Born Of Ashes

By CarbonMoon

The Unmated Ball only happens once every generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate! The next just... More

Preface
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
A/N
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
*A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
*A/N
Chapter Twenty-Three
*A/N
Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
The First Burning
*A/N Please Read Me!!!
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cain's Story
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
PLEASE READ ME!!
Update on things!
The Great Tree
Chapter 31
Rewrite

Chapter Five

93.9K 3.1K 452
By CarbonMoon

LittleXNeko “Sorry for making you late for work” – Abbie xxx

Chapter Five

Shifting through the corridor of the prison people called school. It had been a week since the Unmated Ball and no one had heard of the Prince picking his Queen.

Laughter met my ears as I weaved in and out of the sea of people. It wasn’t the happy kind of laughter; no it was that type of laughter that scars your heart, the malicious kind of laughter, the kind which all girls seem to have a PhD in. I didn’t need to or wanted to look around because I already knew who this laughter was directed at.

I started to walk faster, trying to escape their destructive words, tying with all my might to ignore the hurtful comments thrown my way, as I made my way through the corridor trying to find an empty classroom to camp in for lunch. Everyday was the same, wondering around the school finding the first empty classroom to hind in until the bell went for class. They school is the best years of your life, but for me they where hell on earth. They don’t give you a hand guide on how to survive in high school, I wish they did!  

I had just turned the corridor when suddenly something hit me hard in the back of my head, I brought my hand to where the object had hit me and felt wetness.

“Hey witch,” an obnoxious almost too sweet voice met my ears.

I still didn’t turn.

“Hey witch I am talking to you!” The voice shrilled. I took in a long breathe before slowly turning around to face the owner of that sickly voice.

“Watch it, Maddy, she might cast a spell on you,” another voice spat with disgust.

“Yes,” I asked timidly looking down at the floor. They didn’t like it if you made eye contact with them.

“Stop gives us that look you bitch,” another voice met my ears as their hand connected to my face. Everyday was the same routine they would mock me and hit me, then leave. I was use to it by now so it didn’t really affect me that much anymore.

“Sorry,” I muttered trying not to given glance at them. Normally the slaps and kicks weren’t that hard but they were getting ratty because the Prince hadn’t chosen anyone and they wanted it to be them. I was their local punching bag to help them with all their stress and worries, I was glad to be of service... not!

The group of girls that surrounded me were all the beautiful she-wolves with their perfectly styled hair, makeup, and designer clothes. They were beautiful on the outside but not on the in, but in society now days it didn’t matter as long as you were beautiful! There was only one thing that held this group together, without me they would be ripping each other’s throats out! I didn’t have to read their minds to know what they thought of me. I could see the disgust clear on their perfect features.

They hated me because I was different and their never let me forget it!

“Run along now, little Witch,” Maddy snarled. “Before I smack your little face in,” her voice sounded so sweet but her words hit me like a brick wall. I scuttled away as fast as my little would carry me, only stopping to hideout in the upper girl’s toilet. I hide in the toilet until the bell went for class.

The rest of the school day went on without a hitch and soon I found myself walking back to my house. I hummed to myself as I passed neatly uniformed front gardens lined with white picket fences and shortly cut grass. The sun was slowly losing its rays as I turned to the wood track that led to my house. My mother and father had moved into the woods after I was born. Trying to protect me from the harsh world with its un-accepting people filling every surface, I was safe for a while but when I had to go to school it all changed. The pack weren’t very accepting of my condition and I had a feeling if I ever got the Alpha title they would refuse me.

As I made it down the dust path lined, golden sunlight erupted from the cover of the trees casting golden shadows on the forest floor. Patches of bluebells spring from the ground covered the forest floor in a blanket of purple. Bird song filled the air and the rustling of the leaves as the wind caressed them with its soothing touch. I couldn’t stop the smile from forming on my lips this place was my safe haven. I sighed as my little white house came into view, our cars all parked neatly out front and the smell of my mother pot roast filling the air around me. I longed to throw myself into my soft bed, I had almost hear it calling me.

“Iris,” my mother’s voice met my ears as I stepped into the house.

“Yeah,” I replied kicking my sneakers off, dumping my bag on the floor and putting my house keys in the crystal bowl.

“Good, can you come through to the kitchen darling?” she shouted,

“Yeah,” I entered the kitchen to see her sitting at the dining table with a man in a black suit.

“Don’t freak,” my mum watched the panic seep onto my face. “Please take a seat,” she kicked a chair out with her foot. I sunk down into the seat, watching the man in the suit, who didn’t seem fazed by me at all. In fact he looked rather relaxed, sipping his tea in a pink tea cup.

“What is going on?” I asked fear bubbling inside me. Who was this man? What was he doing in my kitchen and more importantly was anyone hurt?

“Why does anything have to be going on?” mum pretended that the man sitting in our kitchen and sipping tea.

“Mum,” I groaned as a smile spread across her flawless face.

“Okay, okay,” she grinned. “How was school?”

“Fine,” I muttered. “Now tell me what is going on,” I demanded.

“David” my mum nodded to the man across from her and the one sat next to me.

“I cannot say,” he final spoke placing his tea cup down. “I have been told to collect Miss Iris from the Iron Chain pack and bring her with me back,” he sighed straightening the cup so that the hand was in line with the edge of the table.

“Who has sent you?” I asked.

“I cannot say Miss Iris,”

“Then I am not going,” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Oh hush now Iris,” my mother rolled her eyes.

“No mother,” I snapped. “I am not going anywhere in less I know who and where I am going!” I almost growled. “You can tell that to your boss too!” I turned to suit guy and on that note I went to my room and threw myself on my bed. I snuggled down into my covers and fell fast asleep.

I woke with a sudden start, my room was in complete darkness and fear seeped through me. I was a heavy sleeper, so what had woken me?

Rat-tat Rat-tat

The sound came from my window, a scream started to formulate in my mouth as I saw the silhouette of a person outside. Fear bubble inside me as I stilled. What should I do? I started to shake and my breath came out in short pants.

“Iris,” the silhouette said with a low husky voice. “Iris, let me in, I am not going to hurt you,” they tried to reassure.  

“No go away,” I snapped trying to bury myself deep within the covers. Maybe, if I lay still enough they would go away?

“Iris let me it,” such power was behind that voice that I found myself doing as I was told. Fear bubbled inside me as I drew back the curtains and then unlocked my window sliding it up.

“Jesus Ollie!” I snapped at my big brother. “You gave me a heart attack with your big ugly face,” I snapped clutching my heart.

“Well sorry Iris”,” he geared climbing through my window.

“What the hell are you sneaking through my window for anyway?” I narrowed my red eyes at him.

“Oh err... you know...” Ollie stuttered trying to come up with some fabrication.

I out my hands on my hips and gave him the look. “Ollie, tell me,” I ordered.

“Find I forgot my key and I didn’t want to wake mum and dad up,” he sighed running his hands through his dirty blond locks.

“Well, why my room? You could have knocked on Harper’s!” I snapped throwing myself back on my bed.

“Your room is closer and Harper is a bitch,” he muttered the last part escaping from my room to his. I sighed slowly letting sleep take me again and just as I fell asleep I swear I heard the faintest whisper of someone calling my name.

So chapter Five is here... I hope you like it!

Tell me what you think? Bad, good, okay???

Also just a note to tell everyone that I don’t have a plan when I write so updates happen when I have time and an idea! I never plan where my story is going and the stories I post are almost like a drift copy and I rewrite them after I finished them on Wattpad (this is what is happening with The Alone Girl)

So if you guys want to read more of my work check out The Alone Girl! Also if you are into Vampires check out my other Wattpad VelvetSkyline and read, The Shadows or Bloodlines and also I have a werewolf story on there too called My Wolf Girl.

If you haven’t voted for previous chapter I would love you forever if you did! Remember to vote, comment and follow me my lovely readers!!!!!

Love Abbie xxx

Ps. I am sorry if I haven’t replied to your comments or follows! I just haven’t had time and also after a while I run out of things to say and Wattpad doesn’t let you post the same thing as they think it is spam! I love the idea of the names and if you come up with anymore post them below or message me them

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 799 25
Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able to match her power... or so she thought...
768K 41.1K 65
"You're not like the other wolves here, Colton. You're different." Colton was a rogue borne omega; a rarity in the least. Raised in a small, rogue c...
112K 4.2K 41
"I fear I still do not have a name to match the beauty before me." He began. "Must that always be the only thing you wish to know?" She sighed heavi...
248K 12.3K 67
"I'm going to erase and replace that man-every man-from your mind," Alexander's grip on me tightens. A snarl escaping his lips to remind me exactly w...