His Dark Angel

By a_man_duh22

Jess Owens is 26 years old and the owner of the haunted Hill View Manor. She gets a call from the Ghost Adven... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Author's Note

4

3.6K 65 2
By a_man_duh22

Jess POV
Holy shit! I can't believe that Zak Bagans himself asked me on a date! I'm freaking out. I start looking through my closet to find something to wear tomorrow night. I get to the dress section of my closet, and I decide on a long, long sleeved black dress. It shows cleavage, but not enough to be trashy, and has a high slit to show some leg but still leaves something to the imagination. Now that I have figured out what I'm going to wear, I start getting nervous. A million things are going through my mind. I really want this to go well because I don't want things to be awkward. My school girl crush is escalating quickly and it scares me. I finally decide to take a shower and go to bed. I need to be well rested and relax my mind.

My alarm goes off this morning and I groan as I roll over and turn it off. I have to be at Hill View in an hour to let Zak, Nick, and Aaron in for the rest of their interviews. I have to get my hair colored at 3 so I'll give the keys to John, my contractor, to lock everything up when they are done. I'll get them from him later. I get dressed and make my way to work. When I pull up, the boys are already here waiting for me. "Sorry to keep you waiting gentlemen." I say sincerely as I meet them out front. "Oh, we haven't been waiting very long." Aaron says with a smile. I go ahead and unlock the doors and let them in. "John should be here any minute." I say right about the time John walks through the door.

I'm sitting at the hair salon waiting for the girl to start on my hair and my phone goes off. I grab it out of my purse and see it's a text from Zak. "Hey beautiful. I can't wait for tonight. I'll see you at 7." "I can't wait either. I'll be ready and waiting. See you soon." I reply before getting escorted to my chair. "So what can I do for you today?" My hair dresser, Jake, asks. "I want a trim and I want to go jet black." I say happily. I'm so ready for this change but I'm nervous to see Zak's reaction. I hope he likes it.

Zak POV
I've been so nervous today, about the date tonight, that I barely even spoke to Jess this morning. After she left, I sent her a text, which she instantly replied, so that made me feel better. Now, I'm pacing the floor in my hotel room waiting for 6:30 to roll around. "You're gonna wear holes in the floor, bro." Aaron says while him and Nick are laughing at me. "I'm so nervous. This has to go good guys." I tell them seriously. "Zak, it's obvious she likes you. Tonight will go great, I know it will. Don't put so much stress on yourself." Nick says trying to calm my nerves. I nod my head and try to calm down. "Alright guys. I gotta go. See you tomorrow." I say walking out the door.

Twenty minutes later, I'm pulling the rental car into Jessica's driveway. I'm so nervous that I have sweat rolling down my forehead. I stand outside the car for about ten minutes before I make my way to the front door. I hesitate a little before raising my hand to knock on the door. I hear her heels clicking on the floor. When she opens the door, my jaw drops. "Wow Jess, you look amazing. Your hair looks hot. I dig the black." I tell her as she opens the door. "Well thank you. Are you ready?" Jess asks with a smile. "Yeah, let's go." I say as I grab her hand. I help her into the car and we make our way to the restaurant.

We arrive at the restaurant and I help jess out of the car. The hostess escorts is to a table in the back so we can have some privacy. "So, Zak, what do you think of New Castle?" Jess asks breaking the silence. "It's a nice change from Vegas. I kind of like it." I tell her with a smirk. "You know, I've never been to Vegas. I've been dying to go but then I bought Hill View and that seems to be where all my time goes." "Hopefully, after tonight, that will change." I tell her with a smirk and a wink. Jess and I finish dinner a couple hours later and now I'm walking her to her door. "So, I'll see you tomorrow before lockdown?" I ask her. "Yeah, you will." Jess says with a smile. As I turn to walk off, Jess grabs my arm and pulls me back to her. She pulls me in for a kiss and I instantly kiss back. When we pull away, she walks in and I head back to the car with a smile on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 496 24
Kayla is a hard working mother with a daughter named Abby. One day she meets the Ghost Adventures Crew, will her life be changed forever? Or will it...
39.6K 2.1K 42
"You are absolutely barking mad.. You know that, right?" With a wicked grin, he looks over at me. "Now you're seeing the world through my eyes." ****...
141K 4.7K 62
Zak, lead investigator of Ghost Adventures, has had his fair share of women over time. From models, singers and even an ex playboy bunny. With fast...
68.5K 2.5K 49
"-No offence. But I thought with a last name of Goodwin? You'd have nothing but good luck." He scoffed and looked down at his phone. "You have no id...