my skin.

Clay tried holding me back as he held the other side of his abdomen. For Shane to be targeting, Raven had no reason what so ever.

"Don't want the same thing happening to Raven and her family like with Gavin's."

I was confused at that, but they did not stop there. No, they just kept adding more fuel to the fire.

"Don't want Raven and her family ending up like Gavin's parents. You know Shane is a man of his word." I wanted to kill them at this point.

"Don't you ever lay a hand on her, or I will kill you myself," I spoke in anger.

"I'd like to see you try kid. Shane has always had one step ahead of you. Better run back home to make sure you still have a girl." They said before leaving.

I'm pretty sure I had broken ribs and fractured bones. Clayton, as well, was already bruising badly.

"We need to tell Blaise before anyone else gets hurt," Clayton stated.

I nodded as I helped him get in the car. I drove as quickly as possible, and I quickly called Blaise.

"What the bloody hell happened?" Blaise asked as he saw us step out of the car.

"Shane happened. That entire exchange was a setup," Clayton spoke up. Blaise's face quickly lit up in anger. He helped me get Clay inside the house.

"What did he want with you guys?" I placed a cold bag on Clayton's ribs.

"He threatened Raven. He even involved the way Gavin's parents died." I now told him. Immediately Blaise went pale as if mentioning Gavin's parents were a big shocker.

"Why would he even care about Raven in the first place? She has nothing to do with this." I told Blaise.

"She has everything to do with this, mate," Clay spoke up first, but I ignored his comment.

"No, she doesn't, your brother has nothing to do or say about Raven," I screamed in rage.

"Don't you get it, Malakai? My brother doesn't care who or what she is to you. He only needs to know your weakness, and he'll take his chances." Blaise snapped. I was breathing heavily and not in control anymore. My anger grew more stronger by the minute.

"Why mention Gavin's parents, though? Why would he even mention or give me the sense that he will do the same with Raven?" I asked him.

Blaise was silent, couldn't even look me straight in the eyes. Even Clayton himself looked away.

"What is it that you haven't been telling me, Blaise?" I asked, still trying to control my anger.

He still made no effort to look at me. He was as quiet as the night could be. "I didn't kill Gavin's family! It was Shane!" He exclaimed as I become stone cold.

"Every tragedy that has ever happened to Gavin, and you have always involved my brother. It was never me who did those things. It's why I have always told you never to let someone in. It's why I'm always the bad guy of the story." The truth was out, and I couldn't believe it.

"Shane killed Gavin's parents. Shane is responsible for all the bad things coming your way." It is the last thing he told me.

My pain and anger didn't allow me to say more. The hurt I felt running through my body was enough to shut me up and make me fall to the floor.

"Bloody hell, come on, Malakai get up. I promise I will help look out for Raven." Blaise told me as he helped me up.

I accepted his help, but I knew what I had to do. I wasn't fond of my idea at all, but I knew it was the only way.

"No, just promise me you'll look out for her," I said.

He only nodded as I lay down on the sofa.

"What are you going to do, Malakai?" Clayton asked as he sat up.

"The right thing to do."

• • • • •

Are you ready for the twist?

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

277K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
5M 156K 72
For a second I turned my back when I felt strong arms grab my waist and pull me back. Reese forced me to sit on his lap as I felt his lips near my ne...
216K 7.9K 105
Previously known as Knew It (A peaceful nightmare) Highest-ranking- #2 in teenfiction - #1 sadness Love is a game, wan...
Knox's Little Annie بواسطة KATT

قصص المراهقين

400K 7.1K 18
"Such a spoiled girl, aren't you?" He nipped at my ear causing me to gasp. My lips parted in shock. "I'm not spoiled." I protested adamantly. "No? My...