Gifted

By Julia_Mikkelson

In a world where everyone is born with unique magical abilities, one girl is born with none. That girl, Nora... More

Part 1: The Dream
Part 2: Ordinary
Part 3: Extraordinary
Part 4: Miracles
Part 5: Class
Part 6: Warning
Part 7: City Life
Part 8: The Hunt
Part 9: The Voice
Part 10: Alice
Part 11: The First Battle
Part 12: Healing
Part 13: Homeward
Part 14: Intruder
Part 15: The Price of Power
Part 16: The New Routine
Part 17: Guard Alice
Part 18: Stalker
Part 19: Excuses
Part 20: Prepare for Battle
Part 21: The Aerico
Part 22: The Edge of New Croix
Part 23: Hell
Part 24: Hero
Part 25: Love
Part 26: Mackenzie
Part 27: Potential
Part 28: Along the Road
Part 29: Mackenzie's Last Stand
Part 30: The Morning After
Part 31: Quit
Part 32: Empty
Part 33: Recognize
Part 34: Choice
Part 35: Jordan and the Al
Part 36: Too Late
Part 37: Regret
Part 38: Casper
Part 39: Take Up Arms
Part 40: Headlines
Part 41: Maple Cafe
Part 42: Apology
Part 43: Spotted
Part 44: Consequences
Part 45: Agenda
Part 46: The Portal
Part 47: The Dragon Scale
Part 48: The Necklace
Part 49: Alliance
Part 51: Reassurance
Part 52: Avoidance
Part 53: Rivals
Part 54: Truth
Part 55: Absence
Part 56: Talk
Part 57: Two Friends
Part 58: Break
Part 59: Friendship
Part 60: True Friendship
Part 61: Damage
Part 62: Foolish
Part 63: Deterioration
Part 64: Tortured Soul
Part 65: Battle Plan
Part 66: Gone
Part 67: Heart Attack
Part 68: The Nightmare Demon
Part 69: Rage
Part 70: Lucy
Part 71: Reunion
Part 72: Humanity
Part 73: Despair
Part 74: Alice Returns
Part 75: No Option
Part 76: Last Resort
Part 77: Self Love
Part 78: Deadend
Part 79: Introvert
Part 80: Vanish
Part 81: The Last Hunter
Part 82: Ian Matthews
Part 83: P.E. (Powers Education)
Part 84: Special
Part 85: No Regrets
Part 86: Betrayal
Part 87: A Deal With the Devil
Part 88: Second Chances
Part 89: Love at Second Sight
Part 90: Trust
Part 91: Fade
Part 92: Third Chances
Part 93: Destiny
Part 94: Mackenzie's Despair
Part 95: Redo
Part 96: Through the Years
Part 97: Evolution
Part 98: Disposable
Part 99: Strangers
Part 100: Judgement Day
Part 101: Family
Part 102: Contract
Part 103: The Queen of Hell
Part 104: Memory From Another Life
Part 105: Into the Void
Part 106: Milky Way
Part 107: The Terms
Part 108: Farewell
Part 109: Soulmates
Part 110: Seven Years Later
Part 111: Crash
Part 112: No Mistakes

Part 50: The Moon Demon

13 0 0
By Julia_Mikkelson

We crossed a portal into an alternate world that resembled what I had always imagined what the surface of the moon would be like. The ground was dusty and silver and the sky was filled with stars. In the distance, I could see earth, looking so far away and lonely. I knew we weren't actually on the moon, though. I could breath and the pressure felt the same as earth's. But when I took a step, gravity seemed lighter. I could jump higher and slower. I wondered how Jordan would be able to fight a demon like this. It was difficult to even move around normally, let alone battle a demon. We wandered across the moon util we found our demon.

She was a beautiful woman with long dark hair, big luminous red eyes, and a round face. She looked like she could be a life-sized doll, she was so beautiful. She wore a silver crown with red rubies and nothing else.

"That's Alal! We found her! The moon demon!" Jordan said. As soon as Jordan spoke, the demon fled.

"She's getting away!" Alice cried. We tried to run after her, but the gravity was so strange in this world that we lost her. We stood disappointed and caught our breath.

"Damn." Jordan said.

"Jordan..." I began. "Maybe we could try hunting in a group next time? It might be easier. We could team up with Mr. Matthews or even Casper..." I suggested.

"Are you crazy?" Jordan asked turning to me.

"Um...I just thought it would be easier. I mean you're the only real hunter here. Alice and I are just your friends. And, this Alal is supposed to be a baby, and we let it get away. If there were more hunters like you, perhaps you'd be able to corner it. Since Casper is our friend, I think he'd be willing to team up with us." I attempted to explain myself.

"Casper wants to kill me, Nora. As far as I'm concerned, we're no longer friends." Jordan announced. I remembered the day before, when Jordan and Casper had gone hand to hand in combat and Mr. Matthews had to come break it up. I shivered. Casper had always been a good friend before the contracts. I wondered what had changed him. "Remember that fight? I was trying to kill him too!" Jordan admitted.

"But, can't you guys at least talk?" I asked.

"Don't be ridiculous." Jordan said. "His priorities are messed up and he only thinks about himself. Even if he was willing to fight with me, I wouldn't want him to. He's an awful person and I want nothing to do with him. God! He's just like Mr. Matthews was when Mackenzie was killed! That bastard watched Mackenzie die before even laying a finger on that Akki! Casper and Mr. Matthews only think about themselves. Maybe they should fight together instead!" Jordan shouted angrily.

"That's not true! Mackenzie trapped Mr. Matthews before fighting that Akki! Remember?" I asked.

"Why the hell are you defending him? Anyways, I'm not fighting to be seen as a hero. I honestly want to protect this world. I will go against anyone and anything for the sake of the ones I love: demons, twisted humans or even other demon hunters!" Jordan vowed. "If you get in my way, Nora, then you should keep your promise and stay out of it, and go home."

"Jordan. You know I would if you wanted me to." I said but Jordan didn't respond. Instead she walked past me, in search of the baby Alal we lost track of.

"Alice. Why didn't you say anything?" I asked her.

"I doubt she'll listen to anyone at this point, even me." she said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Olivia By sar

Paranormal

4.4K 237 30
❝She was drowning, all alone. But no one saw her struggle except for Olivia.❞ Ruth is a fourteen year old helpless orphan, who just got dropped in an...
279 3 33
As the end of Cursed with the demon a new generation starts. Teens start with their own styles and there own journey. The five known as The Ivan's al...
48 0 31
Nora Kinkaid is fed up. Her current problem is her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend has started irritating her. Actually she's started beating the ener...
132 7 17
One day, William arrives at a strange magic academy. His memories are messed up and he's not even a good fighter. But one thing he has for sure - is...